The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

WTF is up with all the ricers!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
i've been reading all 9 pgs. here and I must say this is quite a debate. The only thing I would like to point out is that trends come and go. "HellaFlush" is the latest trend and one day it will disappear and another will pop up. I honestly think the way I see things are going, its gonna be a radrod trend coming up or a OEM trend. but back to the topic, we all have different taste and it's pointless to hate on another's "pride n joy" so just smash it guys....theres no need for all the name callin n whatnot...

Old 01-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by nxtfit_08
nice but hes a little slow remeber he does know everything that has to do with rice! lol like saying that knock offs suck but they are used for racing how ironick or should i say moronick!
I am pretty sure there is no "k" in ironic or moronic... and I don't know how comfortable I am in associating or conversing with bigots.

So I appreciate that we agree on a couple items here and there pertaining to cars, but if you could just not quote or respond to me that'd be cool.

Slowbros and I agree that generally knock offs tend to be inferior and they hurt the groups that support the community. Rotas in this instance don't really qualify.

As similar as my Slips are to the SW388s.. they are still ~2lbs heavier a piece.

So on a ride where that will make a big difference, it would be worth it. Also, spoon makes far more than just wheels, and I will bet that they don't cast/cut their wheels in house. So it is not the same as people selling china knock off TiAl Q blow off valves on fleaBay for $50

My how this thread has evolved.. rice to race to knock-offs.

/I love the wasteland and the modmins here

Old 01-11-2011, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by jdmgd4
i've been reading all 9 pgs. here and I must say this is quite a debate. The only thing I would like to point out is that trends come and go. "HellaFlush" is the latest trend and one day it will disappear and another will pop up. I honestly think the way I see things are going, its gonna be a radrod trend coming up or a OEM trend. but back to the topic, we all have different taste and it's pointless to hate on another's "pride n joy" so just smash it guys....theres no need for all the name callin n whatnot...

Hell yea!

On another unrelated note..

Basing this only on your login.. do you actually have a GD4?

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-11-2011 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:02 PM
haha...i wish I did..it was a "noobie" mistake I made when I 1st joined FF. I would change my username if I had the chance to though that way I don't look like a total idiot *facepalm*

Old 01-11-2011, 08:50 PM
nice but hes a little slow remeber he does know everything that has to do with rice! lol like saying that knock offs suck but they are used for racing how ironick or should i say moronick!
WOW someone just got there foot in theyre mouth!!!
If I'm slow then what are you? Take two seconds to proofread what you write sometime. You'll find spelling errors aplenty.

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Dude, turn off troll mode sometime.. I think we could probably get along and seem to agree on more than a couple points, but really? Where do I benefit in making this shit up? lol

Find the sentence where I said no R&D, you won't.

I also never said time attack, and if you read carefully you will notice I used Formula/LeMans as an example of the budget that is bestowed to the group's aero team, I know this because I was told by one of the guys from Yokohama working on the car..

I am still looking for my links and images which for some reason I haven't put on my image host so I will have to sift through my computers...

Notice how you didn't question the fact that they are prevalent in the drag world. It's because they work.

They will stand up over and over again to the task of funneling 1000whp+ down the drag strip, which is more stress than any Fit on this forum will put them through. Including the lateral flexing which I will guaran-fucking-tee you is not insignificant in a drag car.
I couldn't care less about drag cars.

btw, not impressed by one Subaru using Rotas.

Old 01-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Hand me chop sticks! I totally agree that everyone modifies a car to their own vision, likes and what they want the car to be. If someone looks at my Fit and calls it ricer - I can think of worst thing they could call it. When kids come up to my car at a car shows and say, this looks like a car from Fast and Furious - it doesn't bother me. Whatever anyone does to their own car is up to them - you don't have to like it just accept that they are making it their own and enjoying being a Fit owner. I would rather see someone passionate about their Fit and working to make it not look like a stock Fit. I am a 54 year old tuner - loving it and will never ever drive a stock car ever again - goal is to be a 60 year old ricer!

Cat

Old 01-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Slowbros
If I'm slow then what are you? Take two seconds to proofread what you write sometime. You'll find spelling errors aplenty.

I couldn't care less about drag cars.

btw, not impressed by one Subaru using Rotas.
I wasn't talking about a Subaru

That is just one of several examples in the circuit world. The subaru doesn't impress you? The class winning car? What have you done that leaves you with such a high threshold for being impressed?

Clearly the answer is nothing or you would've posted it by now.

I keep trying to give you a chance, but you are just a punk proud of his trolling and his abused hand me down teggy.

It's easy to pretend your the most interesting man in the world behind a computer, but to the rest of us you are a snivelling little shit.

Guess what? Your Integra doesn't impress anyone out of high school.

Who the fuck cares what impresses you, the topic was knock off parts, specifically Rotas.

Your assertion was that they do not get the job done. You have more than one example shown to you where in fact they do.

Then it becomes a pissing match about what is impressive?

Do you hurt your back moving the goal posts this often?

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-11-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
Hand me chop sticks! I totally agree that everyone modifies a car to their own vision, likes and what they want the car to be. If someone looks at my Fit and calls it ricer - I can think of worst thing they could call it. When kids come up to my car at a car shows and say, this looks like a car from Fast and Furious - it doesn't bother me. Whatever anyone does to their own car is up to them - you don't have to like it just accept that they are making it their own and enjoying being a Fit owner. I would rather see someone passionate about their Fit and working to make it not look like a stock Fit. I am a 54 year old tuner - loving it and will never ever drive a stock car ever again - goal is to be a 60 year old ricer!

Cat

You and Texas Coyote are an inspiration. I really hope that when I am 60 I can say the same.

Keep it up!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Legit2Fit
Even though I agree that there have been several distasteful mods shared with us by other Fit owners on this site, I don't think it's worth complaining about or calling someone a "ricer."

Everyone seems to blame The Fast and the Furious as being the cause of this "ricer" mentality. But what many automotive enthusiasts fail to realize is that this film catapulted the tuning scene to where it is now. And even though everybody and their grandmother put a huge exhaust and euro tails on their GS Eclipse after they saw the movie, they were at least making an effort to get into the tuning scene.

Now I'm not saying that I enjoy seeing a Civic DX rolling around with an unpainted Wings West body kit, I think it looks just as ridiculous as the next person. But a small part of me still appreciates the fact that the owner of that car is trying to build something to stand out.

You have to remember that no one just walks into the tuning scene and starts building JDM all-stars. Many people start out ordering parts from places like Autozone and JC Whitney and pay to have Jiffy Lube install them. Just like any hobby out there, learning the proper way to tune a car takes time.

Just try and be patient with people. If you notice someone going in the completely wrong direction, just offer them some helpful advice. It's no different than them falling off their bike in the park.
hey WTF are you bringing common sense into this thread...I will not stand for it!! +rep because EVERYONE had to start some where!

Old 01-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I wasn't talking about a Subaru

That is just one of several examples in the circuit world. The subaru doesn't impress you? The class winning car? What have you done that leaves you with such a high threshold for being impressed?

Clearly the answer is nothing or you would've posted it by now.

I keep trying to give you a chance, but you are just a punk proud of his trolling and his abused hand me down teggy.

It's easy to pretend your the most interesting man in the world behind a computer, but to the rest of us you are a snivelling little shit.

Guess what? Your Integra doesn't impress anyone out of high school.

Who the fuck cares what impresses you, the topic was knock off parts, specifically Rotas.

Your assertion was that they do not get the job done. You have more than one example shown to you where in fact they do.

Then it becomes a pissing match about what is impressive?

Do you hurt your back moving the goal posts this often?
My integra impresses dozens of people out of high school

And that car only won its class because Sierra Sierra and AMS must've been broken or not present

Old 01-12-2011, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
I love this thread...

To each his own right? We're all entitled to our opinions, and that's what they are, opinions! If someone calls your car rice, don't get all butthurt (OP) since you're calling everybody elses car rice anyways.

And for the rims, I have some used Volks that I got for WAY less than $3000. Only reason I got them was they're discontinued and I can't find knockoffs of them

Old 01-12-2011, 03:57 PM
5 Year Member
i just cant stand haters! and what i think is rice is my opinion!
No shit. This thread is full of *opinions* and they go both ways. You just can't take what you've been dishing.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Legit2Fit
You make some good points, but what you fail to realize is that a majority of the people on this site don't have the mechanical tools or know-how to put together a turbo kit for under $2,000.
That is why I despise them. If they spent their time reading automotive articles instead of part catalogs and spent their money on tools instead of wheels, they could. 2 months ago I never thought I could be turbo for $1200, but I put in the time and the effort, and now it exists. I am more impressed by the people who make their own little cargo light out of spare parts for $10 than those with no ingenuity. DIY or die.

People like DSM inspire others to expand their horizons and mechanial abilities. People who just conform to the lastest trend inspire others to conform to the latest trend, it's really a disgusting thing to see and just for the sake of being biased I will say that most of this trendy shit pours out of California.

Since we are in the Wasteland I will also bring up that I am a licensed insurance agent in 31 states. I speak with people all over the country. The people I speak with in CA are generally the most annoying, self entitled assholes I speak with. Nevermind, I'll save that for another thread sometime.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 01-15-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
That is why I despise them. If they spent their time reading automotive articles instead of part catalogs and spent their money on tools instead of wheels, they could. 2 months ago I never thought I could be turbo for $1200, but I put in the time and the effort, and now it exists. I am more impressed by the people who make their own little cargo light out of spare parts for $10 than those with no ingenuity. DIY or die.

People like DSM inspire others to expand their horizons and mechanial abilities. People who just conform to the lastest trend inspire others to conform to the latest trend, it's really a disgusting thing to see and just for the sake of being biased I will say that most of this trendy shit pours out of California.

Since we are in the Wasteland I will also bring up that I am a licensed insurance agent in 31 states. I speak with people all over the country. The people I speak with in CA are generally the most annoying, self entitled assholes I speak with. Nevermind, I'll save that for another thread sometime.
I completely agree with everything you and DiamondStarMonsters have said on this thread. You really can't put on price on mechanical know-how and the patience it takes to do a job right. In the end, the quality of the work will not only set you apart from the idiot with the fat wallet parked next to you at the show, but the work will actually last and won't land you in a garage every 2 weeks.

But don't forget, you are in America. Look at our society and how it has changed over the past 20 years. Everybody wants the highest return for the least amount of effort or investment. No one wants to work for anything anymore! Why do you think all these major corporations have moved their manufacturing plants overseas? People in foreign nations actually WANT to work. And the funny thing about that is, if you look at the cars that come out of these foreign nations, the attention to detail and custom work completely shits on anything coming out of the United States right now. Just look at the difference between the Fits on here from Thailand and the ones from the U.S.

Bolt-on parts are great for someone's butt dyno, because realistically most people only install them so that their friends, neighbors or pedestrians notice their "custom work" when they drive by. 90% of the people on this site and other automotive forums will likely never go near a race track in their lives. They actually think an intake and exhaust will help them beat the Mustang GT that's revving on them coming out of the Supermarket.

Another selling point of bolt on parts is that they can be installed after work in under an hour. They're designed to provide instant satisfaction. I don't necessarily agree with it, my previous posts were only trying to stop others from hating so much. Because even though we might know that they are a silly waste of money, it's an easy way for people to get started in our sport.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
If you want to play you've got to pay, one way or the other..... I can't do very much physically and I don't have much money so my car and I have long periods of waiting between performance enhancing modifications and even longer between getting washed and waxed... I feel good about not having to pay someone to turn a wrench and applying the money saved toward purchasing things I need like gasoline, oil, tools, manuals and whatever it takes to avoid having to drive a stock 1500cc station wagon that someone else will be paid to work on.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:21 PM
man... I just saw this thread... well I'm kinda new to this forum too, this is some funny shit!

Ricers pisses me off too.
If you don't have the money to do shit to your car, LEAVE IT ALONE! I love the little kids that their parents buy them a new car for graduation. And first thing they do is take off their hub caps, and AUTOMATICALLY they think their car is going faster now, or painting stock wheels, LEAVE IT ALONE! I'd rather see a completely stock car that clean than someone try doing some shit to their car and looks all fucked up cuz you didn't have the money to do it right.

If you have to save 1 more month to get something nice for your car...DO IT! It's worth it! Specially SHOES! STOP BUYING FAKE WHEELS! Thats the first thing everyone looks at when they look at your car. If I can get my girlfriend that doesn't give a damn about cars to understand that shit, anyone that into cars should understand that.

For you guys that need to explain how important shoes for your car is to your wife, girlfriends or even your mom if you're asking her for money to buy new wheels.

Shoes is like a woman's purse... you walk around the mall with your wife/gf and they see other girls with Gucci bags or LV ect... They are jealous or wish they had one too. Especially if all your friend's girlfriend/wife have them and she is the only one with a FAKE bag or cheap bag she gonna feel like shit. Girls always look at eachother and start judging eachother, from top to bottom. You can be FAT girl walking around with a skinny girl and the FAT girl is cool cuz she has a nice exspensive bag than the skinny one. (I didn't say the FAT girl gonna get more guys to look at her) HAHA you guys know what I mean. Well anyways this example always works for me.

Peace, thanks for taking the time to read this
Don

Old 01-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Y dun u lyk my plastichrome spinnaz?

Old 01-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by DonEP3
man... I just saw this thread... well I'm kinda new to this forum too, this is some funny shit!

Ricers pisses me off too.
If you don't have the money to do shit to your car, LEAVE IT ALONE! I love the little kids that their parents buy them a new car for graduation. And first thing they do is take off their hub caps, and AUTOMATICALLY they think their car is going faster now, or painting stock wheels, LEAVE IT ALONE! I'd rather see a completely stock car that clean than someone try doing some shit to their car and looks all fucked up cuz you didn't have the money to do it right.

If you have to save 1 more month to get something nice for your car...DO IT! It's worth it! Specially SHOES! STOP BUYING FAKE WHEELS! Thats the first thing everyone looks at when they look at your car. If I can get my girlfriend that doesn't give a damn about cars to understand that shit, anyone that into cars should understand that.

For you guys that need to explain how important shoes for your car is to your wife, girlfriends or even your mom if you're asking her for money to buy new wheels.

Shoes is like a woman's purse... you walk around the mall with your wife/gf and they see other girls with Gucci bags or LV ect... They are jealous or wish they had one too. Especially if all your friend's girlfriend/wife have them and she is the only one with a FAKE bag or cheap bag she gonna feel like shit. Girls always look at eachother and start judging eachother, from top to bottom. You can be FAT girl walking around with a skinny girl and the FAT girl is cool cuz she has a nice exspensive bag than the skinny one. (I didn't say the FAT girl gonna get more guys to look at her) HAHA you guys know what I mean. Well anyways this example always works for me.

Peace, thanks for taking the time to read this
Don

Old 01-15-2011, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
Superficial and weak insecure reasoning at it's best... If a so called "fake" wheel is an improvement in reducing unsprung weight it is an improvement to the car. I like the comparison of high dollar wheels to a womans purse. That is exactly what it is, nothing but a fashion statement and fashions change and when they do insecure people go out and buy new fashion items too stroke their fragile egos so other superficial people will not have negative feelings about them.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 01-15-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Superficial and weak insecure reasoning at it's best... If a so called "fake" wheel is an improvement in reducing unsprung weight it is an improvement to the car.
+ rep. While looking at least decent IMO.

Quick Reply: WTF is up with all the ricers!!