Other Car Related Discussions Discuss all other cars here.

New Project..

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
I don't know Chicago at all :(

So I'm not sure.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:14 AM
5 Year Member
I like the way this thread is going...

Old 07-24-2011, 01:25 PM
holy balls. That. Is. Facking. Awesome.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I think that is a pretty wise perspective, kudos Vinny. In addition to that incredible attention to detail you always seem to have a fantastic attitude which I can't exactly say about myself!

Thanks for chiming in man.

This is one project that will take a long time coming, but will be as perfect as I can make it when it comes to life.

Then you and big Mike will be my aesthetics coaches! Some day I hope to own a Fit oriented performance/fabrication company.

I feel like that would be the best way for me to give back to this community as well as expose it to bigger and better things since we seem to be losing innovators, manufacturers and developers for untold reasons.
thanks Chris,
We'd make one Krazy Team wouldn't we!
Vinny you see it and won't let go till it's done w/o the white noise of negativism stopp'n you, me color & details look'n at life through the priz'm of kolor, and Chris wring'n out every pony a drivetrain can give and then demanding more.
Life is good boyz! Make it a Great week!
Big Mike :D

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 07-24-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:32 AM
i like this philosophical thread... +rep perrenoud

Old 07-26-2011, 04:24 PM

The 2011 DSM Chinese Firedrill parts swap begins!

Old 07-26-2011, 08:20 PM
5 Year Member
That is a clean motor, no oil leaks or is that the good side. I now want to start a car project.

Old 07-27-2011, 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by SilverBullet
That is a clean motor, no oil leaks or is that the good side. I now want to start a car project.
I blasted and painted it when it was just a short block and everything except the crank pulley seems to be pretty clean.

Here's the other side:

Found that my TOB was broken into a couple pieces when I pulled the trans:

I think you should pick up a project car! You and the kids seem to enjoy the drag strip.. maybe a cheap platform some performance potential and existing aftermarket and start from the ground up.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:41 AM
5 Year Member

The 2011 DSM Chinese Firedrill parts swap begins!
"And let the games begin"......:)

Old 07-27-2011, 07:01 AM
5 Year Member
You've got me thinking about what you said in your last post. You know what all I have. I'd need a boomslang harness, bigger injectors and wide band AFR gauge... Just thinking.. I need to beef things up to handle the added power. Well actually that needs to be done to handle what I already have.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:13 PM
my friend has a 1g its all stock internals but its got a stock intake with the metal cover removed, cat back exhaust w/ new corvette cat, new injector clips and new coil pack, metal upper intercooler pipe and vta (vent to atmosphere) hks ssq bov haha and thats pushing 13+ lbs idk y but it just boost that much. sometimes it runs funny but u seem to kno about dsm so if u dont mind ill be askin u alot of ?'s as ur project/ my friends car go on.

Old 07-27-2011, 05:38 PM
If it's a stock 1G intake there is a MAS sensor and venting the BOV to atmosphere is probably the only thing that makes it run retarded.

Based on that little bit of info I am about 90% certain that should fix it lol No offense of course but that is like the #1 DSM "Noob" mistake. Venting the BOV without a post turbo MAS/MAF or running speed density, that is..

It's because he is venting metered air basically.

I am sure he likes the BOV pshhh noise but he'll pick up torque from faster boost response and the car will behave better.

Fix that BOV so that it recircs back to the stock pipe, rewire the fuel pump or buy a used walbro 255lph hp (gss341) some evo 550cc injectors and crank the boost on that 14B! 13psi is only a couple more than stock, that turbo really wakes up from 15-21psi. But the stock 1G pump, even rewired is only good for about 15-16psi before you are pushing your luck.

Tell him to buy a wideband before he starts playing with boost. Stock internals with some headstuds and a good tune are good for 550whp+ on these 6 bolts. The stock timing tables are really aggressive, even with how rich the stock MaxOct fuel tables are.

Just my 2psi!

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 07-27-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by vinnymac
"And let the games begin"......:)
Heh. Very apt description!

Worked my ass off the couple days.. My favorite of my two primary engines (#1) is going down for a little surgery, and the other "fully built" engine (#2) is having a new set of cams put in, as well as a new set of bearings and balance shafts are being removed. So they will both be chillin on their stands for a couple weeks at the least.

Back up engine number one (#3 in the motor hierarchy) is going in the new car when I get a new clutch disc and throw out bearing and possibly a new headgasket, so back up engine two (#4) was just dropped in the old car tonight:

(You can see #1 in the background over the driver's side strut tower, #4 is in the engine bay)

Old 07-28-2011, 02:51 AM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
You've got me thinking about what you said in your last post. You know what all I have. I'd need a boomslang harness, bigger injectors and wide band AFR gauge... Just thinking.. I need to beef things up to handle the added power. Well actually that needs to be done to handle what I already have.
Which post? Please tell me you are considering slapping a turbo on too... and then using the methanol/water as a liquid charge cooler between stages!

;D

Old 07-28-2011, 03:27 AM
If it's a stock 1G intake there is a MAS sensor and venting the BOV to atmosphere is probably the only thing that makes it run retarded.

Based on that little bit of info I am about 90% certain that should fix it lol No offense of course but that is like the #1 DSM "Noob" mistake. Venting the BOV without a post turbo MAS/MAF or running speed density, that is..

I am sure he likes the BOV pshhh noise but he'll pick up torque from faster boost response and the car will behave better.

Fix that BOV so that it recircs back to the stock pipe, rewire the fuel pump or buy a used walbro 255lph hp (gss341) some evo 550cc injectors and crank the boost on that 14B! 13psi is only a couple more than stock, that turbo really wakes up from 15-21psi. But the stock 1G pump, even rewired is only good for about 15-16psi before you are pushing your luck.

Tell him to buy a wideband before he starts playing with boost. Stock internals with some headstuds and a good tune are good for 550whp+ on these 6 bolts. The stock timing tables are really aggressive, even with how rich the stock MaxOct fuel tables are.

Just my 2psi!

ya the vta bov doent change how it runs i have his stock 1g bov for when i go turbo cuz it sounds kool vta. he wants a maf translator and a gm maf but idk much after that

Old 07-28-2011, 03:49 AM
It really should... but in any event, if you could provide some more detail I could try and help.

Tell him that instead of a MAF-T and a 3" GM MAF that he should just buy ECMLink V3 Lite.

The stock 1G bov's are pretty good. If you plan on running more than 20-25psi you can "crush" them, or do the old school "dodge garage" mod.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:39 AM
5 Year Member

Just my 2psi!
Dayum, Dee yur not only back in the game....yur back in with a vengeance!.... ^-^

Old 07-28-2011, 12:51 PM
It really should... but in any event, if you could provide some more detail I could try and help.

Tell him that instead of a MAF-T and a 3" GM MAF that he should just buy ECMLink V3 Lite.

The stock 1G bov's are pretty good. If you plan on running more than 20-25psi you can "crush" them, or do the old school "dodge garage" mod.

i kno more about cars then him however i do not find the want to tune a car but he does.... but what is the ecmlink v3 lite going to do? as opposed to the maf-t? he wants to eprom his ecu to allow a tune between the maft and ecu. but is there a better/ more effiecent route? he doesnt want to buy a standalone unit at 1000+$ but he wants his eclipse to kinda be tunable.

and no i plan on 8-10 psi on my ge8 so the 1g bov is all good

Old 07-28-2011, 12:57 PM
ive heard people running the evo 8/9 maf w/ injectors (550+?) and they seem to be fine but he will upgrade the fuel pump, fpr, injectors he wants either the evo III (big 16g )turbo or the frankienstien 20g turbo i think he wants 350-400 hp cuz his dad just got an evo x and now he feels slow

Old 07-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Evo 3 16G, Evo 8 MAF, Evo 8 Injectors 560cc/min, big front mount intercooler, 3" turbo back exhaust, AEM UEGO, Aeromotive AFPR and a walbro 255 HP should make him 350whp on pump gas. This is assuming he has put some ARP head studs in.

He will need E85, a set of cams and 950cc/min injectors at the smallest, potentially an in-line bosch 044 pump as well if he wants to go for 400.

He should still get ECMLink if he wants a snowballs chance in hell of making that much power safely, 350 or 400.

It's going to require spiking boost to 30+ psi to do, but that is pretty common on 16G's. There are now a few guys running down high-mid 10 second 1/4 mile passes @ 120mph+ on the Evo 3 16Gs.

Going to the 20G is only going to pick up a ton of lag really at the gain of a couple lb/min mass flow... not worth it really. Even with a TD06H or TD06SL2 turbine.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 07-28-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Quick Reply: New Project..