Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Independent Fog Light (First Post has answer!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 02:43 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by tonyd3773
Does anyone have something easier to follow. These instructions are greek to me. Something with arrows pointing to spots to cut n rewire. Not to big in the electrical area.

Thanks

GD3blaze07'
Yeah who's going to create the fog lights for dummies DIY? I'd like it ha ha.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by smatts
x2!!!
to that..... it would help mucho

Old 12-23-2007, 08:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by danger69
Has anyone tried doing this mod but hooking it into fuse slot #22. I want the fogs to go on when my DRL are on.
I completed this mod yesterday and used #22 (with the Add-A-Line fuse thingy). I wanted the fogs to be used with any light combination, not necessarily with no lights at all so I chose #22 based on the info provided in this thread.
Well, everything works great! I was a little disappointed that the fogs will turn on at any time (I don't want to accidentally leave them on when leaving the car) but I was pleased that if I have them on when turning off the car, the little chime sounds to alert me that I left them on. So I'm pleased with the way they work now. I'll probably just use them when the lights are on and I'll have to turn them on (and off) when needed.
I don't have DRL but based on what I found using #22, the fogs won't just automatically come on. You have to turn them on. Use another fuse terminal that is ignition switched and you can leave the fog switch on all the time. I don't have the service manual (yet) so I can't suggest which fuse slot you should use.

Old 12-23-2007, 08:35 PM
5 Year Member
J5IVE has summed up the instructions on his blog Having A Fit: How-To Guides.
Pictures can be found on this thread on page 9 (for the switch) and page 12 (for the relay).

Old 12-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by kndlewis
J5IVE has summed up the instructions on his blog Having A Fit: How-To Guides.
Pictures can be found on this thread on page 9 (for the switch) and page 12 (for the relay).
If you are going to reference posts in a thread you should identify them by their post number and not what page they are on. Some people like myself have our threads per page limit increased, for example you say they are on page 9 and 12 but to me I only see 7 pages in this thread.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
If you are going to reference posts in a thread you should identify them by their post number and not what page they are on. Some people like myself have our threads per page limit increased, for example you say they are on page 9 and 12 but to me I only see 7 pages in this thread.
I wasn't aware of that. I'll keep that in mind for future reference.
Pictures for the step-by-step can be found in post 173 https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post114502 (for the switch) and 232 https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post159509 (for the relay) in this thread.
OOH! I can reference the post directly in the link!

Last edited by kndlewis; 12-24-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
ok i skimmed thru the last few pages and am not clear on something, i want the fogs to work anytime, i want to control them from my foglight switch only when the key is on, i want them to work with parking lights, or with low beams, or with high beams, or all by themself, but only when the key is on, which directions do i follow, and how many amp add a circuit do i need?

Old 01-20-2008, 09:43 AM
5 Year Member
The only thing different you would need to do is hook up the "add-a-fuse" to a circuit that is ignition controlled, like the radio.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
People wondering how to do this. Page 9, post #173 is the answer.

Posted by Leonine
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/114502-post173.html

Old 02-25-2008, 06:45 AM
5 Year Member
i did this yesterday, it took about 30 to 45 minutes, worked great, i love it. i didnt notice any dimming of the console lights, and i have hid in the headlight and fog.

Old 02-25-2008, 09:46 AM
after you cut the wire, what kind of wire do you use to connect it to the fuse box? (in the instuctions it is a white wire and then a red one is attached to the fuses).

Old 02-25-2008, 09:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by WhEreZmYFiT
after you cut the wire, what kind of wire do you use to connect it to the fuse box? (in the instuctions it is a white wire and then a red one is attached to the fuses).
The add-a-circuit comes with the red wire soldered on it. i connected the white wire to it and connected that to the fuse box.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I did mine yesterday, easy as hell! Here's a late night crappy phone pic

I used an add a circuit on fuse #1 (backup lights). It has no effect on my reverse lights, and they shut off with the ignition. You can also use fuse #24, which is empty to begin with, but has power. Im already using this one for some neon in the trunk

Old 03-01-2008, 10:13 AM
5 Year Member
looks nice! i'm thinking of adding some blue neon in the engine bay. running out of places for add-a-circuits though between my fogs, hard-wired radar, trans-temp gauge, and soon to come a/f meter i am wondering if there will be room for any more.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:27 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Thanks! yea, i've been planning on buying the hardwire kit for my radar, as well as A/F, boost, and oil pressure gauges, just for the helluvit. There's always room for more add-a-circuits! i wonder if you can add-a-circuit to an add-a-circuit??

Old 03-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Just did mine. Everything was pretty simple to do. Thanks all of you guys who helped out with DIY instructions. I spent around 16 dollars for the wire/fuses/add-a-circut/and electral tape. Took about half hour to do. Hopefully be able to take some pics tonight

Old 03-03-2008, 04:06 PM
i have to do this tomorrow! [=

Old 03-21-2008, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
I agree, I'd love to do this but... I need pictures and arrows lol

if someone can make this as idiot proof as can be thats a plus

Old 03-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Just a quick question to clarify something. I've tried to read all of this thread. But if I follow the latest and best version of the instructions, will my high beam warning light come on and the console lights dim when I turn on the fogs?

Old 03-27-2008, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Skimmer
Just a quick question to clarify something. I've tried to read all of this thread. But if I follow the latest and best version of the instructions, will my high beam warning light come on and the console lights dim when I turn on the fogs?
Simple answer, NO!
The "light on" indicator is 'ON' on the dash. It will come on with the parking lights, the headlights and/or the fog lights.
(EDIT: Dash lights work the way they're supposed to. Fog lights ON illuminates the dash fog indicator, headlights or parking lights ON illuminates the dash 'lights on' indicator and high beams ON lights up the dash high beams indicator.)
I experience no problems what-so-ever. I often drive with the parking lights and the fogs on, no headlights, if it's slightly overcast.
High beams and high beam indicator work as they are supposed to.
A summary was posted by J5IVE on his blog Having A Fit: How-To Guides.
Pictures for the step-by-step can be found in post 173 https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-l...tml#post114502 (for the switch) and 232 https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-l...tml#post159509 (for the relay) in this thread.
This is one of my favorite mods. Thanks to all who contributed!

Last edited by kndlewis; 03-28-2008 at 07:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Independent Fog Light (First Post has answer!)