1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What did you do to the GD Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 09:18 PM
Installed a really awesome armrest I found on Ebay. I was hesitant on ordering one, but it's simply worth 10 times what I paid.

Old 07-17-2018, 08:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ChrisA70
Installed a really awesome armrest I found on Ebay. I was hesitant on ordering one, but it's simply worth 10 times what I paid.
Yours is slightly different than the eBay one I got but yeah, an armrest was a huge upgrade I didn't realize I'd like so much.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Jared592
Yours is slightly different than the eBay one I got but yeah, an armrest was a huge upgrade I didn't realize I'd like so much.
It looks like there are 2-3 different variations of them. This one is larger than the other ones I saw. It has 3 levels of storage, larger cup holder and an ash tray that no one will ever use. It’s the best thing I’ve bought for it yet. Now do a dead pedal. Even if o have to make one.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:17 AM
5 Year Member
So I decided to unclutter my dash a bit and get rid of the gauge pod. Was able to move the gauges with a single-din adapter plate and put in a single-din radio with flip up screen. The first question I get asked is "what about the AC/Heat coming from the vents?".. Well the radio still functions normally with the screen closed, and I use the AC/heat so little that it's not that big a deal. So far I'm happy with the results..

Before..

After..

Old 07-19-2018, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member

It looks like there are 2-3 different variations of them. This one is larger than the other ones I saw. It has 3 levels of storage, larger cup holder and an ash tray that no one will ever use. It’s the best thing I’ve bought for it yet. Now do a dead pedal. Even if o have to make one.
I was actually able to fab up a dead pedal in my GD from a Sparco dead pedal. Had some scrap metal that I was able to connect to the back of the pedal then attach to the plastic molding piece next to the floor mat. Works great..

Old 07-20-2018, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Does it hold up well to hard pressure?
I use the dead pedal to hold myself in position in spirited cornering, and the lack of dead pedal is one thing that I'm surprised was missed by the engineers (and by how much I miss having one).
Thinking to just buy Weathertech Digital Fit mats, then tape/glue/insert a metal plate behind it...

Old 07-20-2018, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member
It's held my weight pretty well so far and I'm 235 lbs lol. So far so good, you shouldn't have an issue.

Old 07-22-2018, 07:24 AM
Originally Posted by cnordt24
I was actually able to fab up a dead pedal in my GD from a Sparco dead pedal. Had some scrap metal that I was able to connect to the back of the pedal then attach to the plastic molding piece next to the floor mat. Works great..

This is what I need to do, and I have been looking around for something to make like this. Thanks for the pics!!

Old 07-22-2018, 07:28 AM
Attempted to install a set of Thule 480 Traverse feet with 50" bars on my Fit. Decided I didn't like it. Not very sturdy for $1600 worth of kayaks on my roof. I'll leave the yak carrying to my Kia Sedona.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:15 PM
I custom "fit" a Jeep Wrangler dead pedal in the Fit today, and it came out excellent! Sturdy and I think it looks pretty decent. I just couldn't take not having anything there. It was uncomfortable, and a knee killer... Fit pedal mod Jeep Wrangler dead pedal.
Fit pedal mod Jeep Wrangler dead pedal. Pic 2

Old 07-27-2018, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
I custom "fit" a Jeep Wrangler dead pedal in the Fit today, and it came out excellent! Sturdy and I think it looks pretty decent. I just couldn't take not having anything there. It was uncomfortable, and a knee killer...Fit pedal mod Jeep Wrangler dead pedal.
Thanks for sharing this!
I probably won't go full-Wrangler mode (how much did that cost, btw?), but your pic gives me hope that I can lodge a piece of metal under the Weathertech floorliner and have that hold things in place.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by daiheadjai
Thanks for sharing this!
I probably won't go full-Wrangler mode (how much did that cost, btw?), but your pic gives me hope that I can lodge a piece of metal under the Weathertech floorliner and have that hold things in place.
I'm thinking if you just wedge something there it will keep rolling inwards towards the middle. This pedal is extremely secure. I't not going anywhere.

The pedal was only $16 off Amazon. I will add stock pictures as to pretty much how I installed it. I wish I took pics as I put it in, but it was 90 degrees and ridiculous humid, I just wanted to be done with it.
This is not my car, but almost exactly how I have it bolted in. The larger part has to be cut off.
I used (4) 1/4" hex head heavy duty self tappers.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:47 PM
The larger part of the mount has to be cut off to fit, and a slight twist in the bracket so the pedal itself is squared for your foot.

Old 07-27-2018, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
Nice find Chris! Looks a bit industrial for a Fit, but no one else will see it and is sure beats not having a dead pedal!

Old 07-27-2018, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Nice find Chris! Looks a bit industrial for a Fit, but no one else will see it and is sure beats not having a dead pedal!
I'm looking at covers for it to make it more of a "fit" for the Fit. If I do I will post it. I just wanted a pedal there, it was making me insane having nothing. My Sedona has a huge rest in it, and I use it 99% of the time. Then I got in the fit and was always like WTF Honda!!!!

Old 07-27-2018, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
I'm looking at covers for it to make it more of a "fit" for the Fit. If I do I will post it. I just wanted a pedal there, it was making me insane having nothing. My Sedona has a huge rest in it, and I use it 99% of the time. Then I got in the fit and was always like WTF Honda!!!!
You could probably attach one of those silver sport-pedal look covers from eBay or AliExpress for cheap.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:59 PM
5 Year Member
Ended up breaking the Spoon rear view mirror after some spider annoyed me for a 30 mile trip. Bastard sat upside down on my driver's visor most of the drive and was well within jumping distance of my face. Took both out with a fly swatter... Oh well...

Ordering replacement Monday and more than likely another Spoon radiator cap for the GD and maybe the CR-Z.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
Squeeky clean!

Washed the fit today, yay me [= 230k and lookin good [=

Old 08-11-2018, 07:08 AM
Thumbs up

I custom "fit" a Jeep Wrangler dead pedal in the Fit today, and it came out excellent! Sturdy and I think it looks pretty decent. I just couldn't take not having anything there. It was uncomfortable, and a knee killer... Fit pedal mod Jeep Wrangler dead pedal.
Nice find and for the price you can't beat that.. Looks pretty sturdy which is a plus for our "dead-less pedal" Fits. I might be ordering mines pretty soon and mod the pedal itself for a cleaner look.

Old 08-11-2018, 07:19 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mr_RogerWill

Nice! I just refreshing my retrofit.. Best investment I ever did and that cut-off from the beam is ever soo crispy. Looks like you did the H1 bulb version.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the GD Fit today?