2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Sprintex Supercharger Install

Old 04-15-2018, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers View Post
Hondapartsnow shows the diagram, but I usually buy from Bernardi Honda online.

I replaced the whole assembly... part number 31170-RB0-J02 for $152.

But maybe you could get away with just replacing the idler pulley 31180-55A-003 and/or bearing cover 31185-RB0-J01 for far far cheaper, $75 for pulley and $5 for the cover.

I didn't go that route because I wasn't sure if I needed to repack grease/lube with the new parts. And that was something I didn't want to deal with.

Speaking of repacking grease, maybe you could just do that.
actually i think it might be an alignment issue, might loosen up some of the bolts on the new idler.

Old 05-19-2018, 07:59 PM
Supercharger is ordered!! First time installing one! It should be fun, I have been trying to learn as much as I can from this thread before it gets here so hopefully i will be able to get it all done right!

Old 05-21-2018, 08:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GE8girl22 View Post
Supercharger is ordered!! First time installing one! It should be fun, I have been trying to learn as much as I can from this thread before it gets here so hopefully i will be able to get it all done right!
There are a few more condense versions of this thread. There is alot of good "lesson's" learned in this thread that has helped me tremendously!

The biggest one I found helpful was bracket alignment of the throttle body. Because I saw the error on here, it stuck out to me when I was putting mine together and I was able to get my throttle body and intake on perhaps as good as the was when it was STOCK!

I haven't finished my tuning just yet... so I am just waiting for everything to finalize before I post all of my experiences. But I am soooooo close!!! still working with the tuner, but I am RIGHT there at it.

Old 05-21-2018, 04:27 PM
Anyone have the P2647 Vtec rocker arm 1 code come up after install?

I've tried all the options I'm know of to try and get it to clear but it won't. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

I have looked up the code in the search engine and tried the suggested repairs, but no luck.

Old 10-15-2018, 11:13 PM
Well i got the supercharger all bolted up. I Could not get the broken screw that secures the MAP sensor on the supercharger manifold out. Might have to get a machine shop to help. Grade 12.9 screws are hard to drill.I just test drove it with the sensor plugged in but not screwed down. I don't know if that could cause any problems.

Any way, I'm having some problems with it stalling out. It seems to be kinda random but sometimes it happens after being on the throttle and then getting off of it. When i go to push the gas again it sputters and stalls and i get a misfire code for most cylinders. I checked the O2 sensor ( the AF ratio sensor NOT the post cat sensor) And it seems to be running super rich. ( the current is -1 to -2 milliamps ) The Short term fuel trim is over 40 and the long term between 2-7 ish. Anyone know what i could try to fix it? The car is idling around 680-715 RPM The weird thing is the Equivalence ratio on my scanner is showing the car LEAN. 1.3-1.999) I don't think the car is lean because all the o2 sensors are telling me its rich and I can smell fuel in the exhaust IM just confused now..

Old 11-20-2018, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GE8girl22 View Post
Well i got the supercharger all bolted up. I Could not get the broken screw that secures the MAP sensor on the supercharger manifold out. Might have to get a machine shop to help. Grade 12.9 screws are hard to drill.I just test drove it with the sensor plugged in but not screwed down. I don't know if that could cause any problems.

Any way, I'm having some problems with it stalling out. It seems to be kinda random but sometimes it happens after being on the throttle and then getting off of it. When i go to push the gas again it sputters and stalls and i get a misfire code for most cylinders. I checked the O2 sensor ( the AF ratio sensor NOT the post cat sensor) And it seems to be running super rich. ( the current is -1 to -2 milliamps ) The Short term fuel trim is over 40 and the long term between 2-7 ish. Anyone know what i could try to fix it? The car is idling around 680-715 RPM The weird thing is the Equivalence ratio on my scanner is showing the car LEAN. 1.3-1.999) I don't think the car is lean because all the o2 sensors are telling me its rich and I can smell fuel in the exhaust IM just confused now..

who is your tuner? Johnny's and I also had fuel trim issues and we both had to ask Kenny to adjust ours a little bit. It was literally the final stages of our tuning.