Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
Refinished my headlights and made a custom battery tray for the ballistic battery to attach the project MUR tray to.

Weighs just under 1 kg or just slightly over 2 lbs.

Old 06-02-2017, 08:00 AM
5 Year Member
Did you measure the weight lost after buffing the headlights?

Seriously though, the headlights and battery look great! Let's see an install!

Old 06-02-2017, 09:57 AM
5 Year Member
Install is coming soon, need to let the paint dry on the tray. Yes, I thought about how heavy the paint would be when I did the hood, haha. Oh well, gotta have a BIT of show.

Old 06-07-2017, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member

Painted the hood flat black, refinished the headlights

Painted the hatch black also

Old 06-10-2017, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member

Painted the front bumper around the grill, following the lines of the hood.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
While I'm not a huge fan of the flat black, it looks like you're doing a great job laying it. No lines, streaks, blotches, behemoth fish eyes... Or you're a photoshop pro.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by idrivemyself
While I'm not a huge fan of the flat black, it looks like you're doing a great job laying it. No lines, streaks, blotches, behemoth fish eyes... Or you're a photoshop pro.
Thanks, they could use another coat or 2 but otherwise it's not bad. I have a feeling I'll flat black the whole car eventually as the rest of the original color and finish isn't so great anymore.

Old 06-12-2017, 08:29 AM
5 Year Member
IMO a Sport front lip in black and two JDM side-view mirrors with tinted turn signal lenses would really round it out, keep the silver!

Old 06-13-2017, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
I do plan on replacing the mirrors with some black lightweight ones like APR or similar.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
Hey Devmail,

Do you think you want to capture your 1/4 mile info in the Fit 1/4 mile thread? Fit 1/4 Mile Thread

I just came back to browse around for more developments and noticed you aren't in there. I am still blown away by it.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Hey Devmail,

Do you think you want to capture your 1/4 mile info in the Fit 1/4 mile thread? Fit 1/4 Mile Thread

I just came back to browse around for more developments and noticed you aren't in there. I am still blown away by it.
thanks, just updated it!

New lower control arms going on this evening (hopefully), getting some knocks on started and stopping...think it's narrowed down to lca bushings. Had a shop look at it and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. We will see tonight if my theory is correct! Also repainted the cowl and wipers last night...they were getting pretty faded. Found another exhaust leak at the resonator, should be fixable with exhaust crack paste...we will see soon.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
Edit: Unless you're set on replacing the entire LCA, I can help with polyurethane bushings if you're willing to hold off for a bit. I'm currently working with SuperPro on a setup for the USDM (NA market) models.

Last edited by idrivemyself; 06-15-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member
Edit: Unless you're set on replacing the entire LCA, I can help with polyurethane bushings if you're willing to hold off for a bit. I'm currently working with SuperPro on a setup for the USDM (NA market) models.
if it wasn't my daily driver I would hold off, but the sound it's making worries me and I want to fix it ASAP. Thanks tho, I may be interested in the bushings in the future. Are you a part of the Fit4Track or Truefitcrew on facebook? The track ppl would be very interested in that.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
No worries. I'll have a thread in here announcing everything once it's finalized, there are a few more things we're working on as well. I don't currently use FB but maybe I'll have to, didn't even know those groups existed, thanks. Are they still active?

Old 06-15-2017, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
No worries. I'll have a thread in here announcing everything once it's finalized, there are a few more things we're working on as well. I don't currently use FB but maybe I'll have to, didn't even know those groups existed, thanks. Are they still active?
Not to spam the your build thread, but I would be one thats definitely interested. Prob put it as top in suspension thread or something

Old 06-15-2017, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
yes they are very active and probably the reason why this board is pretty slow lately lol

Old 06-16-2017, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
Got the suspension problem fixed, it was the LCA bushings making the noise, woot!

Took some pictures after a fresh wash today:

Nice cracks on the front bumper lol

Old 06-16-2017, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Looks great! My kinda car.

Old 07-02-2017, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Looks great! My kinda car.
Thanks Kevin. Got some more paint on it the other day on the lower front bumper insert. Blends the black intake duct in nicely I think.

Finally got everything needed to install the Evo X fuel pump and mechanical fuel psi gauge. Also got some copper race plugs, 1 step colder. AND slowly refinishing a set of 99-00 Si wheels. Oh and got some front camber bolts installed with -1.0 degrees for hopefully better traction at the drag strip.

Old 07-05-2017, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
Direct port installed, no clearance issues! Will try relocating the solenoids directly to the distribution blocks but there may be some clear issues there. If so it will work fine with just running braided lines to the blocks. Also installed the ballistic battery, project MUR battery tray and custom tray to attach it to the frame. This frees up a lot of space and now you can see the driver's side innovative mount. Mmm, engine candy!

Quick Reply: devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose