3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
If I needed something like that, I would take a deep baking tray and prop the back end up with a block of wood or something, then screw it into the tray and spray the whole thing with whatever color seemed best. If the tray is deep enough you might be able to clip a cup holder to the side, and maybe put some kind of rubber mat in the bottom to make it less slick.

Not sure what would be the best way to keep it from sliding forward under braking, though.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hasdrubal
If I needed something like that, I would take a deep baking tray and prop the back end up with a block of wood or something, then screw it into the tray and spray the whole thing with whatever color seemed best. If the tray is deep enough you might be able to clip a cup holder to the side, and maybe put some kind of rubber mat in the bottom to make it less slick.

Not sure what would be the best way to keep it from sliding forward under braking, though.
Good idea. I've thought about using a bean bag underneath.
I would mostly use it while sitting still. It should stay put as well as any other object.

Old 02-04-2018, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by max503
I'd like to have a flat surface in the front seat area to put a coffee cup or some food.
Any ideas? I've tried using a paint tray on the passenger seat but it's not flat enough.
Not sure why you wouldn't just use the cup holder to hold the coffee cup? Also why does it have to be flat? What are you eating, soup? Lol

Old 02-04-2018, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
Not sure why you wouldn't just use the cup holder to hold the coffee cup? Also why does it have to be flat? What are you eating, soup? Lol
I don't always drink from a cup that fits in the holder, and where are you suppose to put a Styrofoam tray of, say, lo mein that has lots of sauce that can leak all over creation?

Old 02-04-2018, 08:06 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
or how about just stopping the car and eat? i travel a lot in my line of work and i sometimes stop at a fast food place and eat in the rental car in the parking lot. no issue.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
There is no flat surface in the cockpit. I wish there was.

Old 02-04-2018, 09:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by max503
...and where are you suppose to put a Styrofoam tray of, say, lo mein that has lots of sauce that can leak all over creation?
Not in my car, that's where lol

I guess you good use something like this: https://www.amazon.com/TrueLine®-Portable-Steering-Attachment-Eating/dp/B01D91GWNA

Old 02-05-2018, 06:17 AM
5 Year Member
The styrofoam food tray is a bigger problem than people think- a few years ago I was working an area with a pretty good teriyaki place, but they used a lot more sauce than the tray could contain. Even though the interior was rubberized instead of regular automotive carpeting, it was a pain cleaning it up all the time. And that was even after I started putting the tray on the passenger side floor to keep it from sliding off the seat.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:13 AM
5 Year Member
Guess I didn't think this through, but the giant dash cam mirror makes it harder to install the Intro-Tech Automotive Ultimate Reflector Car Sun Shade. It still works, but I have to tilt up the mirror to get it to fit with the sun shade. Only something that will get annoying in the warmer months. In the winter, I don't bother with the sun shade as I like the sun heating up the car so it's warmer when I leave from work.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
I was a few hundred miles past the 5k interval, so I rotated the tires in the GK. Altimax RT43 are wearing well and I'm happy with their performance.

It needs a wash but rain keeps getting forecasted so I've been putting that off.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:12 AM
5 Year Member
Car made it through the first real snowfall since I got the General Altimax RT43 in 205/50/16. It handled the snow really well. Utilizing ECON mode helped with accelerating from a standstill to minimize/eliminate wheel spin. Stopping performance was good too. Never felt like it was losing traction, but I also kept a good following distance. I would also downshift using the paddle shifter before going through some turns on the back roads that hadn't been plowed as well. It's only a few inches so far but expecting more during the day. Commute home should be interesting but hopefully the snow plows do their thing.

Attached Thumbnails 2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-img_20180321_074201969.jpg  
Old 03-21-2018, 09:22 AM
Nice.

There was only one time that I had to disable traction control, set it in "S" mode and use "gear" 1 and 2 in winter, and that was to make it uphill on a long, steep and unplowed driveway. Plus I was gunning it. It was the ONLY way for me to make it up.

Last edited by Action Jackson; 03-21-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:41 PM
Drove my 2015 EX 6 speed from work going home today 50+ miles (4th nor easter in NYC). Fit did pretty well with winter tires. Saw one accident on my way home.

Old 03-22-2018, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Just a word of warning for those installing the Sumole RAM air intake. I drove about 1.5 hours in constant snowing condition and this is what I found when I stopped for gas before coming home. As you can see, snow/ice had accumulated on the intake opening. Also the bottom of the intake box had a little bit of water and the K&N started to get wet. I think this may have just been because of the snow/ice melting and being forced back into the intake box. I've driven in a rain storm for an hour and hadn't experienced that before.

I didn't see any water past the top of the filter, or area near the MAF so I don't think it had penetrated there yet. Only the bottom of the filter had moisture. For future snow storms, I'd probably swap out to the stock intake.

Attached Thumbnails 2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-img_20180321_144145034.jpg   2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles-img_20180321_144236075.jpg  
Old 03-22-2018, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
When I got home last night, the plows had hit my road and made a wall of about 6-8" of snow up my driveway. I hadn't shoveled yet, but I was able to back the fit uphill into my garage with no trouble. Traction control didn't even kick in. Pretty happy with the tires and how the car handled its first snow storm since I bought it in 2015.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
When I got home last night, the plows had hit my road and made a wall of about 6-8" of snow up my driveway. I hadn't shoveled yet, but I was able to back the fit uphill into my garage with no trouble. Traction control didn't even kick in. Pretty happy with the tires and how the car handled its first snow storm since I bought it in 2015.
thanks for reporting this 2rismo2!

Old 03-22-2018, 02:56 PM
5 Year Member
Just a word of warning for those installing the Sumole RAM air intake. I drove about 1.5 hours in constant snowing condition and this is what I found when I stopped for gas before coming home. As you can see, snow/ice had accumulated on the intake opening. Also the bottom of the intake box had a little bit of water and the K&N started to get wet. I think this may have just been because of the snow/ice melting and being forced back into the intake box. I've driven in a rain storm for an hour and hadn't experienced that before.

I didn't see any water past the top of the filter, or area near the MAF so I don't think it had penetrated there yet. Only the bottom of the filter had moisture. For future snow storms, I'd probably swap out to the stock intake.
Thanks for the heads up, 2Rismo2....although my area, a lil south of Knoxville TN, sees very little snow to speak of...the locals freak out at the mention of it, but I grew up in suburban Phila PA and lived with my wife in suburban Detroit for years before moving down here maybe 16+ yrs ago or so, so, snow down here is typically a "dusting," by my
standards, unless ya live out in the Smoky Mtns. I'm more concerned with rain, as it seems we're a borderline rain forest with the amount of rain we get many years. Shall keep an eye on it, and can always retrofit the stock piece if I feel need be.

Old 03-29-2018, 05:18 PM
Clean GK! Thanks for pointing out what causes the bumper to sag. I'll be purchasing a block of high density foam in the coming weeks to remedy this hideous sag that's been bugging me since I bought the car last May.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bosho.777
Clean GK! Thanks for pointing out what causes the bumper to sag. I'll be purchasing a block of high density foam in the coming weeks to remedy this hideous sag that's been bugging me since I bought the car last May.
Thanks bro! Check out this post I made, then scroll up to see the part I was referencing: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1384618

My 2015 didn't have it, so that's probably why it sagged. If I ever go in there again, I'm going to buy that piece and put it in.

Old 04-04-2018, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
Had my safety inspection done and I failed because one of my PIAA Xtreme White Plus bulbs had just burned out. I mean literally from my house where I did a last minute check to the inspections station! I bought them in 7/2017 and didn't make it a year so I'll be looking to source out LEDs to see if I have better luck.

I've submitted a claim through here: https://www.piaa.com/warranty

Also got dinged on my wipers. I swear they were fine last week, but I guess that snowstorm must have weathered them enough because they definitely were hopping around. I bought the front pair at my local dealership for $17.17. I bought the last place on ebay so not sure if it was old stock or what, but seems wipers should last longer than a year as well... We'll see if these locally sourced ones hold up longer.

Also got hit with my front windshield strip being slightly below the AS-1 line. I got it 2 years ago and the same shop passed it last year. Not sure if they got stricter or what but they wouldn't let it go this time around. The place I got it installed has a lifetime warranty and at first they were hesitant saying they do it legal unless someone asks specifically. I said I wanted the whole car legal, and no way would I ask for it to be 1/4" lower than legal (what would be the point???) They said they'd replace it this time and I'm going in Friday to get that done.

Quick Reply: 2RISMO2 - Commuter Life Chronicles