General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Warranty Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 12:40 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Warranties

hey, i took my car to get warranties. They car chargign me 7 HOURS!!! to find a loose ground wire. They blamed it on HID's. EVENTHOUGH i didnt' undo that bolt. i HIGHLY recommend turnig EVERYTHING back to stock BEFORE you take your car to the dealer!!!

PS: THE total bill came to $988.75 after taxes!!!! 7 Hours to find a loose wire??? THAT"S ONE CRAPPY MECHANIC!!!!

Old 01-31-2007, 01:03 AM
5 Year Member
Damn are you serious? EFFFF!!!! Yeah after having my second oil change at the Honda Dealer I think it will be my last time going back unless it is for something that would be covered under warranty. The second time I took my Fit to get its oil changed the dealer had noted that I had a modified intake (that was my only mod at the time) but yeah if you go to the dealer take off anything that could possibly void your warranty.

Old 02-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Problem not fixed

My fit is going back into the shop tomorrow, the water leak problem hasn't been fixed. I was so mad last Thursday after a big rain storm.

The plus side is that the same guy that helped me before was really concerned when I went in on Friday, so tomorrow morning I get to take it back in and be without my fit for another week, I am really wishing now that I had gone with the Civic that I saw the day I got my fit.

Old 02-05-2007, 02:00 AM
5 Year Member
tiny cuts in black plastic door frame

I've owned my Fit about a month, but just noticed these tiny cuts in the two front doors black plastic 'frame", the part between the window and rubber. Hard to describe in words, but these photos make it clearer. You can see the lunar mist paint color shining through. Weird how it's exactly the same place in left and right front doors--perhaps from some kind of tape used in transporting to dealer? Is there any easy way to patch this, or should I take it in for warrantee?

Last edited by jkandell; 02-05-2007 at 02:04 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Thumbs down Tranny and engine issue

Just a brief note to say that it appears that my trany is not working. I have no reverse and the car kicks like it has a shift kit(both after it is warm). I also had the engine indicator come on today. I am frustrated by this and annoyed. It just rolled to 10k miles. I will keep everyone posted from here, but the dealership better pray they dont jerk me around. I have rebuilt many engines and transmissions. I know my rights, and I work with the public, which they like to hear about when I tell them that I can share the information with MANY people daily. Anyone else encountered this issue. Thank God I have two cars....in addition last two tanks with 80% highway hafve yielded 23.45 mpg. Pathetic!

Old 02-11-2007, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mjrossman17
Just a brief note to say that it appears that my trany is not working. I have no reverse and the car kicks like it has a shift kit(both after it is warm). I also had the engine indicator come on today. I am frustrated by this and annoyed. It just rolled to 10k miles. I will keep everyone posted from here, but the dealership better pray they dont jerk me around. I have rebuilt many engines and transmissions. I know my rights, and I work with the public, which they like to hear about when I tell them that I can share the information with MANY people daily. Anyone else encountered this issue. Thank God I have two cars....in addition last two tanks with 80% highway hafve yielded 23.45 mpg. Pathetic!
man that sucks. you have a/t right? let us know what the code is if you can. Hope everything works out.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:51 AM
I've been without my fit for almost 2 weeks now, but Honda got nice and got me a rental, but it is a PT loser, I seriously want to drive it into the wall. Damn I want my fit back.

Old 02-18-2007, 01:39 PM
I will be taking my fit to the dealer because of an srs issue. I believe they just have to reflash the srs module. But, the fact that I have to take it to a dealer sucks. I trust no one working on my car. I am a tech for subaru and I've seen how some tech's work. I just don't trust them. Would rather have honda work something out where reflashes and updates could be done at home without having to take it to a hack to do. I had recieved a survey in the mail about doing reflashes and updates at your own convience by having honda sending you a cd that will work in your cd player to update any control module on the vehicle. Hopefully this will go down in the near future. Will update after repairs are done.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:30 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Hondady
I will be taking my fit to the dealer because of an srs issue. I believe they just have to reflash the srs module. But, the fact that I have to take it to a dealer sucks. I trust no one working on my car. I am a tech for subaru and I've seen how some tech's work. I just don't trust them. Would rather have honda work something out where reflashes and updates could be done at home without having to take it to a hack to do. I had recieved a survey in the mail about doing reflashes and updates at your own convience by having honda sending you a cd that will work in your cd player to update any control module on the vehicle. Hopefully this will go down in the near future. Will update after repairs are done.
What a great idea! But their dealer network will scream and cry enough to keep it from going through- all that easy profit down the drain because of a CD.

Old 02-18-2007, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
anyone know how they reflash the SRS module? what needs to be done? i have to make an appt. to tomorrow. plus they have to check the suspension cause it seems harsh like a blown shock or something.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Scheduled Maintenance

My owners manual has no mileage charts listed for scheduled maintenance. I know the oil gauge tells you when you need to change the oil but shouldn't my manual have all of the recommended 5,000, 7,500, 20,000 etc? Also does it void the warranty if you don't get each of these recommended repairs taken care of. While I'm at it, when should I rotate my tires for the first time?

Old 02-20-2007, 09:51 AM
All the dealer will do is hook up their honda computer/scanner to your car through the OBD2 connector and load the new info to the car. The OBD2 connector is where all reflashes are done for any control module. It should not take that long to do its just a matter on when the dealer could get you in to do it. For all that don't know the OBD2 connector should be located under the dash on the drivers side. This is also where the emissions machine plugs into to to make sure that all systems in the vehicle are ready for normal operation. Anyway thats all it really is just new info being downloaded to the SRS control module this way in case of an accident the air bags won't deploy to early.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:56 AM
The fit will tell you what service will be needed with every oil change. It will post a number 1 or 2 when it is time to change the oil. In your manual it will tell you what these numbers mean. It will also show lower case letters which also have to do with servicing as well. These numbers and letters are additional items that must be done for proper maintance. Just look in the owners manual under maintance/service intervals and it will explain everything.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:04 AM
reflashes

When it comes to reflashes the dealer will make no money at all. These are things that have to be done for free because they are just fixing their own mistakes. I know that every reflash that I have done on cars either honda or subaru the customer's had never paid anything. Usually when your car is in need of a reflash for a particular control module they will send the customer a letter. So basicly there is no profit in it thats why it would be great if they would just let customers do it them self's with the supplied hardware from the manufacturer. The only problem that I see is some morons not following directions right and frying a ECM or other control modules. Other than that it would be a great idea!
Originally Posted by manxman
What a great idea! But their dealer network will scream and cry enough to keep it from going through- all that easy profit down the drain because of a CD.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member
thanks for the info. I'll make sure i disconnect my scangauge before i bring it in.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Is your car a fit sport with paddle shifting or a regular automatic?

Old 02-20-2007, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondady
When it comes to reflashes the dealer will make no money at all. These are things that have to be done for free because they are just fixing their own mistakes. I know that every reflash that I have done on cars either honda or subaru the customer's had never paid anything. Usually when your car is in need of a reflash for a particular control module they will send the customer a letter. So basicly there is no profit in it thats why it would be great if they would just let customers do it them self's with the supplied hardware from the manufacturer. The only problem that I see is some morons not following directions right and frying a ECM or other control modules. Other than that it would be a great idea!
Unfortunately even though it is apparently a quick fix, my dealer's service dept. says they have to have the car for "at least" half a day. and that's what it said in Honda's letter. We're asked to be "flexible". I had to make an appointment on Saturday morning and plan to sit around for 4-5 hours. I hope that by sitting there instead of leaving the car, they'll move a little faster. Considering that they made an appointment for my Fit's first oil & filter change (first and last time at the dealer) at 1:30 PM and I didn't get out until 4 PM, I'll probably be there the whole day for the reprogramming. It doesn't cost any $$, but what's our time worth? Honda made the error and I'm sure they'll reimburse the dealers. I'm using up a precious Saturday when the weather is supposed to be gorgeous here. I can't afford to take any more time off from work. First the air bag issue, then the odometer. I had absolutely no warranty issues with my Accord, but I did have a boot replaced under an extended warranty for my Civic. The dealers will probably get some extra business while doing the warranty work -- people figuring that as long as they have to be there, they might as well get something else done.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by FondaFit
Unfortunately even though it is apparently a quick fix, my dealer's service dept. says they have to have the car for "at least" half a day. and that's what it said in Honda's letter. We're asked to be "flexible". I had to make an appointment on Saturday morning and plan to sit around for 4-5 hours. I hope that by sitting there instead of leaving the car, they'll move a little faster. Considering that they made an appointment for my Fit's first oil & filter change (first and last time at the dealer) at 1:30 PM and I didn't get out until 4 PM, I'll probably be there the whole day for the reprogramming. It doesn't cost any $$, but what's our time worth? Honda made the error and I'm sure they'll reimburse the dealers. I'm using up a precious Saturday when the weather is supposed to be gorgeous here. I can't afford to take any more time off from work. First the air bag issue, then the odometer. I had absolutely no warranty issues with my Accord, but I did have a boot replaced under an extended warranty for my Civic. The dealers will probably get some extra business while doing the warranty work -- people figuring that as long as they have to be there, they might as well get something else done.
You do have a point. People will figure well I'm hear for this mightest well get that oil change or service done. So I guess the issue would make the dealer money after all. I just haven't looked at it that way. I to have to take my car in for the reflash. What problem were you having with your odometer? Is this something that could be an issue on my car as well? But I do have to say all in all I do love this car. It is a very fun car especially when you make some modifications to it.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:05 AM
Shift Kick

I have the same problem with the tranny. I took it in to dealer and he gave me some bull about the mounts needed to be broken in. THE MOUNTS?? thats to funny. Then took in to another one and test drove another fit and it also had the same problem so I'm guessing its normal. As far as the mpg goes, it was bad in the beginning but now at almost 3000miles its got up to 34 with 80% highway (BUT BY DRIVING LIKE A GRANDMA!!!) SO.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Slow Clock

Hi,

I have a rather strange problem with my Honda Jazz. The clock is running to slow, about 1 minute per month. The dealer has already changed the radio once, but the clock is still slow. The funniest part being that it is only slow when its cold outside. All summer it was fine, but when the temperature is decreasing below zero Celcius, the clock is to slow again.
I have been told that Honda had a production problem with the clocks. Has anyone had this problem?

Quick Reply: Warranty Repairs