Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

**Official K-Fit Pictures Thread** (no BS)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by breadman
with the fit having the electric power steering it was very hard to notice any torque steer, ive had a eg k20 with no power steering, eg coupe k20 with power steering, the fit is best so far, getting traction in 1st and 2nd is another story lol, but thats expected from modding any car.
Hmm, surprising to say the least, but good info ... Thanks BM! I would have thought the Fit to be a wild ride (steering-wise) with all that torque on tap.

What are most people using for transmissions? RSX Type-S 6-speeds?

Old 03-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator
did a dyno pull today, this was on a base map untuned, gona do custom cai and redo the exhaust then go back and have it tuned, just wanted to have numbers now so i can compare it to later on, should do 220-230hp , today i made 195hp and 160tq, enjoy
YouTube - k24a2 fit dyno pull untuned
What do you all have done to the K24A2?

Old 03-27-2011, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
What do you all have done to the K24A2?
nothing really, those numbers are just to show what it will do bone stock, no mods, i wanted to have a before and after dyno numbers so i can show what each mod gave me hp. iam useing the stock tsx header, which is very restrictive, there tons of room for improvement, iam just not in a rush to make big power, driveablity was my concern for now, just from tuning it on the dyno i could get another 15-20hp, but why would i waist all the time fine tuning it when iam going to make changes, so i would have to repeat the process all over again, most people dont understand, you dont drop a k in, start it up, and have 200hp right away, with kpro you start off with a base map, which is so you can safely start and run the car, to get 200+hp you have to tune the car, tuning is very important in k series car.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by XJP5
Hmm, surprising to say the least, but good info ... Thanks BM! I would have thought the Fit to be a wild ride (steering-wise) with all that torque on tap.

What are most people using for transmissions? RSX Type-S 6-speeds?
the tsx or accord tranny dont Fit...
nothing really, those numbers are just to show what it will do bone stock, no mods, i wanted to have a before and after dyno numbers so i can show what each mod gave me hp. iam useing the stock tsx header, which is very restrictive, there tons of room for improvement, iam just not in a rush to make big power, driveablity was my concern for now, just from tuning it on the dyno i could get another 15-20hp, but why would i waist all the time fine tuning it when iam going to make changes, so i would have to repeat the process all over again, most people dont understand, you dont drop a k in, start it up, and have 200hp right away, with kpro you start off with a base map, which is so you can safely start and run the car, to get 200+hp you have to tune the car, tuning is very important in k series car.
very well said sir...one question did you modified the tsx stock header to fit ?

Old 03-27-2011, 07:56 PM
5 Year Member
did a pull on the way home just 2nd and 3rd, didnt wana push it yet till its tuned
YouTube - First, second gear slow pull

Old 03-27-2011, 08:58 PM
5 Year Member
links not working =[

Last edited by Zangoose GD3 Blue; 03-27-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More
this is me doing 120 skip all the way to 4:00 minutes into it... i have a crappy camera and the speedometer didnt show how fast i was going but 120mph
the fastest ive been in the fit with the kswap 140 mph
Im not sure if its just me but the link isnt working. Im not entirely sure you linked to the right thing, personally it take me to my personal video page. lol

Old 03-27-2011, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Im not sure if its just me but the link isnt working. Im not entirely sure you linked to the right thing, personally it take me to my personal video page. lol
Damn it... alright ill remake the video again

Old 03-27-2011, 10:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
Damn it... alright ill remake the video again
i don't think u need to remake it i just think the link u used wasn't the right one.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member

tuning is important in any car ..... some ppl think they put a after market intake on and automatically get 5hp increase..... this is false information provided by the supplier just trying to make u buy the product.... i mean, Yes u will get that 5hp increase but that's after tuning....without tuning, u will loose hp !!

cant post without pictures
Name:  IMG_6468.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  182.6 KB
Name:  IMG_6453.jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  152.3 KB

Last edited by FELIXY69; 03-29-2011 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator
updated my post, also what are you guys all doing for a header?

Old 03-31-2011, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member
updated my post, also what are you guys all doing for a header?
nothing but custom made from 321 stainless from burns stainless

Old 04-15-2011, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member
Please please feel 100% free to give me input on the below items as I am gathering parts for my K20A Type R swap. Im pretty new to the K world but I was a boss at B series back in the day with my b16b crx. HELPS!

1.anyone gonna be hard and rock NO AC? im debating. lol its not that bad. yet... I live in texas also lol. i could save soo much weight, money and time with no ac.

2. Fuel injectors. I think im going to use RDX injectors for my k20A type r. price is good, oem, and im going to stay NA. any input?

3. Im going to use the stock intake manifold from the RSX S. I have one. I just need a throttle body. what is the oem bore of the S intake mani? just seeing if i could use something better than the stock type S throttle body sense I have to buy a throttle body. I DONT want to bore anything really.

4. Hybrid racing A/C delete and PS. Im guessing they come together. we dont have a PS system really because its all electrical. do I still need both of them? please help explain. If you were deleting A/C, would you use this kit?

5. Fuel pump? stock not gonna work huh. lol im guessing not. Walbro is it? Had to do this with my crx also back in the day.

6. Im planning on using hybrid racing's shifter box. you know the nice one. Just making sure i still dont need the OEM RSX S shifter box. correct? it replaces it right? no additional parts? How about which shifter cables? RSX S right?

7. Sense this motor is a jdm k20a, I can use rsx S replacement parts right? for everything correct? It looks like most are but im just making sure that all of them are okay to use. if anyone knew about something that wasnt okay to do.

8. Oil pump? my motor does have the type R pump in it. I didnt know if i should replace this or not sense i was doing water pump as well. should be fine right? 40k miles on the motor.

Sorry if I sound newbish. I feel like I know the answers but just wanted to make 100% sure I am correct. Your advise is GREATLY appreciated. I have constantly researched k20a.org and actually am right now too. lol hard to find dirrect yes or no questions without posting. hard to dig.

Please be gentle haha. HELP ME GET THIS SHIT GOING! <3 u

Old 04-16-2011, 03:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
Please please feel 100% free to give me input on the below items as I am gathering parts for my K20A Type R swap. Im pretty new to the K world but I was a boss at B series back in the day with my b16b crx. HELPS!

1.anyone gonna be hard and rock NO AC? im debating. lol its not that bad. yet... I live in texas also lol. i could save soo much weight, money and time with no ac.

2. Fuel injectors. I think im going to use RDX injectors for my k20A type r. price is good, oem, and im going to stay NA. any input?

3. Im going to use the stock intake manifold from the RSX S. I have one. I just need a throttle body. what is the oem bore of the S intake mani? just seeing if i could use something better than the stock type S throttle body sense I have to buy a throttle body. I DONT want to bore anything really.

4. Hybrid racing A/C delete and PS. Im guessing they come together. we dont have a PS system really because its all electrical. do I still need both of them? please help explain. If you were deleting A/C, would you use this kit?

5. Fuel pump? stock not gonna work huh. lol im guessing not. Walbro is it? Had to do this with my crx also back in the day.

6. Im planning on using hybrid racing's shifter box. you know the nice one. Just making sure i still dont need the OEM RSX S shifter box. correct? it replaces it right? no additional parts? How about which shifter cables? RSX S right?

7. Sense this motor is a jdm k20a, I can use rsx S replacement parts right? for everything correct? It looks like most are but im just making sure that all of them are okay to use. if anyone knew about something that wasnt okay to do.

8. Oil pump? my motor does have the type R pump in it. I didnt know if i should replace this or not sense i was doing water pump as well. should be fine right? 40k miles on the motor.

Sorry if I sound newbish. I feel like I know the answers but just wanted to make 100% sure I am correct. Your advise is GREATLY appreciated. I have constantly researched k20a.org and actually am right now too. lol hard to find dirrect yes or no questions without posting. hard to dig.

Please be gentle haha. HELP ME GET THIS SHIT GOING! <3 u
1. iam useing k tuned idler pulley kit, rite now i dont have ac, but with this, all i need is k20 compressor, ep3 sump lines and bigger belt, not a big set back and worth doing in my opion, its not like you cant turn off the ac when a mustang pulls up beside you
2.the stock 310 injectors will be plenty, id only recomend the rdx if you have stage 3 cams, pistons, etc.

3. bore on type s manifold is 62.5mm, it depends on if your gona use drive by wire or a cable throttle body, if cable look at www.karcepts.com for adaptors, iam useing a tsx manifold with j35 dbw tb, has 68.5mm bore.

4.its one piece kit that relocates the altenator to where ac compressor goes, i would get the k tuned idler pulley, works the same but makes it so you can put ac on later if you want to where other kits you cant, plus its adjustable.

5. the stock pump will work fine, iam not max out my duty cycle yet, if you go built motor or boost the yes go to better pump.

6.iam useing the rsx box rite now, but iam waiting for hybrid box to come in the mail soon, still gona need some modifaction to work, i will have a diy thread on this very soon. yes type s cables work fine.

7.only thing different from k20a and k20a2 is cams and internals

8.you should be fine, its same as a type s pump, if you want drop oil pan and make sure its not bent and gears are still good.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
1. iam useing k tuned idler pulley kit, rite now i dont have ac, but with this, all i need is k20 compressor, ep3 sump lines and bigger belt, not a big set back and worth doing in my opion, its not like you cant turn off the ac when a mustang pulls up beside you
2.the stock 310 injectors will be plenty, id only recomend the rdx if you have stage 3 cams, pistons, etc.

3. bore on type s manifold is 62.5mm, it depends on if your gona use drive by wire or a cable throttle body, if cable look at www.karcepts.com for adaptors, iam useing a tsx manifold with j35 dbw tb, has 68.5mm bore.

4.its one piece kit that relocates the altenator to where ac compressor goes, i would get the k tuned idler pulley, works the same but makes it so you can put ac on later if you want to where other kits you cant, plus its adjustable.

5. the stock pump will work fine, iam not max out my duty cycle yet, if you go built motor or boost the yes go to better pump.

6.iam useing the rsx box rite now, but iam waiting for hybrid box to come in the mail soon, still gona need some modifaction to work, i will have a diy thread on this very soon. yes type s cables work fine.

7.only thing different from k20a and k20a2 is cams and internals

8.you should be fine, its same as a type s pump, if you want drop oil pan and make sure its not bent and gears are still good.
Breadman for president! thanks man for your fast response!

I was inquiring about injectors cause my k20a doesnt have any as I bought it. I will be using drive by cable. with the ep3 petal and rsx s TB
i have the compressor for my k. just didnt know how hard it was. thanks! ill go go AC! haha

Old 04-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator
IDK if this helps you at all, Im going to be running 550cc injectors on my K24, I forget what company where going with.

I will not be running A/C, I dont use it ever and it doesn't even work in my car right now so im just getting rid of it to make some room. Talking with the shop that is building my engine, they said they can use OEM Honda parts to delete the A/C.

I kind of know how you feel. I have been doing research for this swap for 3+ months and I still have questions and am learning.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
Breadman for president! thanks man for your fast response!

I was inquiring about injectors cause my k20a doesnt have any as I bought it. I will be using drive by cable. with the ep3 petal and rsx s TB
i have the compressor for my k. just didnt know how hard it was. thanks! ill go go AC! haha
you use your factory condesor and factory ac lines, you just need to change the sump lines to ep3 so it will work with a k series compressor, not hard, if i can help with questions ill try my best, did most of my swap in dirt driveway!
plus hondas are known for gutting to make faster, it pisses off v8 guys when you beat them then start naming off all the functioning parts you still have on your daily driven car lol

IDK if this helps you at all, Im going to be running 550cc injectors on my K24, I forget what company where going with.

I will not be running A/C, I dont use it ever and it doesn't even work in my car right now so im just getting rid of it to make some room. Talking with the shop that is building my engine, they said they can use OEM Honda parts to delete the A/C.

I kind of know how you feel. I have been doing research for this swap for 3+ months and I still have questions and am learning.
correct, the oem ep3 idler pulley will work fine, i just perfer the k tuned version cuz price is almost the same and its adjustable where oem one isnt
wow, 550cc injectors, your gona have a good duty cycle, you can use id1000 if you wanted to, just need good pump, fuel pressure regulator, and proper tuning, thats what iam eventaully do cuz i wana boost mine and i believe in going over what you need, you can allways turn it down vs need more and having to buy twice.

Last edited by breadman; 04-16-2011 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member

A: My car is a daily....i need AC...that;s a MUST ! and i got custom AC lines made so i can hide them !!

A: depends how much power u want...i want 350-400whp and now i have 750cc Bosch injectors

A: it is very easy to bore !!...i used hybrid racing 70mm....cuz with that i can still remain my cruise control system !! and NO DBW !

A: No idea..i dunno why u wanna ditch PS and AC...r u racing ur car ? other wise i see no point

A: i have walbro 044 pump with custom brackets in the tank

A: Hybrid racing DOESNT make a shifter box for HONDA FIT.....u HAVE to use OEM RSX 6spd shifter box and modify it to fit the chassis

A: i have JDM K20A motor and from what i remember...i have to get alot of parts off the RSX Type S

A: from what i understand...S2000 oil pump would be ur only up grade for K20 motor for oil pumps....but how much power are u trying to push would answer this question....but for tuning up .... at 40000kms i don't think u need to.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by FELIXY69

A: Hybrid racing DOESNT make a shifter box for HONDA FIT.....u HAVE to use OEM RSX 6spd shifter box and modify it to fit the chassis
why cant you use the hybrid racing box, I could have swarn that is what you where going to use?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
why cant you use the hybrid racing box, I could have swarn that is what you where going to use?
+1, thought it replaced your oem rsx s shifter and to install it drill 4 holes..

Quick Reply: **Official K-Fit Pictures Thread** (no BS)