General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Warranty Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:55 AM
Banned
RedAndy how many miles on your car?

Old 04-04-2008, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by claymore
RedAndy how many miles on your car?
It's a bit over 17k.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:42 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
I have just under 30k miles on my car, and the A/C light stopped working (note: the A/C still functioned properly). It's not the green light that turns on when you turn on the A/C, but the light that illuminates the "A/C" lettering when you turn on your headlights at night. Anyway, I brought it in to the dealer and they replaced the A/C switch under warranty and everything is A-OK, to my knowledge.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:50 PM
question

so for example, If I purchase a new fit, throw coilovers and wheels is the warrenty ruined? Would I have to throw stock suspension and wheels back on when i bring in?

Old 06-10-2008, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HasteTheMoment
so for example, If I purchase a new fit, throw coilovers and wheels is the warrenty ruined? Would I have to throw stock suspension and wheels back on when i bring in?
The warranty won't be ruined. The coilovers/springs will only affect the warranty IF they were the cause of whatever mishap, um, happened.

Old 06-14-2008, 12:28 AM
3K miles and fit a fiddle fit

3K miles and fit a fiddle fit, absolutely no problems, getting 36.5 mpg mixed driving.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:15 AM
morning starting problem

my 07 fit AT having starting problem every morning (7 igions), and back to normal (4 igions) at the rest of the day. Had a battary replace under warranty, It solved the problem at the first few weeks, and i happened again. Dealer said they checked all the electic system. they all normal. I m thinking if is the fuel supply problem...
1 Question to my FIT brothers and sisters. when you drive, do u feel pluses come from the shift stick? i can feel pluses from the stick when i give gas, is this normal? or i got a bad fuel pump?

Old 06-25-2008, 01:34 PM
A/C Condenser Damaged by Rock??

Just wondering if anyone else has had their A/C condenser "damaged by a rock or road debris?" I've got less than 7K on my Fit, which I bought less than a year ago, but the dealer says this problem is not covered by warranty and then quoted me about $600 to fix it. They have yet to show me the damage, but it seems to me that the condenser should be better shielded and that this problem might be a design or manufacturing flaw.

To add insult to injury, the dealer's shuttle service totally forgot to pick me up and they're not doing anything to compensate for that terrible customer service.

Anyone out there that can commiserate with me and give me some tips?

Old 07-16-2008, 11:21 PM
Question Transmission question -- can't coast to a stop

I'm a new Fit owner (just hit 650 miles!) and am very pleased with the car. I've only had one big question and it's related to my automatic transmission. I can't seem to coast to a stop. It will coast and then jerk to a stop. The dealership checked it out and said the transmission was fine and they didn't feel the issue. Has anyone else experienced this issue or perhaps have an explanation/solution to offer?

Old 07-17-2008, 01:40 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by AMG24
I'm a new Fit owner (just hit 650 miles!) and am very pleased with the car. I've only had one big question and it's related to my automatic transmission. I can't seem to coast to a stop. It will coast and then jerk to a stop. The dealership checked it out and said the transmission was fine and they didn't feel the issue. Has anyone else experienced this issue or perhaps have an explanation/solution to offer?
Bought my At Sport in 09/06, and no such problem with mine. If your problem is a real mechanical defect that the dealer just wants to pretend is not there, your transmission will fail within the warranty period. I guess that's good news. How and where the failure occurs won't be good news (when was the last time you had absolutely nothing to do, were bored, and walked outside and noticed you had a flat tire?).

Old 07-21-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
Bought my At Sport in 09/06, and no such problem with mine. If your problem is a real mechanical defect that the dealer just wants to pretend is not there, your transmission will fail within the warranty period. I guess that's good news. How and where the failure occurs won't be good news (when was the last time you had absolutely nothing to do, were bored, and walked outside and noticed you had a flat tire?).
Thanks for the "silver lining"! I'm going to bring it back to the dealer and get them to drive it with me. May or may not make a difference!

Old 07-29-2008, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
i took my fit to a Honda dealership in CA and they service techs there are very stupid they didnt even know what they were talking about.

I took my car in cause i heard some kinda water noise everytime i start my car in the morning cause its cold(happens everytime its cold) and i have no idea what it was so when i took it on the guy said that it was my brakes. I knew that it was bullshit already. At the time i did need new brakes, so i got them replaced and it still made that noise.

All i know it that some of the Honda Techs don't even know how to do there job correctly.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
I hear it too!

Originally Posted by Spyderfenix
i took my fit to a Honda dealership in CA and they service techs there are very stupid they didnt even know what they were talking about.

I took my car in cause i heard some kinda water noise everytime i start my car in the morning cause its cold(happens everytime its cold) and i have no idea what it was so when i took it on the guy said that it was my brakes. I knew that it was bullshit already. At the time i did need new brakes, so i got them replaced and it still made that noise.

All i know it that some of the Honda Techs don't even know how to do there job correctly.
Yes, I notice the same noise in the morning. Does it happen just as you start moving? It is the gas in the tank. Funny that it is the only time I hear it...perhaps because it is quiet in the morning (no radio/ac blowing), and the gas settles a bit to one side when I park (since I park on the side of a street).

Old 07-30-2008, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
yea only happens when my car first moves and if the engine is cold.

not sure whats the problem though.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
i got extended warranty on my car as well but i recently went to the dealership and he said that its out of warranty.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
I have just under 30k miles on my car, and the A/C light stopped working (note: the A/C still functioned properly)..
Not happy to see that My wifes 99 Accord has over time lost most of the dash lights. Looks like Honda eng is not to good on lights.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:46 PM
I have had my Fit for 8 months now. I like my car. People are right about the things though. Rocks love the hoods of the cars especially. Logging is a big industry where i live also though, so getting behind them on my 50 mile commute to work is a little rough on the car's body. Are any of the 08s effected by the warranty? I have barely heard anything. I test my mileage by dividing miles driven by gallons pumped. on 89 octane, I get almost 40mpg with the A/C off in the morning and on in the afternoon with a mix of city and highway driving. We're going to Six Flags in GA this weekend, I'll let ya know what mileage I get on the trip. it's about a 180 mile trip of mostly interstate.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by reynoler
Just wondering if anyone else has had their A/C condenser "damaged by a rock or road debris?" I've got less than 7K on my Fit, which I bought less than a year ago, but the dealer says this problem is not covered by warranty and then quoted me about $600 to fix it. They have yet to show me the damage, but it seems to me that the condenser should be better shielded and that this problem might be a design or manufacturing flaw.

To add insult to injury, the dealer's shuttle service totally forgot to pick me up and they're not doing anything to compensate for that terrible customer service.

Anyone out there that can commiserate with me and give me some tips?
i have a fit and an element, the element just had to have the condensor replaced due to a rock hitting it. also at the cost of over 600 dollars. not covered by warranty, due to it being caused by a rock, not a defect. most cars have very exposed condensors, thats how they stay cool. im not sure of your knowledge of cars, but the condensor sits in front of the radiator, so its easy to get pegged by a rock. i would suggest an aftermarket or homemade grill or screen to protect it.

Old 08-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Think I'm going to see if I can do something to protect the condenser :-) before I take a hit. Anyone do that yet??

Old 08-07-2008, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Would the insurance cover that??? I know if a rock chips ur whinshield its coverd. So i would think that would be covered to.

Quick Reply: Warranty Repairs