3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 06:53 AM
Awesome Mod

Originally Posted by hydesg
brought him out for a photoshoot
Please share links from where you bought the exterior parts. Its looking mind boggling.. Probably the best one around.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
I don't think the MPG hit is from wider tires, it's probably from larger diameter rims that are likely heavier than stock.

I'm running 205/50/16 on stock rims and no drastic MPG difference. In fact filled up last night and got about 43 MPG.
The Enkei wheels, while larger, are actually lighter than stock. I get better mpg with them on stop go short trips. The problem is 99.9% of my driving is highway. I don't know the reason but I do know that with the stock wheels I am getting an overall average of 46 mpg and with the Enkei's I was getting an average of 36 mpg.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member
I don't think the MPG hit is from wider tires, it's probably from larger diameter rims that are likely heavier than stock.

I'm running 205/50/16 on stock rims and no drastic MPG difference. In fact filled up last night and got about 43 MPG.
Damn! Must be flat highway miles.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by It's Me
The Enkei wheels, while larger, are actually lighter than stock. I get better mpg with them on stop go short trips. The problem is 99.9% of my driving is highway. I don't know the reason but I do know that with the stock wheels I am getting an overall average of 46 mpg and with the Enkei's I was getting an average of 36 mpg.
The Enkei wheels may be lighter, but what about the wheels + tires compared to the stock wheel + tire. What does the stock wheel + tire weigh? I should have weighed before putting 205/50/16 on stock tires but I forgot.

Could it also be that w/ a different offset, the wheel/tire stick out further than the wheel arches affecting your aerodynamics on the highway?

Old 05-09-2017, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by first honda
Damn! Must be flat highway miles.
I wouldn't say completely flat. I'm in Northern VA so we've got rolling hills for sure. Enough of them that I don't use cruise control the whole time. I know the hills on my commute where CC will bump up the RPM to maintain speed. If I'm willing to lose a few MPH on the uphill side but keep RPM around 2K it's better on mileage. I compensate by accelerating downhill. It's a hypermiling technique I found and works pretty well. Best full tank MPG has been 47 MPG calculated not what the onboard computer says.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:41 AM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't say completely flat. I'm in Northern VA so we've got rolling hills for sure. Enough of them that I don't use cruise control the whole time. I know the hills on my commute where CC will bump up the RPM to maintain speed. If I'm willing to lose a few MPH on the uphill side but keep RPM around 2K it's better on mileage. I compensate by accelerating downhill. It's a hypermiling technique I found and works pretty well. Best full tank MPG has been 47 MPG calculated not what the onboard computer says.
Circumference, circumference, circumference. How tall is each wheel/tire combo? Speedo readings different giving different mileage, neither very accurate.

But I agree about the cruise control. Heading east from Nashville is a continuous rise in elevation. Heading west toward Memphis is a gradual downhill slope. Better mileage without CC heading east (steady pressure with sacrificial right foot). Heading west CC does a better job. Of course, YMMV

Old 05-09-2017, 04:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by KentFinn
Circumference, circumference, circumference. How tall is each wheel/tire combo? Speedo readings different giving different mileage, neither very accurate.

But I agree about the cruise control. Heading east from Nashville is a continuous rise in elevation. Heading west toward Memphis is a gradual downhill slope. Better mileage without CC heading east (steady pressure with sacrificial right foot). Heading west CC does a better job. Of course, YMMV
I came back to make this comment. It hit me that the tire circumference was different. The Enkei's have a rotation of 858 while the stock has a rotation of 866. Would that make a 10 mpg difference?

Old 05-09-2017, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
I came back to make this comment. It hit me that the tire circumference was different. The Enkei's have a rotation of 858 while the stock has a rotation of 866. Would that make a 10 mpg difference?
Well, I meant the "artificial right foot" not "sacrificial" but either one works (removed at age 14 to correct birth defect). The rotation MIGHT make a difference, aerodynamics, coefficient of frictions of the tires, a bunch of other things including the number of rpms the engine is actually turning.

Old 05-14-2017, 07:09 PM
Better Night Vision... and cooler look.

Installed some new headlight and foglight bulbs. I've used this manufacturer in the past with great results. Nokya makes great halogen bulbs for our car.
The headlight bulbs are blue but obviously when lit, they are a nice clear white light with a cool blue tint.
ARCTIC WHITE - STAGE 1
To make the headlights look even more white (or HID-ish) I use obnoxious yellow foglight bulbs. Nokya has some great examples of those too.
HYPER YELLOW
If you're tired of the lack of projection of LED bulbs, and don't want to blind people with our non-projector lens headlamps, you may want to check these out.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by F-BOMB
Installed some new headlight and foglight bulbs. I've used this manufacturer in the past with great results. Nokya makes great halogen bulbs for our car.
The headlight bulbs are blue but obviously when lit, they are a nice clear white light with a cool blue tint.
ARCTIC WHITE - STAGE 1
To make the headlights look even more white (or HID-ish) I use obnoxious yellow foglight bulbs. Nokya has some great examples of those too.
HYPER YELLOW
If you're tired of the lack of projection of LED bulbs, and don't want to blind people with our non-projector lens headlamps, you may want to check these out.
I used the Nokya's on my Acura and really liked them. I am running PIAA's extreme white bulbs in the fit and like the color. It is noticeably whiter than stock and the blue cap gives nice blue accents in the lens.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:26 AM
5 Year Member
I used the Nokya's on my Acura and really liked them. I am running PIAA's extreme white bulbs in the fit and like the color. It is noticeably whiter than stock and the blue cap gives nice blue accents in the lens.
How long have you had the PIAAs? I thought about getting them, but lots of complaints of barely lasting a year.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Originally Posted by tsand19151
I decided to relocate the sub from under the passengers seat to the trunk. I did it for 3 reasons:

1. Could not access the controls. I'm a musician. I'm ALWAYS tweaking music I listen to (if I can).

2. Under the seat there is no room for a line out converter or RCA connectors which means you have to use the hi-level speaker inputs on the amp. Although this may sound ok, the line level RCA inputs sound SO MUCH BETTER.

3. A sub needs to "breathe". Placed under the seat, the sound is going directly to the bottom of the seat. While in the trunk, the space acts as virtual speaker box and reinforces the bass frequencies. The speaker can "breathe".

Install was relatively easy. Factory system sounds much better with some REAL bass.
Any chance you could give some details (cost, difficulty, results) on this? It looks great!
My car is leased and I definitely need much more bass (#Hardstyle ) for the next 36 months

Old 05-15-2017, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by tsand19151
Yes, the highs and mids are much better. I have an EX with the stock system. Saw the speakers, adapters and wire harness on Crutchfield's site...all three items were cheaper on Amazon. Might do the fronts this summer....
Can you please share ALL necessary items for this? I want to do the exact same.
Thanks!!

Old 05-15-2017, 11:57 PM
2017 EX Plasti Dipped

I really wanted a Black & White theme for my new EX, so I Plastidipped the OEM wheels and gas tank door.
I never liked the rear reflectors, so I decided to see what would happen if I plastidipped them...ended up liking the results so I kept it

Next would be 25% tint (the minimum legal here).

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GK Fit today?-20170515_085505.jpg   What did you do to your GK Fit today?-20170515_113058.jpg   What did you do to your GK Fit today?-20170515_112301.jpg   What did you do to your GK Fit today?-20170515_112341.jpg  
Old 05-16-2017, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by HF Integrale
I really wanted a Black & White theme for my new EX, so I Plastidipped the OEM wheels and gas tank door.
I never liked the rear reflectors, so I decided to see what would happen if I plastidipped them...ended up liking the results so I kept it

Like the wheels and other stuff. Don't like the gas door. Looks like you bought a replacement, but didn't have the money to get it color matched or you bought one out of the junk yard? In regard to Plastic dip, some is good, more always isn't better. You don't have to use the whole can up. It's your car, if you like it that's all that should count.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by Rob H
Like the wheels and other stuff. Don't like the gas door. Looks like you bought a replacement, but didn't have the money to get it color matched or you bought one out of the junk yard? In regard to Plastic dip, some is good, more always isn't better. You don't have to use the whole can up. It's your car, if you like it that's all that should count.
I see your point about the gas door, and truth be told, i wasn't 100% about it. I'll give it another day or two, and probably remove it.
Also planned are 25mm spacers all around.

Old 05-16-2017, 07:40 AM
5 Year Member
How long have you had the PIAAs? I thought about getting them, but lots of complaints of barely lasting a year.
The PIAA's have been in since 2015. I run them on all my cars. I have had a few go in the first year but I have been using them since 1996 with little issues. My father uses them on all his cars as well and I have not heard him complain. Yesterday after reading your post I decided to get the plasma ion yellow bulbs, I had been thinking about it but never got around to ordering them.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:13 AM
5 Year Member

Still got the temp tags and already modding it. I like your style

Old 05-16-2017, 09:14 AM
5 Year Member
The PIAA's have been in since 2015. I run them on all my cars. I have had a few go in the first year but I have been using them since 1996 with little issues. My father uses them on all his cars as well and I have not heard him complain. Yesterday after reading your post I decided to get the plasma ion yellow bulbs, I had been thinking about it but never got around to ordering them.
OK cool, thanks for the response. I was actually looking at the same setup, but have been procrastinating as I didn't want to spend the money and get short life out of them.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member

Never used the stuff. Is it a spray? Did you remove the gas door and emblem? I would like to do the Crome hatch piece.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?