General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Things I didn't like about the FIT.

Dead pedal - Bought and installed one
Armrest - Bought and installed one
USDM tail lights look like euro ebay crap - Bought and installed JDM tail lights.

Humm I guess there is nothing that I don't like about my FIT

Old 04-10-2007, 02:04 PM
A few things I don't like, in descending order of importance.

- Number one problem, the pedals are too close to the steering wheel. Seems to be designed for short Japanese people. It's not the worst car out there for this, but it's a little awkward for tall people. I did manage to find a comfortable place to put the seat, but it wasn't as easy as I'd like. Someone with slightly longer legs or shorter arms would be out of luck.

- The gas pedal is too touchy. Makes it hard to do the heel-and-toe thing, the slightest touch seems to rev the engine more than I want to. I guess I'll get used to it. Also makes it a bit hard to cruise at 100km/h on Ontario highways; seems like it always wants to go faster (no cruise control for me.)

- No engine temp. and oil pressure gauges! A ridiculously stupid thing to omit IMO. Undecided yet on whether I care enough to go through the pain of installing some.

- It'd be nice if the rear seats reclined all the way back, for sleeping on. But "long mode" worked okay instead.

- First and second gears are too short. Well, I think so, anyway, but I guess you'd have to try it with a different ratio to really know.

- FM radio reception is weak, compared to my last car at least.

- A-pillars are too wide. I'd have preferred fewer airbags and less weight, but I guess it doesn't matter much.

That's about it. Some of the other complaints here I don't share. I get very good fuel efficiency before it's even broken in (6.2L/100km over the first 1200km), it has sufficient horsepower for me, don't feel any need for a dead pedal, the blind spots aren't bad, mirrors are okay, seats are comfortable. My list of complaints is shorter than it was for any of the other cars I checked out, so I bought the Fit.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by F0NIX
Where are the blind spot? Behind and to your right? Or is it the window pillar that is in the way? For the rear I have mirrors that take care of that blind spot, for the window pillar, you just have to get use to moving your head sideways a little to se behind that pillar.

I can adjust the hight on the seat a little. It is a turning knob on the bottom on the left side of the left seat (and right side of the right seat) that rises the seat a little in the back. I like it at the lowest point. Feels like driving a truck when in high possition.

1. Blind spot - I believe it is caused by the large thick pillar in the back on each side. The side view mirrors only do so much to rectify this.

2. Turning knob - I looked all over for this 'turning knob' to adjust the height of the seat and found nothing. Is it possible your model is different? Does anyone else have a clue?

Old 04-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Jordan, I think he's talking about his Jazz, Fits don't have a height knob, but I read somewhere on this site that the Jazzes do. So we are SOL on that one!

As far as the blind spots (had big ones on my Beetle too) Those little wide angle mirrors you can buy anywhere and just stick on your side mirrors work great!

Also, any of you who installed an armrest, which one and most importantly, how do you like it?
Kitty

Old 04-10-2007, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
as said before no dead pedal sucks, i havent put one in as i havent found one i liked, the zeta one isnt too appealing

Old 04-11-2007, 03:05 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by KittyFit
Jordan, I think he's talking about his Jazz, Fits don't have a height knob, but I read somewhere on this site that the Jazzes do. So we are SOL on that one!
Ah, that makes alot more sense. Don't understand why Honda wouldn't install the height knob in the Fit too, unless it was to cut corners on cost. Wish I had one!

Old 04-11-2007, 03:15 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

I never really noticed the blind spots you guys were talking about until I realized that its because I am rocking the old school Broadway rear view mirror.

Really eliminates the blind spots and you can see everything behind you

Old 04-11-2007, 05:05 AM
Originally Posted by logistixz
as said before no dead pedal sucks, i havent put one in as i havent found one i liked, the zeta one isnt too appealing
It may not look appealing to you but it is Very functional and it does look nice in person. The camera shots they took of it don't do it justice. I luv mine

Old 04-11-2007, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Driving Position

The only major complaint I have with my Fit Sport MT is that the steering wheel is too close to the pedals and the driver's seat lacks thigh support for a 6-footer like me. If I push the seat back enough to stretch my legs, my arms have to be fully extended to grasp the steering wheel even with the seatback nearly vertical. When I move the seat up a little my knees bend more and my legs splay out to the sides, with my right shin resting somewhat uncomfortably on the center console.

I've found a somewhat optimal driving position that is acceptable but still far from perfect. I'm experimenting with a wedge cushion under my thighs, which allows me to move the seat up while minimizing the leg splay.

minor complaints:
lack of variable speed on the intermittent windshield wiper.
no dead pedal (can be remedied) ditto armrest
no locking gas door
too easy to accidentally shut off radio when reaching to adjust volume

Old 04-14-2007, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
Floor mats are a good thing but the ones I got from Honda are ok I now wished I got the carpet mats.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by iheartmyGD3
I never really noticed the blind spots you guys were talking about until I realized that its because I am rocking the old school Broadway rear view mirror.

Really eliminates the blind spots and you can see everything behind you
Suggestions on where to find one of these?

Old 04-15-2007, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Lightbulb

I wish the back seat was split the other way. Seems if they forgot to change it in NA model. Very minor dislike.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
sucky gas mileage

Old 04-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Cool

I wish it had a 6th gear for the M/T for speeds higher than 70mph.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by peg_leg
sucky gas mileage
?!?! Say What ?!?! Almost everyone reports 34-36 for highway. Must be a leadfoot/hard acceleration.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
no leadfoot driving the last tank i got was 29.7 50/50 driving city/highway its a auto fit sport. the tank before that was 90%highway it just got 28.5 wtf! i traded a 06 accord vp 5 speed mt for the fit on the accord i got 34 highway with 4 people and a trunk load of stuff. the accord weighs 3120 pounds 166 hp thats why i'm mad about the fit not getting good mileage

Old 04-15-2007, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Not having an optional OEM faceplate for double DIN setup.

The back of the OEM system not having some sort of output for additional amps/sound setup.

No optional insert point in the engine bay for people to pass cables through... i had to cut into the tube protecting my ECU cabling to get my amp's power from the tiny ass battery.

My 1989 Integra had better battery life than this, my battery died on 25 minutes of playing music.... while my 89 teg had a good 2 hours using my 200watt amp at a louder level.

urg... other than that, i love everything else, no screws on interior panels is so cool =D

and no armrest.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fuel Door doesn't lock

What manager at Honda decided to save money by NOT installing a fuel door that locks. How much money they must of saved off the sticker price by NOT including that little lever and cable to open the fuel door. So glad they did that for us so we could enjoy that cost saving feature while we were writing out a check for a Grand over the dealer's sticker price for our new Fit.

LOL!

Old 04-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by HollywoodFIT
What manager at Honda decided to save money by NOT installing a fuel door that locks. How much money they must of saved off the sticker price by NOT including that little lever and cable to open the fuel door. So glad they did that for us so we could enjoy that cost saving feature while we were writing out a check for a Grand over the dealer's sticker price for our new Fit.

LOL!
C$20 (for sure cheaper in the States) for a locking gas cap, I've been using one since last August and it works flawlessly..
Chris

Old 04-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Last night, it hit me the one other thing I don't like about my Fit -- when your doors are locked, and you try to open the door from the inside, the door doesn't automatically unlock. Maybe this is a safety feature, but when the car is stopped, and the key is out of the ignition, are you really in danger of falling out of your door?

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit