General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Warranty Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 11:33 PM
No issues, sorry to hear about the problems you are having. Not typical with everyone I know that has an 07 or 08 FIT

Old 08-24-2009, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
Car: 07 Honda Fit Sport, 12k miles.

Problem: Rear wiper made horrible grinding noises, then stopped working.

Repair: Honda has ordered me a new rear wiper motor to replace the dead one.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:10 AM
EPS control unit replaced under warranty 07 sport auto

07 sport auto
EPS control unit for power steering failure warranty work done last week
mileage - 50k km

Several times over the past few months the power steering would fail at ignition. Re-start solved it several times. Dealership said loose fuse. Turns out that was baloney. Re-start woud re-set unit.

Most recently, the re-start wouldn't fix it. They replaced the EPS but I am finding the steering MUCH heavier than before.
Has anyone else had this done and found the same thing? I have searched the forums for a few hours with no luck.

I know the steering is different as I have 2 bad shoulders. Before...not an issue with steering. Now...it hurts them - I could scratch the palm of my hand up and down the steering wheel and not move the car (at 80km) It hurts my shoulders to make minor adjustments in steering.

Anyway fyi....there is a TSB on the EPS. The light was NOT on when I went to the dealer. They agreed with the symptoms and replaced. Glad it is fixed but wish my steering was like it has been for the past two years...smooth and easy...not tight.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by reynoler
Just wondering if anyone else has had their A/C condenser "damaged by a rock or road debris?" I've got less than 7K on my Fit, which I bought less than a year ago, but the dealer says this problem is not covered by warranty and then quoted me about $600 to fix it. They have yet to show me the damage, but it seems to me that the condenser should be better shielded and that this problem might be a design or manufacturing flaw.

To add insult to injury, the dealer's shuttle service totally forgot to pick me up and they're not doing anything to compensate for that terrible customer service.

Anyone out there that can commiserate with me and give me some tips?
Just a follow up on this...the dealer ended up paying for a new condenser because they could not show me the damage--it was actually a manufacturing defect covered under warranty. If anyone else gets this line from a dealer, ask them to show you the damage.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:33 PM
I have a 2007 Fit Sport Manual, now with around 90,000 kms.
Two weeks ago I got my rear wiper replaced (it was ripped and wasn't working), as well as the clutch sensor.
I brought it in because I would push the clutch all the way in, and the car wouldn't turn over. After pumping the clutch a few times and trying again it would start.
They replaced the part under warranty, as well as the rear wiper. I have full warranty to 160,000kms.

This is why I love Honda.

Old 12-25-2009, 10:33 PM
2008 Fit.
Took it in to get the clock fixed. Under warranty.
Twenty one visits and at least $8000 in repairs later its seems ok.
I've had enough though.
Traded it on a Mazda3. Bye bye Honda..........

Old 12-25-2009, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ricohman
2008 Fit.
Took it in to get the clock fixed. Under warranty.
Twenty one visits and at least $8000 in repairs later its seems ok.
I've had enough though.
Traded it on a Mazda3. Bye bye Honda..........
Damn dude, Lemon Law much?

Well, sorry about the bad luck. I really hope your Mazda treats you better.

Digi

Old 12-26-2009, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Digimer
Damn dude, Lemon Law much?

Well, sorry about the bad luck. I really hope your Mazda treats you better.

Digi
No lemon law here in Canada.
The Fit was great but I won't own a car that cannot be serviced.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
25k and no problems yet. But i think they just make them to survive until the 36k warranty and then everything goes wrong.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by whitey810
25k and no problems yet. But i think they just make them to survive until the 36k warranty and then everything goes wrong.

I've got more than twice that and have never had a hint of a problem. Only oil changes. No worries!

Old 11-09-2010, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Car: 08 Honda Fit Sport MT, 41k miles.

Problem: Front passenger cv boot leaking grease/abs cable ripped.

Repair: Honda ordered new parts, covered by powertrain AND the extended warranty I regretted getting because i planned on mod'ing but it helped me out this time . Total price for repairs and new parts would've been $255.

Old 11-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gnarlyj3rick
Car: 08 Honda Fit Sport MT, 41k miles.

Problem: Front passenger cv boot leaking grease/abs cable ripped.
wow, what's the cause of these problems?

Old 11-09-2010, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctordoom
wow, what's the cause of these problems?
No clue, only noticed when I was switching out my wheels. Pulled off the OEM wheel and felt grease on the inside, looked and bam, grease everywhere.

I don't know if it being lowered caused it.. But they still covered it No clue though what caused it.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:06 PM
When I bought my fit in October 2010, it already had carpet floormats installed. I didn't like the carpet ones, so I bought the Honda rubber mats to replace them. I'm not too thrilled about how the carpet had to be cut and the clips for the floormats had to be clipped onto the cut carpet for them to stay into place. Whenever I get in or out of my fit, I push on the the floormat with my feet, and it is tearing the carpet. I havent gone to the dealer yet to see what they will do about it, but I was just bringing it up in this thread to see if anyone else is having the same problems as me.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:47 AM
hey, just making a post

Old 02-26-2011, 01:49 AM
Buy the original HONDA Carpets and won't have any problem.
They came with the logo FIT and have hooks to hold them. (never goes loose !
Luis

Old 03-30-2011, 06:42 AM
For me, the Honda Fit offered the best combination of practicality, fuel economy, and driving excitement.

Last edited by nicholebeautiful; 04-07-2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
I love my fit. I had a 1990 Honda Prelude which I loved and finally sold it to an 18 yr. ole kid who could work on it. My honda fit is 2 years old well..26 months. It has nearly 17,000 miles on it. How often should I change the oil (really) and should I do anything even though I don't have any problems..don't want any surprises. Can't say I really trust dealer-service

Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by llachef
I love my fit. I had a 1990 Honda Prelude which I loved and finally sold it to an 18 yr. ole kid who could work on it. My honda fit is 2 years old well..26 months. It has nearly 17,000 miles on it. How often should I change the oil (really) and should I do anything even though I don't have any problems..don't want any surprises. Can't say I really trust dealer-service
My recommendation is to do the service that the car suggests, when the car suggests it. The engineers at Honda have done a good job with the internal diagnostics and the mileage minder does pay attention to how you drive your car. The systems recommend the service you need and only the service you need.

I still take my Fit to the dealer after 60,000 miles, but I have to insist that they stick to just the service that the car suggests.

For some reason, I trust the people in lab coats that designed the car more than the people in greasy overalls with a job description that includes trying to get me to hand over more money.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member
my fit

well thank you for your input...MMMMM you must have a heafty car insurance bill per year! Are you married? haha Just kidding...

Quick Reply: Warranty Repairs