Fit Photos & Videos Threads for displaying photos and videos of the Honda Fit/Jazz

devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
So I decided to up my fuel jets after watching the above video. And since I could only go from a 10 fuel jet to a 12, I had to up the nitrous from an 18 to a 20 so it wouldn't be extremely rich. That puts it at 18 hp/cylinder or a 72 shot. Best part is, the stock clutch holds it even at full weight! Can't wait to be 475 lbs lighter at the track with an open exhaust!

Last edited by devmail; 08-14-2017 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:39 PM
5 Year Member
Here is a video of the 72 shot from a roll:

Old 08-18-2017, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
Race weekend is cancelled due to impending rain. Very disappointed. Watch the weather be nice all weekend...I'll be even more pissed! Haha

Old 08-18-2017, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like it's running strong! How many bottles through it so far?

Old 08-18-2017, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Looks like it's running strong! How many bottles through it so far?
Only a bottle and a half in the last year, I use it very sparingly.

Old 09-15-2017, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
Booked 2 Dyno runs for October 2nd; all motor and 72 shot of nitrous. My consolation event since I couldn't get to the track.

Old 09-26-2017, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
Strut mounts replaced up front. Got rid of the clunking when turning the wheel, there is still some suspension noise that I hear/feel in certain situations that I haven't determined the cause of yet. Alignment is slightly off but not enough to make me want to fork out the cash for a professional to fix right now.

Had to cancel the dyno time as my wideband O2 sensor shit the bed again. Probably better off waiting til I get the new clutch (and flywheel) installed, hopefully by next spring! Gotta stop buying little things and having problems to fix.

Did some more painting in the engine bay and have some skunk2 fender washers that will enhance the look there. It's definitely my favorite part of the car. Pictures soon after the washers get installed.

Now to save for the clutchmasters fx350, flywheel....then Hondata and dynotuning! Gotta make more crafts to sell.

Old 10-20-2017, 08:59 PM
5 Year Member
Painted some things in the engine bay: VTEC solenoid, washer fluid cap and neck, ABS module, dipstick...anything bright and colorful or rusty that I could get at. Also added 12 large black skunk2 fender washers...need about 12 more, at least LOL. I'm pretty sure they are lighter than stock bolts too. :P

Old 10-20-2017, 09:02 PM
5 Year Member
Like those Skunk2 fender fasteners! Find a good source for them?

Old 10-21-2017, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
Like those Skunk2 fender fasteners! Find a good source for them?
Thanks! I bought them from Teknotik which is a great site if you are in Canada. Otherwise eBay is probably the cheapest. I had originally ordered the small but the Teknotik guys found out skunk2 is no longer making the small versions anymore. The large worked out fine for me.

Old 11-01-2017, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Finally! Got a great deal on these, half price. The stage 1 clutch may not like nitrous for long but it was too good of a deal to pass up. Stoked!

Fidanza flywheel and Exedy Stage 1 clutch<br/>

Old 11-02-2017, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
Nice score!

Do you already have lightweight pulleys? I just bought a ClutchMasters kit with aluminum flywheel and think I will pick up lightweight pulleys to go along with it. Figure I'm taking weight off one end of the crank, might as well take weight off the other end as well.

Old 11-02-2017, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
Nice score!

Do you already have lightweight pulleys? I just bought a ClutchMasters kit with aluminum flywheel and think I will pick up lightweight pulleys to go along with it. Figure I'm taking weight off one end of the crank, might as well take weight off the other end as well.
Yes, I've got the unorthodox racing crank and alternator pulley...they are the most expensive but also the lightest! Let us know how much your clutchmasters flywheel weighs, there is no official weight that I remember. I heard around 8 lbs...

Old 11-02-2017, 05:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by devmail
Yes, I've got the unorthodox racing crank and alternator pulley...they are the most expensive but also the lightest! Let us know how much your clutchmasters flywheel weighs, there is no official weight that I remember. I heard around 8 lbs...
I was quoted 8 lbs, but have not weighed it myself. It's shipped assembled, so there are lots of bolts to remove to get an actual weight. If people are curious enough, I'll be happy to disassemble and weigh.

Like soooo many other things, I don't believe the UR pulleys are available for the GD any more. I'm looking at some cheap chinese eBay pulleys just to have something.

Old 11-07-2017, 05:08 PM
5 Year Member
If you call Unorthodox Racing, they can make you a set. They were no longer on the website when I ordered them. The knock-offs could be just as good. Ralco RZ makes a set with a reasonable price, plus they include the alternator pulley too.

No need to disassemble, just curious! What is the weight of the clutch and flywheel combined? From what I've read so far, the Exedy Stage 2 clutch (thick and especially thin version) is the lightest out of all the clutch disks, but doesn't last very long and is not super daily friendly.

Correction: The ATS Carbon Clutch is the lightest and most expensive lol: https://www.nengun.com/ats/carbon-clutch Only $1528 CAD!

Old 11-07-2017, 05:27 PM
5 Year Member
Interesting on the pulley! Thanks for the heads up. I may have to give them a call to get a quote so I can consider that option.

Clutch, pressure plate, flywheel combo is supposed to be 19 lbs total. Keep in mind that the ClutchMaster set up has 25% more surface area (212mm diameter vs 190mm). It dwarfs the stock set up. It's not the best plan for maximizing wheel horsepower, but should have a huge advantage for durability and clamping force just due to it's size increase alone.

For your use/set up, that ATS carbon would be perfect! Just have to rob a bank.

I have the Exedy stage 1 with stock flywheel in the car now.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
You are right! More surface area is definitely better. I was originally going with an fx300 or 350 with the clutchmasters flywheel but couldn't pass up on this deal. Plus you are stuck using only the clutchmasters clutch I think.

I have been looking into just buying the stage 2 exedy disc since they use the same pressure plate but unfortunately exedy does not sell it separately. I'm sure the stage 1 is more street able anyway and I won't be running anymore than a 75 shot on the stock block. It should hold for a while as I do not spray often.
I see the Spec stage 3+ is rated for 185 ft-lbs and stage 5 (unsprung) is 225 ft-lbs which would be more up my alley if I build the bottom end to handle 100-120 hp nitrous shot, permitting the head will flow that amount too. Plus Spec sells their components individually which eases the cost of replacement.

Anyway, fedex is delivering the clutch and flywheel tomorrow woowoo! Now to get it put in.😱

Old 11-07-2017, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
Interesting on the pulley! Thanks for the heads up. I may have to give them a call to get a quote so I can consider that option.

Clutch, pressure plate, flywheel combo is supposed to be 19 lbs total. Keep in mind that the ClutchMaster set up has 25% more surface area (212mm diameter vs 190mm). It dwarfs the stock set up. It's not the best plan for maximizing wheel horsepower, but should have a huge advantage for durability and clamping force just due to it's size increase alone.

For your use/set up, that ATS carbon would be perfect! Just have to rob a bank.

I have the Exedy stage 1 with stock flywheel in the car now.
BTW How do u like the stage 1?? How's the pedal pressure? How many miles/kms on it so far? Thanks

Old 11-07-2017, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
I don't want to sound negative. We have about 60k miles on the Exedy stage 1 and it holds fine.

Problem is that it's just like the factory clutch. Mushy with no feel and no positive engagement. At about 50k miles it started making throw out bearing noise again.

It's not that it's a bad option, it's just a much cheaper alternative to buying a factory clutch from Honda. Nothing about it is worse than the original, but nothing better either.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
I don't want to sound negative. We have about 60k miles on the Exedy stage 1 and it holds fine.

Problem is that it's just like the factory clutch. Mushy with no feel and no positive engagement. At about 50k miles it started making throw out bearing noise again.

It's not that it's a bad option, it's just a much cheaper alternative to buying a factory clutch from Honda. Nothing about it is worse than the original, but nothing better either.
Good to know, I'm contacting the previous owner of the clutch to get ahold of a receipt, perhaps I can send this back to exedy for a stage 2. If not, I'll keep it and see how it works. It's a bummer they don't sell the discs separately.

I weighed the fidanza flywheel and it is 7.45 lbs. The stage 1 exedy friction disc is 2.10 lbs and pressure plate is 5.16 lbs...😱
​​
​​​​

Quick Reply: devmail's 2007 SSM GD3 build - The Grey Goose