General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Warranty Repairs

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 08:16 AM
man i feel so bad for you! Maybe you should take it to a different dealer??? Have you taken your fit on longer road trips (with no traffic - outside staten island)? I can almost imagine that you could dip to 20 mpg if you're sitting in stop and go traffic ALL the time - Almost....but if you drive a tank with like 80% highway and STILL are below 30...something aint right.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
Call Honda corporate customer service and explain the problem to them. I would hope they would take it more seriously than the dealer is.

(800) 999-1009 - Honda customer relations

Old 08-17-2006, 03:48 PM
today i saw honda regional manager or something. and he agreed to pain my hood and bumber and provide me with a lease car for two days.

but this guy says its acid rain that is screwing up the paint. will finish this later. gotta go

Old 08-17-2006, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by roenyc
today i saw honda regional manager or something. and he agreed to pain my hood and bumber and provide me with a lease car for two days.

but this guy says its acid rain that is screwing up the paint. will finish this later. gotta go
Acid rain my ass! I live in NY and have had my Fit for a month now and it has rained several times. NO PROBLEMS (so far).

Old 08-18-2006, 06:56 AM
Hey maybe we should get the car an Acid Rain coat. ha ha. just cut out holes for the windows and drive around with a protective rubber rain coat over the car. then the color or paint will not matter. we can produce them in a bunch of colors to match your mood.

you know im so upset about this, he was so full of it. i told him about our paint problems (this is the regional manager) and he told me and i quote "oh those people in on line forums lie"

now you guys have to understand - i had my 1 year old grand daughter who was not happy to be stuck in her carraige and my 10 year old who was just no help. i just couldnt think fast.

but i felt very beat up. i tried to tell my son - this type of man (car dealer world) have little respect for anyones opinions but especially a woman.

my son wanted the entire car painted - haha. and he was upset cause i didnt insist on it. i said you are lucky the hood (a mess) and the bumber
are getting done.

i left thinking they were doing me a favor, like i was crazy and that this was normal.

its really ashame because the dealership is very nice. service is great if you need an oil change. but i am not happy right now and after the car is painted, if they cant find something wrong with my MPG. i am going to fix the dash and sell it/trade it in, even though i love the car, i love the handling and zippy thing. but i feel like i am pushing it up a hill most times and if its not coming up on there computer its never going to get fixed.

i cant live with 22 mpg.

i also showed them the part on the dash board where i tried to put my serius radio and they said "oh oh never use those alcohol pads on this car, i am sure they told you when you bought it" i said no one told me anything, and i didnt even think that the dash wasnt a peice of black plastic. its just spray paint. anyway i told them to let me know how much to fix it.

now the regional manager gave me every excuse known to man for the gas milliage probem - suprised he didnt use globle warming to match the acid rain.

i begged this guy to please drive the car. feel it, just get behind the wheel - he said he would do all that when i drop it off for painting. ugh

I can tell this will not get resolved.

next week i am going to look at the nissan versa, and i can always go back to the scion.

Old 08-18-2006, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
WOW, i don't understnad these dealerships! They make customers, then break customers! THat's not how to run a business! You definately will not go there for any big $$ maintenance scheduled services like the 30K or 60K cause they don't deserve your money! THey have to earn it! And as far as i'm concerned any dealership that says NO to a legit complaint, is saying NO to thier business, both present and future!

Old 08-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Steering Column Defect

After having my Fit for a few days I noticed that the steering column cover seems to have some sort of defect. The right side won't mate up (the top and bottom shells). Anyone else notice this??

Old 08-21-2006, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure. Can you post a pic of what you're talking about?

Old 08-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by leonine
Not sure. Can you post a pic of what you're talking about?
Not right this second, but basically there's a gap between the top and bottom steering column plastic covers. They mate approximately where the wiper/turn signal stalks are.

Old 08-22-2006, 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by claymore
They just snap together. Undo the 4 screws under the steering wheel and you can pull the two halves apart. Look carefully where the "snap" parts go together and sometimes the small piece of plastic that lines the two parts up gets bent over preventing the two pieces from snapping completely closed
The top half is just coming apart from the bottom. You don't have to take the screws out to remove the top half. Mine was half off when I took delivery. Didn't notice until a couple of days later.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:32 AM
So far so good. I haven't read any big problems with owning a Fit.

If this was an introductory year model for a Ford, Chevy, or Chrysler it would be a different story. Go Honda engineering!

Old 08-26-2006, 06:17 AM
Knock wood

I just got my 2007 Fit Sport MT in VBP today. Reading this thread is getting me ultra anxious, especially when this is my first car and I'm still learning to drive MT properly. No problem during intense practicing today (knock wood). Checking my cars for sited problems tomorrow (especially the paint chip). One thing I notice is that a lot of people seem to find problems when they have none, and all they have to do is read the manual thouroughly. Maybe it's just my inexperience commanding me to read all the manuals for an hour .

Old 08-26-2006, 12:26 PM
First of all its the Fit isn't really an introductory year. its been sold in europe as the Jazz for years now. there isnt much difference in the US model.

second, I have read all the manuals. every one of them. (no life i guess). when i started to notice problems with my paint i searched the Internet and found this site.

It may be some of us got cars that were rushed off the assembly line - i dont know - but our problems are real. we need to support each other through these difficulties because if you have a problem with your car - trust me your attitude will change.

i wouldnt buy a chevy or other car mentioned above. i expect a lot from honda. I expect the gas mileage posted on the car and i expect the paint to stick to it. not to much to ask

Old 08-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by roenyc
First of all its the Fit isn't really an introductory year. its been sold in europe as the Jazz for years now. there isnt much difference in the US model.

second, I have read all the manuals. every one of them. (no life i guess). when i started to notice problems with my paint i searched the Internet and found this site.

It may be some of us got cars that were rushed off the assembly line - i dont know - but our problems are real. we need to support each other through these difficulties because if you have a problem with your car - trust me your attitude will change.

i wouldnt buy a chevy or other car mentioned above. i expect a lot from honda. I expect the gas mileage posted on the car and i expect the paint to stick to it. not to much to ask

Well, I wasn't referring to you at all. You seem to have the worst of all the problems and they are very real. And in a way it is an introductory year, since the North American driving condition and Fit specification are very different from the rest of the world

Old 08-27-2006, 06:22 AM
cracked windshield

Hello everyone,

Well, I had my second problem with the Fit (my first was the radio controller shorting out), and this ones pretty bad. I got my first oil change on Friday. Saturday morning I went out to the car to get my kids clothes (we went school shopping, and the car looked fine. I went back an hour later and found that a 9 inch ctack suddenly appeares on the windshield. It originated from the lower left, under the outside bezel. Now I know for a fact that no stone has hit the windshield at all. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

FYI, I called the dealer and explained the situation, they told me to call my insurance, but I explained to them that this is a defect in the car, nothing hit the windshield. I am going in on Monday for them to look at it. I hope it gets resolved.

Please let me know if anyone else has seen this happen.

Old 08-29-2006, 05:26 AM
Originally Posted by 29FSE
Well, I wasn't referring to you at all. You seem to have the worst of all the problems and they are very real. And in a way it is an introductory year, since the North American driving condition and Fit specification are very different from the rest of the world
in what way? there is way more polution in europe. way more traffic in Japan. I am having the same problems with the paint that other fit owners are having (mostly blue owners) - mpg problems a hand full of us are having. but i dont think it has anything to do with it being an introductory year. it may have something to do with rushing them out to meet demand during the rise of the gas prices here.

I think you guys that waited and got your cars later then april and may did better then those of us who got the first batch.

i dont mean to get angry - its just very frustrating. i dont know what will go wrong next and the service manager is such a creep... i have no idea what this car will look like after they paint it. and if they can find nothing wrong with my mpgs - he says there is nothing he can do. i said my only hope is the BBB? and he agreed.

you know i put this magnet antena on top of my fit and then lifted it to move it, the car scratched where the antena was! thats just nuts. i have a chevy colbolt (hate it) rental, but i can drag that magnet thing accross the roof and there are no scratches. something is wrong and its not acid rain.

Old 08-29-2006, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
I think the paint problem is definately a 1st run thing. At our new york meet a few weeks ago there were 3 fits with the same problem. 1 blue, 1 red, and 1 white. All had production numbers in the 3-4K range.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
I too have had a paint problem, on the roof by the passenger door there were a series of spots that were rusted in the middle and had white faded paint around them (I have a NHBP so that is strange) and the thing scratches WAY too easily. This is my first Honda before this I had a Plymouth neon (not that I didn't have problems with it) and it took a helluva lot to scratch that thing! I'm just not happy with the paint quality, I park away from people and RANDOM scratches show up, it's starting to PISS ME OFF! Don't get me wrong I do love the car but what the hell is it going to look like in 5 years? like I keyed it all over or something? I mean give me a break! Sorry for the extended rant...

Old 08-29-2006, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
I feel ya! While i do not have the peeling problem i definately agree the quality SUCKS!!! I went to a DIY carwash after i bought and used the scrub brush to clean the car (i felt the bristles and they were very soft) and afterwards the whole f@#!ing car had swirls on it

Honda really cheaped out on the paint IMO. I would have certainly paid more for a better quality job. Maybe i will have it re-cleared at a pro-shop and have em put some of those colored metallic flakes in it to give it that translucent color (like i have seen on some cars...depending on the angle it looks a different color...pretty neat IMO)

Old 08-31-2006, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by andy23666
I too have had a paint problem, on the roof by the passenger door there were a series of spots that were rusted in the middle and had white faded paint around them (I have a NHBP so that is strange) and the thing scratches WAY too easily. This is my first Honda before this I had a Plymouth neon (not that I didn't have problems with it) and it took a helluva lot to scratch that thing! I'm just not happy with the paint quality, I park away from people and RANDOM scratches show up, it's starting to PISS ME OFF! Don't get me wrong I do love the car but what the hell is it going to look like in 5 years? like I keyed it all over or something? I mean give me a break! Sorry for the extended rant...
you read my mind! what are the last five numbers of your vin number? leo may be on to something. they may have rushed our cars out before they had a chance to dry or somehting. its like there is no top coat.

i am driving a chevy colbolt ugh, but i cant scratch this paint if i wanted to! and i'v tried! lol

my vin 09188

oh and complian to honda - they need to know.

Quick Reply: Warranty Repairs