3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by ToothlessBart
Set the tire pressure to the correct amount.

After 30 days of ownership the tire pressure warning light came on. I checked while cold, all were at 37 and so I lowered each to 32. That sure smoothed out the ride. I though I once heard you should always check the pressure on a new car because the dealerships tend to put in too much.
Hmmm, interesting; I swapped my tires by design within 2 months of Fit purchase since insurance payed for my new Yokahamas, and I wanted them back. However, I also noted a bit of bounciness in the ride on the original Bridgestones, and never considered the possible effect of over-inflation. Will keep in mind for future vehicle ruminations (or at least as long as this retired brain will allow).

Old 07-25-2015, 10:24 PM
5 Year Member
Today I spent 3 hours with a claybar just getting the 2 front rims ready for polish and a few coats of ReJex. .It's the only product I know of that dust from brake pads won't stick to. I've had my Fit now for about 3 weeks and I'm just getting to the wheels. I've done the front and the roof with 3 coats on the hood and bumper since that's the most important part to do first. It is the only thing that will stop love bugs from eating the clear coat that I've ever found. The trouble is I had to take off whatever the dealership put on and get the surface ready for it. ReJex is a sealent so I wanted the clear coat to be as nice and polished as I could make by hand as me and a buffer are a dangerous combination.

Old 07-26-2015, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
Old 07-26-2015, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
WagovanMan I was wondering what you did to your rims? Maybe it is my old eye's but they look black like they were plastic dipped. I like the WOP but I went with Passion Berry on my new Fit. I'm thinking about putting on a set of DWS' s 205-50-16 on the factory rims. .

Old 07-26-2015, 07:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bossharp
WagovanMan I was wondering what you did to your rims? Maybe it is my old eye's but they look black like they were plastic dipped. I like the WOP but I went with Passion Berry on my new Fit. I'm thinking about putting on a set of DWS' s 205-50-16 on the factory rims. .
They are indeed dipped. Did that part myself. Took several hours to do it right but came out pretty good. If I had gone dark, it would have been the Passion Berry and I would probably have dipped wheels dark gold.

Old 07-26-2015, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
It's a good look and you can change it if the mood strikes you. I've never used it myself but on my Fit I'll be looking at different ways to make it mine. I'm really looking forward to mods as time and money and of course, my wife allow. She was just glad I found something to replace the MX5 Miata we had. So far our Fit has proven to be the most practical and versatile vehicle I've ever had by far!

Old 07-26-2015, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Today...

I washed my Fit... I got all around with the wash, and when I was waxing, I got done with the drivers side, half of the roof, and the spoiler and BOOM. RAIN... so far my car has been fully washed and rinsed twice (I just bought it June 30th)...and waxed twice... ONLY on the drivers side, due to incliment weather. It's a little infuriating... my wife suggested I start waxing on the passenger side next time, haha.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:08 AM
Purchased it. I traded my Oxygen Blue 2010 Mini Cooper for a Crystal Black Pearl 2015 Fit EX. It's not a bad car, but the lack of feeling is pretty jarring. I'll get used to it, I am sure, and it is way more practical than the Mini.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:26 AM
Mental Math

Drove myself and navigator to north Georgia on Monday, leaving the week-end crowd at their labors. Started with a half-tank of gas after a few days of mostly surface street, in-town driving averaging about 29 mpg. Following a cross-country drive to Brasstown Bald (highest point in our state), our average had bumped up to about 33 mpg. Our final lap home was exclusively on limited access or interstate highways, which included 62 miles to the home exit (Garmin calculated), with a Fit-calculated Range of 73 miles, theoretically giving me an 11-mile Range surplus (I guesstimate Honda reserves [does not report] somewhere around 30-40 Range miles for an additional buffer). The speed limit was 70 mph all the way, so with Econ on, VSA on, and cruise control off, it was a speed-limit CVT drive without a stop. I watched three numbers during this leg: the distance to the exit decrease, mpg increase, and Range decrease as time passed. It was amusing to watch the gap between Range and remaining distance widen as the drive continued, reflecting the performance gain under ideal driving conditions. At the destination/exit, I had a remaining distance of 0, average of 35 mpg, and Range of 25 miles, showing a 14 mile gain over the beginning estimate surplus. Right, there is nothing new here, but it was fun to watch all the on-board computing "do its thing".
20 degrees (F) cooler than home.
Name:  bpXzWPt.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  773.5 KB

Last edited by Fitster C.; 07-28-2015 at 11:47 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-28-2015, 08:14 PM
Just installed cheap wal mart dash cam. Tried it out a little. Like it so far, but if it fails I will be getting a G1W.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
I got the 2 rear rims clay barred and got ALL of my Fit completely washed. Because my wrist can only take so much a day without carpel tunnel syndrome showing up I usually do a car in stages. When I get a new one it takes a while to learn it. One thing for sure if there was a top quality aftermarket carpet kit available for my new Fit I would drop some serious cash on it. It is a great car in every way and I truly believe if Honda offered a real upscale trim level I think lots of folks would buy it. Just think if there was one with great sound proofing, carpet, and cloth seats other than plain cheep black and maybe a real armrest at $1,500.00 higher MSRP I would have ordered it no problem!

Old 07-30-2015, 05:09 PM
5 Year Member
Wash, wax, and RainX. Then a nap.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by _craven_
I was going to post these photos a few days ago

What are you using for additional lighting on these shots, or are you using a darken/burn brush on the file? (fellow photog)

Old 07-31-2015, 09:35 AM
Today I spent 3 hours with a claybar just getting the 2 front rims ready for polish and a few coats of ReJex. .It's the only product I know of that dust from brake pads won't stick to. I've had my Fit now for about 3 weeks and I'm just getting to the wheels. I've done the front and the roof with 3 coats on the hood and bumper since that's the most important part to do first. It is the only thing that will stop love bugs from eating the clear coat that I've ever found. The trouble is I had to take off whatever the dealership put on and get the surface ready for it. ReJex is a sealent so I wanted the clear coat to be as nice and polished as I could make by hand as me and a buffer are a dangerous combination.
Ever heard of a product called Bug Slide? I use it on my motorcycle and now my Fit. It works great! I put it on the car before driving to Ohio and back (700 miles one way) this past week and the bug juice just came right off when I washed the car.

http://www.amazon.com/Bug-Slide-trigger-Cleaner-Remover/dp/B004CMDDOC http://www.amazon.com/Bug-Slide-trigger-Cleaner-Remover/dp/B004CMDDOC

Last edited by Wallygator; 07-31-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-31-2015, 10:50 AM
5 Year Member
No I've never seen it before. .Since its a polish and cleaner it is not what I looked for. ReJex is a sealent that makes the clear coat really slick so bugs do not stick in the first place. It was designed to apply to the front edge of aircraft wings and it really, really works great on automobiles. It doesn't adhere to wax well so to use it you need to strip off the wax first then prep to get the surface as good as you can. I first discovered it when I bought a SRT 10 truck and was on the forums. Check it out! Once you use it it's hard to back to just wax because it makes your paint so protected and easily cleaned. Kinda like a clear bra does. Some people will use wax on top of ReJex to get a deeper look but I never have. What causes damage to paint is not the acid in bug bodies but bacteria as it decomposes. If you have to park under trees that drip sap or have a bird fecal problems it will give you a little more time to get it off with no damage at all..

Old 08-01-2015, 03:54 AM
Subd for the goodness and future contribution. All I did today was ride it hard and shop for wheels/tires. Not as many options as in the off roading world from whence I came (this is my first car/not truck).

Old 08-02-2015, 03:45 AM
No I've never seen it before. .Since its a polish and cleaner it is not what I looked for. ReJex is a sealent that makes the clear coat really slick so bugs do not stick in the first place. It was designed to apply to the front edge of aircraft wings and it really, really works great on automobiles. It doesn't adhere to wax well so to use it you need to strip off the wax first then prep to get the surface as good as you can. I first discovered it when I bought a SRT 10 truck and was on the forums. Check it out! Once you use it it's hard to back to just wax because it makes your paint so protected and easily cleaned. Kinda like a clear bra does. Some people will use wax on top of ReJex to get a deeper look but I never have. What causes damage to paint is not the acid in bug bodies but bacteria as it decomposes. If you have to park under trees that drip sap or have a bird fecal problems it will give you a little more time to get it off with no damage at all..
I will check it out. Thanks!

Old 08-02-2015, 03:47 AM
Originally Posted by Fitster C.
Ahhh, the Blue Ridge mountains...Love 'em!

Old 08-03-2015, 12:37 AM
5 Year Member
Today I...

Threw a deer at my 2015 EX...

We scared the... nevermind...

Old 08-03-2015, 12:57 AM
5 Year Member
I hit one 4 months ago with my 2005 Crown Vic Sport...I had hit the brakes hard and slowed down to about 10 mph.I gave it a headache for sure but no damage to Vic and the deer ran off quick. I'm glad you were not hurt as big animals can kill you if they come thru the windshield.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?