General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Scan gauge schooling

Old 03-07-2011, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Yep - I know that one, the dreaded O2 sensor code - LEAN Bank2 S1.

Maybe it relates to those low fuel trims? I struggled with my Cadillac on that one. I've no idea how the Fit responds to a code reset, on the Cadillac you can read and clear codes on the digital dash if you know the button sequence. Anyway, clear codes and see if it reappears. Were you accelerating a cold engine under load. That tends to find weak spots in the O2's.
All cars can benefit from a ecu reset. It erases the stored fuel trims and knock retard.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 PM
5 Year Member
Memory failed me again.... oh my.
You need to get your rest, you have been burning the candle at both ends again.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:34 PM
I have - I believe your code is related to the cruise control by looking at that list. I was thinking P1155.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
I have - I believe your code is related to the cruise control by looking at that list. I was thinking P1155.
I have to wait and see if the CEL light come on. There was no light and was just cruising through the screens. The ultra gauge is better because it reads more but I wont disconnect it from my car until I have too or it stops working. I am talking about the scangauge today and will up date the fuel trims tomorrow but its pulling more fuel.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:52 AM
Two cars Two gauges Too confusing. Need an UltraGauge thread...

Old 03-20-2011, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
I have to wait and see if the CEL light come on. There was no light and was just cruising through the screens. The ultra gauge is better because it reads more but I wont disconnect it from my car until I have too or it stops working. I am talking about the scangauge today and will up date the fuel trims tomorrow but its pulling more fuel.
I am letting my son use the scan gauge and the code C1555 is gone. There must be a code pending on the wifes car but still no light. The code c1555 is a catch all code and I thought the SG was broken.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Hi all,
bear with me but while trying to have some AFR and O2 measurement XGauge.pdf, I wondered if our Honda is ISO/PWM or CANSF.

As per http://scantool.imechatronics.com/faq.htm , it should be ISO protocol.

Ciao,

Last edited by jazzista; 04-14-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
Setting Hours and Minutes

Anyone know how to set the Scanguage II to display hours and minutes? Mine displays time in units of, for example, 1.2 hours, 1.3 hours, etc.

I have mine mounted on (2010 Fit Sport) the lower left of the dash down by my left knee. There is a panel there with three blocked off openings and I velcroed the guage there (keeps falling off). It looks like there are supposed to be some switches or controls that go in that panel, anyone know what? Also, how do I get that panel off, I looked in the rear and tried squeezing the plastic hooks, but it didn't loosen and I didn't want to break anything.

Thanks.

Old 04-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bowbridge
Anyone know how to set the Scanguage II to display hours and minutes? Mine displays time in units of, for example, 1.2 hours, 1.3 hours, etc.

I have mine mounted on (2010 Fit Sport) the lower left of the dash down by my left knee. There is a panel there with three blocked off openings and I velcroed the guage there (keeps falling off). It looks like there are supposed to be some switches or controls that go in that panel, anyone know what? Also, how do I get that panel off, I looked in the rear and tried squeezing the plastic hooks, but it didn't loosen and I didn't want to break anything.
SCII has a single display for time so don't think hour and minutes is possbile. You might be able to change hours only to minutes only though. 1.1 hrs = 66 minutes. Here's a pdf manual link I had bookmarked:
http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/SGMan5_1.pdf

That panel just pulls forward to unlatch and hinges down. Once hinged it gives easier access to fuse box. Only one of those blank switch cutouts aren ever used, for the optional TSA switch.

_

Old 05-30-2011, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
They have updated the software on the SG-II $25 to get the upgrade.

Thank you for your enquiry. There are benefits to upgrading to our new software (from 3.15 to 4.02). The following additions that have been made to the ScanGaugeII:

- The ScanGaugeII now has a performance feature that allows you to record your vehicle's short trips and lets you go back and view 0-60 times, stopping times and distance.
- The engineers have designed a new menu systems that is easy to navigate and also a new user manual which is much easier to understand than the original
- The new software has corrected some minor bugs that were in the previous software, such as finding certain trouble codes (on rare occasion, some vehicles would display a P0000 code reading on the ScanGaugeII).
- There is now more enhanced X-Gauge capability
- Changes were made to units and now the ScanGaugeII can display KPL (kilometers per liter) and inches of mercury for the manifold reading.
- Currencies were added and now the ScanGaugeII can display Pounds, Euros, Yen, US dollars, and Yuan
- A feature was added that allows you to calibrated the ScanGaugeII in order to figure out boost [(if you vehicles reports MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure)] and horsepower.

- Average miles per gallon (AVG) and Trip Fuel Cost (TFC) were added as standard gauges
- A minor protocol (CAN long ID) glitch was fixed
- The compatibility issue between the SG2 and Mercedes Benz vehicles was resolved.

To upgrade your unit, click this link, print and fill out the upgrade form and include it with your unit http://www.scangauge.com/support/pdfs/UPGRADE%20FORM.pdf

Since you purchased your unit three years ago, the cost for an upgrade is $25.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:44 PM
5 Year Member
I've been thinknig about "upgrading" my SGII to an UltraGauge at half the price and with a better screen.

Old 05-30-2011, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
Is that $25?

Old 05-30-2011, 04:03 PM
5 Year Member
$60. thinking about getting one for one of my other vehicles, then just swap it with the SG in the Fit if I like it better.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
wow do I feel NAKED without my scan gauge 3 years got me hooked

Old 06-04-2011, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Hi there,
can anybody confirm me whether O12 found on XGAUGE.pdf is post cat O2 sensor reading and what are the values you're getting?

Mine are really low: I mean 3, 2, 6, 7, 3, and so on...

TIA,

Old 06-06-2011, 02:05 AM
Koi
5 Year Member
Anyone tried the ScangaugeE ?

Amazon.com: ScanGaugeE Compact Multifunction Trip Computer with Customizable Real-Time Fuel Economy Digital Gauges: Automotive

Looks like it has most if not all the features of the SGII at a lower price point as well as some that the SGII doesn't have... but can only show 2 gauges + a real time visual FE graph on the screen, not 4 like the SGII

Last edited by Koi; 06-06-2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Can someone post their normal FWT readings? I just got my scangauge, and driving around, it will be around 175-185. During stop-go driving, it will reach up to 217 with the A/C fan kicking at 213. Radiator fan isn't working in my car so I don't know if this is normal.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Oofie
Can someone post their normal FWT readings? I just got my scangauge, and driving around, it will be around 175-185. During stop-go driving, it will reach up to 217 with the A/C fan kicking at 213. Radiator fan isn't working in my car so I don't know if this is normal.
My car will get up to 179 quickly in about 1-2 minutes. Of course outside temps here are 90-100 so your warm up will vary.

Normal temp is 182 and will sometimes go up to 184 but never ever higher than that and will quickly find its way back down to 182. I have let my car idle in 100 degree temp for over an hour and temp never went over 184.

If you are seeing temps of 217 degrees you are doing damage to your car and shortening its life. Fix your fan asap and in the meantime change your oil much more often.

_

Old 06-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by SilverbulletCSVT
My car will get up to 179 quickly in about 1-2 minutes. Of course outside temps here are 90-100 so your warm up will vary.

Normal temp is 182 and will sometimes go up to 184 but never ever higher than that and will quickly find its way back down to 182. I have let my car idle in 100 degree temp for over an hour and temp never goes over 184.

If you are seeing temps of 217 degrees you are doing damage to your car and shortening its life. Fix your fan asap and in the meantime change your oil much more often.

_
Thats what I was afraid of. I didn't see 217, but scangauge said that was the max data it had. It usually will go up to 213 in idle and the fan will kick in. After the fan comes on, it will usually go down to 185 pretty quickly.

Hopefully my neighbor who's a mechanic can take a look at it today.

Thanks for the info btw!

Old 06-20-2011, 10:42 AM
5 Year Member
To answer the question: During normal driving mine used to hang around 172-175.
I've never heard the radiator fans operate in my Fit, even when the temp got to 205. Switching on the AC activated both fans when the car was still, and only when the compressor was engaged (the fans clicked on and off with the compressor as it cycled)
213 sounds perfectly normal to me for a fan setpoint.
Remember, the Scangauge is not perfect, and occasionally reports numbers in the "max" history that are not correct. I once saw a max RPM of 8000+ which obviously never happened.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scan gauge schooling