Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

Daddy's New Toy :D 1990 EF Hatch

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
Old 11-23-2013, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
I'm gonna need you when I have to paint my crx. That looks great.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hehn
I'm gonna need you when I have to paint my crx. That looks great.
Stop on by hehn, I'm always in my garage, haha :D
Mike

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 11-23-2013 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...pictureid=8271

Went out to the shop early couldn't wait to wet sand (1500-2500) and buff (McGuire #6) out the hood.Then swirl remover and polished, Shining like a mirror. Color match was spot on, no bragging here just having FUN! Untaped and removed the plastic, (Man is the ever better than wrapping a car with paper). Lil Red came w/o horns sooo I bought a set of 1960's type Caddy horns that are LOUD. Mounting them on a bar and mounting that to the center core support. I like the little details most, so today I was able to install the windshield washers w/ the bottom gaskets into the hood.
Removed the front bumper and will need to repair a crack in the urethane, that will be a new 1 4 me. And detail the core support, bumper reinforcement and rework the wiring to the halo headlights. Thanksgiving Holiday project. gobble, gobble.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 11-24-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
Notes to myself

Another good day cleaned/ sanded and painted the bumper reinforcement bar and radiator support. Made the bracket for the horns and test fitted, absolutely obnoxiously loud sound! perfect!! just like a 60's Caddy.
Found a little cobbing and missing parts nothing major, bumper stay and slide, found the parts at Honda Parts Now.com.
The missing hardware for the headlights was replaced and they are now a solid fit and match the contours of the hood.
Ran a new line from the windshield washer pump to the nozzles with new OEM clamps.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 11-24-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:44 PM
5 Year Member
I like the color Mike, You are doing a real nice job and I know it takes lots of patients to get it right. Keep up the great work.

Old 11-24-2013, 09:59 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Glenn long time
Ya it's had lonnnng dead spots where I just didn't have time/ energy/$ or all the above to work on it but right now I'm having a blast w/ it.
Looks like some warmer weather is headed our way later in the week. Right now it's 29 degrees. So if all goes as planned haha I will get the bumper's bodywork finished b4 Thursday and shoot it Friday. The candy color was enjoyable once I got the pattern set on the gun.
Thanks for ur + input!
Mike
Happy Thanksgiving :)

Old 11-24-2013, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
We are under a deep freeze. It got up to the mid 20s but the temps are going into the single digits. I hope this our winter. I still have to cut the grass one more time. It is suppose to warm up later in the week but its still a long way off. I have been working a lot and on weekends too. With new regulations its even harder to work these days.

Have a great Thanks Giving to you and yours...

Old 11-29-2013, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
NEW FOR 2014 Hot Wheels 1990 Hatch

So E bay is getting flooded with them @ 11 -20 dollars a piece. I went straight down to Wally World and picked them up yesterday on a early BF Sale for .60 a piece. Now I need to find a car with chrome meshies on it and a little detail here and there and I'll have a mini lil red.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 03-25-2016 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
Repaired the 2" crack in the front bumper, (prob. happen when the oil pan got creased). Going to add a steel bar right at the top of the bumper where the hood closes. Seems the Wings West had a slight hoopty do of about 1/8" and the stiffner will straighten that out... I'm pray'n.
I V'd out the crack and widened it to about 2" w/ an angle grinder & cleaned it out with rubbing alcohol, mixed up JB Weld to fill it in. This was great stuff to repair it because as the JBW was setting up I used a hair dryer to heat it up and it just flowed out as pretty as ya please. After the 2nd batch I only had to lightly block it out with 80 grit and layed a super thin coat of bondo to finish it and blocked it down to 180 grit and if it will get over 50 degrees tomorrow I'll finish up with K2 primer. Then we can install the new headlights and a few other items that need to be addressed in the front. While I wait for that 70 degree day to arrive here so it can be painted. That might be May the way the weather is now.
Well,
I hope everyone here had a Great Thanksgiving's Day w/ family and friends!!
Me & Hailey are going to Harbor Freight for wire loom and to see whats on sale in about 8 hrs.
Yall have a good day and enjoy those turkey/ mayo salt & pepper sammis !!

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 11-29-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 11-29-2013, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
Name:  92-95hondacivicCI1copy.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  104.3 KB

Old 11-29-2013, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Another short but great day with Red. Took the straight bar down to work and used the drill press to drill 7- 3/16" holes in a 23" bar of steel. Cleaned it and painted it flat black. Measured to find the center line and installed it in the bumper, straightened it right up!
The license plate holes were off a little so they where filled in and re-drilled so now the plate is centered & level. Ya I know I got a real problem with plum, square and level.
Here's an example I was going to H.F. for tools and supplies and I was passed by this killa '93 Supra, smmooth brudder bright white shiney big ol wing the kinda rounded one that is as high as the top of the rear glass. But sob it was hugging the passengers side by about 1/4" it wasn't centered!, shoot drove me nuts. O well if that's my worst prob. I guess I'm doing OK. haha

Ya so H.F. had a B.F. sale but I had discounts from Hemming's mag. 40-70% off I bought a palm sander with a vac. attachment for 20.00, ratchet wrench 7 pc. set 17.00, air jig saw 10.00, wire loom, ect. I know there not snap-on but for the W.E. warrior and the price they're just fine. Shoot over the years I have bought a lot of tools from them and can't say I've broken more than a 3/4" to 1/2" socket adapter and that was removing the crank shaft pulley bolt off a Honda w/ a 4' breaker bar :).
Tomorrow take the expanded aluminum inserts out and wet sand the bumper and spot prime.
Everyone have a blessed day tomorrow enjoy ur family, friends and if that don't work out head for the garage and work on ur cars, and I'll be back 4nother ^date.
Enjoy!!

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 11-29-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 06:13 PM
5 Year Member
a good day

Got the bodywork finished on the civic's front bumper today, turned out nice.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 12-01-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
1 down 2 to go

got the base coat on today ...
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...pictureid=8283

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 12-01-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
New headlights/amber corners and 8000k high beam bulbs, 35wt./ 10000k HID kit should be in soon...

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 12-03-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Installed an HID in one of the headlights easy plug and play. If the weather holds out I'll try to finish the bumper's painting and get ready to re-install everything. :{)

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 12-04-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Installed an HID in one of the headlights easy plug and play. If the weather holds out I'll try to finish the bumper's painting and get ready to re-install everything. :{)
Very impressive work so far Big Mike!!!
I'm assuming Santa is only bringing gifts for the rest of
your family becuz this has to be Xmas gift!! 😝
Keep on setting the standards my friend 🚘

Old 12-05-2013, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Looky who's stopped by :)

Hey Hey Vinny myman! it's great to see ya here again. Well ya know Ol Santy Clwz can't fit all this stuff in his sleigh so hey I'm just help'n him out, wink- wink, haha. Today i helped him out with a new clutch cover and trans vent cap :). Well this economy is so bad that the $ from the sale of the 70 road runner is loosing value every hour so I just bought most of the parts I need to finish off little red. O' well when this whole mess turns (USD) around I'll be drive'n in style.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 12-05-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
HID's vs Halogen

Installed the CIVIC mats and P.S. Halo with HID and new amber corner.
orangemika | eBay
I highly recommend these over halos and this seller has great prices and super service.
I had a prob. with one of the bulbs and orangemika had one in the mail w/tracking# in less than an hour! and the HID's are way brighter than halogen bulbs by 300%, last longer use less power- because gas is lit not a metal filament like halogen.
Here's what I found:

What is HID? Halogen vs HID
What is HID ?
HID, High Intensity Discharge, (also known as Xenon) refers to lighting technology that relies on an electrical charge to ignite xenon gas in a sealed bulb, similar to the lightning phenomenon in the sky. HID lighting does not have a filament but instead creates light by igniting an electrical discharge between two electrodes in an air tight tiny quartz capsule filled with xenon gas. HID lighting are also called Xenon lighting, referring to the gas inside the bulb.
HID vs. Halogen Technologies
HID lighting improves durability by 10 times as road vibrations can cause damage to halogen filament, but there is nothing to break inside HID bulb. These light sources also produce a blue-white light that is safer because it is closer to natural daylight.
The color temperature is more than 5000K compared to 2300K for halogen. The light output from a 35W HID Xenon lamp is 300% more light than a 55W halogen bulb. The HID Xenon system will also consume much less power from your vehicles electrical system and generate much less heat during operation.

HID Advantages
3X Brigther & more consistent illumination of the road, and increases comfort & reduces fatigue when driving at night
Produces blue-white light that is safer because it is closer to natural daylight
10X Longer Lasting. No need to replace for life of the vehicle
35% less power consumption, thus generate much less heat during operation

Color Temperature
Color Temperature is a measurement in Degrees Kelvin (K) that indicates the hue of light source. There is a misconception that color temperature is a rating of the brightness of the HID bulb. The truth is that the higher the color temperature, the less light output from the HID bulb.
However, all HID light is much brighter than Halogen, even if it is a 35W 12000K HID bulb, the light output still maintain well over 2700lm; which is still 300% brighter than 55W Halogen with 700lm.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 12-06-2013 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
tonights pix

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/pict...pictureid=8299

HID vs Halogen
The pic looks really great on my computer but defiantly looses all kinds of resolution here. The light is so intense and lights so much more than the halo side can't wait till the other bulb shows up to see what 2 HID's will look like.

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 12-06-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Daddy's New Toy :D 1990 EF Hatch