General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Warranty Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 12:07 AM
joe i dun think he was talking about the side curtain airbag he might be talking about the actual passenger airbag,,,if it is then is usually something under 50lbs on the front passenger seat...that would make the airbag light go on. hope it helps

Old 10-28-2006, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Ah Ed
joe i dun think he was talking about the side curtain airbag he might be talking about the actual passenger airbag,,,if it is then is usually something under 50lbs on the front passenger seat...that would make the airbag light go on. hope it helps
Hello Ah Ed. Yes I was talking about the actual passenger airbag. And I understand that if there is something lighter than 65 pounds in that seat the light should come on, and that if there is nothing in the seat the light should not come on. But it comes on when there is a full-grown >65 lbs adult human passenger sitting in the seat. So I think that something is not functioning properly.

Last edited by ifitfitz; 10-28-2006 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Fit sport stuttering at 60 mph and no cruise control

We've had the paint problems and at first our dealer just tried to give us touch-up paint until we complained and then they did some sort of spray job. It looks fine for now. We did register our complaint with Honda Corporate too.

The newest problem we are having is that our Fit Sport had it's check engine light come on so we tightened the gas cap (we have a locking one) and thought the light would go off in a few days. Well, the next day the car started stuttering when we would go above 60 and the cruise won't engage. The cruise light comes on but you can't set the cruise. The stuttering is almost like it is out of gas but the low gas light hadn't even come on yet.

We took it to our dealer yesterday and called them around 5pm and they still don't know what is wrong with it. They told us they had to download data about the error message from Honda. They aren't sure when we'll get it back. So, until Monday they gave us a Ridgeline to drive. Can you believe it? We are small car people and now we have to drive this truck. It is a nice truck but I sure hope we don't have to fill it up before we return it tomorrow.

Has anyone else had the stuttering problem and cruise problem after the check engine light came on?

thanks
julie
Red Fit Sport with about 7000 miles

Old 11-14-2006, 10:16 PM
We got the gas cap at college hills honda for the FIT specifically. We got our car back on monday and the dealer said all that happened was the VTECH sensor failed. So they replaced it and everything is back to normal.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
jjcormane,

You are the only other person I have read about that had a sensor fail. I guess they were different sensors, but still interesting to note. Unlike your car, my engine seemed to run completely fine. Since I was in the break-in period and driving conservatively, I quite possibly never got the engine revved up enough to for the VTEC change to activate. Check out this other thread to see what happened to me.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/general-fit-talk/9302-malfunction-light-why.html

Joe

Old 12-01-2006, 06:14 PM
I have a problem with my fit. Had the hood deflector installed when I bought the car 3 weeks ago and now after opening the hood for the first time, it won't close properly. One of the hood deflector's clamps on the side of the hood looks a little warped and hits the headlight glass when i tried closing the hood. problem is it also left a scratch in the headlight glass. does anyone know if this is covered by warranty?? I'm also a little worried to be driving around with the hood not properly shut. is this dangerous?

Old 12-01-2006, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
What is a hood deflector?

Old 12-01-2006, 09:53 PM
it's a plastic add-on that sits at the edge of the hood and protects from road debris, stones etc. mine has already served its purpose and saved my car from a big fat dent a couple of weeks ago (thanks to a flying pop can)

Old 12-02-2006, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Power Steering "shutting off"

I posted this out in the general forum a month ago or so and no one else seems to have this problem. I took my Fit into the dealer today to have them look it over. In the last 4 days I have had it shut off 4 times. Each time seems to be when it has sat in the cold (outside) and is parked on snow. I go to straighten out the wheels to back out of a parking spot and bam, off it goes.

I'll let you all know what they find, if they find anything. Until then I will drive my 93 Accord "loaner", it really makes me miss my Fit.

Old 12-02-2006, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mmm...
it's a plastic add-on that sits at the edge of the hood and protects from road debris, stones etc. mine has already served its purpose and saved my car from a big fat dent a couple of weeks ago (thanks to a flying pop can)
Where did you get it? I have never seen it in any Honda accessories catalog, or on any website including Honda's.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by spreadhead
Where did you get it? I have never seen it in any Honda accessories catalog, or on any website including Honda's.

check Honda Canada (www.honda.ca), you'll find it there - all the dealers around here sell it. I got mine for 80 bucks (CAD) from my dealer even though the website lists the price as $160. it looks really nice too.

Last edited by mmm...; 12-03-2006 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by uiskibum
I posted this out in the general forum a month ago or so and no one else seems to have this problem. I took my Fit into the dealer today to have them look it over. In the last 4 days I have had it shut off 4 times. Each time seems to be when it has sat in the cold (outside) and is parked on snow. I go to straighten out the wheels to back out of a parking spot and bam, off it goes.

I'll let you all know what they find, if they find anything. Until then I will drive my 93 Accord "loaner", it really makes me miss my Fit.
Ok, I finally got it to the dealer with the malfunction light on and no power steering. The DTC was 60-14 (I think) and relates to the EPS unit. So I have a new EPS unit being ordered, and once that gets in they will start the diagnostic procedures to see if it is that unit or if it is something else. On a side note those HDS tablet units are slick.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:08 PM
anyone else have their stickers around the 3 a/c knobs crack? Mine has tiny cracks along the outer edges

Old 01-11-2007, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
Question... Is it possible for a Honda dealer to void the warranty for a part that has not been modified on the Fit due to modifications of other parts on the vehicle. For example, i have added a few bolt on performance parts (exhaust, intake, etc...) and the dealer says that because of this my brake warranty is now voided because i made the car faster. Bulls!#t right? It's not like i turbo'd it or take it to the track. It has 15K on the OD and i am noticing vibration on highway speeds when i push the brake pedal. I made an appt. with the dealer this morning and they tried to run that BS on me.

Any thoughts? Is this covered under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty improvement act? Anyone who works at a honda dealer care to chime in?

Old 01-19-2007, 02:49 AM
Has anyone had a problem with their fit leaking when it rains? When I say leaking, I am referring to the driver's side floor, and not just a bit of water, I'm talking about the padding below the carpet is soaked as is the carpet itself, I took it to Honda, and they said it was a hole I drilled for my subwoofer, I have a grommet on this hole and it is sealed up tight with silicone seal, and yet it still leaks, does anyone have any ideas?

Old 01-19-2007, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
I don't have any leaks, can you put the silicone on the underside of the hole as well?

As far as the mods go, the warranty person told me (when I first bought the car) that if I modified something and then there are problems along the line of that mod, then it would void the warranty. For example, if I put in a better stereo and then the electrical goes bad, it wouldn't be covered even if the stereo might not have caused it. I would imagine there could be a way to contest that but it would probably be a long drawn out process that may or may not go my way. Does that help?

Old 01-20-2007, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
I don't have any leaks either... your probably SOL. Best bet is just to have a buddy hose down your car with you in it... and find the leak.

Also, I had a screw or something in my driver side rear tire. Dealership took it out at no cost and gave me a car wash.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:57 PM
I live in the Dallas area, and it has been raining/snowing/sleeting for the past week, and so naturally, I have lake fit in my driver side, I checked the hole in question today and there was not a drop around it, so I called the dealer where I bought it and set up an appointment, so now if they say it is me, I'm going to have them show me where it is.

Old 01-23-2007, 02:21 AM
Update on the floor leak

So I took my Fit in today to the dealer where I bought it, he tried at the beginning to suggest that maybe I didn't patch the hole good enough, but I assured him I did, that was at around 7 AM

Fast forward 7 hours, I get a phone call from the dealer telling me good news and bad news, the bad news is that I won't see my fit tomorrow like I planned (tear)............The good news is that the leak source is from a seam in my upper dash, a problem which he told me I did not cause, thank god for warranties, to make my day even better ( no sarcasm) he told me I did a good job on plugging up the hole. So I am now massively relieved because I thought I had really messed up my car.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Good to hear that.

Quick Reply: Warranty Repairs