The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

WTF is up with all the ricers!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by nxtfit_08
you see this is not your cup of tea but to others it is since his car and rays car where the most like on this forum!

and as for the look i rather it look nice then spending alot i mean alot of money on trying to make a slow car fast! imo
Rays GD, like his cooper are unique and well put together, with some nice spendy parts.. there is no denying that. But they are still ricey. Not the worst by a long shot though.

The Fit is not that slow, at least the GD Sport MTs aren't.

Even in a straightline they will out run many cars of the last decade, and damn near every car in its class going back decades with the exception of maybe the CR-X.

Lyon got his turbo kit put together and running for less than $2k.. my turbo kit is on target to be the same or less than that..

Nothing I can do about the people who spend double that on useless bolt ons for their Fits, and I consider them ricers as well.

With a little research, even NA Fits can be made fast. Both chassis have a lot of potential. The GE chassis is nicer platform than many give it credit for. Which is where the new B-segment racers are coming from. It trounced the Mazda 2 at Thunderhill.. along with an impressive list of other cars. Even over taking a modded 4.6L mustang at one point.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-10-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:52 PM
WOW you really are slow lexus is toyota! good lord you really dont know what you are talking about do you? let me guess your acura has nothing to do with a honda and its a mazda! in japan the real vip cars witch are lexus over here are toyota!!
You are really dumb for real.

I know that Lexus = Toyota, Honda = Acura, Infiniti = Nissan

However in the USA its a Lexus, not a Toyota. For example, I wouldn't call a Lexus SC300 a Toyota Soarer.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
The term "Modding" makes me think of British teens in the 1960s called "Mods" that rode around on cusomized Vespa and Lambretta motorscooter and dressed in the latest in Carnaby Street clothing.....Really not at all unlike a lot of people that are on Fit Freak.... I think that making modifications to improve a car and customizing for eye appeal are completely different and that people that are customizing shoud use a different word for what they do than modding.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 01-10-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:56 PM
Modding = add performance
Accessorizing = Adding 'hellaflush' wheels, stickers, roof racks

lololololol

Old 01-10-2011, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Slowbros
You are really dumb for real.

I know that Lexus = Toyota, Honda = Acura, Infiniti = Nissan

However in the USA its a Lexus, not a Toyota. For example, I wouldn't call a Lexus SC300 a Toyota Soarer.

you see the only diference between the soarer and the sc is that one is lefthand drive for the stupid states and one is boosted my friend has both!!!! but yet you are saying they are completelt different? wow ok buddy what ever you say there sport!

btw did you sell your rice hooks?lol

Old 01-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Rays GD, like his cooper are unique, with some nice spendy parts.. there is no denying that. But they are still ugly. Not the worst by a long shot though.

The Fit is not that slow, at least the GD Sport MTs aren't.

Even in a straightline they will out run many cars of the last decade, and damn near every car in its class going back decades with the exception of maybe the CR-X.

Lyon got his turbo kit put together and running for less than $2k.. my turbo kit is on target to be the same or less than that..

Nothing I can do about the people who spend double that on useless bolt ons for their Fits, and I consider them ricers as well.

With a little research, even NA Fits can be made fast. Both chassis have a lot of potential. The GE chassis is nicer platform than many give it credit for. Which is where the new B-segment racers are coming from. It trounced the Mazda 2 at Thunderhill.. along with an impressive list of other cars. Even over taking a modded 4.6L mustang at one point.
You make some good points, but what you fail to realize is that a majority of the people on this site don't have the mechanical tools or know-how to put together a turbo kit for under $2,000. Those over-priced bolts ons are easy to install and provide aesthetic benefits which many people enjoy, despite offering minimal performance gains.

And while the Fit certainly does have the potential to be fast, in general it really isn't a fast car. For many people who will never go near a race track in their lives, spending $2,000 on a nice set of wheels and coilovers will be much more rewarding than a home grown turbo build. Once you hit a certain age you begin to realize just how dangerous and stupid street racing is.

And to call these people "ricers" simply because they focus their efforts on imporving their car's looks is not only ignornant but narrow minded. As an automotive enthusiast I would hope you could appreciate the fact that not all custom work is done to win races. It's very much an art form for many people, Ray's GD being one of them.

The term "ricer" doesn't offend me personally. I'm very comfortable in admitting I drive a Honda Fit. But using the term does solidify a negative stereotype of Japanese vehicles that I would very much like to see disappear.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Modding = add performance
Accessorizing = Adding 'hellaflush' wheels, stickers, roof racks

lololololol

witch your car is none of those!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^: rotfl::r otfl:

Old 01-10-2011, 05:01 PM
witch your car is none of those!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^: rotfl::r otfl:
Hmm didn't know coilovers didn't improve handling? Didn't know HKS didn't know how to make performance exhausts? Quality rotors and pads don't make me stop faster? The grippy tires and lights wheels I'm getting next week (which actually fit in the wheel wells) don't aid performance in many ways?

ITR lip and sideskirts don't improve appearance?

For some reason I feel like I fit both categories.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:03 PM
you see the only diference between the soarer and the sc is that one is lefthand drive for the stupid states and one is boosted my friend has both!!!! but yet you are saying they are completelt different? wow ok buddy what ever you say there sport!

btw did you sell your rice hooks?lol
What I said

-------------

Your head.

and yes I did sell them.

you sell your ricey, heavy wheels? your roof rack?

Old 01-10-2011, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Hmm didn't know coilovers didn't improve handling? Didn't know HKS didn't know how to make performance exhausts? Quality rotors and pads don't make me stop faster? The grippy tires and lights wheels I'm getting next week (which actually fit in the wheel wells) don't aid performance in many ways?

ITR lip and sideskirts don't improve appearance?

For some reason I feel like I fit both categories.

your right except for one thing your doing the same thing im doing!!all i have to do is change my wheels and it will out perform you car!! you are so stupid you dont even see what you are saying!!

Old 01-10-2011, 05:06 PM
5 Year Member
What I said

-------------

Your head.

and yes I did sell them.

you sell your ricey, heavy wheels? your roof rack?
wow you really did not say say that short bus!! check your last post you said they where defferent!!

btw im not changing my look to please you ricer!! lol and my wheels really arent that heavy but you would know that since you know eveything!!

Old 01-10-2011, 05:07 PM
your right except for one thing your doing the same thing im doing!!all i have to do is change my wheels and it will out perform you car!! you are so stupid you dont even see what you are saying!!
I'm not hating on the GD as I love these cars but:

-Your L15 will outperform my B18?
-Your KSports will normal rates will outperform my Omni's with track rates or my J's with more extreme rates?
-Your torsion beam rear suspension will outperform my double wishbone?

Old 01-10-2011, 05:08 PM
wow you really did not say say that short bus!! check your last post you said they where defferent!!

btw im not changing my look to please you ricer!! lol and my wheels really arent that heavy but you would know that since you know eveything!!
They are different. Same car essentially, yes. But I'm not a JDM douche who calls everything by the name of its japanese counterpart

Old 01-10-2011, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not hating on the GD as I love these cars but:

-Your L15 will outperform my B18?
-Your KSports will normal rates will outperform my Omni's with track rates or my J's with more extreme rates?
-Your torsion beam rear suspension will outperform my double wishbone?

most likely would due to the fact its not so much the car but the driver!

Old 01-10-2011, 05:10 PM
5 Year Member
They are different. Same car essentially, yes. But I'm not a JDM douche who calls everything by the name of its japanese counterpart

niether am i short bus just stating the truth thats all!

Old 01-10-2011, 05:10 PM
most likely would due to the fact its not so much the car but the driver!
niether am i short bus just stating the truth thats all!
Ahh now you're Ayrton Senna, or have you never heard of him?

tool.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Ahh now you're Ayrton Senna, or have you never heard of him?

tool.

who the hell are you to talk nobody here really knows you its pretty sad when someone takes your side for a min and then finds out that its you then apologizes! lol i thinnk thats pretty funny!

Old 01-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by 2Legit2Fit
You make some good points, but what you fail to realize is that a majority of the people on this site don't have the mechanical tools or know-how to put together a turbo kit for under $2,000. Those over-priced bolts ons are easy to install and provide aesthetic benefits which many people enjoy, despite offering minimal performance gains.

And while the Fit certainly does have the potential to be fast, in general it really isn't a fast car. For many people who will never go near a race track in their lives, spending $2,000 on a nice set of wheels and coilovers will be much more rewarding than a home grown turbo build. Once you hit a certai age you begin to realize just how dangerous and stupid street racing is.

And to call these people "ricers" simply because they focus their efforts on imporving their car's looks is not only ignornant but narrow minded. As an automotive enthusiast I would hope you could appreciate the fact that not all custom work is done to win races. It's very much an art form for many people, Ray's GD being one of them.

The term "ricer" doesn't offend me personally. I'm very comfortable in admitting I drive a Honda Fit. But using the term does solidify a negative stereotype of Japanese vehicles that I would very much like to see disappear.

That's the thing about it though.. with relatively little effort involved over a couple months you could turbo and tune it yourself.. and usually when someone who has taken the time to do that they understand the necessity for updating your rolling gear and suspension. And with a little work on both you now have a very competent car which is a blast on the street or the track. Sometimes it's nice to just open the taps on an empty stretch in the middle of the night when you are only a danger to yourself.

I also have no interest in street racing, FWIW. Sometimes it's just nice being able to merge into the insane 80+mph traffic we have here without having to redline every gear through 3rd just to 'safely' get on the highway. I do go to the track occasionally as well, but giving some torque to the little 1.5 vastly improves it as a DD. Performance is easily quantifiable and you don't need to race illegally to enjoy it.

And when it comes to "improving" aesthetics.. that is subjective.

Ray and many fitfreaks who already dump equal thousands of dollars into accessorizing their cars may think they look nice. That's fine. The rest of the planet finds them eyesores. They look cheap, like toys.

If you want people to drop their negative stereotype of japanese cars.. if it bugs you that much, say something to those you deem as contributing to the problem.

I do, and occasionally I get converts. Then I personally help them rehab their cars. But again, it's like giving participation prizes.. not eveyone needs to be encouraged or supported. I refuse to help with accesorizing, stickers and otherwise useless parts.

If they want it, thats on them. I hope they enjoy it while everyone else laughs.

But since I see this thread is rapidly going down hill I will say that perhaps we will agree to disagree!

Hows this though... since you guys are clearly more forgiving then me in this department, I will try to refrain from commenting on non-functional bits.

By the same token if any of you want help or advice on functional bits PM me.

Even you Slowbros

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-10-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator
I loved rays and towelie car. Rays I loved less when he repainted it but it still was a badass looking car.

Old 01-10-2011, 05:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
I loved rays and towelie car. Rays I loved less when he repainted it but it still was a badass looking car.

you see and theres people in that think there cars looked great so i dont see the hate with my car im in the process on converting it jazz!

Quick Reply: WTF is up with all the ricers!!