Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

**Official K-Fit Pictures Thread** (no BS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 11:43 PM
5 Year Member
iam in the process of working with tim and russ from hybrid racing on way to make the hybrid racing box work with the fit using a type s tranny and type s shifter cables, as soon as i have all the kinks worked out ill post a how to diy thread in bout 4-6 weeks. iam working two jobs right now, but ill try my best to have the info out asap.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Just wanted to say I love this thread.

The discourse and posters make for a refreshing read here! Cannot wait to see the rest of you up and running!

I've gotten to play with a couple K's and they are some serious work horses. Besides Felix is anyone planning on boost? Take advantage of those cylinder heads! Much nicer than the 1G or 2G 4G63s..

What are some of you guys planning on to keep the nose pushing through corners with the extra mass and change in balance?

Old 04-18-2011, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
Ya when I had my shifter box modify for the fit Sept 2010 ... I ordered a bunch of parts from tim at hybrid racing n he stated that there's no market for GD k swap so he is not gonna make any parts for US... But I guess now there are more interests ... They are thinking again.... Tim is a great guy n always gets his stuff done so I hope this will actually go through !
Untill then... Hybrid racing
Box will not fit GD !

Originally Posted by breadman
iam in the process of working with tim and russ from hybrid racing on way to make the hybrid racing box work with the fit using a type s tranny and type s shifter cables, as soon as i have all the kinks worked out ill post a how to diy thread in bout 4-6 weeks. iam working two jobs right now, but ill try my best to have the info out asap.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator
So the HR shifter box will NOT work? My car is auto so I already Have to modifly the shifter and figured the HR box was the best solution.

First week of May is when im dropping my car off at the shop so hopefully breadman will have some info before I get to the shifter box.

Last edited by MNfit; 04-18-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Just wanted to say I love this thread.

The discourse and posters make for a refreshing read here! Cannot wait to see the rest of you up and running!

I've gotten to play with a couple K's and they are some serious work horses. Besides Felix is anyone planning on boost? Take advantage of those cylinder heads! Much nicer than the 1G or 2G 4G63s..

What are some of you guys planning on to keep the nose pushing through corners with the extra mass and change in balance?
as far handling goes, belive it or not the skunk2s pro series are amazing with the kswap fit, handle was on point compare to my cusco

Old 04-18-2011, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member
Not to offend anyone here but I feel like most users concerns are not of handling. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

Im going to fine tune the hell out of my setup because this means the absolute most to me. I have been contacting swift springs and will contact skunk2 to change my setup for the future. It will be quite amusing I think. I'm going to go ahead and reveal the setup because I hate it when people tease me. haha

I will have my skunk2 proC revalved (if possible) to match my new swift springs. Going to first change from higher spring rates on the front, to the rear. Right now im at 12K in the front and 10K in the rear (pretty much skunk2 civic si coil springs on my fits skunk2 pro Cs). I will have 13K swift springs in the front and 16K in the rear. Should make it quite tail happy but on top of that, I will be staggering my wheels. I wont be using race compound just yet. let me relearn the cars new found power and geometry. The wheels will be 949 racing 6ul 15 X 9 on the front wrapped with hankook ventures RS3 225/45/15 (140 tread wear) and I will use my current 6ul 15 x 8 wheels on the rear but with the kohumo XS 205/50/15 (180 tread wear) on the rear. Also going to have it corner balanced by MER (same people who made my cage). I think the alignment as I have now will be fine for the new setup. same specs will be used. -3.0° camber front left and right and 0° toe, rear -1.7° camber left and right with 0.17° toe in the rear.

I just hope shes not TOO TOO tail happy. haah for instance, watch this video of how this EG handles. AMAZING! and his setup is how I want my car to handle. I know the cars are different and I have done the research to pretty much match this with my car as the new variable in the eq.

please take in mind it does take some time to warm up tires to get grip haha so don't freak out. lol
YouTube - Honda Civic EG K24A - John Boston Time Attack Superlap 2010 1"40.94

ultimate, it doesn't matter about car geometry/ handling/ blah blah, its all about IF YOU CAN DRIVE THE MOTHERF'ER, WHO CARES? TAME THE BEAST!

PS: this "post your K swap pic thread" is way better info than "K swap discussion and how to thread" we should really fix or just call this "the in progress on the spot k swap questions/ answers/ and in-progress building inqs." haha

so far this is one of my 2 favorite threads here. this is weight reduction thread real info FTMFW! Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than "Do these wheels make me look fat?" threads

Old 04-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Ultimate, it doesn't matter about car geometry/ handling/ blah blah, its all about IF YOU CAN DRIVE THE MOTHERF'ER, WHO CARES? TAME THE BEAST!
I think that right there sums it all up.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
also! I was going to go with the IQ3 race pack for display from kpro and data logging but im really concidering neptunes RD1. and instead of 1500 dollars, its only $299 O.O supports KPRO and you can fully customize your display template and it does data log and read fuel levels with an adapter. cheap and works like a boss.

HRTuning

Install It Anywhere In Your Dash, Cluster, Or Any Other Spot You Can Think Of.
Includes TunerView Unit, Barrel Power Connector With Bare Leads (Power And Ground), USB Cable, Data Cable, 4 Screws/Nuts, Buttons With Quick Attach Plugs
5x3" Black And White Display (4.7x2.5" Active Area).
Fully Configurable Layouts With RD 1 Drag And Drop Design Software. Add Gauges, Bar Graphs, Text Items, And Lights Anywhere On The Screen.
Multiple Layout Pages.
Export And Share Layouts In The Online Community.
Odometer Support With Programmable Base Mileage And Trip Odometer.
Menu System With Easy Access To Settings And Features.
Warnings Above or Below A Set Threshold That Flash The Screen, Flash The Individual Item, Or Flash Both At The Same Time.
Supports NepTune, NepTune RTP (Original and Demon), Hondata S300, Hondata K-Pro, eCtune (Demon And CN2 Port), Crome (CN2 Port, No Demon), And AEM EMS.
Upgradable Firmware For An Expanding Featureset.
Daisy Chain Multiple TunerView RD 1 and TunerView II LCDs To Display Different Data At Once. (Excludes AEM)
Datalog Through The TunerView With NepTune, NepTune RTP, eCtune, Crome (Crome Pro).
Backlight Adjustment.
Sleep Mode.
Disable Injectors For Security (NepTune RTP Only).
Peak Values.
Settings For Celsius And KPH.
Check Codes On All OBD1 Systems, Clear Codes On All Except eCtune Demon. K-Pro Supports Clearing Codes Only.
BlueTooth Wireless Add-On Available For Wireless Setup And Datalogging.

Last edited by JCrimson; 04-18-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member
just ordered walboro 255 pump, r40 crank pulley, and id1000 injectors, and i went to local junkyard and found a k24a1 for 184 bucks, allways a plus to have a spare motor and trans layin around for those uh oh moments lol

Old 04-18-2011, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by breadman
just ordered walboro 255 pump, r40 crank pulley, and id1000 injectors, and i went to local junkyard and found a k24a1 for 184 bucks, allways a plus to have a spare motor and trans layin around for those uh oh moments lol
you got the whole damn motor for 184? SCORE!

Old 04-18-2011, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JCrimson
you got the whole damn motor for 184? SCORE!
yea there a local yard here that if anything they dont think is worth much, cuz its not tsx or type s, its 184 you pull it price flat rate. goes up alot if they know its worth something.

Old 04-18-2011, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
quick question. when you guys installed your k series, did you use hasports guide? is there a better one? do you still have to cut and notch things? alternative to doing that crap? can skill over come it? haha

Old 04-18-2011, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
quick question. when you guys installed your k series, did you use hasports guide? is there a better one? do you still have to cut and notch things? alternative to doing that crap? can skill over come it? haha
yessir for mine i did... for the wiring harness

Old 04-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
as far handling goes, belive it or not the skunk2s pro series are amazing with the kswap fit, handle was on point compare to my cusco
Very cool, I was looking at some of the other k-swaps that were tin-canned for the track braced up with cages and the works and was wondering how hard it would be to bring it back to neutral. A set of coilovers ain't too shabby!

Not to offend anyone here but I feel like most users concerns are not of handling. NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

Im going to fine tune the hell out of my setup because this means the absolute most to me. I have been contacting swift springs and will contact skunk2 to change my setup for the future. It will be quite amusing I think. I'm going to go ahead and reveal the setup because I hate it when people tease me. haha

I will have my skunk2 proC revalved (if possible) to match my new swift springs. Going to first change from higher spring rates on the front, to the rear. Right now im at 12K in the front and 10K in the rear (pretty much skunk2 civic si coil springs on my fits skunk2 pro Cs). I will have 13K swift springs in the front and 16K in the rear. Should make it quite tail happy but on top of that, I will be staggering my wheels. I wont be using race compound just yet. let me relearn the cars new found power and geometry. The wheels will be 949 racing 6ul 15 X 9 on the front wrapped with hankook ventures RS3 225/45/15 (140 tread wear) and I will use my current 6ul 15 x 8 wheels on the rear but with the kohumo XS 205/50/15 (180 tread wear) on the rear. Also going to have it corner balanced by MER (same people who made my cage). I think the alignment as I have now will be fine for the new setup. same specs will be used. -3.0° camber front left and right and 0° toe, rear -1.7° camber left and right with 0.17° toe in the rear.

I just hope shes not TOO TOO tail happy. haah for instance, watch this video of how this EG handles. AMAZING! and his setup is how I want my car to handle. I know the cars are different and I have done the research to pretty much match this with my car as the new variable in the eq.

please take in mind it does take some time to warm up tires to get grip haha so don't freak out. lol
YouTube - Honda Civic EG K24A - John Boston Time Attack Superlap 2010 1"40.94

ultimate, it doesn't matter about car geometry/ handling/ blah blah, its all about IF YOU CAN DRIVE THE MOTHERF'ER, WHO CARES? TAME THE BEAST!

PS: this "post your K swap pic thread" is way better info than "K swap discussion and how to thread" we should really fix or just call this "the in progress on the spot k swap questions/ answers/ and in-progress building inqs." haha

so far this is one of my 2 favorite threads here. this is weight reduction thread real info FTMFW! Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than "Do these wheels make me look fat?" threads
Thanks for the thorough response! I figured that was going to be one of your main concerns!

The first thing I can think of when I read about the K-Fits are the two K20 swap CRX's I had a hand in a few years ago, nothing especially sophisticated but they would rotate easy and on command. But once you built up some speed you could definitely feel the whole car dance around that motor if you weren't completely focused.

These were straight line cars though, with no front sway bar and a really tigh get up in the back to keep it from squatting when you drop the clutch on some slicks after bouncing off the two-step

These Fits are light enough to begin with but when you strip 'em out it must take a real workout to keep the heat in the tires! Hows the 180 compound on the track? Granted I imagine you have summer heat on your side down in Texas!

I was looking at a set of 80's or 140's for summer tires when I turn up the wick on my GD.

real info FTMFW! Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than "Do these wheels make me look fat?" threads
Exactly what I was getting at! Instead of the usual wut will make me mor HPs? I have a CAI lololol threads.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:45 AM
5 Year Member
These Fits are light enough to begin with but when you strip 'em out it must take a real workout to keep the heat in the tires! Hows the 180 compound on the track? Granted I imagine you have summer heat on your side down in Texas!

I was looking at a set of 80's or 140's for summer tires when I turn up the wick on my GD.
I have been tracking on 200 compound tires for quite a while, those star specs. they are fantastic. Ive never used real R compound but im sure i will sometime soon. I could shave more time with just drivers education first. I would love to grow into the Yokohama ADVAN AO50 R

Old 04-19-2011, 03:34 PM
5 Year Member

PS: this "post your K swap pic thread" is way better info than "K swap discussion and how to thread" we should really fix or just call this
handling is a big issue for me...but not for the fit...because it's only for the streets..and ripping on the hwy....so to me...the handling on this car isnt as big of a concern for me.

i love this thread too....because I HATE spending 2-3hrs reading 200pages of detailed info...i just got over load ! so this is better for me !

i don't mind changing the thread title...as i also feel that there are more info in this thread the the k-swap thread..haha....ANY MODS can help me change the thread title ??

Originally Posted by MNfit
So the HR shifter box will NOT work? My car is auto so I already Have to modifly the shifter and figured the HR box was the best solution.

First week of May is when im dropping my car off at the shop so hopefully breadman will have some info before I get to the shifter box.
Prepare to do massive modifications with alot of the components, like frame rails, drive shaft, etc..because our chassis are made for AUTOMATIC ....everything is different !

i used the hasport guide...but when it comes to doing it..it's pretty straight forward...the only difficult part was that mating the Auto Chassis with a MT motor set up

GOOD LUcK with ur swap guys !!!

Old 04-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator
Im very prepared for custom work. The shop I have doing the build is more then capable of the work that will be involved, they have swapped a M/T B18 into a A/T Hyundai Accent along with other amazing jobs.

Felix your swap is kind of what got me to finally get the swap of my own going, because where both Autos. I do have a bit of a random question though. What are you doing for a shifter boot? Can I just pick up say the A&J shifter boots and bolt it right in?

PS do this valve cover make my Fit look fat :P

Last edited by MNfit; 04-19-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:08 PM
5 Year Member
I have been tracking on 200 compound tires for quite a while, those star specs. they are fantastic. Ive never used real R compound but im sure i will sometime soon. I could shave more time with just drivers education first. I would love to grow into the Yokohama ADVAN AO50 R

or try the Nitto NT101 those tires are even better...

Old 04-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by MNfit
Im very prepared for custom work. The shop I have doing the build is more then capable of the work that will be involved, they have swapped a M/T B18 into a A/T Hyundai Accent along with other amazing jobs.

Felix your swap is kind of what got me to finally get the swap of my own going, because where both Autos. I do have a bit of a random question though. What are you doing for a shifter boot? Can I just pick up say the A&J shifter boots and bolt it right in?

PS do this valve cover make my Fit look fat :P
Heh. I had a tin-canned 1996 1.5L (G4EK) 5MT Accent that I used to take to Road America once a year.

Boosted with a china made GT15 and hit with a 30shot of NO2. Welded my up my own intake manifold (velocity stacks and 3L plenum!) and an SS straight pipe exhaust for it! With tight springs, beefy rsb and sticky rubber that thing could be tossed into almost any corner at any speed.

Stock it had understeer like you wouldnt believe.

Anywho back on topic... That CF spark plug cover looks hot!

Are you going to have them MIG some -6AN or -8AN bungs on there for a catch can?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:41 PM
5 Year Member
Picking up a k20z1 swap Friday. CM twin disc ordered. Picking up a full race t3 44mm sidewinder within the next two weeks. Probably going to run a 6262. Still a long way to go. Going to hit mid 500whp on 12 lbs or so. People are going to be so mad getting beat by the mini mini van.

Quick Reply: **Official K-Fit Pictures Thread** (no BS)