3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
oiric2006@gmail.com:

Sorry for the delayed response--I did not get immediate notice of your posting.

Thanks.

No spacers needed at all.

I just took the new BF Goodrich tires on a 300 mile road trip this weekend at higher speeds around mountain turns above Santa Barbara.

Total new car--really changed the handling dramatically.

I may over time go back and edit my original post regarding fuel economy. It may have improved as these tire while a bit heavier have less rolling resistance.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TougeMonster_GK5
notice any difference in power or sound?
It sounds a little more agressive when you get on the gas. Butt dyno hasn't really noticed a difference in power, but it is 110°+ in my area this week. I can say my AC gets cooler a lot quicker and it isn't struggling to stay cold at the red lights, so there has to be at least half a ponie gained.

I just made a "sort of how to install" and it has how it sounds around 5:05.

Last edited by skatana; 06-20-2017 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 06-20-2017, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by skatana
It sounds a little more agressive when you get on the gas. Butt dyno hasn't really noticed a difference in power, but it is 110°+ in my area this week. I can say my AC gets cooler a lot quicker and it isn't struggling to stay cold at the red lights, so there has to be at least half a ponie gained.
I have the hps intake for 2009 fit. The sounds is a lot lot better. I feel addicted to hear it over 3000rpm. But since the new cvt does not sounds good in the first place, I wonder how this hps intake improve on the sounds.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by liukaitc
I have the hps intake for 2009 fit. The sounds is a lot lot better. I feel addicted to hear it over 3000rpm. But since the new cvt does not sounds good in the first place, I wonder how this hps intake improve on the sounds.
I don't know how it would sound on the cvt either, but I doubt it'll be that much fun. I still haven't gotten a chance to drive my mt around with no ac on . Will have to wait til next week, once it starts to cool down to see if I'll get addicted as well .

Old 06-20-2017, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know how it would sound on the cvt either, but I doubt it'll be that much fun. I still haven't gotten a chance to drive my mt around with no ac on . Will have to wait til next week, once it starts to cool down to see if I'll get addicted as well .
since its intake related, i just disconnected the hose going into the resonator and positioned it downward for cold air. I just took it for a spin amd didnt really notice a significant difference. Maybe my K&N dropin filter will make a difference. In the mean time gonna source some hose to extend the resonator hose to the bottom. Anyone else try something similar? #DIYMODS #FTW

ih and changed out my cabin filter to Fram Breeze (part no. CF11182)

Old 06-20-2017, 05:16 PM
5 Year Member
since its intake related, i just disconnected the hose going into the resonator and positioned it downward for cold air. I just took it for a spin amd didnt really notice a significant difference. Maybe my K&N dropin filter will make a difference. In the mean time gonna source some hose to extend the resonator hose to the bottom. Anyone else try something similar? #DIYMODS #FTW

ih and changed out my cabin filter to Fram Breeze (part no. CF11182)

The first thing I did, after the k&n drop in went in there, was remove the resonator. Picked up a 2" rubber hose cap from the hardware store and put that on there. No significant gains, but made it a little louder.

Last edited by skatana; 06-20-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
The first thing I did after the k&n drop in went in there was remove the resonator. Picked up a 2" rubber hose cap from the hardware store and put that on there. No significant gains, but made it a little louder.

do u have a picture with the hole covered by the hose facing the camera?
thanks

Old 06-20-2017, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
do u have a picture with the hole covered by the hose facing the camera?
thanks
Here you go.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
Here you go.

Thanks for sharing this. I haven't looked in-depth enough but i think the air entry from our grill can be improved somehow. I'm thinking routing some duct into that entry point from the bottom of the car. Unless the overall design of the stock airbox wont allow any more enhancements before going aftermarket. Are you continuing to experiment?

Old 06-20-2017, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for sharing this. I haven't looked in-depth enough but i think the air entry from our grill can be improved somehow. I'm thinking routing some duct into that entry point from the bottom of the car. Unless the overall design of the stock airbox wont allow any more enhancements before going aftermarket. Are you continuing to experiment?
I'm kinda done experimenting, but I know Myxalplyx did a bunch of intake stuff.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...take-test.html

Last edited by skatana; 06-20-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:37 AM

I just made a "sort of how to install" and it has how it sounds around 5:05.

https://youtu.be/t1KlLBakSQ0
Sounds good. Very similar to my hps on 09 fit with auto. but then Manual sounds better than CVT in the first place.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
Fresh, High Quality Wash. If any of you are in or around oakland, I definately recommend this place. They wash like it was their own car, in and out!

Old 06-24-2017, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Fresh, High Quality Wash. If any of you are in or around oakland, I definately recommend this place. They wash like it was their own car, in and out!
What do they charge. Hand wash with mit?

Old 06-25-2017, 02:13 PM
5 Year Member
Replaced the VTC actuator today in my garage.

Was a huge pain in the ass. Also somehow ended up with two unused screws. I guess I'll find out what's missing screws once it leaks oil.

Crappy head shot:

Also I peaked into the intake side of the head. There's so much carbon build up. I know that direct injection leads to some carbon on the intake side, but the valves and intake port had a THICK layer of crud.

Last edited by Kevin Evans; 06-25-2017 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Kevin Evans
Replaced the VTC actuator today in my garage.

Was a huge pain in the ass. Also somehow ended up with two unused screws. I guess I'll find out what's missing screws once it leaks oil.

Crappy head shot:

Also I peaked into the intake side of the head. There's so much carbon build up. I know that direct injection leads to some carbon on the intake side, but the valves and intake port had a THICK layer of crud.
What's your mileage?

Old 06-25-2017, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
What's your mileage?
I'm around 82000 miles right now. I drive it pretty aggressively though.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Kevin Evans
I'm around 82000 miles right now. I drive it pretty aggressively though.

Picture of the crud build up? Have you installed a catch can? Decarbonized the head since it was all apart anyway?

Old 06-25-2017, 10:58 PM
5 Year Member
Wow!
Sure hope my 2015 holds up better. Only my 4th car at 52 and the other 3 got to over or just under 200,000 miles with not many problems.

Old 06-25-2017, 10:59 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Picture of the crud build up? Have you installed a catch can? Decarbonized the head since it was all apart anyway?
Don't have a picture yet, will try to get one later. I still need to do the valve adjustment (was in a rush doing the vtc actuator), so I'll get a picture then.

Is there an easy way of cleaning the intake and valves while having the head on? Might just dump a few milliters of carb cleaner on the closed valves, let it soak, and siphon it off.

Last edited by Kevin Evans; 06-25-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:48 PM
Yellow fog light film from HeadlightArmor. Looks pretty cool.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?