3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
1/4 inch? That's really nitpicking...I mean, hell, you can see through the tint - how is it acceptable that the Fit's sunvisors can flip down so much lower than that? And you can't see through them. Mine's about 2" below legal, limo tint, looks good on a black Fit - from a lil ways away, it makes it look like the roofline is really low We have no inspection here in TN, neither mechanical nor emissions.

Old 04-04-2018, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
Agreed with the nitpicking since last year they passed it! Not sure if Virginia State Police has cracked down on them or why the change. It's technically illegal since it's below so I don't have a leg to stand on, but it is annoying to have to waste my day off to visit the tint shop. Tint guy didn't sound so happy either haha

Old 04-07-2018, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
Car passed inspection!

I went over to the tint place and explained the situation. The owner came out
to look at it and said, he tinted to the AS-1 line. He asked which garage I went to and he looked up the number and called them. He gave them a tongue lashing for failing me and threatened to report them to the state police. The garage said to bring it back in and they'd run it through. Tint guy said that he thinks they used the little arrows versus the actual AS-1 line.

The tint place is next to a garage so we went over and he spoke to the inspector there. The inspector took a look and said, ya that would pass and the other inspector was being a d*ck. So rather than wasting time going back up to that original garage, I figure I would just use that inspector instead. 20 minutes later he had slapped on a new inspector sticker. He also did me a solid and scraped off the adhesive that the other garage neglected to do.

I'll be writing glowing online reviews for both the tint place and new garage.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:54 PM
Great news!

Old 04-13-2018, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
There was some talk that premium would get you better gas mileage. I'm always skeptical, but figured it was worth a shot and really wouldn't cost a lot to try. So for the last 3 tanks, I've been filling up with 91 premium at my local Murphy. This is the same station I get 87 from. These are the MPG:

I'm not sure why the first was so dramatically low. Maybe the car was "learning" the new power curve or something, but it was surprising when I ran the numbers. The last two are in line with my normal MPG rating using 87 gas. I can say running 91, the throttle response is better versus running 87.

Is it worth it for the price difference? I'll let you decide for yourself, but for me it isn't. Mine is a DD that does 80+ miles per day ferrying me to work and back home. I don't track it, don't carve up parking lots etc. The occasional back road romp is good enough.

So not scientific, but just my experience.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for this. I was thinking of doing it but balked at the price of 91.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by exl500
Thanks for this. I was thinking of doing it but balked at the price of 91.
LOL I know! I was surprised at the price difference. I only buy cars that use regular, so I wasn't aware premium was that much more. I'll continue sticking to regular.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:09 AM
5 Year Member
Got my PIAAs Xtreme White Plus replacements since my last set burned out before they made a year. I'm leaning on selling them and just going LED. Looks like some people have had good luck with this set: https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...ink/3929/8565/

Started my morning commute with a scraped bumper. I got stuck in a lot of traffic and Waze moved me off to an unfamiliar road. That road turned unpaved and with all the heavy rain we've been having, there were lots of dips. Well of course I managed to scrape the front bumper. I guess the only good thing was that it scraped the same place that was already scraped when I hit a pothole a few years ago haha. Oh well, what are you gonna do!?

If they ever make the replica Mugen lip again, I'll have to buy it. I'm pretty sure it'll cover up the scrap mark haha.

Old 05-05-2018, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
Changed my oil/filter at 20%. I'd typically wait till it's after 15%, but I have work trip coming up.

Before I reset it, it showed I needed B123. I'll do the transmission fluid change after I get back from my trip.

Old 05-14-2018, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
Got back from my trip and had a busy weekend getting caught back up at home. We celebrated Mother's day and my daughter turned 2. Where did 2 years go!!?

I squeezed in cleaning my K&N engine filter. The Fit felt sluggish going up those mountain passes and the filter looked pretty dirty. Cleaning process was pretty straight forward. The car felt more responsive after the cleaning and oiling.
  1. Tap the air filter to loosen any gunk and bug guts.
  2. Liberally spray the cleaner on both sides.
  3. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
  4. With a garden hose, spray from the clean side out to the dirty side.
  5. Repeat if necessary. I only had to do it once.
  6. Let dry. Overnight was enough for mine to dry, but YMMV.
  7. Squeeze oil on the crown of the pleats and let it soak in for 20 minutes.
  8. Go back and touch up any spots that got missed.
  9. Let the oil soak in. I let it stand overnight again.

Attached Thumbnails 2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-kn3.jpg  
Old 06-26-2018, 07:05 AM
5 Year Member
Cleaned my MAF sensor yesterday. Used CRC MAF cleaner. It was a quick and easy process that took all of 10 minutes. Most of that time was spent letting the sensor dry out.

I figured since I'm running the ram air intake scoop, it would be cheap insurance to clean it periodically. Of course since I did, sure enough my single trip MPG was over 50 this morning.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Cleaned my MAF sensor yesterday. Used CRC MAF cleaner. It was a quick and easy process that took all of 10 minutes. Most of that time was spent letting the sensor dry out.

I figured since I'm running the ram air intake scoop, it would be cheap insurance to clean it periodically. Of course since I did, sure enough my single trip MPG was over 50 this morning.

How many miles did you have on the MAF before cleaning? Is this your first time?

Old 06-27-2018, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
First time cleaning it, over 60k miles.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
I bought a generic cargo cover sourced out of China. It took a few weeks to arrive and came in a soft bag. I just let it sit in the basement for a few days and it smoothed out all the creases from shipping. For $17 it looks pretty good and seems to be cut correctly. We'll see how it holds up as I've used the Fit for home improvement runs.

Attached Thumbnails 2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-cargocover.jpg  
Old 08-08-2018, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Finally decided to pull the trigger and order a catchcan after Evil posted up a coupon code. It's more expensive than what others have been installing, but I like the looks better and it's more compact.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:39 PM
5 Year Member
Oh yeah I like the look of that one, especially how the inlet side extends further down into the chamber. Link?

Old 08-08-2018, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bdcheung
Oh yeah I like the look of that one, especially how the inlet side extends further down into the chamber. Link?
Here you go:
Oil Catch Can

Old 08-08-2018, 02:17 PM
5 Year Member
that thing is beautiful. once installed, dont forget to share in the big catch can thread!

heads up, it doesnt say "oil catch can" .... Rick will be angry

Old 08-08-2018, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
that thing is beautiful. once installed, dont forget to share in the big catch can thread!

heads up, it doesnt say "oil catch can" .... Rick will be angry
Ha, I'm sure I'll get over it

Maybe I'll source a 710 sticker for it...

Old 08-09-2018, 07:27 AM
5 Year Member
Well got an email from the seller that the silver one was the last one and they discovered a defect. They asked if I would take the black one instead or it would be a month wait for the new silver ones to come in. Since my 2nd child is due next month, I probably won't have the time to install it then so I took the black one.

Hopefully it'll be a nice product. It's a good sign if they're inspecting the product before shipping it.

Quick Reply: 2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles