General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What you DONT like about your Fit

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 10:06 PM
No Worries

i have the heated leather seats, in my Super Duty diesel truck, but I'd love to get better than 18mpg on that fuel guzzler...
I've been reviewing this other Fit link and am learning some neat tricks for increasing fuel economy...
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/eco-fit/

Have you checked / incresed your tire pressure..?

Old 05-13-2007, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
whatever the hell it is, but when I shift it feels like something grabs in every gear to slow me down. I never experienced this before after owning a eg, ek, ep3, and now the fit. I was thinking maybe it's the new clutch, but i dunno

Old 05-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I hate the AT tranny. Fun to drive in S mode which I mostly drive on. But it feels like you have 10 gears. If you granny style it, it'll pull regulary. If you press on the gas pedal a little harder, it sounds like it's jumping to a higher gear. This is on every gear. But I guess it's cuz of that drive by wire crap. I wish it was cable. When I drive around town, the engine revs up and down when I shift gears and it sounds kinda retarded. You AT guys try it,, you'll get what I'm talking about.

I get around 20mpg in the city. I drive pretty heavy footed. I fill my tank all the way up and when it hits half a tank, I figure out my guestimations. The tank itself holds 10 gallons right? or 11? Half a tank is 5 gallons and divide it by the miles you have on your trip meter. I hit around 90+mpg. I just looked at my tripmeter and it shows 160+miles. I'm at 3/4 tank. So I figure I'm around 20mpg in the city.

$16k for a car like this, I didn't expect any luxury parts on the car. I like the way it is. I'm only in the car, max 30 minutes to 45 minutes a day. Going to and from work.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:42 AM
rattling license plate which im sure is easy to fix

i thought something was severely wrong with my transmission when i was first getting used to the shifting because every jerky shift would result in a huge clunk(which i realized was fuel tank sloshing)
not really a dislike, just caught me off guard until i knew what it was

gas mileage should be so much better, although im not necessarily "displeased"

hood easily chips from rocks on highway, although the body kit doesnt seem to (could be solved with pricey 3m i suppose)

didnt have an option for sunroof

no problems yet but i wish the door sills had something to protect the paint (could be solved with pricey 3m again)

back end gets so horribly dirty haha

revs waaaaaay too high at 100km/h, im sure im killing my highway mileage because crusing at 115 to 120 revs at like 3.5-4k

Old 05-14-2007, 01:26 PM
The paint is gorgeous... looking, but it's weak. Hundreds of paint chips already in only 3,100 km...

5th gear too short (or maybe final drive) 120 km/h should not be turning 4,000 rpm.

Fuel mileage should be better (my turbo d series EG made 700 km a 40L tank, why is my fit making 500 km on a 42L tank?), though I'm sure it'll get better after break-in.

No complaints otherwise. Awesome car for sure, just wish it would break-in already so I can push it!

Old 05-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by ~ƒĭŧ ŧяĭא~
The paint is gorgeous... looking, but it's weak. Hundreds of paint chips already in only 3,100 km...

5th gear too short (or maybe final drive) 120 km/h should not be turning 4,000 rpm.

Fuel mileage should be better (my turbo d series EG made 700 km a 40L tank, why is my fit making 500 km on a 42L tank?), though I'm sure it'll get better after break-in.

No complaints otherwise. Awesome car for sure, just wish it would break-in already so I can push it!
Huh? 3100km - You're well past the break-in period aren't you?

Old 05-14-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by jay_cee_in_da_house
Huh? 3100km - You're well past the break-in period aren't you?
Maybe. My dealer won't accept my car for service until the idiot light comes on. I'm not about to push the car with metal shavings from the break-in still floating around in the crankcase, so I remain in break-in mode (read: not too hard, not too soft) until the bloody stealership will take my car for service.

After the first oil change, the stealership won't see my car again, except for warranty issues.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Minor things that could be improved

Or are simply missing:

The lockable glove box, the release mechanisms for gas tank and hatch, the way the doors and hatch don't shut so easily (that's something I never had a problem with in ANY Honda I've owned), the audio steering wheel controls (I most recently had Mazda3, which has a lot of neat features for its class but lousy gas mileage), and a sunroof. Oh, and I'm only averaging 27mpg as a leadfoot when my Civic HX (CVT) usually got 32mpg average with the same leaded foot. (It was rated 35/40.)

Basically, I'd like luxury items in a small, better gas mileage car. I'm hoping for a FIt hybrid, damn the cost! But the handling, parkability, low end torque, and huge interior space are way better than average.

Last edited by ashimakase; 05-18-2007 at 03:11 PM. Reason: wrong wording
Old 05-19-2007, 08:36 PM
i dont like how the gauges are alway lit confuses me i forget to turn the headlights on

Old 05-19-2007, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TomiGunz
I fill my tank all the way up and when it hits half a tank, I figure out my guestimations. The tank itself holds 10 gallons right? or 11? Half a tank is 5 gallons and divide it by the miles you have on your trip meter.
This is completely inaccurate. The fuel tank is not shaped the same throughout.

Old 05-20-2007, 01:35 AM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by Jetydosa
This is completely inaccurate. The fuel tank is not shaped the same throughout.
Its approximate. I will often simply divide my current miles since the last fillup by 10 as a "worst case scenario" for efficiency. For instance, if I ever get to 250 on my trip odometer, I must be hitting at least 25 mpg.

Old 05-22-2007, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by aznguyen316
I feel you on that one. When I had the steering wheel right for my arm, everytime I shifted my foot would gas it up a little so I had to move back so my legs were right but now I reach for the wheel. heh

-One thing I hate is how the door lock is located on the top part of rear door...when I want to put my arm on the door when the window's down, the lock gets in the way of my arm/elbow very annoying.
-Another thing on locks, why does the driver only have the electric door lock.. I always find myself locking my gf in b/c she wants out the car faster than I do hahah
-Wheel sizes are a pain.. my Integra I never worried at all about wheel fitment and offset and rubbing for that matter.
-other misc but overall I'm happy.
I do realize the Fit is an economy car, but I have the same issue with the door locks. There should be a power door switch on the passenger's side. While I am fussing around with parking (setting brake, turning off radio, etc.) my passenger is ready to get out and unload the packages, but has to wait for me to hit the power switch. Reaching the manual lock is not convenient, and does not unlock the tailgate. The Honda Element has the same issue.

While I am on the subject of the power locks, I wish the Element and Fit power lock switch operated the same way. The bump locks the doors on the Fit, and unlocks them on the Element. So not only am I rushed to unlock the doors when parking, I usually get it wrong on the first try. I wish the fit had the same interior lock and handle as my old Integra, with the manual lock, power lock switch, and handle grouped together. I prefer having the lock switches next to the handle; it just seemed to all work more intuitively to me.

Lighting is too weak. I would have liked at least to have the option of ordering map lights.

When I first got the Fit, I missed having an arm rest and dead petal, but I have not even thought about those for a while, so I guess I should not complain about it. I also would turn the radio off while adjusting it, but that hasn’t happened once I got used to the car.

I do not like the placement of the switch that adjusts the dash lighting. In Pennsylvania, when entering a construction zone, we have to turn on our headlights, even during the day. The problem is that I then have to turn the dash lighting to the highest setting to see the radio display. It is not easy trying to fit my big hand through or around the steering wheel to turn that little knob while traveling at highway speeds.

The carpet is incredibly chintzy. I have all-season floor mats, so it is not a big deal, but I would like to see slightly better carpeting or some other sort of floor liner, perhaps a rubber one similar to the one in the Element.

Despite my complaints, the Fit is a blast to drive, handles great, and is well put together. I wanted a roomy, reliable car that would be easy to park in the city and was inexpensive. That is just what I got with the Fit.

Old 05-22-2007, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
All cars have blind spots, I knew My Fit did not have a dead pedal before I got it and I agree with kitty the positives outweight the negatives. I too live in S Fl and agree that tint is a must for this car.
Peace

Old 05-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I just realized a major problem with the 5 speed manual fit, the fuel cut is WAYY too low. Especially in 1st and 2nd gear. Merging onto a congested highway I tend to rev out 1st and 2nd gears, and I while I'm looking over my shoulder at WOT I hit the fuel cut, even though the car still feels like it had more power. I'd like to see an additional 400-500 rpms available.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:39 AM
The only thing Idon't like about mine is the small gas tank and the huge A-pillars

Old 07-04-2007, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
The only things I don't like about the Fit are related to having downgraded (as I see it, although I know some of you would disagree with me on that point) from a car with a nicer interior. If I had $1000 to blow on auto upgrades, I'd 1) put in a dead pedal and center arm rest, 2) replace the carpet, 3) upgrade the audio, 4) install a cargo cover in the back. However, given the price of the car and all the things I do like about it, I can forgive these shortcomings.

I have yet to find the blindspot, and I think the front lip is great. Of course, I haven't scraped it on anything yet, so I might change my mind about that in time. I also have no problems with the gas mileage.

Old 07-07-2007, 03:50 AM
don't like (Sport AT):
-- can't turn on fog lights without turning on headlights -- i want it to work independently.
-- gives me a shock more than my previous car
-- gear shifts down at certain speeds even if in "S" mode
-- can't shift to higher gear unless i reach a predefined speed (useful when i just want to take it easy)
-- jolty transition from gear 1 to 2 in "S" mode

I still love my Fit though!

Old 07-07-2007, 09:31 AM
5 Year Member
"There should be a power door switch on the passenger's side. While I am fussing around with parking (setting brake, turning off radio, etc.) my passenger is ready to get out and unload the packages, but has to wait for me to hit the power switch"

Could be a good child safety feature,,,the kids can't get out untill the drivers sees that it is clear,,,,

Old 07-07-2007, 11:18 AM
I know I replied here before, but now after 5 months, I have something that really bugs me the most about the Fit. The paintjob sucks! It's super-soft. I'm thinking about respraying my front end because the rock chips are just too big and too annoying. For the price you're paying you'd think they would at least use quality paints or at least a harder clear coat.

Old 07-07-2007, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
That's why I got the bra,,,,,,,sure it has it's drawbacks,,,but ALL of them don't add up to the ugly rock marks you get without protection,,,

Quick Reply: What you DONT like about your Fit