1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

for those that dont already know- Hondata

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
Old 02-21-2013, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
http://t.vittuned.com/upload/get/139/969c357b69c9024647b2e8be310065b0

last time trying to get this to work right idk what im doing wrong to link it

Old 02-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jonee
hi friends,www.warninglightpro.com this the link from i buy this horn.you can buy this.i think you will feel better.
lololololololololololo

Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 AM
what is the power gain id see from a Stock L15a with an intake?

Old 03-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Spoon_Fit23
what is the power gain id see from a Stock L15a with an intake?
Buyer beware of anyone selling you an "intake" or an enthusiast who has one and is trying to justify his/her decision to have bought one. They don't work and there is no physics or engineering that supports the claims. It will make you engine louder though, if that's what you're looking for.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by CTCT
Buyer beware of anyone selling you an "intake" or an enthusiast who has one and is trying to justify his/her decision to have bought one. They don't work and there is no physics or engineering that supports the claims. It will make you engine louder though, if that's what you're looking for.
so then Stock airbox and K&N FTW.. as stated earlier, from the stock 105hp ish how much gain with the flashpro, i know it greatly increases the power gain but i dont know the estimate.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Wrong.

Originally Posted by Spoon_Fit23
so then Stock airbox and K&N FTW.. as stated earlier, from the stock 105hp ish how much gain with the flashpro, i know it greatly increases the power gain but i dont know the estimate.
Estimate is worthless.. hit the dyno and then see what it traps at the drag strip to back it up.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Wrong.

Estimate is worthless.. hit the dyno and then see what it traps at the drag strip to back it up.
I use a 300lb passenger with a stopwatch to measure how long it takes to go from the mailboxes to the end of a fence line...

Old 03-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I use a 300lb passenger with a stopwatch to measure how long it takes to go from the mailboxes to the end of a fence line...
I remember the picture you sent me! Some heavy duty telemetry equipment

Old 03-07-2013, 12:34 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
I remember the picture you sent me! Some heavy duty telemetry equipment
hahahahhahahahaha

Old 03-07-2013, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Wrong.

Spoon_Fit23, PLEASE, listen to DSM. Also that "105" sounds like a factory crank rating and is not going to be an accurate at wheel number.

There is no way to estimate as there are WAY to many variables. Even ambient air temperature is a factor.

CTCT,

I can provide you with numerous articles, dyno sheets and additional lessons in physics that will show that these are not just a scam.

HOWEVER, I have seen the 3+page flame thread about sparkplugs and don't want any part of that action.

So lets leave it as a disagreement of opinion. Every one is entitled to their own.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
I got my flashpro last friday, havent played with it yet though

Old 03-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by TPColgett
Spoon_Fit23, PLEASE, listen to DSM. Also that "105" sounds like a factory crank rating and is not going to be an accurate at wheel number.

There is no way to estimate as there are WAY to many variables. Even ambient air temperature is a factor.

CTCT,

I can provide you with numerous articles, dyno sheets and additional lessons in physics that will show that these are not just a scam.

HOWEVER, I have seen the 3+page flame thread about sparkplugs and don't want any part of that action.

So lets leave it as a disagreement of opinion. Every one is entitled to their own.
That is fine. But you cannot make valid conclusions when the physics do not support the test results. You are free to disagree with me.

To prove aftermarket filter plumbing (that's what it is, it's not an intake) is less restrictive than stock you would need to measure air temperature, pressure, and air flow right before the throttle body, and perhaps at a couple other locations at various engine speeds and vehicle speeds. From those parameters you can calculate mass air flow (slugs/ft^3) at various locations. If the aftermarket product provides better mass air flow than stock then the dyno result should reflect that or at least not show any less power (becuase the real mass airflow that affects volumetric efficiency happens in the cylinder and may get reduced after the throttle body to a point where the filter plumbing doesn't matter if it's better or worse than stock).

Old 03-07-2013, 02:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
I got my flashpro last friday, havent played with it yet though
You should at least be doing some data logging! Takes 15 minutes to set it up with a laptop, then get some base lines

You are FI right?

Old 03-07-2013, 03:08 PM
That is fine. But you cannot make valid conclusions when the physics do not support the test results. You are free to disagree with me.

To prove aftermarket filter plumbing (that's what it is, it's not an intake) is less restrictive than stock you would need to measure air temperature, pressure, and air flow right before the throttle body, and perhaps at a couple other locations at various engine speeds and vehicle speeds. From those parameters you can calculate mass air flow (slugs/ft^3) at various locations. If the aftermarket product provides better mass air flow than stock then the dyno result should reflect that or at least not show any less power (becuase the real mass airflow that affects volumetric efficiency happens in the cylinder and may get reduced after the throttle body to a point where the filter plumbing doesn't matter if it's better or worse than stock).
Guys like you fuckin' kill me.

Tyler's car and many others have been put on the dyno in a variety of configurations and conditions. We have results. I don't recommend things that don't work, I like my customers happy.. especially when they actually race their cars.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:26 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TPColgett
You should at least be doing some data logging! Takes 15 minutes to set it up with a laptop, then get some base lines

You are FI right?
currently just N/a with intake, header, cat delete, and axle back

ive got a broken weapon r intake mani i need to have fixed/replaced.

im going turbo tho

Old 03-07-2013, 03:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
currently just N/a with intake, header, cat delete, and axle back

ive got a broken weapon r intake mani i need to have fixed/replaced.

im going turbo tho
Excellent! You should have some interesting progress if you do both a before tune and an after FI and compare.

Record it all, FOR SCIENCE

Old 03-07-2013, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Finally put one of the base maps on my GD yesterday. Was having some issues getting the darn thing working since I have no time on my hands anymore due to work and learning Window's 8 (which Flash Pro does work with... so far).

Used the "Stock Equivalent" map and raised the rev limiter to 6.8k. I'm still unfamiliar with the FP Manager so it'll take me a bit to figure out and understand what does what and how it affect's the engine.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
I should be ordering my flashpro soon as soon as the other group buy is finished. tax return well spent

Old 03-12-2013, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
TPC how's the hondata doing seeing that you've been using it for a while now. Any pros or cons about it? I'm very curious and can't wait to get mine.

Quick Reply: for those that dont already know- Hondata