General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 08:33 PM
21 MPG (On a good day)

When driving my Honda Fit, I drive feather foot style (some call it granny style).

If i'm lucky, I get 21 MPG (100% city driving).

Those that say they are getting any better than that
are just lying.

Honda says: "Pfft, get used to it. We never claimed the car gets 30 mpg"

The bottom line is the fit is an 'ok' car at best.
Yes, it's small out the outside, it's HUGE on the inside, it's cute, blah, blah. . . .

But the real truth is this: The Honda Fit is a joke when it comes to gas milage. Hell, my Infiniti G35 coupe gets 19 MPG in the city, does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds! (Hmmm, a car thats as fast as a Porche, but gets mpg almost as good as a Honda Fit? What wrong with this picture.)

Thank God I've the money to put in the tank.
(My heart goes out to all the poor people with Fits.)

I'll keep my Fit, but I don't have to lie about how bad the car is.
People ask me all the time what i think of the the Fit. I don't lie to them.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by LuxuryFit
When driving my Honda Fit, I drive feather foot style (some call it granny style).

are just lying.

Honda says: "Pfft, get used to it. We never claimed the car gets 30 mpg"

The bottom line is the fit is an 'ok' car at best.
Yes, it's small out the outside, it's HUGE on the inside, it's cute, blah, blah. . . .

But the real truth is this: The Honda Fit is a joke when it comes to gas milage. Hell, my Infiniti G35 coupe gets 19 MPG in the city, does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds! (Hmmm, a car thats as fast as a Porche, but gets mpg almost as good as a Honda Fit? What wrong with this picture.)

Thank God I've the money to put in the tank.
(My heart goes out to all the poor people with Fits.)

Maybe just perhaps you need to factor in what ever things there may be that could cause your poor mileage. Stop and go traffic and idling while in rush hour doesn't help.

I think it is quite ignorant to make the acusation that the ppl on this post are lying about their gas mileage.

I drive hard, above 4500rpm most of the time and I still get 500km/tank.. and if i'm driving casually I get close to 600kms. Get your car checked out.. don't call us liars.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:27 PM
5 Year Member
LACK OF POWER!!!! Other than that I'm good

Old 05-11-2007, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
Arrrgh!

Well yes this is my first post as I just bought my Honda Fit exactly 2 week from today.Right off the bat I knew what I didnt like about my new daily driver :
1. The seats are horrible .. well coming from someone who is so used to driving an Infiniti I guess not much can be said about that, but those seats are torture to my back on trips that last longer than 20 minutes

2. The Audio system is horrendous ....The funny part being my Bose equipped Infiniti did not sound any better in all honesty ... another thing I intend on replacing

Oh well nothing alittle TLC cant fix ...

Old 05-11-2007, 11:55 PM
I have the manual sport and drive how I like, for sure not granny style and at worst case I will get 28+ city driving. I believe you have to keep this car closer to the power band to obtain good mileage otherwise the lack of power causes the motor to work to hard. Just my opinion based on experimentation over 13k miles. My average tank has been in the 38mpg range with a best tank of 41+mpg.

Old 05-12-2007, 12:31 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by YeeFit
- No option for OEM center console
Is it something like this your are missing? (in picture number 29)

This is a image from the Norwegian Jazz catalogue over the additional things you can get. The text says something like this:
ROOFCONSOLE.
This smart consoll mounts in the roof and has a flexible storage room for small and fragile items you want to have easy access to but not beeing laying around. Has room for CD's and sunglasses.

Old 05-12-2007, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member

are just lying.
Are you sure that there isn't something wrong with your Fit? (o2 sensor?) I've been around FitFreak for about a year and I have seen one or two people complaining about this terrible gas mileage problem but the overwhelming majority of us, even us AT drivers, are getting 28-31 highway. I am getting 36 on the highway. Perhaps you need to try lead foot driving--there is a post in the eco-fit section about this. We like our Fit more and more all the time and I don't have any reason to lie about it. If I didn't like it I'd sell it and get something else.

Unless this was just a troll...

Old 05-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Civics get 30 city / FIT's get 25 and are smaller

The beef isn't that the car doesn't get EPA mileage, the beef is that it is dinky and gets real world city mileage (with AT) of 25 mpg for most FIT owners. My son"s Civic gets 30 city. There is just flat something wrong with the FIT AT's to do that poorly and, as usual, Honda hides out with excuses and hopes to weather the storm. I believe that is why they are not shipping very many into the country because they know want to limit the number of lemons (and bad lost referrals) until they produce an improved model. Probably a diesel.

Of course, when the recession hits the only thing anyone will be selling is bicycles for the summer and snowshoes for the winter.

Old 05-12-2007, 09:21 AM
5 Year Member

are just lying.

Hmm, I have never had below 30 on a tank where I am not on the road doing city driving (A/C on or off, windows up down, etc.).

And I don't drive like grandma either (unless grandma is Pat Moss-Carlsson).

I would be talking to Honda about this.

Old 05-12-2007, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
I used my A/C today for the first time here in Pittsburgh where it hit about 80 degress and it didn't get nearly cold enough to satisfy me. I'll give it a few more trys before it goes back to the dealer for a check.

BTW, my manual tranny Fit got 30.1 mpg on its first tank of gas which consisted of nothing but around town, stop and go driving with my varying the engine speed more than I normally would for break in purposes. I also did some impromptu acceleration tests when nobody else was around. Next tank should be over 30 mpg easily.

Old 05-12-2007, 08:59 PM
The A/C works fine for me, but my for my passengers, not so much.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Low gas mileage

I can second this. I'm actually getting 16mpg on my AT fit. I haven't even past the 20 mark and been averaging 18mpg since i got it in dec 2006. the town that i live in, the road are pretty smooth with 3-4 stop light per one way trip. Believe me when i say, even a granny would be jealous when it come to the way i drive. i even went to the dealer, which they pretty much gave me the finger, as i was pushing my fit home to save some gas mileage.

Thing i wish the fit have:
-ROOF CONSOLE
-fit 3 big peps comfortably with out hitting shoulder to shoulder (in the back)
-sunroof
-light in glove compartment
-seat warmer
-cup cooler/warmer
-power seating and everything else
-freaking scosche double din
-security system with auto start
-tinted window
-more horse power
-better carpet
-Navigation
-Led light/ hid light
-Better body kit
-Cheaper
*& most importantly, my freakN gas mileage that i was promise! =dream FIT!!!!1

will that pretty much all i can think off.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:17 AM
5 Year Member
Seating position

Pedals too close, steering wheel too far away, causing me to drive with arms fully extended when I adjust the seat to make pedals feel right.

I don't believe people are getting gas mileage in the teens and low 20s. If so, there is something wrong from the factory, or their local gasoline is bad or something. More likely, the person who says the rest of us are lying is just trolling for a reaction. My personal experience (with automatic trans Fit) is from 27 to 37 mpg. Usually around 32-33.

Drove 300 miles on interstates yesterday, got 33 mpg and ran 78 to 82 mph the whole way, and occasionally touched 90 mph. Why would I lie about this? If I wanted to embellish, I could say it was 39 mpg.

Car has 5K miles now, oil life says 40%, so I am still on break-in oil.

Last edited by Steeldog; 05-13-2007 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Maybe people are not calculating properly? What I do is fill up until the pump shuts off, and then I reset my trip meter. At my next fill up, I take the amount of gas it takes to fill up to shutoff, and then divide my trip meter miles by that amount.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Steeldog
Pedals too close, steering wheel too far away, causing me to drive with arms fully extended when I adjust the seat to make pedals feel right.
I feel you on that one. When I had the steering wheel right for my arm, everytime I shifted my foot would gas it up a little so I had to move back so my legs were right but now I reach for the wheel. heh

-One thing I hate is how the door lock is located on the top part of rear door...when I want to put my arm on the door when the window's down, the lock gets in the way of my arm/elbow very annoying.
-Another thing on locks, why does the driver only have the electric door lock.. I always find myself locking my gf in b/c she wants out the car faster than I do hahah
-Wheel sizes are a pain.. my Integra I never worried at all about wheel fitment and offset and rubbing for that matter.
-other misc but overall I'm happy.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Wow

Though I've only had my car a short time and cannot comment on mileage (yet) until I get a larger sample, I am amazed @ some of the complaints!
This is a sub-compact car. Did you think you were going to get heated seats, power everything, tint, cup heaters / coolers... (BliNaruto..?). Maybe the Infinity / Acura lot is where you should be shopping?
The positioning could be better so that more people would be accomodated, but I'm OK as it Fits me well.
I will be getting the dead pedal and center arm rest / console.
To those who are disgusted w/ their car (for whatever reason).. Why complain? The market for these cars is hot... sell it now and get something you want... why be miserable..?
I bought my Fit to be a daily driver, mainly highway, but something nimble, with a hatchback to haul my stuff around when I do errands.
It's got a fine 200W stereo, fun to drive, comfortable (for me), and I got 4 full size humans in the car w/o issue.
And the biggest reason... My pre-teen will learn to drive this extremely safe, economical car in a couple of years.
Be happy...

Old 05-13-2007, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
Options I'd add.

Center console with storage like in the overseas Fits. really would be nice

Sunroof

Leather seat option

Power seat option

Turbo power option

Think like Scion!

Old 05-13-2007, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up What I dont like.

Cloth on seats

and

drivers door barrel. Getting third door barrel fitted this week. Not very happy but spoke to three different people at my local dealer over a couple of weeks and they will now do it under warranty. The first two i spoke to wanted me to pay again.
I just said to way.
If your not happy keep at your dealer until you get what you want or try anothe dealer.

Mine is a 1.4s 2002

Last edited by pauljazz; 05-16-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
After 2 thousand miles my only gripe is I wish it had a 6th gear on the manual. No reason the engine needs to be churning along at 4K RPM at 81 MPH

Old 05-13-2007, 09:47 PM
What?????????

Originally Posted by Super Orange Fit
Though I've only had my car a short time and cannot comment on mileage (yet) until I get a larger sample, I am amazed @ some of the complaints!
This is a sub-compact car. Did you think you were going to get heated seats, power everything, tint, cup heaters / coolers... (BliNaruto..?). Maybe the Infinity / Acura lot is where you should be shopping?

I'm Not complaining, i said that would be my "DREAM FIT" , a guy can dream cant he? The only thing in the message that im actually complaining about is the mpg im getting on my fit.

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit