Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

**Official K-Fit Pictures Thread** (no BS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 05:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
Im very prepared for custom work. The shop I have doing the build is more then capable of the work that will be involved, they have swapped a M/T B18 into a A/T Hyundai Accent along with other amazing jobs.

Felix your swap is kind of what got me to finally get the swap of my own going, because where both Autos. I do have a bit of a random question though. What are you doing for a shifter boot? Can I just pick up say the A&J shifter boots and bolt it right in?
]

i actually order a OEM part from an online dealer...idnno the pt number but it is the Circle base for the T1R shift boot to clip in, it is a part of the center console for hole the shift boot in place....
hope that helps !

Old 04-29-2011, 11:06 AM
5 Year Member
got small update guys, i got another stock header so i took my old header setup off, took measurements, and monday iam sending it to advancedstreetperformance. they make the best headers on the market for k swaps, when i get it in the mail and test fit, ill post pics and results with a dyno pull to show hp gains and conparisions. owner said if everything worksout ok he will do a group buy for ppl that want a good custom header. allso iam still waiting for my hybrid racing shifter box, should be here next week hopefully, ill try and get pics and post results asap.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by breadman
got small update guys, i got another stock header so i took my old header setup off, took measurements, and monday iam sending it to advancedstreetperformance. they make the best headers on the market for k swaps, when i get it in the mail and test fit, ill post pics and results with a dyno pull to show hp gains and conparisions. owner said if everything worksout ok he will do a group buy for ppl that want a good custom header. allso iam still waiting for my hybrid racing shifter box, should be here next week hopefully, ill try and get pics and post results asap.
Breadman, I love you, have my man babies.

this is execellent news. I still have a while before really NEED a header as I have quite a list to get before i swap. Maybe by this time a GB will be up and Ill jump in FOR SURE given all is well with it.

side question; how is your traction currently? and what tires and wheels are you on?

949 racing just today released their 15 x 10 wheel O.O 275/35 is what they run on it. goodyear tire. this combo would be the answer to really really unleashing the LSX miata swapped power. they are going to fly! Wonder if anyone will attempt to fit them here or on any HIGH POWERED K swap honda. Im sticking with my 9s for now. Just wanted to share.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator
the L15 is out of the Fit, looks so weird with it gone. One of the things that holding me up right now unfortunately is the damn chain tensioner. Skunk2 still has no ETA on when they will have tensioners and Hybrid-racing is still filling back orders. In the mean time Full Blown is going to drop the engine in to mock up a header and other stuff.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:19 PM
nice. did he give you an eta on how long it'll take to make the header?

Old 04-30-2011, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
the L15 is out of the Fit, looks so weird with it gone. One of the things that holding me up right now unfortunately is the damn chain tensioner. Skunk2 still has no ETA on when they will have tensioners and Hybrid-racing is still filling back orders. In the mean time Full Blown is going to drop the engine in to mock up a header and other stuff.
post pic................

Old 04-30-2011, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
toda sells a good tensioner for a good price, here a link
Toda Timing Chain Tensioner K20A - Belt Tensioner - JHPUSA

Originally Posted by gdfosheezy
nice. did he give you an eta on how long it'll take to make the header?
i would say bout a month for everything, in my hands tested, etc. shipping there and back what gona take the longest, ill post any updates as soon as i know something, best thing about this is it wont be a ebay or china copy each one by asp is in house custom made, all the pro guys running all motor go to them, and ill be dyno the difference between stock and theyre header so there will be proof of how better it is.
Originally Posted by FELIXY69
post pic................
x2!!!

Old 04-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator
the toda tensioner is just a modified stock one though, so im a little hesitant about getting it.

only pic I took

Last edited by MNfit; 04-30-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:27 AM
toda sells a good tensioner for a good price, here a link
Toda Timing Chain Tensioner K20A - Belt Tensioner - JHPUSA

i would say bout a month for everything, in my hands tested, etc. shipping there and back what gona take the longest, ill post any updates as soon as i know something, best thing about this is it wont be a ebay or china copy each one by asp is in house custom made, all the pro guys running all motor go to them, and ill be dyno the difference between stock and theyre header so there will be proof of how better it is.

x2!!!
nice. are u gonna go with the reverse cone setup on the header? thanks again breadman, for helping the fit community with the header design. i was gonna tow my fit up to Danny at DTR to get him to design me a custom header. you made my life easier now. lol cant wait to see the asp header. keep us posted man! thanks

Old 05-01-2011, 12:32 AM
the toda tensioner is just a modified stock one though, so im a little hesitant about getting it.

only pic I took

I like the "shocker" sticker! Who's polished wheels in the background? Are those Rota Slips?

Old 05-01-2011, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member
iam not sure if iam go with a reverse cone yet, depends on cost, i have to make a deposit sometime this week to get it started so ill know more then,

Old 05-01-2011, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I like the "shocker" sticker! Who's polished wheels in the background? Are those Rota Slips?

yep they are rota slips, no idea whos car it is though just one of like 8 the shop is working on

Last edited by MNfit; 05-01-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:48 PM
AHHHH. so full blown is working on it eh? wonder if they're up for a swap in my GE8 when my warranty is up.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:46 AM
5 Year Member
well really no good updates yet guys, the hr shifter box wont be ship till the 25th now cuz of some cad issues, i get my 85a mounts next week from innovative which after driveing a few months on my swap i recommend upgrading ! the header should be done and in hands by middle of next month

Old 05-12-2011, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
well really no good updates yet guys, the hr shifter box wont be ship till the 25th now cuz of some cad issues, i get my 85a mounts next week from innovative which after driveing a few months on my swap i recommend upgrading ! the header should be done and in hands by middle of next month
patiently waiting...

Old 05-12-2011, 09:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zangoose gd3 blue
Patiently waiting...
+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111

Old 05-12-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
patiently waiting...
+222222222222222222222222222222222

Old 05-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

There is still a lot of work that needs to be done, but actually seeing the engine mounted into the car is amazing.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:12 PM
5 Year Member

There is still a lot of work that needs to be done, but actually seeing the engine mounted into the car is amazing.
I just realized this was you on ricekillers haha.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by JCrimson
I just realized this was you on ricekillers haha.
lol, really?

Quick Reply: **Official K-Fit Pictures Thread** (no BS)