General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 11:01 PM
5 Year Member
I hate the drive-by-wire. I have to concentrate hard to modulate the throttle for smooth shifting. Maybe it's because I'm a noooob at stick, or maybe the DBW just sucks. Am I wrong, or is it just me?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Volume control

If I'm trying to change the volume and happen to hit a bump at the same time, I end up pushing too hard and turning off the cd player. Drives me crazy.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by cycoxtr
I hate the drive-by-wire. I have to concentrate hard to modulate the throttle for smooth shifting. Maybe it's because I'm a noooob at stick, or maybe the DBW just sucks. Am I wrong, or is it just me?
Have the same problem in my 8th gen civic. The DBW system is great for fuel economy but very stressful to try and nail your shifts. When I get my fit it's going to be AT so I don't have to deal with that anymore

Old 04-26-2007, 01:10 AM
The newest thing I hate about my Fit is that someone at work bought one this week, apparently after seeing mine, because it's the exact same model -- Fit Sport, Silver. I did a double-take driving the lot for a space after lunch today. Friggin' copycat!!!

Old 04-26-2007, 03:54 AM
Just a few things for me:

DBW, like others have said it's hard to shift smoothly, and it seems to lag slightly and overrun a little bit when you let of the gas.

6th gear, I think a 6 speed trans would help the MPG greatly. Every time I get up to freeway speed I always want to upshift one more time

The biggest thing though is the RATTLES! My interior has more little rattles than my last car did at 220,000 miles, and I only have 12,000 on the Fit. The door panels rattle, the dash rattles, there are some rattles in the rear of the car that I have no idea what they are. I took it to the dealer and they "could not replicate the problem". Anyway, as you can tell I'm a little frustrated about it.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:26 PM
the car is thin skinned, already got shopping cart dent driver side rear door

Old 04-27-2007, 11:06 AM
acc
-no dead pedal
-and the stereo takes too long to turn on, when you turn it off accidentally.

that's all.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Door dings from other cars. $625 for one tiny ding and a 1" scratch! I wish they'd styled the doors to prevent dings! Other than that, the Fit is still good to go!

Old 04-27-2007, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
Re: fuel economy;

I live in Oakville (west of Toronto) and drive into the city several times a week, often in rush hour. The worst tank I ever got was 7.2l/100km. During the winter my b/f's grandfather was in the hospital about 2km away and we went more or less daily so the car was almost always driven cold when we got that 7.2. The rest of the winter we averaged mid-6's and last summer we averaged 5.9lt/100km.

I know I've said it before, but the car's economy really does reward light driving. We shift up at ~1.5/2kprm and are light on the peddle. On days when I want to have fun though, I notice that the economy drops noticeably. It's a trade-off I guess... if you are willing to drive like a granny, you'll get great economy. If you want to have fun though, the car can certainly oblige you but the economy tanks.

Back on topic:

The things I really wish were available (even as an option) would be a dead pedal and a 6th gear on the AT. The blind spot is a bit annoying, but I don't know how that could be improved without losing other things I like a lot. Oh, and a place to put my purse... but I've never seen a car made that has that, so I think that's too general a complaint. :P

Otherwise, I absolutely love our Fit. I'd buy another in a heartbeat!

Digi

Old 04-27-2007, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
I wasn't too happy with the noisy cabin. I drive on the highway at 80mph everday and I was getting annoyed with the noise. I had to raise my voice to talk to someone in the car. I had to turn UP the music so I could hear it over the noise.

After I sound deadened the car I must say it is one of the best things I've done to the car. It isn't totally quiet since I still get noise from the tires, but there isn't any REAL noise that is bothering me now. The sound system sounds better, I can talk to people in the car without raising my voice, etc.

Old 04-28-2007, 05:27 PM
My stereo mysteriously turns down the volume by itself. Its subtle, but several others have noticed this also.

My gas milage has not been the 30ish promised. Its more like 25.

Besides that you can pry my fit from my cold dead hands.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:05 PM
I'm not crazy about the not so accurate EPA estimates for mileage on this car. Overall, I'm getting 28-29 MPG in the winter months and 30-32 MPG during the summer months. But at least, I'm doing a whole lot better mileage-wise than most of those monster trucks and SUVs out on the road! I also don't like the lack of power when climbing a long stretch of inclined highway, like the notorious "GRAPEVINE", the stretch of highway between Bakersfield and Los Angeles. I thought the 109 HP would do better than my old Toyota Tercel 1994 at 89HP, but it's not much better. Other than that, it's been great and fun to drive! This car LOVES curves, and hugs them like no other (except maybe a BMW or other sports car). Whenever a curve is ahead, I put the gas and zoom past all the other cars in a heartbeat!

Old 04-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by BigBadMadMan
The amount of static produced by the seats when getting in or out of the car. Anyone else notice this? The shock when I touch the door is pretty powerful. Other than that, I'm getting the gas mileage, so I can't complain there...and I'm also draggin my 250lb. fat ass around, so it's pretty amazing actually! :P
That static is really bad, I agree. I have been keeping a can of static guard in the car. I definately want some seat covers (something cool) so I will find something less conductive.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Dysanfel
My stereo mysteriously turns down the volume by itself. Its subtle, but several others have noticed this also.
My gas milage has not been the 30ish promised. Its more like 25.
Besides that you can pry my fit from my cold dead hands.
You may be talking about the SVC (Speed Sensitive Volume Compensation). The owner's manual says: "The SVC has four modes; SVC OFF, SVC LOW, SVC MID and SVC HIGH. Turn the PWR/VOL knob to adjust the setting to your liking." The SVC controls the volume based on vehicle speed. The faster you go the louder it becomes. As you slow down the volume decreases. Is that what is happening? The setting is SVC MID when it leaves the factory. I turned mine OFF.

Last edited by Colomom; 04-28-2007 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Colomom
You may be talking about the SVC (Speed Sensitive Volume Compensation). The owner's manual says: "The SVC has four modes; SVC OFF, SVC LOW, SVC MID and SVC HIGH. Turn the PWR/VOL knob to adjust the setting to your liking." The SVC controls the volume based on vehicle speed. The faster you go the louder it becomes. As you slow down the volume decreases. Is that what is happening? The setting is SVC MID when it leaves the factory. I turned mine OFF.
Omg thank you. I am sure that is what it is.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure I like the quality of the paint job. I drove to Dallas from Memphis and back this past weekend, and I've already got 4 chips in the paint. I realize there's not a lot that can be done about rocks hitting the paint, but I've made that trip many, many times, and I've never seen a paint job on any other car take that kind of damage. Is this normal for Fits? Sucks, cause it's less than a month old.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:40 PM
1) The sport trim along the sides of the car. Something is weird about the positioning - I have scratches from people's heels on both the drivers and passenger side.

2) Blind Spot already mentioned. Need to get a bubble mirror.

3) Road noise bugs me a bit too, but I live with it.

On my 5MT sport, I haven't really missed the dead pedal. During city driving, I'm clutching all the time. On the highway I'm using cruise control and can have both feet flat on the floor.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:52 PM
Most things I have disliked have been expected for being such a small economy car. The wheel base is short so things can get bouncy on a rough highway and high speed cruising is a bit buzzy. I am happy to have such a tuned suspension for 95% of my driving.

The only thing that really irritates my is the lint build-up on the seats. I now have a lint roller out in the car just for the seats.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:28 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by sorcerio
Didn't you get the recall notice about the hair on the seats problem? Go to your dealer and they will issue one of these to you. Problem solved.
I never saw this recall notice!

I don't like my current mileage (20-25 mpg). Rear window is a little hard to see out of. I'd rather have the vanity mirror on the passenger's sunvisor, not the driver's. Love it otherwise!

Last edited by LizardKing; 05-01-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:51 PM
- No option for OEM sunroof
- No stock dead pedal
- No option for OEM center console
- A 6spd manual would be nice
- Hard to find wheels that fit the Fit without rubbing issues

Apart from those rants... I've been getting great fuel mileage. In the city I've been averaging 550-600km per tank. Haven't had a chance to try her out on the highways yet.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit