The Wasteland The wasteland is unmoderated. Please do not enter if you have a weak stomach or can easily be offended. Only Administrators will have the right to moderate posts here.

WTF is up with all the ricers!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Your car did look really quite nice man, even though the japanese license tags look just as out of place as the german tags you see on BMWs MBs and Audis. But those are still pretty subtle and not obnoxious, just odd

Because they are rice.

And sure as hell don't look "race" prepped or "VIP." They look like you should pray that you don't bottom out on a pothole and have your tire forcibly remove the inside of your wheel well.

Or jamming the sidewall into the knuckle or the shock perch.

That is just how the rest of the tuning community sees these stupid trends.
thats what im talking about vip cars are hella flush!!!! look at them again and all of theyre rims and tires are stretched and low offset and as for being low the use bags and theres the very few that drive them static with out bags.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Proper VIP cars are NOT hellaflush.

Hellaflush:

VIP:

^I see very little if any poke. The lip of the wheel just kisses the fender.

Also: A Fit will NEVER be VIP. It can attempt to be VIP style but it is not VIP.

As for you not understanding that hellaflush is rice.

Hellaflush in Hondas/Toyotas/etc. is a passing fad just like the LED's, Body kits, etc. that you are on a tirade against.

Some people like hellaflush, some hate it.

Some people like body kits, some hate them.

Hmm....

Oh BTW:

Your car rides way too high to be considered hellaflush

Old 01-10-2011, 03:48 PM
This is what people think of when the word VIP gets tossed around:

Or this:

You don't have to own a Benz or a Ferrari, but it is a formula to follow.

That looks sharp and is fully functional.

Notice how you can fit more than a sheet of paper in that wheel gap.

You don't have to fear even the wimpiest of speed bumps.. yet it still looks clean and refined.

I'm not saying your Fit has to compete with a Ferrari, but at least use that as something to shoot for.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:53 PM
This is what people think of when the word VIP gets tossed around:

Or this:

You don't have to own a Benz or a Ferrari, but it is a formula to follow.

That looks sharp and is fully functional.

Notice how you can fit more than a sheet of paper in that wheel gap.

You don't have to fear even the wimpiest of speed bumps.. yet it still looks clean and refined.

I'm not saying your Fit has to compete with a Ferrari, but at least use that as something to shoot for.
I'd consider both of those Grand Touring (GT) cars

Not arguing, but if you go to VIPStylecars (another forum) the majority of the cars are:
-Lexus LS400
-Infiniti Q45
-Lexus GS3/400
-Toyota Previa
-Honda Odyssey

Old 01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Form should follow function... People arguing about what is proper or what isn't about cars that would have been called garbage barges a few decades ago is ridiculous... If I can get something that functions as well as a more expensive part I am going to buy it and use it.... Of course this is the same old argument except it was wheels before.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Slowbros
I'd consider both of those Grand Touring (GT) cars

Not arguing, but if you go to VIPStylecars (another forum) the majority of the cars are:
-Lexus LS400
-Infiniti Q45
-Lexus GS3/400
-Toyota Previa
-Honda Odyssey

I would tend to agree with that, I just grabbed a couple extreme examples of similar style.

Also, I like working on benz's and ferrari's.

My girlfriends boss has a 308 and a 512 I do service on when the need arises. There is also a Heffner TT Gallardo owned by a friends father one town over that I have gotten to play with to name a few of the more spendy rides I get my inspiration from. Clean is cool.

Flashy look at me BS is old and tired. It's like you are overcompensating for something at that point.

And Dee, as usual you are right on the money! Function>Form

So make it work, then make it pretty. They do not have to be mutually exclusive.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 01-10-2011 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:58 PM
5 Year Member
Proper VIP cars are NOT hellaflush.

Hellaflush:

VIP:

^I see very little if any poke. The lip of the wheel just kisses the fender.

Also: A Fit will NEVER be VIP. It can attempt to be VIP style but it is not VIP.

As for you not understanding that hellaflush is rice.

Hellaflush in Hondas/Toyotas/etc. is a passing fad just like the LED's, Body kits, etc. that you are on a tirade against.

Some people like hellaflush, some hate it.

Some people like body kits, some hate them.

Hmm....

Oh BTW:

Your car rides way too high to be considered hellaflush

you do realized the car you just posted as a vip car is a toyota right???
and there is alot of poke and as for getting that rim to sit that way he had to of stretch the shit out o that tire!

as for my car i never considered it hellaflush you guys said that i was!! i was just asking why so much hate on hellaflush and thank you for informing me about whats hellaflush and whats vip!!!

btw hellaflush!!

vip!!

same car you just posted from the front so know what you are talking about yet again!!

Old 01-10-2011, 03:59 PM
I would tend to agree with that, I just grabbed a couple extreme examples of similar style.
Sounds good to me

BTW

For the first time ever.

I agree with all your posts this thread.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by nxtfit_08
vip!!

same car you just posted from the front so know what you are talking about yet again!!
That's the same car eh?

Why are there different:
wheels
sideskirts

Probably more but that was a 1 second glance

I see your so JDM you call a Lexus a Toyota

Old 01-10-2011, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
That's the same car eh?

Why are there different:
wheels
sideskirts

Probably more but that was a 1 second glance

I see your so JDM you call a Lexus a Toyota

WOW you really are slow lexus is toyota! good lord you really dont know what you are talking about do you? let me guess your acura has nothing to do with a honda and its a mazda! in japan the real vip cars witch are lexus over here are toyota!!

Old 01-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Sounds good to me

BTW

For the first time ever.

I agree with all your posts this thread.
Isn't that scary.

Well, I have been in agreement with yours as well. I'll try to keep that in mind in future threads.. and it looks like all of us hate "ricers" whatever they may be. So we've got that in common!

Old 01-10-2011, 04:11 PM
This car:

With some proper suspension, wheels and tires that fit, could be a nice ride.

In that configuration it looks absolutely retarded.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
Isn't that scary.

Well, I have been in agreement with yours as well. I'll try to keep that in mind in future threads.. and it looks like all of us hate "ricers" whatever they may be. So we've got that in common!
we do have that in common.
but i really cant agree with slowbros!!
he doesnt know the diference between a lexus/toyota and a honda/acura

Old 01-10-2011, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
This car:

With some proper suspension, wheels and tires that fit, could be a nice ride.

In that configuration it looks absolutely retarded.
but thats your opinion! but im trying to show slow the diference between hella flush and vip

btw what did you think of towlies fit when he had his bbs he was part of hellaflush!!!
Name:  myfit2-1.jpg
Views: 747
Size:  43.2 KB

Name:  newpiccolor.png
Views: 740
Size:  322.2 KB

Old 01-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by nxtfit_08
we do have that in common.
but i really cant agree with slowbros!!
he doesnt know the diference between a lexus/toyota and a honda/acura

Eh, we're both pretty rough around the edges some days. In this case I will point out that he is right, those were two different lexus' but to me, like you said they are all toyotas and hondas.

Just like all chevys are GM, nissan/infiniti etc.

So that may be a matter of interpretation. Or how your brain organizes them.

Much like how there are subtle differences in what is acceptable as flush or VIP. The range of interpretation is pretty wide. Which is how some of those wheeled abortion sneak under the radar as VIP or flush.. They are both impractical and pointless. Which is a lot of money to spend to make something less reliable, safe and useful than when you bought it and not see any real gain from your work.

I'd rather have an ugly POS that performs then a shiny pos that does.. well.. nothing, really.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:26 PM
This:

Name:  newpiccolor.png
Views: 3710
Size:  322.2 KB

Is the sort of thing that almost makes me want to sell my GD so as not to be associated with the kids that do this to perfectly nice cars. He has simultaneously crippled that car while making it louder

Duckbill'd, stickered, dropped, fart canned nastiness. Thats almost like what you see people do to jeepneys in the Phillipines and India.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:30 PM
5 Year Member
Eh, we're both pretty rough around the edges some days. In this case I will point out that he is right, those were two different lexus' but to me, like you said they are all toyotas and hondas.

Just like all chevys are GM, nissan/infiniti etc.

So that may be a matter of interpretation. Or how your brain organizes them.

Much like how there are subtle differences in what is acceptable as flush or VIP. The range of interpretation is pretty wide. Which is how some of those wheeled abortion sneak under the radar as VIP or flush.. They are both impractical and pointless. Which is a lot of money to spend to make something less reliable, safe and useful than when you bought it and not see any real gain from your work.

I'd rather have an ugly POS that performs then a shiny pos that does.. well.. nothing, really.
A car that looks great and doesn't perform to please is like a woman that looks great and doesn't perform to please...... Pretty worthless in my opinion.... Certainly not worth spending your money on.

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 01-10-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
This:

Is the sort of thing that almost makes me want to sell my GD so as not to be associated with the kids that do this to perfectly nice cars. He has simultaneously crippled that car while making it louder

Duckbill'd, stickered, dropped, fart canned nastiness. Thats almost like what you see people do to jeepneys in the Phillipines and India.

you see this is not your cup of tea but to others it is since his car and rays car where the most like on this forum!

and as for the look i rather it look nice then spending alot i mean alot of money on trying to make a slow car fast! imo

Old 01-10-2011, 04:43 PM
5 Year Member
Ray's car suffered terribly and died when it front end was ripped out of it and the oil pan was busted after having been busted numerous times...... Sitting too low is a terrible mistake.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:44 PM
5 Year Member
In no way shape or form am I trying to join into this argument but I just want to be clear on what exactly we are considering rice? I mean when i see a civic with spray painted brake drums, tape on hood scoops and chrome side vents and that god awful chrome trim everywhere i think rice. But maybe this is not the definition of rice you are all going on.

Personally if i see a car that at first glance may appear ricey but has actually had alot of time effort and knowledge put into the mods then its not so ricey.

But if it is poorly done and looks cheap/useless then in my mind its a little ricey. I am not against inexpensive parts because lets face it, tuning and modding is balls deep pricey but when its carried out hastily it usually looks like shit.

Quick Reply: WTF is up with all the ricers!!