Quality Issues with new Fit - Page 17 - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums


3rd Generation GK Specific DIY: Repair & Maintenance Sub-Forum Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself on the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #321  
Old 11-13-2014, 08:07 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 226
Consistently bad...?
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 11-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dunedin, Florida
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8strung View Post
My bumper fits exactly like that, seems consistent.
Me too....

Last edited by exl500; 11-13-2014 at 08:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 11-13-2014, 09:39 PM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 226
I mean, bad fitment is one thing, but having the top of the bumper pop out on the left side, come on. Almost like when Honda redesigned the USDM ugly-bumpers, it didn't have enough support for the extra overhang. Curious if the shorter nice rest-of-the-world bumpers do that.
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 11-14-2014, 10:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Virginia
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8strung View Post
My bumper fits exactly like that, seems consistent.
Seeems like there should be a fix for this, since I have seen 2015 Fits where the bumper fit to the fender is much better. Maybe replacing the clips that hold the bumper to the fender?
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 11-14-2014, 11:16 AM
cheesewhiz's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadvoodooguru View Post
Washing the car again... funny how I always find things when I wash the car.
There is some kind of rust or discoloration of the chrome strip on the back on the car... This is just a picture of one spot, there are several. Not sure if it could be rust, as I don't think plastic covered in chrome can rust, but it is definitely permanently marked... It was not there a month ago.
BBVoodoo ... am having a similar issue with the black strip on the rear of my LX. Sort of looks like water spots or corrosion, also all over the rear Honda emblem. Haven't been able to eliminate it, and my dealer is quite a distance away so very inconvenient to visit.

Please let me know what you find out about this ... I'll do the same if I discover anything.

UPDATE: Was able to clean with isopropyl alcohol, see post in this thread: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1277649

Last edited by cheesewhiz; 11-14-2014 at 01:03 PM. Reason: UPDATE POST
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 11-25-2014, 12:22 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Long Beach. CA
Posts: 3
yeah, after bumper replacement, both of my sides flare out like that
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 11-25-2014, 07:32 PM
HondaCustSvc's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbtrinh View Post
yeah, after bumper replacement, both of my sides flare out like that
pbtrinh,

Sorry to hear about this. This is definitely unusual even after the bumper was replaced. We would highly suggest visiting your local Honda dealership to have it diagnosed. If you need further assistance, please message us with your full name, VIN, mileage, and dealer so we can better assist you.


Thank you,

Jonathan
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 11-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: baltimore, md
Posts: 364
I know this social media person is just doing his job, but I'd be interested in knowing if his intervention has actually helped any owners resolve their issues. There are few things I hate more than being patronized. For instance, being shot in the head would be more bothersome than Jonathan's canned responses to folks' legitimate issues.

I know, I can be a real ass. My wife lets me know on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 11-28-2014, 11:59 AM
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Cape Coral Florida
Posts: 1
2015 Milano Red Fit EX...LOVE IT!....but....

I just came across this Forum while searching for 2015 Honda Fit Issues.

I recently purchased a 2015 EX automatic in Milano red. I absolutely love this car!! Features are great. Gas mileage is fantastic.

I've had the car for about 5 days. I was showing it off to a family member when I noticed some vertical lines on the hatch and bumper of the car. They look like drip marks (I initially thought wax or something..) but they don't come off. I ran my fingernail over the lines to see if they were scratches, but they are completely smooth.

I was wondering what to do about it when I came across this forum. My vertical lines look exactly like your picture Bigbadvoodooguru.

I checked the car over thoroughly when we purchased it. I did catch a small scratch on the drivers side fender that they buffed, but I didn't see these lines. I'm thinking its because it was getting dark and starting to rain.

At any rate they look like drip marks or something. They run down the back hatch. I tried to remove them (because I thought they were wax) with a microfiber towel, but they don't come off. Just wondering if this is a common thing with the 2015??

My dash also started vibrating yesterday. Its as if there is a screw bouncing around in there...I think this is going to drive me more crazy than the paint issues =)

Just wondering what they ended up doing with your paint issues. I was really hesitant to buy this car because I heard there were quality issues. I was counting myself really lucky until I noticed these lines in the paint.

I realize the car isn't going to be perfect, but its kinda sad to have all these lines on the back of my new car.

UPDATE - Turns out the vertical lines were some sort of resin or glue. Dried hard it was really hard to remove. I was able to use Nu Finish to polish the stuff off.

Last edited by sanderssc; 11-28-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Add Details
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 11-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Posts: 30
Hmmm, just was phoned by my Honda dealership. Apparently Honda 'forgot' to put heaters on the 'heated' mirrors and rear defroster. I'd been wondering about the rear defroster because I've had some damp stuff in the back, and the rear window just wouldn't clear. So, a 3-4 hour repair. This is a Canadian DX only problem it seems. I thought by getting the base model, I'd have less problems than with a higher level trim. Less bells and whistles. Still LOVE this car! Bart von Fahrt!!
Reply With Quote
  #331  
Old 11-28-2014, 11:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Washingotn
Posts: 20
Very happy with my Fit and it's quality except for one "issue".

Mentioned this in the "Squeaking Sound" thread, but my clutch makes a sound when I press it. I haven't done anything about it yet, but would be curious if any other 6MT owners have had a similar experience.
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 12-01-2014, 01:27 PM
HondaCustSvc's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderssc View Post
I just came across this Forum while searching for 2015 Honda Fit Issues.

I recently purchased a 2015 EX automatic in Milano red. I absolutely love this car!! Features are great. Gas mileage is fantastic.

I've had the car for about 5 days. I was showing it off to a family member when I noticed some vertical lines on the hatch and bumper of the car. They look like drip marks (I initially thought wax or something..) but they don't come off. I ran my fingernail over the lines to see if they were scratches, but they are completely smooth.

I was wondering what to do about it when I came across this forum. My vertical lines look exactly like your picture Bigbadvoodooguru.

I checked the car over thoroughly when we purchased it. I did catch a small scratch on the drivers side fender that they buffed, but I didn't see these lines. I'm thinking its because it was getting dark and starting to rain.

At any rate they look like drip marks or something. They run down the back hatch. I tried to remove them (because I thought they were wax) with a microfiber towel, but they don't come off. Just wondering if this is a common thing with the 2015??

My dash also started vibrating yesterday. Its as if there is a screw bouncing around in there...I think this is going to drive me more crazy than the paint issues =)

Just wondering what they ended up doing with your paint issues. I was really hesitant to buy this car because I heard there were quality issues. I was counting myself really lucky until I noticed these lines in the paint.

I realize the car isn't going to be perfect, but its kinda sad to have all these lines on the back of my new car.

UPDATE - Turns out the vertical lines were some sort of resin or glue. Dried hard it was really hard to remove. I was able to use Nu Finish to polish the stuff off.
sanderssc,

Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with your 2015 Fit. I'm glad the vertical lines were a result of a resin and was able to be removed. Regarding the vibrating dash, I would suggest bringing the vehicle into the dealership for a diagnosis. If you need further assistance with the dealership, please private message us with your VIN, mileage and dealer so we can better assist you.


Thank you,

Jonathan
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 12-01-2014, 01:34 PM
HondaCustSvc's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bits View Post
Very happy with my Fit and it's quality except for one "issue".

Mentioned this in the "Squeaking Sound" thread, but my clutch makes a sound when I press it. I haven't done anything about it yet, but would be curious if any other 6MT owners have had a similar experience.
2bits,

I would highly suggest visiting a local Honda dealership for a diagnosis to determine the cause of the issue and if this is considered an issue in terms of clutch operation. If you need further assistance after the vehicle is diagnosed, please don't hesitate to contact us with your full name, VIN, mileage and dealership.


Thank you,

Jonathan
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 12-03-2014, 11:03 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Stockton
Posts: 2
Quality issues....here are my problems with my fit. After Honda replace my fender, the gaps between the body and the fender are not even. The stealer ship replaced the old clips with some new clips but uneven gaps are still there. I also noticed that the front fender's color is different from the rest of the car. The body is crystal black pearl and fender is black gray( I didn't noticed the color difference outside during daytime, but at night in my garage with a flashlight there was two different colors).
My head unit screen turns black when I signal to make a right turn. Happened to me twice and I took it to stealer ship to get it fix. They refused to fix it. Advisor told me that they will not fix it because they can't replicate the problem. I had an argument with advisor and told him it was a safety issue. He decided I should talk to the service manager. The service manager didn't acknowledge that the fit had this problem, but he was will to call honda headquarter and see what they will do. Honda will update the software and add other parts this Saturday(12/6/14). Will update what happen..
Also... My windshield wiper sqeak whenever I use it. My bake also make a sqeaky noise when I released it. It only happen when it's cold or in the morning. Love my fit but all of these issues are driving me nuts..
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 12-04-2014, 10:13 AM
Member
5 Year Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringthebeating View Post
Quality issues....here are my problems with my fit. After Honda replace my fender, the gaps between the body and the fender are not even. The stealer ship replaced the old clips with some new clips but uneven gaps are still there. I also noticed that the front fender's color is different from the rest of the car. The body is crystal black pearl and fender is black gray( I didn't noticed the color difference outside during daytime, but at night in my garage with a flashlight there was two different colors).
My head unit screen turns black when I signal to make a right turn. Happened to me twice and I took it to stealer ship to get it fix. They refused to fix it. Advisor told me that they will not fix it because they can't replicate the problem. I had an argument with advisor and told him it was a safety issue. He decided I should talk to the service manager. The service manager didn't acknowledge that the fit had this problem, but he was will to call honda headquarter and see what they will do. Honda will update the software and add other parts this Saturday(12/6/14). Will update what happen..
Also... My windshield wiper sqeak whenever I use it. My bake also make a sqeaky noise when I released it. It only happen when it's cold or in the morning. Love my fit but all of these issues are driving me nuts..
Most of the issues you are reporting have been encountered by others, so you are not alone.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...amera-bug.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...r-squeaks.html
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ing-sound.html
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 12-04-2014, 10:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringthebeating View Post
Quality issues....here are my problems with my fit. After Honda replace my fender, the gaps between the body and the fender are not even. The stealer ship replaced the old clips with some new clips but uneven gaps are still there. I also noticed that the front fender's color is different from the rest of the car. The body is crystal black pearl and fender is black gray( I didn't noticed the color difference outside during daytime, but at night in my garage with a flashlight there was two different colors).
My head unit screen turns black when I signal to make a right turn. Happened to me twice and I took it to stealer ship to get it fix. They refused to fix it. Advisor told me that they will not fix it because they can't replicate the problem. I had an argument with advisor and told him it was a safety issue. He decided I should talk to the service manager. The service manager didn't acknowledge that the fit had this problem, but he was will to call honda headquarter and see what they will do. Honda will update the software and add other parts this Saturday(12/6/14). Will update what happen..
Also... My windshield wiper sqeak whenever I use it. My bake also make a sqeaky noise when I released it. It only happen when it's cold or in the morning. Love my fit but all of these issues are driving me nuts..

sorry, but i would have laughed at you if you told me the screen turning black when you signal is a safety issue....inconvenience, yes...but safety issue? you can't just turn your head and look out your window and make sure it's safe to make the turn like all the other drivers on the road? as for all the other issue's i hope they do get them resolved and get everything right for you, i just hate to see people not enjoying their cars because of a few quality issues, but at least for the most part Honda seems like they are trying to make things right.
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 12-05-2014, 10:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Posts: 30
I was told by the dealership service/parts person to phone Honda headquarters and state what an outrageous inconvenience it was for me to drive 1 1/2 hr. each way, and waste 3 hours at the dealership to get the side mirrors heat dealy done and rear defrost fixed. I jokingly said I wanted the rain guards for all the windows for the inconvenience - they said try. So I'm gonna.. I'm not that outraged, but what the heck?
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 12-06-2014, 03:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Monterey
Posts: 229
Anyone else easily getting light scratchs? My door cups look like crap already. Car gets Bi-weekly wash and wax and is only 2 months old. My neighbors Fiesta is a year old and looks great and she never washes the thing.

I intend to do a clear bra, but now I feel like I'm going to have to wrap everything.
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 12-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Vancouver Island, Canada
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bits View Post
Very happy with my Fit and it's quality except for one "issue".

Mentioned this in the "Squeaking Sound" thread, but my clutch makes a sound when I press it. I haven't done anything about it yet, but would be curious if any other 6MT owners have had a similar experience.


I do. Is it like a groaning /creaking sound? I have noticed it a couple of times now. Will visit the dealer this coming week to have this looked at, AND the chattering windshield wipers that are driving me nuts! I'm hoping the clutch pedal is not a major issue... Love this car, and don't want any 'issues'!!
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 12-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Snow Hill, MD
Posts: 75
Ok well here is my issues thus far. Here is my 2 post concerning the alignment issue - https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ment-done.html and https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...nt-issues.html.

Other issue seems to be clearing up now after 1k miles on it but I had a bad miss when cold. Not all the time running miss but just and occasional bad stumble like someone pulled a spark plug wire for a second and back on. Not sure if anyone else noticed this?
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life, six months, after the Honda Fit festiboi 3rd Generation (2015+) 16 08-20-2017 12:52 AM
2016 Japanese made Fits Reddogs 3rd Generation (2015+) 22 10-23-2016 03:08 PM
Door rattle after body work daleyt 3rd Generation (2015+) 2 07-14-2016 07:37 AM
Fond Farewell Rooster 3rd Generation (2015+) 32 05-15-2016 07:23 AM
JAZZ can't get enough eyepon Asia Fit Forums & Clubs 0 11-30-2014 06:38 AM


Tags
2015, build, built, fit, flaws, honda, hondas, initial, issues, made, mexico, problem, problems, quality, registration

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:15 PM.