3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles

Old 10-21-2017, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
Installed the rear seat protectors today. They are really easy to install, maybe taking 10 minutes if you take your time.

Attached Thumbnails 2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-img_20171021_121048494.jpg  
Old 10-21-2017, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
Also did did the Sport Horns from College Hills Honda. While I was in there I tackled the sagging front bumper.

First the Sport horns. Here they are on the left side. You don't have to completely take off the bumper. The install video is a few posts up:

Here are some before and after pictures of the sagging bumper:

Before:

After

The issue is caused by what I believe is this foam piece that had come off. I decided to use a piece of dense foam I had on hand. It's thicker than the OEM:

While looking at the back of the bumper, the foam piece is here. I attached it with some 3M double sided tape:

This is where it sits on the actual metal bumper, see the black smudges:

So this fixed my sagging bumper! I took it for a test drive and no weird sounds. One thing to note, I did break the plastic push pin on the drivers side wheel well area. Looks like it just helps hold the wheel well splash shield. I'll source a new one from next week. Other than that it was pretty easy to fix.

Credit goes to JHN who had mentioned that foam piece previously. I finally got sick and tired of looking at it and decided to do something. Good excuse to throw in the sport horns

Here is a post I made after a few months of ownership: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...-warranty.html

Attached Thumbnails 2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-20150814_200843.jpg   2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-20150814_200819.jpg   2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-20150814_161513.jpg   2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-20150814_161437.jpg   2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-img_20171021_121216218_hdr.jpg  

2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-img_20171021_121226018_hdr.jpg   2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-img_20171027_130359.jpg   2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-img_20171027_130208.jpg   2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-img_20171027_132154.jpg  

Last edited by 2Rismo2; 11-09-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:40 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Installed the rear seat protectors today. They are really easy to install, maybe taking 10 minutes if you take your time.
do those rear seat protectors fold out to protect your trunk floor too, or do you have a rubber tray for your trunk floor or..? just curious why seat back protector but no trunk floor protectors.

kinda like wearing a fire suit without a fire helmet?

Old 10-25-2017, 07:30 PM
Looking good! Really like the steering wheel cover and of course the HKS exhaust (biased since I have one haha. Love the 'pop' sounds it makes occasionally!).

Old 10-25-2017, 07:41 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i guess it dont fold out then? (wrong question?) (NEXT! lol)

Old 10-27-2017, 11:32 AM
5 Year Member
Also did did the Sport Horns from College Hills Honda. While I was in there I tackled the sagging front bumper.

First the Sport horns. Here they are on the left side. You don't have to completely take off the bumper. The install video is a few posts up:

Before:

After

The issue is caused by what I believe is this foam piece that had come off. I decided to use a piece of dense foam I had on hand. It's thicker than the OEM:

While looking at the back of the bumper, the foam piece is here. I attached it with some 3M double sided tape:

So this fixed my sagging bumper! I took it for a test drive and no weird sounds. One thing to note, I did break the plastic push pin on the drivers side wheel well area. Looks like it just helps hold the wheel well splash shield. I'll source a new one from next week. Other than that it was pretty easy to fix.

Credit goes to JHN who had mentioned that foam piece previously. I finally got sick and tired of looking at it and decided to do something. Good excuse to throw in the sport horns

Here is a post I made after a few months of ownership: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...-warranty.html
I WILL DO THE SAME THING! Thanks for sharing bro! Kinda wish you had pics of what you modified behind the bumper though

Last edited by TougeMonster_GK5; 10-27-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
I WILL DO THE SAME THING! Thanks for sharing bro! Kinda wish you had pics of what you modified behind the bumper though
I second that

Old 10-27-2017, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Fixed the original post with the pertinent pictures. Let me know if it's not clear and I'll explain it but it's easy to figure out while you're back there. Sorry about that!

Last edited by 2Rismo2; 10-27-2017 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Quick demo of my lighting situation. Running NOKYA NOK7623 foglights and PIAA Xtreme White Plus H4 bulbs

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2g...ew?usp=sharing

In the video it starts with both headlights and foglights on. Then quickly turn off fog lights, turn them back on. Then I turn hi-beams on and run that way for a while. Near the end I turn hi-beams back off.

Captured with a Rexing V1 dash cam. It's hard to pick up, but foglights do throw a decent beam to the left and right of the car, as well as illuminating the area directly in front. Also for some reason it looks darker with high beams on, but that's probably just the way the dash cam picks up the lighting. It's much brighter in real life.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:38 PM
I had those same yellow Nokya fog bulbs. Wasn't yellow enough, so I put yellow film on the fog lenses. I find them ok, but wish the beam was wider.

I just put in some yellow LED fog bulbs and will have to test. I know these LED's are brighter than my Nokya's.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
I agree, I wish they were more yellow. I guess when they burn out, I'll see what else is out there. Interested to see how the LED fogs you're trying turn out.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:22 AM
5 Year Member
Today's morning commute was very icy. Saw a couple cars spun out. I found using ECON mode really helped with accelerating from a stop to minimize tire spin.

I'm glad it's going to be warming up for the mid-atlantic. This cold weather has really killed my mileage. Normally I average low 40's MPG, but last week's chill brought me down to 38MPG. Lowest I've seen in over a year!

Old 01-09-2018, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
...I'm glad it's going to be warming up for the mid-atlantic. This cold weather has really killed my mileage. Normally I average low 40's MPG, but last week's chill brought me down to 38MPG. Lowest I've seen in over a year!
Yes, snow and ice really increases gas consumption. Accelerating in snow and ice, grip is harder to find. Also here in Canuckistan we have winter blend, which also degrades your gas consumption. It is in winter when I get my worst gas mileage. Currently getting 8.2L/100km (mostly wife driving, all city) / 28.68mpg. in the summer we'll get 6.8L/100km / 34.59mpg.

That storm was huge.We've not had -25C/-13F in a long time, and that does not include windchill. Do you have winter tires?

Last edited by TorontoBoy; 01-09-2018 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:48 AM
5 Year Member
No on the winter tires. In Virginia we don't get the ice/snow that requires it IMO. I'm sure the extra siping and tire compound would help, but don't think it's worth the extra cost where I am.

My other vehicle is a Toyota 4Runner 4WD with Bridgestone Dueler REVOs. So if I really need to get out I use that

Wow those are some extreme temps! We got into 1F where I am, and I thought that was plenty cold.

Old 01-19-2018, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
Bought a
OUMAX RV50HD-S OUMAX RV50HD-S
for myself after Christmas and finally got around to installing. I already have a Rexing V1, but after I installed one of these dash cam mirrors in the 4Runner, I really like the functionality integrated into the mirror. It also has a newer image sensor and the night time video is better quality.

It clears the sun visors. The driver side visor kind of blocks the view of the mirror when it's halfway down, but moved all the way forward it's clear. No issue with the passenger side visor. One thing I didn't know that I'm getting used to is that there is a red light on the top side that indicates it's recording.

I chose to mount the rear view camera on the plastic panel that hides the car seat tether achor point on the roof. The cable goes through it into the headliner, then I snaked it on the passenger side of the car to the front unit. I did not connect the rear camera to the reverse lights, as I don't need an additional backup camera. The backup camera lights are bright white and they come on if you connect the rear camera to a 12V source.

I'll post up a video sample soon.

Attached Thumbnails 2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-img_20180119_082515502.jpg   2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-img_20180119_082538477.jpg   2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-img_20180119_134947992.jpg  

Last edited by 2Rismo2; 01-19-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:04 PM
5 Year Member

Before:

After

I need to do this soon! F the SAG!!

Old 01-19-2018, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Bought a OUMAX RV50HD-S for myself after Christmas and finally got around to installing. I already have a Rexing V1, but after I installed one of these dash cam mirrors in the 4Runner, I really like the functionality integrated into the mirror. It also has a newer image sensor and the night time video is better quality.

It clears the sun visors. The driver side visor kind of blocks the view of the mirror when it's halfway down, but moved all the way forward it's clear. No issue with the passenger side visor. One thing I didn't know that I'm getting used to is that there is a red light on the top side that indicates it's recording.

I chose to mount the rear view camera on the plastic panel that hides the car seat tether achor point on the roof. The cable goes through it into the headliner, then I snaked it on the passenger side of the car to the front unit. I did not connect the rear camera to the reverse lights, as I don't need an additional backup camera. The backup camera lights are bright white and they come on if you connect the rear camera to a 12V source.

I'll post up a video sample soon.
Looks el Fuego!

Old 01-19-2018, 02:31 PM
5 Year Member
I need to do this soon! F the SAG!!
Haha ya do it sooner than later and don't forget to get that bumper pad I had mentioned to you before. I don't have the sag anymore, but the bumper kind of pokes out a bit on the side. It doesn't sit flush with the quarter panel. I think because the clips have been bent from 50K of driving. Oh well, I'll live with it.

Old 01-19-2018, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member
Looks el Fuego!
Thanks! I drive 20K a year just in commuting so I figure it's a good way to capture any mishaps.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
I'd like to have a flat surface in the front seat area to put a coffee cup or some food.
Any ideas? I've tried using a paint tray on the passenger seat but it's not flat enough.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles