General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
Angry Sell your Fit and buy tha mazda 3 you so want!

Originally Posted by jeimusu86
i regret getting the fit..the mazda 3 is sooo much better...after riding in my friends mazda 3 i wished that i didnt buy the fit...if you are looking for a sporty car within similar price range look for the mazda 3, b/c it has more horse power, and better looking interior as well as exterior...lol pretty much everything
Listen sell your Fit so what if you lose money on it. If we have to put up with you for the next several years bitching about this and that who needs you!

Old 08-08-2007, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
can't please everyone...
please move on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 08-08-2007, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nighthawk fit
Listen sell your Fit so what if you lose money on it. If we have to put up with you for the next several years bitching about this and that who needs you!
im warning those out there who dont know their options...its not as great fuel economy as it claims to be...seeing that i get 26 mpg mixed 70% fw and 30% ct, which is similar to the mazda 3, and plus if i do sell it, i would lose a lot of value b/c i already have 10k miles on it, i'm keeping the car. thank you...and for those who really want fuel economy who are willing to wait another year, in 2009 they will have a diesel engine powered honda fit, that is completely redesigned with a sleeker look

Last edited by jeimusu86; 08-08-2007 at 05:36 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by nighthawk fit
Listen sell your Fit so what if you lose money on it. If we have to put up with you for the next several years b*tching about this and that who needs you!
very mature.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
Btw Ro_Ja Boy do you work for RJ Devera's wheel company?

Old 08-09-2007, 05:33 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jeimusu86
im warning those out there who dont know their options...its not as great fuel economy as it claims to be...seeing that i get 26 mpg mixed 70% fw and 30% ct, which is similar to the mazda 3, and plus if i do sell it, i would lose a lot of value b/c i already have 10k miles on it, i'm keeping the car. thank you...and for those who really want fuel economy who are willing to wait another year, in 2009 they will have a diesel engine powered honda fit, that is completely redesigned with a sleeker look
Good luck with the Diesel I hope Honda can do a better job then v/w did with my POS golf tdi And so you don't get great mileage on your fit. I get about 30mpg in my city for I live in Flat Florida. And I get 32mpg on the Highway pretty Damn good. Are you the kind of person that when a new shoe comes out you have to buy it? For I plan on keeping my 2007 the classic. The new fit when it comes out will never be better then it is now

Old 08-09-2007, 06:15 AM
Banned
Is your engine still in the proper place in your mazda?? Or is it dragging on the ground???

Motor Mount Breaks w/ Pics

Old 08-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Break pedal goes click

Hey!

I've had my fit (Canadian LX, MT) for two weeks now. First manual transmission ever, I just love the car!

One of the only negatives so far is a click sound when depressing the brake pedal. The sound seems to come from behind the dashboard, below the steering wheel, and is very similar to the sound a relay makes when it "opens".

I've been testing this out a bit in a quiet underground garage and the click occurs further down in the pedal travel then the brake lights turning on. In other words, I press down on the pedal REALLY slowly and at some point the rear lights light-up. If I continue pressing a bit further, I can hear the clicking sound. I can also hear it when releasing the pedal.

Quick tests showed that the sound is made even without puting the key in the ignition ie: everything off, I just sit there and click away!

Has anyone else noticed someting similar?

I have to take a few minutes this week and examine the underside of the dashboard.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by ZotDitzMyo
Hey!

I've had my fit (Canadian LX, MT) for two weeks now. First manual transmission ever, I just love the car!

One of the only negatives so far is a click sound when depressing the brake pedal. The sound seems to come from behind the dashboard, below the steering wheel, and is very similar to the sound a relay makes when it "opens".

I've been testing this out a bit in a quiet underground garage and the click occurs further down in the pedal travel then the brake lights turning on. In other words, I press down on the pedal REALLY slowly and at some point the rear lights light-up. If I continue pressing a bit further, I can hear the clicking sound. I can also hear it when releasing the pedal.

Quick tests showed that the sound is made even without puting the key in the ignition ie: everything off, I just sit there and click away!

Has anyone else noticed someting similar?

I have to take a few minutes this week and examine the underside of the dashboard.
My Auto Sport makes the same click sound as you described when I step on the brake pedal. I assume that click comes from the brake light switch every time the pedal is depressed. Otherwise, I don't have a clue.

I think this is normal.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
the LACK of sideskirts on the base model.

I mean come on Honda!even my DX 94 civic came with sideskirts!

Old 08-15-2007, 02:21 AM
Now that I've spent some time with my Fit. I think the AC is a bit weak. Well, every Honda vehicle I've been in the AC has been weak, so maybe that's just how they are. I love the paddle shifters, but I worry about the tranny. I have a feeling the tranny will give me problems in the future.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:06 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
I've had my Canadian Manual Sport for about 2 weeks now, and one thing that seems to bother me is when the car hasn't been warmed up sometimes coming out of first gear feels a bit notchy and not smooth, after running for about 5 minutes it's smooth as butter. What gives? Do I need to get my transmission fluid changed to something better then stock?

Old 08-15-2007, 03:14 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
skaaaaaaRAPING

Old 08-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by Fitiful Blue
My Auto Sport makes the same click sound as you described when I step on the brake pedal. I assume that click comes from the brake light switch every time the pedal is depressed. Otherwise, I don't have a clue.

I think this is normal.
Does it click only when you are in Park? If so, it is probably the shift-interlock. The shifter cannot be moved from Park unless the brake is depressed. In fact, if you try to press in the button to shift, it won't move. Press the brake until you hear the click, and the button will unlock, allowing it to be pressed, so you can shift into reverse.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:05 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
don't like

Rock chip magnet!!!!

Old 08-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by pokems23
Rock chip magnet!!!!
I hear ya on that one, ive had my Fit alittle over a month and already have one

Old 08-16-2007, 12:46 PM
My No. 1 complaint is the A/C - it just can't keep up with midwest U.S. summer temperatures (high 90s-low 100s). There is also too much A/C temperature fluctuation between the compressor on/off cycle.

No. 2: The gear ratios are too far apart between 1st and 2nd gear in the 5 spd MT.

Not much else to dislike.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by LizardKing
Does it click only when you are in Park? If so, it is probably the shift-interlock. The shifter cannot be moved from Park unless the brake is depressed. In fact, if you try to press in the button to shift, it won't move. Press the brake until you hear the click, and the button will unlock, allowing it to be pressed, so you can shift into reverse.
No Sir, not only in Park, it clicks in other positions as well. I understand your point about the shift-interlock as you described in order to shift out of Park, my previous automatics did this as well. But my Fit creates that click every time the brake pedal is depressed regardless of what position it's in.

It doesn't bother me nor affect any drivability as far as I'm concerned. I thought I wanted to share the similarity with the other poster.

Thanks for heads up!

Old 08-16-2007, 06:06 PM
I love driving the Fit, but I did notice a few things that I suppose will start bugging me more when I drive it more often:

Rear window visibility (which is easily remedied by removing the rear headrests)

Lack of an armrest (not REALLY an issue, because if I'm driving on local streets my hand is usually on the shifter or the wheel or going back and forth, and if I'm driving on the freeway my left arm is usually resting on the window panel, and I drive with my right arm.)

Dead pedal (which I suppose I can fix if I get annoyed at it enough), which is also not really an issue for me since most of my commute is local, resulting in a lot of clutchwork, but still not enough for me to need to move my foot off every so often.

My biggest problem is that the car is way too damn light on the freeway, which is a big departure from the Camry that I was driving, which is obviously much heavier. I always feel like any significant side winds would leave me in a spot of trouble if I'm not paying attention.

Shifting into fifth/reverse, I've started to get used to how shifting into fifth feels different from every other gear, but it still worries me every time I do it. The one thing I REALLY dislike is shifting into reverse though. You've really gotta mean it, which pisses me off. I swear I'm going to break it one day...

I would complain about the VTEC in fifth gear, but when I think about it, it's a good way to keep you at a speed close to the speed limit, and keep you out of trouble, so it actually does two things for you, save gas and keep you out of a cop's filter when he's lookin out for someone to bust.

That or you could just drop a K20 in there and be done with it....

Last edited by Tetsurin; 08-27-2007 at 01:37 AM. Reason: updated gripes, I suppose.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by huckhuge
Just got my fit and the new car smell annoys me. Anyone know a good way to get rid of the new car smell? I don't wan't to mask it with an air freshener, that's just replacing one annoying smell with another, more annoying smell, IMO.
I can list quite a few that would help with that, but not too many that would be mentionable in mixed company

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit