General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
I miss the teloscoping steering wheel that my 2006 Civic had, but aside from that the only other thing that really bothers me is not having an arm rest which I'll probably suck it up and buy eventually.

Old 08-27-2007, 08:51 PM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
the drivers side axle comes out wayyyy to easy on it and it doesnt go in easy when you are doing suspension/brake work. ive been hesitating on getting slotted front rotors because i just dont want it to happen again. also, interior sound is LOUD! ive been thinking about putting down a dynamat when i get my new seats. fitting of the carpet is horrible too. i have white cloth comming up from underneath the plastic where my upper rear strut bar is. and that same white cloth is showing near the right side of the passenger foot area. also. HORRIBLE REVERSE GEAR!! most shallow gear ever! grrr

Last edited by kelsodeez; 08-27-2007 at 09:15 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by grouser
I think the reason people don't like fifth is cus it the one gear you have to push agaist the spring while pushing away from your body. The tranny is set up so while in nuetrul it is held in the 3rd and 4th leg of the three legged "H" (the mmiddle leg). So what happens is we pull the stick towards us and agaist the spring to get into first, then it's pretty natural to pull down and towards yourself for second,,,,the when you go up for third the spring pops the stick over into the middle leg for us (very easy and natural),then it takes no effort to pull strait down for fourth , THEN YOU GO FOR 5th gear and you find yourself pushing agaist that spring AND up and away from yourself. I think that's when most of us feel the difference and unatural shift.
Aahhh.... the joys of driving a right hand drive......

Old 08-28-2007, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Suzi_q
Aahhh.... the joys of driving a right hand drive......
so with RHD cars is the gear pattern differnt also with first being closest to the driver?

Old 08-28-2007, 11:08 PM
RHD gear pattern is the same.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:03 AM
I've only had mine a couple weeks so far, and really my only complaints are:
-I have NO idea where the front end is. I always end up being about 2 feet away from whatever I'm parking up against
-Hate the way it goes into fifth
-Wish it had an analog temp gauge
-Wish headlights went off with ignition
-Wish there was an actual MPG display
-Seat height adjustment (like the Euro model) would be nice
-I'll probably order the JDM center console, at some point
-Wish there was better interior lighting
-Wish there was air ducting to the back seat
-Wish there was a "Custom"(izable) EQ setting, instead of just presets

Overall, even though that's quite a list, they're all minor, and I actually really like the car!

P.S. I've never had a car with a "dead pedal". Why is it the #1 complaint?

Old 08-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by Bennet Pullen
...DBW, like others have said it's hard to shift smoothly, and it seems to lag slightly and overrun a little bit when you let off the gas...
So THAT'S what it is! I was going to take it in, because I thought I had a sticky throttle.

Old 08-29-2007, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by WrenInLA
P.S. I've never had a car with a "dead pedal". Why is it the #1 complaint?

Once you've tried a car out with a dead pedal, you never want to go back.

My complaints are minor:

- No lumbar support
- Telescopic steering wheel would be nice.
- No mud flaps available for the Sport model
- Seat material is a lint magnet
- The factory radio sound sucks. When I play a CD, the sound quality is night and day.
- 40 liter gas tank is a bit small.
- No locking gas cap.
- Turn signals cancel is not sensitive enough. When you use the left/right turn signal, your turn needs to be quite sharp before turn the wheel straight cancels the turn signal. Many times I've been driving with the right turn signal flashing because of this.
- No dead pedal

Old 08-29-2007, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
To anyone else, does shifting into 3rd feel notchy? 2nd, 4th, and 5th are smooth shifts for me but 3rd almost always feels notchy to me.

Old 08-29-2007, 01:26 PM
the lack of a dead pedal is my biggest complaint.

otherwise...
just a personal thing, I'm used to driving a del Sol...I don't like being in a car with such a high center of gravity, and my line of vision is kinda messed up from this too. I tend to look over the smaller vehicles, since they don't obstruct my view so much...and that's kinda dangerous.
I also miss the suspension of a roadster-style vehicle.
I hope to have this vehicle when I have kids...but I'm going to feel sorry for those kids, because there's no air vents in the back.
the speakers in the back suck too, there's no bass back there at all...ugh...not that I'm ever in the back, but I feel for my passengers.
...and I couldn't get it in purple...or yellow. I think the other countries have at least yellow, and I think some may have purple too. not the US ><

all minor things - overall, it's a very good car.

Last edited by Shaelyn; 08-29-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Retired Moderator
^The dead pedal thing i see so many people comlaining about is about the easiest fix ever, search for a Zeta Dead Pedal, i got one for my Fit and its great! Ohh and BTW the U.S did get a purlpe color for 08-BlackBerry Pearl is what it is called...

Old 08-30-2007, 03:37 AM
my dislikes ,in order:

no torque (I'd trade 10 hp for more torque)
jerky first gear some times
no sun roof (since i know other countries has that and we don't)
no MPG display (should come standard on all economy cars)
not as fuel efficient as yaris and sport model doesnt have different interior trim like the yaris sport model (so i painted my interior hard plastics to piano black and looks 10 times richer)
to place to store rear head rest when the seats are down. most cars have slots to place the head rest. or better yet, it shouldve came with foldable head rest.
lag of camber adjustment ... all they had to do is to make the struct bolt hole a little bigger... but they didnt.

Old 08-30-2007, 05:05 AM
5 Year Member
Hey (ROCKET SCIENTIST)! the rear headrests do not have to be removed! Pull all your junk off the rear mats, then pull your front seats forward then lay your rear seats down. Then push back your front seats and your headrests are taken care of without removing them!

Old 09-01-2007, 10:16 PM
So the front is a bit too low and the back is too high. THe passanger side needs a mirror, fits need armrests and that the old 1.5 liter tends to lag up a hill unless in a lower gear with high revs.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by TOOL
^The dead pedal thing i see so many people comlaining about is about the easiest fix ever, search for a Zeta Dead Pedal, i got one for my Fit and its great! Ohh and BTW the U.S did get a purlpe color for 08-BlackBerry Pearl is what it is called...
too late for my purchase though. makes me kinda sick.

Old 09-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Took a trip from Memphis to Dallas and back over Labor Day weekend, and got the biggest paint chip on my front bumper so far, a little bigger than the size of a Tic-Tac. This is just really frustrating. I know, I know, buy the protective film. Point is, I shouldn't HAVE to, the paint should be a little tougher. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow to have the bumper-peeling-thing fixed and the floormat hooks installed, and I'm going to point out all the chips on my bumper and see what they say. If they offer a significant discount on the film, I'll just pony up and buy it. Otherwise, this is my last (it was my first) Honda. Too bad, it's an otherwise great car, but a pitted bumper after 5 months is inexcusable.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:08 PM
It didn't turn out to be Bumble Bee...

Old 09-05-2007, 02:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by arsim
It didn't turn out to be Bumble Bee...
haha 'tis a shame

Old 09-06-2007, 09:46 AM
Many more likes than dislikes, but:
1. Dashboard noisy at cold ambient temperatures.
2. Lousy paint mil-thickness and no anti-chip additive.
3. Wiper blade cartridge removal and reassembly.
4. Chattering wiper blades. Swapping the blades, top & bottom helps a bit.
5. More rev-range. Too soon to the limiter. In essence, I want more power. But really, is more ever enough?

Old 09-06-2007, 07:09 PM
When I sit in my GF's Fit, I hate that there is no auto door lock switch on the passenger side.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit