Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Independent Fog Light (First Post has answer!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
Lets not forget

Originally Posted by J.P.
just did this mod myself, took 20 minutes at most. Great job Leonine!!
the man with the book j5ive for is trouble shooting

Old 03-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Great write up Leonine...

can you post the pics where the fog relay is and how/where to ground the red/white wire?

i am a newbie when it comes to eletricalll...

Thanks in advance..

Old 04-23-2007, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
okay just did the mod w/o the grounding for high beam b/c I wasn't concerned with that. Now the car chimes if the door is open and the fog light switch is on. Kind of cool. BTW I hooked it up the slot #22, but the fogs will still turn on without the parking lights on..
I think I want to be able to leave the fog light switch on all the time and it won't be powered unless I have the key in the car.. is that slot #24 or do I need to hook it up to the radio? This way I don't have to turn off the fog light switch every time I leave the car. Let me know guys, thanks!

Last edited by aznguyen316; 04-25-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aznguyen316
okay just did the mod w/o the grounding for high beam b/c I wasn't concerned with that. Now the car chimes if the door is open and the fog light switch is on. Kind of cool. BTW I hooked it up the slot #22, but the fogs will still turn on without the parking lights on..
I think I want to be able to leave the fog light switch on all the time and it won't be powered unless I have the key in the car.. is that slot #24 or do I need to hook it up to the radio? This way I don't have to turn off the fog light switch every time I leave the car. Let me know guys, thanks!
You should be able to leave your fog light switch on, turn off the car, and the fogs should turn off. If that is not happening try another empty fuse location. I have the fogs, trans-temp gauge, and radar dtector all going to empty fuse locations and they ALL turn off when i turn the car off so you should have plenty of places to choose from.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:20 PM
5 Year Member
I have my fogs which are HID on, when i have my parking light on, and can use it low or high beam, it's just a switch and if i turn off the keys it will swtich off.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I'd love to have my fog lights on all the time, independant of the other lights, but I'm just not ready to be cutting any wires in it yet.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:08 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I forgot what number fuse slot it was. I hooked it up to the Radio fuse slot. So it turns on when the ignition is "on"

Old 05-24-2007, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
Ok i have done a search on how to make my fog switch work seperate but i cant find any information. I was wondering if anyone can help me to figure out how to make my fog light switch work independently from my headlights.

any information would help .

Thank you.
Zeke

Old 05-24-2007, 01:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RspZeke
Ok i have done a search on how to make my fog switch work seperate but i cant find any information. I was wondering if anyone can help me to figure out how to make my fog light switch work independently from my headlights.

any information would help .

Thank you.
Zeke
post #175 should do the trick.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by leonine
Now connect it to the fuse box. i chose location #24 which was not used.
This sounds so easy, I might just do it, but I have a few questions:
What is "it" that is being connected to the fuse box?
What do you do with the other end of the wire you cut in the beginning?
What is an "add-a-circuit"?
Does the high-beam light come on when the high beams are on?
Will this void the warranty?

Last edited by LizardKing; 05-24-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:31 PM
Duplicate post, please delete

Last edited by LizardKing; 05-24-2007 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
you are connecting the switch side of the red/yel wire to the add-a-circuit and connecting the add-a-circuit to an unused fuse location that gets power only when the car is on.

The other end of the red/yel wire can be taped up. it is not needed. The fogs will not come on with the highbeams but can be turned on/off at any other time regardless of what other lights are on.

As for voiding your warranty, i have no idea.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:55 PM
So the fogs can only be on when the engine is on, right? But they can also be shut off? Is there an easy way so they can be on when the high beams are on too?

Old 05-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I haven't done the Highbeam mod yet but I did do the low beam mod.

Lizard king, just go and get you that add-a-circuit and once you get things wired up, put the add-a-circuit where the radio fuse is. when you turn on your ignition, the radio turns on, and also your fogs. Yes you can turn it on or off at anytime.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
just curious i did cut the red/yel wire on the 20 pins mod but not the steering mod, so i was asking if i do the steering mod do i reconect the 20 pins then do the steering mod?

Old 06-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Question: Can i just do the steering wheel mod, without the fusebox mod? I just want to be able to turn on the fog light without turning on the lights. thanks.

Old 06-03-2007, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
You are right but a couple more minute and ground that wire at the fuse box used add a ciruit for Canadian tire on the radio fuse and voila full control over your fog light. You want regret the full mod

Old 06-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by fitoromocto
You are right but a couple more minute and ground that wire at the fuse box used add a ciruit for Canadian tire on the radio fuse and voila full control over your fog light. You want regret the full mod
Ok... so let me get this straight... by following leonine's writeup in this post and follow it up fully, i'll have what i want. I don't have to do anything in addition to that (i.e. the first 10 pages). correct?

I'm sorry.. i just want to make 100% sure before i do anything. Thank you very much.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by R.K.Himura
Ok... so let me get this straight... by following leonine's writeup in this post and follow it up fully, i'll have what i want. I don't have to do anything in addition to that (i.e. the first 10 pages). correct?

I'm sorry.. i just want to make 100% sure before i do anything. Thank you very much.
Yup, that's all you need to do for the fogs to turn on by themselves. However, only doing that in the above post, your fogs will still turn off with HIGH BEAM. It will stay on with low beam though. I don't really care if they turn off w/ high beam b/c I have HIDs w/o hi beams lol. Easy peezy.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Forget the first 10 pages

Originally Posted by R.K.Himura

Forget the first 10 pages the solution lies with Leonine write up and is quite simple Don't worry it took me a little time before I done mine just wanted to make before I cut some wire....

Quick Reply: Independent Fog Light (First Post has answer!)