Merchant Group Buys and New Product Sales This area is for private individuals or small merchants to list NEW Products For Sale or to Organize Group Buys. Unlike "FIT VENDORS" on the forum, the staff of FITFREAK does not perform any background checks on individuals listing product offerings in this sub-forum. Payment is required in order to list your product in this sub-forum. CLICK HERE for payment details and instant Thread Posting access to this sub-forum.

ETC 12 step Adjustable Throttle Controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 10:49 AM
5 Year Member
I'll bet you will be out cruising around in hopes you can surprise the hell out of someone at a signal light when the light turns green.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I'll bet you will be out cruising around in hopes you can surprise the hell out of someone at a signal light when the light turns green.
Moi? Never. Now the old 55 Meteor with the 272ci(?) 4 barrel would.

Well Fall has set in. A real big temp drop and wet so I am procrasticizing(sp). Will play with my little cars today.

Old 09-04-2010, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
It is cool here this morning also but the change has caused me to awaken with major arthritis pain.... A buddy of mine had a beautiful 55 Crown Victoria that was one of the best looking cars I ever cruised in as a teen... Those old Y block V8s all leaked oil like crazy but with glass packs and dual pipes the exhaust note was heavenly.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
It is cool here this morning also but the change has caused me to awaken with major arthritis pain.... A buddy of mine had a beautiful 55 Crown Victoria that was one of the best looking cars I ever cruised in as a teen... Those old Y block V8s all leaked oil like crazy but with glass packs and dual pipes the exhaust note was heavenly.
Don't they shot old coyotes when they get sick and old?

Hey my Meteor only had a single exhaust unfortunately. Who is that good looking young fellow anyhow?

Old 09-04-2010, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
You look like you need a black leather jacket and a cigarette dangling from the corner of your mouth... Just kidding Richie Cunningham.

Old 09-04-2010, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
You look like you need a black leather jacket and a cigarette dangling from the corner of your mouth... Just kidding Richie Cunningham.

I was past the leather jacket stage. I was grown up(19) and working at the time of that pic. Holy crap almost 50 years ago!!!

Old 09-04-2010, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
I was a disabled combat veteran at 19 and doing my best to be a kid again... I looked real good too.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member
I was a disabled combat veteran at 19 and doing my best to be a kid again... I looked real good too.
Quite a difference.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:57 AM
5 Year Member
I give up.

I have tried three times to install controller. I have no continuity when I turn ignition on go to calibrate. It is not lit either. I suspect it is the plug going up into harness not being pushed in all the way and I can't get it to go in farther.

Make me an offer and it will be in the mail ASAP.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:05 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
5 Year Member
Hi Black3sr

Could you post up a picture of the harness connector head?

Sincerely,
Panson

Originally Posted by Black3sr
I give up.

I have tried three times to install controller. I have no continuity when I turn ignition on go to calibrate. It is not lit either. I suspect it is the plug going up into harness not being pushed in all the way and I can't get it to go in farther.

Make me an offer and it will be in the mail ASAP.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:16 AM
5 Year Member
I trimmed the edges a bit so I could get it started into the female end of harness. I did not want to force it any more unless I got it stuck.

I did make sure to have it turned the correct way so the insides lined up.

Name:  011-1.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  22.1 KBName:  010-3.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  20.9 KB

Old 09-07-2010, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Try plugging it in the other way....almost certain that'll fix your problem. And you'll know if you have power if the memory unit (so the box not the LCD) blinks red when you plug it into the OBDII port (assuming the battery is connected that is).

Old 09-07-2010, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks M$ for suggestions. First there is no light on the black box to blink. I just plugged it in and nothing.

Are you saying turn the one plug 180 degrees and try it? I do not see that working as the pins do not line up. Under the long row there is what looks like two pins(?) or something and I have those on the same side. I really don't see how this plug will go in far enough to make contact.

Maybe Panson and or A & J want to step in with some advice?

Old 09-09-2010, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Dremel with cutting disc and another one with a sanding drum and voila.

I shortened the plug by an 1/8" or so with cutting wheel. Then cut off the wing/guide things on the sides. Then sanded all the way around til it would fit snugly but be removable.

Calibration went rather easily - surprise eh.

Had to test drive eh. SP3 with my AT seems like a nice setting for older gentlemen.

No speeding tickets either!!

Old 09-09-2010, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Older Gentleman??? Who are you letting drive your car that is a gentleman Wild Bill? I am really glad that you have gotten it figured out and hope that you enjoy it.... Check out the EC modes and the read out of the throttle position on the module... In EC5 driving on the white stuff that sometimes covers the ground up your way should be a lot less stressful when starting off from a stop.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:53 AM
5 Year Member
Why myself of course.

I wonder if we could leave it in EC for a whole tank of gas? Would be interesting but then I bought this toy to play with not look at.

Winter driving may be different. Though here our streets et plowed so quickly not a lot of snow especially as soon as you hit a main street or one with a bus route.

This would have been one of the worse days on our street. Can't wait to see the look on the snows now that I am Swifted
Name:  004-7.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  55.5 KB

Old 09-10-2010, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
I can't go through a whole tank without using the SP7 mode at least a little bit... I have done pretty good at staying in the EC5 mode this tank and have 347 miles on the odometer with a little less than a 1/4 of a tank still showing on the fuel gauge.. Right now it appears that this tank will yield an easy 5MPG increase in fuel mileage over what I would get if I was staying in the SP7 mode for the same percentage of mileage of driving that I have driven in EC5 mode.

Old 09-10-2010, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
I'm going to have to try that one of these days ec5 that is. Seems mine stays on sp7

Old 09-10-2010, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
I can't go through a whole tank without using the SP7 mode at least a little bit... I have done pretty good at staying in the EC5 mode this tank and have 347 miles on the odometer with a little less than a 1/4 of a tank still showing on the fuel gauge.. Right now it appears that this tank will yield an easy 5MPG increase in fuel mileage over what I would get if I was staying in the SP7 mode for the same percentage of mileage of driving that I have driven in EC5 mode.

Seems to me you get in those street racin situations and just have to up it to SP7. It goes to 7 Sheet I stopped at 5

Old 09-10-2010, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
Seems to me you get in those street racin situations and just have to up it to SP7. It goes to 7 Sheet I stopped at 5
Sheet happens.

Quick Reply: ETC 12 step Adjustable Throttle Controller