General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Warranty Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
warranty

Ask the extended warranty company first. Make a written request. Their written response will stand in any court.

Old 07-22-2006, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
well i assume you are going to get Honda Care only right? It is the only one worth the money! And as for the sunroof, it might void any electrical concern that might occur due to water intrusion pinpointed to leak by that roof! Or any corrosive sheetmetal problems in the future...

Also Honda sent it to the US without the Sunroof also because of chassis ridgitity. They wanted the highest crash test ratings they could get! And for the front Passengers they got it! 5 stars!

Old 07-22-2006, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
follow up

Originally Posted by big Fit
This is a strange one that I have not yet schedualed to have looked at buy the dealer . I plan to do it at the 3000 mile oil change. What happened is the driver window rolled down with out me touching the button... At the same time the side air bag off light illuminated... I called the dealer. I think it may be due that water came inside the car while I was driving. It was light raining and suddenly water gushed in getting my armrest and inside door panel wet. 1000 miles latter and no rain the side air bag light came on and stayed on for a short time.
I have no conclutions about this until I get the car into the dealer. I will keep you posted. I should have it looked at soon
I talked to the dealer they want to look at this at the same time for the first oil change. The sevice department said that there is a recorder device that logs data for them to review on problems like these.

Old 07-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Well, I will be taking my Fit in for service and its first oil change. Just a few days ago the indicator lamp in the cluster came on for the air bag / seatbelt tensioner. A simple disconnect of the battery didn't do anything so, in it goes.

I have around 2600 miles on the car, so, I'll probably have the oil changed as well.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by StormSilverGD3
Well, I will be taking my Fit in for service and its first oil change. Just a few days ago the indicator lamp in the cluster came on for the air bag / seatbelt tensioner. A simple disconnect of the battery didn't do anything so, in it goes.

I have around 2600 miles on the car, so, I'll probably have the oil changed as well.
Don't change the oild until you have at least 5K on the OD. Honda puts additives in the oil from the factory that help with brekin and wear on the internals. Wait until 5K.

Old 08-01-2006, 12:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tucker2
Thanks for the advice. I know it will be a great car; it's just frustrating. The dealer advertises hours of 8-3 on Saturday and sold that to me when I bought the car. When I called yesterday, they said they only had one tech on Saturdays to basically finish up work already in process. That was definately not what I was told before I signed the papers.

I was tired on scrambling for rides and arrangements to get to work around maintenance in an 11 year old car. That's WHY I bought a new car...

On the good side, this site is awesome. Another thread reminded me that the ac comes on automatically when you run the defroster, so that's what I am doing. Much better... Why couldn't their service tech think of that one temporarily??? THANKS!
For warranty, can't u take it to any dealer with a service department?

Old 08-02-2006, 04:20 AM
Broken handbrake cover

After quite some time, I managed to get my picture on this machine. You will get the idea what the problem is when you see it. They are not of the best quality, but...

Just bellow the handbrake base, you can see broken piece of plastic. Once again, I have 2002 Honda Jazz 1.4ES

Enjoy Jazzin' and Fittin'

Old 08-02-2006, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
Paint concerns

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/show...3006#post73006

Just want to make those reading this topic aware of the paint concern on bumpers recently seen. Follow the link for a discussion with photos.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Tucker2
We lowered the rear passenger window today. When it was raised, the rubber sill on the inside came loose. Between the low gas mileage and a warranty repair within the first week, I am really disappointed.
this is weird, i put one of those shades for the kids on the rear window and it has a suckion cup. of course i pushed the rear window down by mistake and the suction cup ruin tha rubber! pushed in down and i couldnt get it back up. now its lose and messy looking. and i get the 20 mpg. nice.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:42 PM
I had a problem after a week I notice the inner rear door window trim was sucked into the door. First they order the wrong part thinking all the trim would need to be replaced not just the squeegy (spell.). Then when they did get the correct part they repaired it but used a screw driver to pry the arm rest off the door. Needless to say the screwed up the plastic. So much for "you'll have a honda master certified mechanic working on your care". Haven't been back to that dealer since. They did offer to fix but I was leary at that point.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:52 PM
i have the Black base Fit.

my paint job is awful. i will check out that thread later. but i have been so unhappy with my paint.

i also have a MPG problem = i am averaging 20 mpg city

also guys i left my gas cap off after filling up this morning and nothing happened-- what does that mean? why didn't i get an annoyed by some stupid light?

I tried to place my Sirius radio on the smooth part of the dash board - right over the air conditioner vents - um, don't ever use alcohol there. took the black right off.

anyone think that would be covered under warranty?

also the engine cold light stays on for about a minute after i start the car and drive. is that normal? its like 100 degrees out.

Old 08-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Talking

[quote=FrogDaddy]I had a problem after a week I notice the inner rear door window trim was sucked into the door. First they order the wrong part thinking all the trim would need to be replaced not just the squeegy (spell.). Then when they did get the correct part they repaired it but used a screw driver to pry the arm rest off the door. Needless to say the screwed up the plastic. So much for "you'll have a honda master certified mechanic working on your care". Haven't been back to that dealer since. They did offer to fix but I was leary at that point.[/

i used a pencil to pry up that squeegy part. and yes its not pretty - thats why i didnt do the other door. - i just left it and will add it to the list. I am not used to treating a car so gently. this is like a toy. i have owned a mazda, a honda - jeez a lot of cars. this is not something i am good at. i am not a kid. a car is not may life. its supposed to work for me. yea i know waaa waaa waaa!

Old 08-11-2006, 02:20 PM
iwillfit
I am fascinated by the talk of people getting 20's for MPG. I would really like to know how you drive, how long you're in the car when you drive, etc. The engine cold light staying on has nothing to do with how hot it is outside. I'm not sure why you would use alcohol on the dash anyway? To clean the mounting location?

I have yet to get less than 31 MPG combined city/highway and all highway I have gotten over 40 MPG. I live in crazy hot Texas, and so the A/C is always on but I don't take the car past 3K RPM and I brake slowly.

Old 08-12-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by iwillfit
I am fascinated by the talk of people getting 20's for MPG. I would really like to know how you drive, how long you're in the car when you drive, etc. The engine cold light staying on has nothing to do with how hot it is outside. I'm not sure why you would use alcohol on the dash anyway? To clean the mounting location?

I have yet to get less than 31 MPG combined city/highway and all highway I have gotten over 40 MPG. I live in crazy hot Texas, and so the A/C is always on but I don't take the car past 3K RPM and I brake slowly.
I live in NYC (staten island), all driving is stop and go. lights and light traffic (in a nyc kind of way). my trips are short, the island i live on is 25 miles long and not very wide. highway drives are about 10% of my driving.

the car is auto so i really dont know how to control rpms. yes i drive kind of fast. 40 in city traffic only to stop at a light. but um, not like we have a choice. i brake slowly if possible. i tried driving in a lower gear like 3 but it didnt help. I drove the same way in my 1995 honda civic, got the same mpg. that car was in bad shape. but it didnt have A/C.

the manual that came with the radio said to clean the area (window or dash) where you want to mount your radio with the alcohol pad that came with the kit. i did that. big mistake. big grey mark.

wow 40 mpg, that is amazing. i cant believe driving style can make a difference of 20 mpgs.

Old 08-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Check your rear seats!

My Fit is getting new floor latches for the rear magic seats. I brought it in to complain about how my seats would not stay locked in the down position but would bounce loose over big bumps. So much for rear passenger crash proctection. The parts had to be ordered, took a week and now I go in on Monday. I still love my car, get approx. 27 miles to the gallon...I live in LA, commute a whole 5 miles to work (heh heh) and never drive on the highway. Not too bad. My old Subaru got 19-20mpg so I'm almost happy. My orange paint is great so that's not a problem. The seat and upholstery are cheap but people, the car is 16K. It looks cheap because it is cheap. There's definitely a palpable difference when I climb into my wife's leather clad, nav equipped Murano. She laughs when she drives my car. Calls it a go- kart. I like my go-kart better.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
I got 28MPG on my first tank full in my sport AT, from the dealership. I'm hopeing the tank wasn't filled all the way. I barely tap the gas pedal, and I don't like using AC... and even then, I'm still driving slow to "break in" the engine. We'll see what the second tank gives me MPG wise.

PS: I also have a 2 mile trip to work... in the city... and its stop and go almost all the way there.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
quote from iwillfit...I am fascinated by the talk of people getting 20's for MPG. I would really like to know how you drive, how long you're in the car when you drive, etc.
snip.

well, first thing, is never drive below 3k rpm! pin it, punch it, floor it, drive it wfo, come on dawg nail it, drive it like you stole it. if its a 5at, like mine, wait till it stutters at redline, then shift, with practise you can shift right before it stutters. using the left paddle will only allow downshifting without hurting it.
wait till the last second to brake hard, and jump on the binders and pitch it around the corners. dont have anything loose in the back as it will fly around and hit the sides flopping back and forth.

in all seriousness, driving the fit without going over 3k is almost an impossibility, in my area with large hills, and canyons winding roads, within reason. I'm sure someone could, can, and do drive like that, but thats not what I bought. I bought a car that does a lane change faster than a corvette, has a 109hp 1.5L V-TEC, and I plan to use it. our mpg average is 26.0, and best is almost 31 mpg.
we dont drive on the freeway, and I try to go the long way home to stay out of parking lot like traffic situations, (whats it gonna be like when school starts on copperhill near McBean in santa clarita?) but I dont needlessly try to get poor mpg, and often just push it into N when coming up to traffic trains, or see a stop light ahead thats not green.

I"m not going to the dealer and ask them whats wrong with the mpg.
joe

Old 08-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Joe that was well said.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:20 PM
One thing to ponder

Instead of focusing or dwelling on our mileage not reaching the 32-38 range on the window sticker let's remember that these are only guidelines or averages. So...if one car's sticker says 32mpg and another model says 27mpg, the 32mpg rated car will still have better mileage. My wife's car stated 22mpg city and we get 16mpg average. Like it or not we're still getting great mileage in my opinion, while not being hypnotized into a prius induced habit of driving like a grandma to try and achieve that model's inflated claimed mpg also. I don't know. Maybe I made one too many espressos today.

Old 08-17-2006, 08:08 AM
went to the dealer yesterday. he said the paint problem was due to everything but honda. i told him about our forum and all the problems we are having. he was "shocked". but his dealership has only sold about 10 fits. i am having a Fit right now.

he then told me how ugly a paint job would be. and i would be sorry if i honda approved it and i had it done. he said the paint would only be warrented for one year and not the 3 years. huh?

he was also no help with my mpg problem. nothing wrong with my car according to the computer. what ever happened to driving the car to feel if something is wrong?

I have to go back this morning when the regional manager is there. see what he has to say.

i will keep you guys posted. but i must tell you as much as i love this car i am totally disgusted by these major problems the dealer and Honda doesnt seam to taking seriously, i dont know what to do from here. i am at the point of trading this thing in for a versa. but i messed up the dash with alcohol. i am a total wreck right now. dont have the energy for this.

Quick Reply: Warranty Repairs