1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

The Official "Transferable parts from GE8 to GD3" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:33 PM
I am still very interested in if the head of the L15A7 can fit on to a L15A1 engine purely for the purpose of putting the sprintex supercharger on... maybe it would be easier finding a way of fitting the charger to the L15A1? There is wrecker selling used and working honda fit engines of all sorts at $200 each!!!

here is a diagram of the supercharger...

http://www.sprintex.com.au.cust.webi...ger_System.pdf

Old 10-16-2013, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lipkel
I am still very interested in if the head of the L15A7 can fit on to a L15A1 engine purely for the purpose of putting the sprintex supercharger on... maybe it would be easier finding a way of fitting the charger to the L15A1? There is wrecker selling used and working honda fit engines of all sorts at $200 each!!!

here is a diagram of the supercharger...

http://www.sprintex.com.au.cust.webi...ger_System.pdf
I personally haven't seen anyone attempt it but would doubt it (still eager to see it tried though). I'm more interested in finding out if the intake manifolds are for sure interchangeable...

... since in theory/logically thinking if the intake manifolds are compatible via both the L15A1, L15A7, and LEA. The Sprintex kit could work with the L15A1 with some possible modification(s) to the supercharger's belt pulley location, the tube/pipe running from the throttle body into the supercharger unit itself, and possibly other small details/items.

[Long day, last semi-brain dead post of the night ]

Old 10-16-2013, 12:23 AM
Banned
No need to change the head that is not the determining factor in mounting the supercharger.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:57 AM
bought some df210s off craigslist. ad said they were 07-08 gd3 springs.

just got them, and turns out theyre ge8 df210s

besides the springs rates and drop being different, will these springs fit on my GD3? if not, theyre for sale

Old 11-03-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm really interested to know if the GE8 rods have the same measurements as the GD3 rods. I'm going to turbo my gd3 next week and I've had a slight knocking noise (possibly from a slightly lose piston pin) and I'm going to drop in some forged pistons/rods to try and aim for 200whp.

Are the rods interchangeable?

Old 12-12-2013, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Does anyone know if the Mugen rear wings from the GE8's fit on the GD3?

I want to say no but can anyone confirm?

Old 08-04-2014, 11:17 AM
ge8 wing fit gd3?

Old 12-05-2014, 02:12 AM
Has anyone tried the OEM USDM GE8 factory LED stop light brake light on a GD3? The mounting looks to be the same and only the plug would have to be modified.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
So much data untouched in here.

I want to know about the TB still and I know there was talk about the upper plenum being able to fit. Curious about this and the gains.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:14 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Ok so some top secret work I have been conducting with TPColgett, the ge8 valvetrain will not work with the gd3 head due to solid cast cam caps on both.

Upper intake plenum will work with either lower aluminum runner but they need to have the same throttle body. (ge8 intake chamber needs ge8 throttle body)

The lower runner needs to stick with each head since the egr is cast part way into the intake runners.

ge8 and gd3 have the same spec internals aside from the pistons. the ge8 has a different dome design and better coating on the piston skirts.

any other questions regarding the motor?

My next move will be testing the gk pistons on gd rods and if that doesn't work than I will just run k1 rods with gk pistons.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
Ok so some top secret work I have been conducting with TPColgett, the ge8 valvetrain will not work with the gd3 head due to solid cast cam caps on both.

Upper intake plenum will work with either lower aluminum runner but they need to have the same throttle body. (ge8 intake chamber needs ge8 throttle body)

The lower runner needs to stick with each head since the egr is cast part way into the intake runners.

ge8 and gd3 have the same spec internals aside from the pistons. the ge8 has a different dome design and better coating on the piston skirts.

Wait, so the GE8 upper intake plenum and throttle body is INDEED CONFIRMED to work on the GD3? If so... is this plug and play, will revisions with Flash Pro be needed (likely I'm guessing), and finally has anyone done any dyno runs with the GE8 plenum swap?

Old 01-29-2015, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member

My next move will be testing the gk pistons on gd rods and if that doesn't work than I will just run k1 rods with gk pistons.
Nice find, but I'm on the same boat as Hootie. Is the GE8 drive by wire or drive by cable?

Old 01-29-2015, 03:24 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
From seeing a pin out chart the throttle bodies are the same connector.

You will probably see a difference due to the dual plenum design of the ge8 intake chamber but I don't have it on my car currently. Just testing parts on my spare engine right now.

Old 01-29-2015, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
I see. I was wondering about that... I recently acquired a GE8 upper intake, throttle body and a few other goods from a local Formula F driver and was wondering about the compatibility.

I'll try to get it installed either this or next weekend and see if I can get some dyno testing done.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
I see. I was wondering about that... I recently acquired a GE8 upper intake, throttle body and a few other goods from a local Formula F driver and was wondering about the compatibility.

I'll try to get it installed either this or next weekend and see if I can get some dyno testing done.
Let us know how it goes, how big is the opening for the upper intake and throttle body? I remember seeing it was around 55mm stock.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:26 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
perhaps your buddy will also allow you to test out that formula l15a7 cast manifold that comes with the motor? 3rd wave harmonic tuning design.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by derykisonder
Let us know how it goes, how big is the opening for the upper intake and throttle body? I remember seeing it was around 55mm stock.
Not sure, I'll have to remember to measure it sometime. Its been in my hatch for a few days but I haven't really had a chance to sit down and look at it yet.

perhaps your buddy will also allow you to test out that formula l15a7 cast manifold that comes with the motor? 3rd wave harmonic tuning design.
It wasn't a buddy... Just a random member at the location clearing his garage and about to THROW IT AWAY. If I see them at the track again, I'll ask though.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
I've thought about that (I've worked on Formula F's with the Honda motor), but the throttle body is in a completely different position and uses a cable driven TB, not drive by wire. Maybe could be made to work but wouldn't be easy...

Old 01-31-2015, 07:24 PM
5 Year Member
In for Hootie's update of A7 plenum/TB on L15A1. Hope it's close to plug & play and yields mad torquez and a few WHP.

Old 01-31-2015, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
I saw the R18 throttle body combined with GD3 upper manifold and it looks clean. 55mm for both directions to so it's not too bad. Remember that the stock throttle body in the GD3 is only 50mm so it's a big improvement and it only costs $130

Quick Reply: The Official "Transferable parts from GE8 to GD3" Thread