General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Retired Moderator
The only thing ive found not to like is the seats attract every kinda dust/hair particle...

Old 07-30-2007, 07:09 PM
I went from a loaded Jeep with electric everything to a fit so I am bound to be adjusting, so here's what I don't like so far. If I had the option to drive a fit for a week or two before buying I may have bought another car.

A. Seat adjustments or lack of. I find the seat too low and my ankle is at a weird angle so I have to prop a towel or something under my right knee. (I'm not that tall) If the seat had some up and down adjustment that would rock. My foot seems to meet the gas pedal at an odd angle that's uncofortable for some reason. Also the car "goes" without any gas pressure,
so one must keep a foot on the brake at all times when waiting, which seems a tad odd.

B. Wiper speed. Again, I'm used to having a switch I can adjust fast or slow for speed and the fit does not have that. Small thing really.

C. A.C. if someone is in the back and wants some air, the a.c. is not strong enough to keep you cool in the front. Also the car makes a weird Fluttering sound if the back window is open when driving fast.

Thats about it, it's a fun car to drive and it's roomy. I seem to fill it up often, but that's because I'm driving more now because it's fun. So in a strange way the saving gas thing is ruined by my wanting to drive more!

Last edited by morty; 07-30-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Short list:

1. Carpet
2. A/C
3. Seat material - lint magnets

The rest is all good and I can live with the above.

Cat :X

Old 07-31-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally Posted by morty
Also the car makes a weird Fluttering sound if the back window is open when driving fast.

That sound makes me nuts! My daughter always wants her window down when she's in the back and I can't stand it. So, up it goes and out comes her attitude.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:10 PM
If you crack the other side just a little, and the fluttering goes away.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:28 AM
5 Year Member
Or just turn up your music drowns out the Noise and the Child Ha HA

Old 08-01-2007, 08:58 AM
I'd have to say:

- Cheap carpet material
- No floor mats come with the car
- Lack of power compared to the Versa
- None of the EQ settings in the Fit Sports' stereo sound good
- Lack of armrest
- Lack of little storage cubbyholes. I really miss my old Tiburon's sunglasses holder that resided in the ceiling. It was very James Bond-ish.

The Zeta armrest should take care of the armrest issue, though. Otherwise, I love my Fit.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Cheap Carpet True
Find me a car today that comes with Car Mats?
Who Cares
Ditto S.A.A.
Ditto S.A.A.
Ditto S.A.A.
Ditto S.A.A.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
exterior wise. i hate the honda's soft paint.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
1. Carpet? What carpet? Oh, that material used as a heat shield under the hood used on the interior and passing for "carpeting". Shame on you Honda because the rest of the interior is of very good quality.
2. Hydroplaning at 55 mph
3. No center armrest

Old 08-02-2007, 04:41 AM
5 Year Member
I have to second that, when I bought my Fit back in March of this year. The first thing MAJOR that happen to it, was the Southside dealer In Jax Fl put swirl marks in the finish from one side to the other. And after 2 BS fix jobs I got PISSED and had them do a Major paint repair. Now I can live with my Fit. I have the Nighthawk Black Pearl I like this car very much and I'm hoping for less problems unlike my last car a P.O.S. vw golf tdi.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by fazzster
1. Carpet? What carpet? Oh, that material used as a heat shield under the hood used on the interior and passing for "carpeting". Shame on you Honda because the rest of the interior is of very good quality.
2. Hydroplaning at 55 mph
3. No center armrest
1. Seems like there is a few who complain about this. Who really cares? 99% of car owners will install floor mats on their vehicles if it didn't already come with one.

2. When your tires wear out, buy better (I recommend bridgestone) ones. Light car + cheap tires = easy hydro.

3. You can purchase the Japanese center armrest if it bothers you that much. I believe it's only $200.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:02 PM
the one thing i can't stand about my FIT is that little window on both the driver and passanger side, that's next to the side view mirrors. i used to have a '99 civic sedan and i guess i just got used to the way that car looks.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Cool

I want the analog coolant temperature guage back, not the indicator light. Not that I dislike about the light but with the gauge I can visually monitor the coolant temperature if and when the motor happens to start overheating.
Otherwise, the Fit is treating me very well. And vice versa.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:57 AM
5 Year Member
i regret getting the fit..the mazda 3 is sooo much better...after riding in my friends mazda 3 i wished that i didnt buy the fit...if you are looking for a sporty car within similar price range look for the mazda 3, b/c it has more horse power, and better looking interior as well as exterior...lol pretty much everything

Last edited by jeimusu86; 08-08-2007 at 05:00 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jeimusu86
i regret getting the fit..the mazda 3 is sooo much better...after riding in my friends mazda 3 i wished that i didnt buy the fit...if you are looking for a sporty car within similar price range look for the mazda 3, b/c it has more horse power, and better looking interior as well as exterior...lol pretty much everything
...except fuel economy, of course. That extra "power" comes at a price, in this case, at the gas pump.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:08 AM
The only thing that comes to mind is the downshifting in S mode. I'm a cautious high mileage driver and I know the roads I drove on inside and out. There's two points on my 15 minute drive to work where it has no need to downshift, but does. It drives me nuts.

OTOH I'm pretty happy with S mode other than this. I bought an AT because my partner can't/won't learn to drive manual. I thought I'd be able to adjust to an automatic better and without the S mode I'm pretty sure I'd be looking at dumping the car for a manual.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:46 AM
new car smell

Just got my fit and the new car smell annoys me. Anyone know a good way to get rid of the new car smell? I don't wan't to mask it with an air freshener, that's just replacing one annoying smell with another, more annoying smell, IMO.

Old 08-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by kathygnome
The only thing that comes to mind is the downshifting in S mode. I'm a cautious high mileage driver and I know the roads I drove on inside and out. There's two points on my 15 minute drive to work where it has no need to downshift, but does. It drives me nuts.
Mine will do the same if I'm going even SLIGHTLY uphill. The 5th gear will carry it, but the comp decides to drop to 4th or sometimes even 3rd in S mode.

Honestly I don't see why the Fit for the US wasn't built (interior wise) more like the JDM one. It just seems like they get more built-in conveniences like the armrest, coin slot, etc. Do they think that US people wouldn't like them, or were they trying to cut costs down even more since they had to ship it here?

I would have liked that armrest

Again though, these are little things. Overall I'm pretty happy with my car.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
water drips,,,

I can only find fault with the fact that after spending alot of time washing and drying my MR/MT I get endless water drops from the door handles and tailgate. Evrytime I open a door or raise the tailgate I got water to wipe up! AAAAAAARRRGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAA

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit