General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by $h!tFit
When I sit in my GF's Fit, I hate that there is no auto door lock switch on the passenger side.
Everyone who gets into my car winds up fumbling for that non-existent switch. Or they try to check their hair in the non-existent passenger visor mirror. Those two things, along with no light in the glovebox, just seem like inexplicable omissions to me.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:12 AM
I don't like the name "Fit."

Only because when I do a search for Honda Fit parts on the Internet, I get a ton of hits for parts that fit Hondas and have nothing to do with my car.

ed

Old 09-11-2007, 07:19 AM
5 Year Member
Turning stereo off when adjusting volume.

Not easy to replace stereo.

Easy to oversteer when cornering at high speeds.

Front lip too low, dinged it first day.

No sunroof.

Cigarette lighter optional? Wtf?

back end gets DIRTY fast.

needs faster acceleration

Driving BOM Sport MT. bought demo.

Didn't come with antenna, oil was at 50 percent, no windshield fluid. Salesperson said thats how Honda's come.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:22 AM
i don't like:

many of the things already listed here:
1) no option for moonroof
2) a/c not really very strong
3) poor visibility (i've since removed the back seats so it's A LOT better!)
4) no mirror for passenger
5) the fact that I can't adjust the seat maybe a lil higher (i was used to my power seats on my older car)
6) no armrest
7) i'm not getting the mileage i expected (right now it looks like i'm getting about 20-22 mpg)

HOWEVER! i purchased the vehicle knowing all of these things (with the exception of the mileage) and i still think it's TOTALLY worth it! i absolutely LOVE my lil fit! It FITS ME!

Old 09-11-2007, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by PizzaFit

Didn't come with antenna, oil was at 50 percent, no windshield fluid. Salesperson said thats how Honda's come.
I don't know how it is in Canada but here they come with all that. The salesman was lying. I would file a complaint.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by frogpond1
I don't know how it is in Canada but here they come with all that. The salesman was lying. I would file a complaint.
Seriously, what a snake. Mine came with all that stuff too, and the dealership filled the tank for me to boot. I mean really, no antenna?!?

Old 09-11-2007, 03:39 PM
Retired Moderator
No lock button for passenger......I wonder why Honda didnt put one in???

Old 09-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm inclined to think that Honda just used the same sunshades as in the JDM fits, and that's why the mirror is on the driver's side here (when in Japan that side is the passenger). Not sure why they did that though. I know that some cars have vanity mirrors on both sides, but most of the cars I've driven/been in only have them on the passenger side, so that's a possibility.

Old 09-12-2007, 04:33 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Speaking of the lack of a mirror for the passenger in the sunvisor - has anyone tried to swap the visor from the driver's side to the passenger side and vice versa?

Old 09-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator

Driving BOM Sport MT. bought demo.

Mine didn't have an antenna, and I didn't realize it for about a week, but I called my salesman and he sent one right out to me.

I too got a full tank of gas, and windshield washer fluid, but if you bought the demo, it makes sense that the oil wasn't at 100%. However, it would have been nice if they changed out the oil before they sold it to you. Is your first oil change free, at least?

Old 09-13-2007, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Salesman was a F$#%ING idiot!

Old 09-13-2007, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by storm88000
Speaking of the lack of a mirror for the passenger in the sunvisor - has anyone tried to swap the visor from the driver's side to the passenger side and vice versa?
I'm not too sure, but I don't think that would work because, well, the visors are able to "twist" to the sides to cover the top portion above the window. If you were to switch them over, I don't think that they would be able to "twist" at all. I'm not sure how they come apart, but some come apart with the long metal bar connected to the visors, which means you have to flip the entire visor over to make it fit into the slot thing on the ceiling of the car, and the mirror will be on the other side. O_O

LOL kinda confusing! But I'm not sure if I'm right or not! Just from what I can see, it SEEMS that way. You can buy the visors with the mirrors online if you want! I've seen them somewhere. x]

Old 09-14-2007, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TOOL
No lock button for passenger......I wonder why Honda didnt put one in???
What lock button are you missing? Can't you lock the passenger door from inside from the passenger side? Here in Europe it is standard with the normal push/pull locking button in the bottom windows frame, each door have its own. And all cars that have a central locking system have a "all door lock" button. Don't remember now where it is located, but think it is on the drivers side door beside the electric window button. But you could manually lock/unlock the passenger door with the locking button beside the window.

The "all door lock" button is not used much in Europe since we are not used to be robbed at a traffic light like I have heard hapening in US.
But I have seen many car's that automaticaly locks all doors when driving faster than 20km/t.

But no antenna and 50% oil have to be a mistake from the salesman.

The European Jazz comes with passenger mirror. But there is no light beside that mirror...

No cigarette lighter? That was also a bit strange, even if Europe is almost a non-smoking area the car came with a cigarette lighter and a special ashtray that looks like a cup and was made for placing in one of the two cupholders in the center console. Both the lighter and the ashtray I took out of the car the first day. If anyone want them they could get it for free from me

Old 09-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
You Europeans got a lot more features on the Fit it seems than us in the states. The biggest thing I miss is not having the seat adjuster dial.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by F0NIX
What lock button are you missing? Can't you lock the passenger door from inside from the passenger side?
We're talking about a button on the armrest to unlock the door. It's not as though it's a huge hassle for the passenger to reach up for the one by the window, it's just that most people these days are used to having one on the armrest on the door, and they get a little confused when they reach for it and it's not there.

The "all door lock" button is not used much in Europe since we are not used to be robbed at a traffic light like I have heard hapening in US.
Doesn't happen as often here as the rest of the world would like to believe. But just like I lock my doors to my home when I'm inside, I like to lock the doors of my car too. Better safe than sorry -- people are nuts these days, all over the world.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
Things I dislike the most:

Idiot lights instead of guages for temperature and oil pressure in a Sport model
No dead pedal
Lousy carpeting. People have worn through theirs in the first year
Loud creaking dash panels. Had my right A pillar fixed at dealer last year
Wiper blsed need replacing too often
Weak paint. Put on Honda hood deflector to stop chips on hood leading edge
No telescopic steering. Feel like your reaching for the wheel all the time when seat is in the right position.
No door lock control for passenger

Chris

Old 09-28-2007, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
i agree woth the no dead pedal... it is kind of un confortable... but I haven't been on any real long drives yet..only about an hour or less... but in 2 days i'm driving to boston and back (2 and a half hours each way) so we'll see how that goes

Old 09-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Retired Moderator
^Just buy a Zeta dead pedal....Fixes the problem and its only 50$..

Old 09-28-2007, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
That salesman is full of BS. Even if it's a demo, I'd imagine they'd prep it. i wouldn't go back to that dealer again.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy
Post up the things that you don't like about your Fit. Thanks!

Ryan
No splash guards available for the Sport Fit......yet.
( driving Fit since 9/25/07 )

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit