Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

**Official K-Fit Pictures Thread** (no BS)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OddMarz
Thanks Zangoose, dope setup on the oil cooler, I did think up of one more question is there a company making a header for the K fit or is everyone still going custom built
thanx dude... custom is the way to go bro, no one is making it unless Felixy still has his custom one for sale

Old 07-20-2011, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Zangoose, dope setup on the oil cooler, I did think up of one more question is there a company making a header for the K fit or is everyone still going custom built
I pm you!!

If you looking for the custom header, I can get you one. Actually, the one Fliex selling is the one I have, buz it supposely to build for him, but he went turbo instead. If you want it let me know I will let the guy finish it and ship it to you.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
For all you K swappers who want to put that traction to the ground with light weight 15" wheels and meat!

Here is my latest setup in preparation for the K20A type R. Traction was a big concern of mine so here's my remedy.

Front: 949Racing 6ul 15x9 et+36, Nitto NT-01 225/45/15
Rear: 949Racing 6ul 15x8 et+36, Nitto NT-01 205/50/15

No poke! NO Modification! No Spacers! No rolling!

Between the tires and grip and the new geometry of the staggered setup, the fit feels COMPLETELY different. The nose of my car no longer leads into a turn like every other front wheel drive car. It feels as though the pivot rotational point is exactly where I sit. Like it rotates from the middle. JUST LIKE A MIATA!

I completely understand why the Japanese run this type of setup on all their tuner track cars. wow

I cannot guarantee that it will work for you like that because I only know that it works for my setup. However I will tell you my exact setup.

1. Basically start off the the fender liner trick
"we basically take off your wheel. PUSh up on the fender lining till it tucked itself in...(you will feel it give a good pop) and make sure you take off the clips before you start to push."

2. My alignment is really agressive as this is a track car. the front has -3.0° camber and the rear is at -1.8°.

3. I am on skunk2 Pro C coilovers. NOT hella dumped. Like a very tight 2 finger gap in the front and the rear on the lowest setting resulting in a 2.2 finger gap.

4. I have powergrid custom endlinks. they are 7" long. you can get them from powergrid via phone.

5. not that this matters but I did roll my rear fenders a long time ago to clear my old 16s I had. this might have helped with my current set up. not sure, it looks fine.

Hope this all helps.

Last edited by JCrimson; 07-21-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
For all you K swappers who want to put that traction to the ground with light weight 15" wheels and meat!

Here is my latest setup in preparation for the K20A type R. Traction was a big concern of mine so here's my remedy.

Front: 949Racing 6ul 15x9 et+36, Nitto NT-01 225/45/15
Rear: 949Racing 6ul 15x8 et+36, Nitto NT-01 205/50/15

No poke! NO Modification! No Spacers! No rolling!

Between the tires and grip and the new geometry of the staggered setup, the fit feels COMPLETELY different. The nose of my car no longer leads into a turn like every other front wheel drive car. It feels as though the pivot rotational point is exactly where I sit. Like it rotates from the middle. JUST LIKE A MIATA!

I completely understand why the Japanese run this type of setup on all their tuner track cars. wow

I cannot guarantee that it will work for you like that because I only know that it works for my setup. However I will tell you my exact setup.

1. Basically start off the the fender liner trick
"we basically take off your wheel. PUSh up on the fender lining till it tucked itself in...(you will feel it give a good pop) and make sure you take off the clips before you start to push."

2. My alignment is really agressive as this is a track car. the front has -3.0° camber and the rear is at -1.8°.

3. I am on skunk2 Pro C coilovers. NOT hella dumped. Like a very tight 2 finger gap in the front and the rear on the lowest setting resulting in a 2.2 finger gap.

4. I have powergrid custom endlinks. they are 7" long. you can get them from powergrid via phone.

5. not that this matters but I did roll my rear fenders a long time ago to clear my old 16s I had. this might have helped with my current set up. not sure, it looks fine.

Hope this all helps.
very nice setup bro... im actually shocked you ran the 225 in the front i figured that the 205 from the NT101 would act like 225 btw whats your numbers as far hp wise ?

Old 07-21-2011, 11:42 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
very nice setup bro... im actually shocked you ran the 225 in the front i figured that the 205 from the NT101 would act like 225 btw whats your numbers as far hp wise ?
I'm guessing my L15A is at 115-120 on a good day? Lol this size of course does effect my straight line speed slightly. But the grip makes up for it in the turns.

This setup is intended for my K. Which was built to put down 277whp @ 13:5:1 compression..By the previous owner. Lol I bought a monster..

Old 07-22-2011, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
I'm guessing my L15A is at 115-120 on a good day? Lol this size of course does effect my straight line speed slightly. But the grip makes up for it in the turns.

This setup is intended for my K. Which was built to put down 277whp @ 13:5:1 compression..By the previous owner. Lol I bought a monster..
god damn lol... i remember the J's k24 Fit is running the same setup as well with the tires maybe ill give that a try

Old 07-22-2011, 04:40 AM
5 Year Member
Hello everyone, I have several questions I'm in the process of getting GD fit and would really like to build a K powered fit
1) would any K work? ( exp K20a2, k20z3, K24a2) I would really like a K24a2
2) Trans once again any k trans work?
3)I know that Hasport makes a bracket kit but if I understand right you still use OEM mounts is this true? and if it is can you use the Innovative fit mounts?
4)Is Hasport the only company that makes a wire harness for the conversion?
5)are the K fit axles are the same as egK axles?
6) can you use a RSX or Civic SI shift box?
7)can you use RSX shifter cables
8) is DBW TB needed?
9) can I keep a working A/C in car?
10)can you keep stock radiator and what hoses do you use
Sorry for all the noob questions I'm just really looking forward to doing this swap any help will be appreciated, I'm not planning to do some crazy stuff just want a fun daily driver that is not a thieve magnet like (Eg, Ek, Ef, Dc) thanks in advance.
1. any k will work, but some make less power than others so its best to go with k20a, k20z1 or z3, k20a2 or k24a2, unless you plan to build one.
2.ones from the a, a2, and ep3 will with rsx cables and modded rsx shifter box, or you can use z1 or z3 trans with modded accord cables and stock fit shifter box.
3.yes, iam am useing the innovative 85a mounts now, i would recommend less than a 85a cuz i have more interior vibration than most would like but i do.
4.yes for dbw, if you go cable that changes how wiring is done, there a few thread here that explain the other way.
5.yes
6.yes but both require modifing, and if you go with civic si you will lose your center console or have to cut most of it out, i have a diy thread on here on how i used a hybrid racing shifter box, drive mine daily.
7.yes, but only with hybrid racing or modded rsx shifter box
8.only if you want to keep your factory dash cluster gauges or you live in area that requires strict emission tests.
9.yes by useing ep3 lines as stated in earlier posts.
10.yes, a bottom gsr cut right will fit both inlets, i just measured mine and got from a local parts store.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by whtsjdm
You bending your own brake lines?

My thing is, why can't the k20a2 ecu run the gauges? What is different in the rsx vs. the fit. I haven't really taken a look at the two wiring diagrams, but it doesn't make much sense.
the fit cluster uses high and low signal, totally different than rsx ecu outputs, that why you use the kpro going to the stock ecu so that it gets the proper reading but thats only if you stay dbw, if you go throttle cable you have to use aftermarket cluster.

sorry havent been on in while guys, like the progress everyone is making, i just got a 90 mustang and am in the process of doing a rwd k series build useing a chevy th400 trans, tons and tons of fab work, when iam not working iam on that project so i can have it ready for next season, soon as i have some decent progress made ill start a build thread on k20a.org.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
thinking about selling my fit, what do yall think is a good starting/asking price?

Old 07-23-2011, 02:02 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by breadman
thinking about selling my fit, what do yall think is a good starting/asking price?
I would say 18k ish?

I didn't know about the fit cluster. Thanks for the info. Doesn't really matter to me anyway. Racepak came in today!

Old 07-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator
short...but oh so sweet

‪K24 Fit first start‬‏ - YouTube

Last edited by MNfit; 07-24-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
congrats! cant wait to see future vids

Old 07-24-2011, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
Great job man congrats. Can't wait to see it all finished up. I am always so jealous of all these gd k swaps. If only...

Old 07-24-2011, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
looking good bro...

Old 07-24-2011, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member
More pics of the wheels J!

Old 07-25-2011, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by whtsjdm
More pics of the wheels J!

ill grab some more today. like full shots

Old 07-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator
So the Fit should be hitting the dyno by the end of the week or early next week.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:05 AM
5 Year Member

i had NT01 on my r32 gtr before......SUPER GOOD DRY ONLY TIRE.....but when u hit alittle bit of water....it feels like skating .....so becareful !!

Old 07-28-2011, 05:08 AM
5 Year Member
So the Fit should be hitting the dyno by the end of the week or early next week.
please post them ASAP !

Old 07-28-2011, 05:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FELIXY69

i had NT01 on my r32 gtr before......SUPER GOOD DRY ONLY TIRE.....but when u hit alittle bit of water....it feels like skating .....so becareful !!
that and the direzza's star spec...

Quick Reply: **Official K-Fit Pictures Thread** (no BS)