The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

WTF is up with all the ricers!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Slowbros
I'd rather see that.
On a fit? Must be a joke, mind as well just keep stock

Old 01-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Eamper
On a fit? Must be a joke, mind as well just keep stock
I'd rather see stock than both.

If you're not going to do something right. Don't do it at all.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:41 PM
I can't think of one knockoff that does it job as well as the real deal.
FACEPALM

IMITATION CRAB FTW

Old 01-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by 2Legit2Fit
FACEPALM

IMITATION CRAB FTW
Real crab ftw

Imitation crab...ewww

Old 01-11-2011, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
I'd rather see stock than both.

If you're not going to do something right. Don't do it at all.
And who is the one who decides what is "Right" and what isn't? You? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it's the one who owns the car. So while I appreciate your opinions on knockoffs, why don't you just go and knock off. lol

Old 01-11-2011, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
And who is the one who decides what is "Right" and what isn't? You? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it's the one who owns the car. So while I appreciate your opinions on knockoffs, why don't you just go and knock off. lol
True, true

Old 01-11-2011, 02:04 PM
So punny I forgot to fap

Old 01-11-2011, 02:44 PM
I have an issue with all knockoff parts

That is not even in the same ball park as what chinese companies do to groups like Shearer, TiAl, Full-Race, etc.

The mark up on a set of Spoon SW388s or some Volk TE37s is absurd, and its because we have kids that will just get their parents to write a check or the d-bags in the Supra/M3/GTR crowds that we even have these prices.

We are talking about a metal disc with a few holes in it.

If my Slips are good enough for a 9 sec drag car, or a circuit team with pockets deep enough for LeMans/Formula aero kits, they are certainly good enough for a $17k Fit.

Not everybody is stupid enough to drop 500/each on some wheels that cost maybe $200 to design, make and distribute all 4 when you have the volume sales they do on.

This is apples to kumquats when you are comparing a rim knock off to a SMIM knockoff, v-band turbine housings or a tubular ramhorn divided T4 manifold which are competitively priced, made from very expensive materials with months to years of R&D.

Save your hate for something that makes sense.

Volk, Spoon et al. need the competition in the wheel arena. Fuck em. Their prices are astronomically disproportionate to their costs.

If you want some nice light authentic wheels, and you feel like paying $1000 or more, save yourself at least $120 and get some motegi track lights.

I can get a $10k 5speed PPG or PAR DogBox trans for my AWD, yet you expect people to pony up $2k for some wheels?

It's only because we have dumb fucks who will pay that price that they can rape us on the margin that badly.

Again, fuck em, they badly need the competition and a reality check.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-11-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
That is not even in the same ball park as what chinese companies do to groups like Shearer, TiAl, Full-Race, etc.

The mark up on a set of Spoon SW388s or some Volk TE37s is absurd, and its because we have kids that will just get their parents to write a check or the d-bags in the Supra/M3/GTR crowds that we even have these prices.

If my Slips are good enough for a 9 sec drag car, or a circuit team with pockets deep enough for LeMans/Formula aero kits, they are certainly good enough for a $17k Fit.

Not everybody is stupid enough to drop 500/each on some wheels that cost maybe $200 to design, make and distribute all 4 when you have the volume sales they do on.

This is apples to kumquats when you are comparing a rim knock off to a SMIM knockoff, v-band turbine housings or a tubular ramhorn divided T4 manifold which are competitively priced, made from very expensive materials with months to years of R&D.

Volk, Spoon et al. need the competition in the wheel arena. Fuck em. Their prices are astronomically disproportionate to their costs.

If you want some nice light authentic wheels, and you feel like paying $1000 or more, save yourself at least $120 and get some motegi track lights.

I can get a $10k 5speed PPG or PAR DogBox trans for my AWD, yet you expect people to pony up $2k for some wheels?

It's only because we have dumb fucks who will pay that price that they can rape us on the margin that badly.

I got my rg2s by buying cheap sets of 18 inch re30s for $500-600 with curb rash then got them reconditioned for another $300 and resold them for $1500 making a $600 profit. Got know how to work the market to play with the big boys AK the people with massive pockets.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Noxm09
I got my rg2s by buying cheap sets of 18 inch re30s for $500-600 with curb rash then got them reconditioned for another $300 and resold them for $1500 making a $600 profit. Got know how to work the market to play with the big boys AK the people with massive pockets.
Way to completely miss the goddamn point. Any jackass can hustle parts to afford one expensive piece. As far as playing with the big boys? What the fuck are you talking about?

You are talking to a guy who has a custom hotside and a race cover on the compressor side (S300 comp cover on a S200 family wheel) on a $1300 turbo in a Land Speed and Standing Mile car.. Which is what I'd rather focus my time and efforts on, instead of playing pawn shop to get parts.

Specifically referring to the wheel market.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-11-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
thats what ive been saying!!

yet again agreed! hints the reason that i have 501s un till i can find a way to get some different wheels

Old 01-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Do you really think that no R&D goes into making quality wheels?

Also, what time attack/lemans car is on Rotas?

I know the Sierra Sierra Evo isn't...

Old 01-11-2011, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member

Rota

Old 01-11-2011, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Way to completely miss the goddamn point. Any jackass can hustle parts to afford one expensive piece. As far as playing with the big boys? What the fuck are you talking about?

You are talking to a guy who has a custom hotside and a race cover on the compressor side (S300 comp cover on a S200 family wheel) on a $1300 turbo in a Land Speed and Standing Mile car.. Which is what I'd rather focus my time and efforts on, instead of playing pawn shop to get parts.

Specifically referring to the wheel market.
Lol I was trying to say that I actually took advantage of the wheel market. And as for the point I didnt read your whole reply currently on a Droid incredible

Old 01-11-2011, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
Rota

WOW someone just got there foot in theyre mouth!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 04:18 PM

Dude, turn off troll mode sometime.. I think we could probably get along and seem to agree on more than a couple points, but really? Where do I benefit in making this shit up? lol

Find the sentence where I said no R&D, you won't.

I also never said time attack, and if you read carefully you will notice I used Formula/LeMans as an example of the budget that is bestowed to the group's aero team, I know this because I was told by one of the guys from Yokohama working on the car..

I am still looking for my links and images which for some reason I haven't put on my image host so I will have to sift through my computers...

Notice how you didn't question the fact that they are prevalent in the drag world. It's because they work.

They will stand up over and over again to the task of funneling 1000whp+ down the drag strip, which is more stress than any Fit on this forum will put them through. Including the lateral flexing which I will guaran-fucking-tee you is not insignificant in a drag car.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-11-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Noxm09
Lol I was trying to say that I actually took advantage of the wheel market. And as for the point I didnt read your whole reply currently on a Droid incredible

Thats perfectly fine. Pardon my rant then

On an unrelated note.. how do you like the Droid? I need a new phone soon haha

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-11-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:22 PM
Rota
Ha! Nice find.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member
Dude, turn off troll mode sometime.. I think we could probably get along and seem to agree on more than a couple points, but really? Where do I benefit in making this shit up? lol

Find the sentence where I said no R&D, you won't.

I also never said time attack, and if you read carefully you will notice I used Formula/LeMans as an example of the budget that is bestowed to the group's aero team, I know this because I was told by one of the guys from Yokohama working on the car..

I am still looking for my links and images which for some reason I haven't put on my image host so I will have to sift through my computers...

Notice how you didn't question the fact that they are prevalent in the drag world. It's because they work.

They will stand up over and over again to the task of funneling 1000whp+ down the drag strip, which is more stress than any Fit on this forum will put them through. Including the lateral flexing which I will guaran-fucking-tee you is not insignificant in a drag car.
nice but hes a little slow remeber he does know everything that has to do with rice! lol like saying that knock offs suck but they are used for racing how ironick or should i say moronick!

Old 01-11-2011, 04:34 PM
5 Year Member
Thats perfectly fine. Pardon my rant then

On an unrelated note.. how do you like the Droid? I need a new phone soon haha
Lol np I love the phone its pretty amazing but it just sucks when your in a none 3g area aka my work location plus the phone version of this forum blows hard so I load the original site which takes for ever on 1g plus I have to keep zooming in and out causing me to skip comments most the time

Quick Reply: WTF is up with all the ricers!!