General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Warranty Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 10:11 AM
i don't usually trust car clock..i know they are always off -/+ 5 min...
i alwasy get approx. time form them...

Old 02-24-2007, 10:18 AM
5 Year Member
Mine gained about 1 minute/month.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:51 PM
5 Year Member
Update on the recall for airbag SRS:
I took my Fit in for a 9 AM appointment at my local dealer. Arrived about 15 min. early, brought a book and expected to camp out for half a day. I had a couple of anxious minutes, because even though I had the letter from Honda America in hand (!! Note -- be sure you take that letter!), the service advisor told me it was "open" and explained that meant the dealer had no record of my Fit being recalled. I pointed out that in the letter it specified the VIN, and directed me to call my dealer for an appointment. Since I had already called, I figured they had found me in the computer when they booked the appointment. I told her I'd just as soon leave and come back when they're ready. She read the letter, rechecked the computer, then apologized. Upshot -- my AT Sport was in at 9 AM, out at 10:40, and I had other work done along with the safety recall. I had already bought a pollen & dust filter, which they installed for free. They also installed an engine filter, only charging for the parts, not labor. I asked them to have a look at the wiper blades, explaining that they had been rubbing on the windows ever since I got the car, and had probably deteriorated by now anyway. And I mentioned the Honda Fit Forum, the problems people had been having with the wipers, and that several people had solved the problem by reversing the inserts so the lettering didn't rub against the glass. She just smiled, and made a note of the problem. They replaced the wiper blades under warranty, no charge for parts or labor. Also got a free wash! Per a previous post, after having spent 2 1/2 hours just for an oil change, I was expecting a much longer wait this time. As I said earlier, even though they had to do the recall work for free, they got a little extra business out of me. I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't charge me labor for anything, except for the pollen/dust (cabin) filter installation. (I was going to do it myself, because the parts dept. said it would be $40 for installation. They charged $25.50 for labor to install the cabin filter, $26.85 for a new engine filter (which I asked for) and everything else was free. I'll let you know next time it rains whether the wiper noise was fixed by replacing the blades.

Anyone know why the manual doesn't even mention the engine filter? When I had an o&f change, the tech showed me how dirty it was and offered to install one for free if I wanted to pick up the part (Honda sold me the pollen filter by mistake, which was due for changing, too -- that's in the manual, but the engine filter isn't). It's a snap to install the engine filter -- even I can do that -- so I told the service advisor that if there was a charge, just give me the part (and she said installation was free).

And by the way, if you want to take a trip to Florida: They have a Storm Silver Sport AT on the lot, MSRP plus a $395 "administrative fee". (Southeastern Honda in Palm Bay)

Last edited by FondaFit; 02-24-2007 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Corrected information in sentence on labor costs.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:11 PM
mwr
5 Year Member
Wow, sounds like the dealer was on the ball today. Glad you didn't have to waste half a Saturday.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member
Red face

Originally Posted by Vladan
I have Jazz 1.4ES sept2002

I had only one small problem, plastic bit under the handbrake broke. It prevents dust from getting in this part of the tunnel.
I asked a service and they told me that it is not under warranty and that it is just a bit of plastic. I called Honda in UK (where this centre for Europe is) and they provided me with the right contact in Hungary. He just saw my pictures and looked at the data and shipped the part to the nearest Honda service station to my country (at that time there were no Honda services in Serbia). As far as I see it, it is not the problem that it broke, it is the problem that the service does not recognise that because I am not Hungarian. On the other hand, people who care about Honda and its good reputation can do miracles about any legitimate problem.
I will buy a Honda next time for sure...
Hi Vladan,

First up, I agree that your English is great. I feel very bad for people who have to learn English as a second language... English is so messed up!

Anyway, My boyfriend and I have had our Fit for about seven months and are a bit over 19,000km already. That same piece of plastic under the handbrake broke on our car, too. I was wondering, how cold was it the day yours broke? Ours broke during a really cold snap (>-15C) and when I pulled the piece out it was stiff. When I went into the dealer (they are ordering the replacement part now) I was surprised that it was flexible because when it broke it felt like hard plastic.

I think that whatever plastic they use doesn't like the cold. So I am curious if it was cold when yours broke, too.

Digi

Old 02-26-2007, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by klara
Hi,

I have a rather strange problem with my Honda Jazz. The clock is running to slow, about 1 minute per month. The dealer has already changed the radio once, but the clock is still slow. The funniest part being that it is only slow when its cold outside. All summer it was fine, but when the temperature is decreasing below zero Celcius, the clock is to slow again.
I have been told that Honda had a production problem with the clocks. Has anyone had this problem?
Hi Klara,

I have the opposite problem. I gain about a minute every few weeks. I didn't notice it until recently (winter now) so I can't say for sure if it was okay during the summer or if I just didn't know it. Now I pay attention to CBC (Canada's NPR) at 1pm when they have their "official time signal". I'm not too concerned about it but now that I've heard other people have this problem, I'll keep paying attention when the weather goes back up.

I'm not much of an electronic engineer (just a wanna-be) but maybe they use a quartz crystal for the time signal that loses it's accuracy in the cold? Would be a possible way to save a few pennies per car...

Digi

Old 02-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Frank Patrick
Airbag recall-Warranty

speaking of warranty- I for one wish to applaud Honda for insistance on getting the recent airbag recall out to effected customers- even before many dealers got it- just had the fix done a my dealer(about 1hr) re-program/authentcate, ext.!!

Old 02-27-2007, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FondaFit
They charged $25.50 for labor to install the cabin filter, $26.85 for a new engine filter (which I asked for) and everything else was free.
Oh my! If you knew how easy that filter change is, you would realize that that is highway robbery. If you open the glove box, take everything out and then and push the little tabs on the sides that hold it in the dash and let it swing open all the way. There is a little tray back there, you slide it out pop out the old filter and pop the new one in. 5 min. max. So at 8% of $100/per hr dealer rate = $8! Then another 5 min. for the air filter and you got $16 total. You paid for that other labor one way or another.

Originally Posted by FondaFit
Anyone know why the manual doesn't even mention the engine filter?
Air filter or Oil filter? Oil filter should be changed ever oil change. Air filter is one of the maintenance items under the maintenance minder on the dash and IS covered in the manual. Those categories are all that's really mentioned in the manual but read them carefully and everything is there. Although the brake fluid needs to be completely changed every 3 years no matter the mileage.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Exclamation Head unit and warranty

2 day ago I got a problem whit the head unit, it just stop working, it just stay off like a fuse problem, but I check the fuses ( but first I disconect the battery then check fusses) and evrething is ok, then I took my car to the dealer and told them what happen, they said "just because you disconect the battery you voided the warranty, you'll have to pay $95.00 just to open the center panel and look for the problem and $45.00 if we need to remplace any fuses, if none of these thing are the problems then we have to remplace the head unit like $850.00 + labor.
so take care whit the warranty

Old 03-01-2007, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
dude thats the biggest load of crap i have ever heard. tell em to go f**k off and take ur car to another dealership cuz ur from tustin, CA and there are tons of other honda dealerships out there. take it to one of em n tell em that the headunit doesnt work anymore. They can't void a warranty for disconnecting a battery. If u dont wanna do that, talk 2 jdmchris.com he works at rock honda and he can get it fixed under warranty.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:35 PM
lol that is the funniest thing i ever heard

Old 03-01-2007, 01:41 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
it is covered under warranty.... the only way it wouldnt be covered is if you added something aftermarket to your stereo system IE: aftermarket Ipod link, rewiring for soundsystem. but if its stock its covered. That dealership is full of BS.... make a call to their customer service rep. you might be able to get some free oil changes or something.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I Already Went To 3 Of The Nearest Dealerships, And They All Told Me The Same S***, Caled Costumer Service And The Same, They Want Me To Pay Like $1000.00 For The Service Including The F... Stereo, Damn My Car Has Only 3500 Miles And Exactly 2 Months Used, I F... Can't Belive It. AND ALL THIS JUST BECAUSE I DISCONECTED THE BATTERY.
I Don't Know What To Do.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:59 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
thats complete BS.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Do Not Let Them Win.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:25 PM
call American Honda customer service and explain problem

Call Honda's national Automobile Customer Service at 1-800-999-1009 and ask them what is happening. If all you did is disconnect the battery then whatever the problem is it should be covered under warranty.

Old 03-01-2007, 06:27 PM
I know is BS, I am going to see what can I do , I'll let you know.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:06 PM
I did Call Honda's national Automobile Customer Service but they told the same BS so I am complainig in BBB and see what happens.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:13 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
actually, Carter Honda in Vancouver BC also charged me 7 hours of labour to find a loose ground wire. They said that becasue i have HID's it caused the ground to be loosened. I told them that i didnt' undo any bolts becaseu i took the plastic skidplate off not the bumper and they said that i was full of it!!

BTW, the same thing has happened to me. THE radio will just stop workign for a few seconds and/or minutes and come right back on. I got mine replaced under warranty and it still does it sometimes!!!

Old 03-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Honda will/should cover it...... that is what warranty is for isn't it???

Quick Reply: Warranty Repairs