1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

for those that dont already know- Hondata

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 02:40 PM
5 Year Member
Okay I just talked to Hondata and there going to look into my problem. I will post a update once I hear back from Hondata.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
Now that you guys have the flashpro, I have a question that has been asked numerous times before and I believe has never been answered.

What are the values you guys have, which hondata provides for the injector opening time, for the 185 stock equivalent?

I'm sure everyone else who has tuned with other systems have guestimated like me the stock injector opening/response/dead times to estimate the opening times we might use with our bigger injectors.

Do the fit community a solid and please answer ;D

Old 11-29-2012, 05:01 PM
Cant wait to see more reviews!!

Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 PM
5 Year Member
Ok Hondata fixed the issue I re downloaded the beta software and everything is fine now 7k red line

Old 11-30-2012, 09:50 PM
glad it worked out, i have been away from my tuning laptop so i can only open cals/datalogs on the computer that has registered with a flashpro, otherwise it just opens a demo from a civic lol

Tuna.. I may have a screen shot for you

Tyler.. looking like late tonight or tomorrow, recovery is coming along but slow for her

Old 11-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Here you go Tuna:
Name:  inj_latency1.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  174.5 KB

Stock Batt Voltage v. Latency table^

Recognize that spark table in the background TPC? I'm testing it in my car, comparing my datalogs to yours and sending it over hopefully end of day tomorrow or sunday

Old 12-03-2012, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
For those looking to get Flashpro, we are launching a group buy here:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/aj-r...ml#post1149990

Thanks!

Jason @ AJR

Old 12-03-2012, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters

Recognize that spark table in the background TPC? I'm testing it in my car, comparing my datalogs to yours and sending it over hopefully end of day tomorrow or sunday
Got it! Just flashed it and did a quick cruise.... Looks like I now make a bit too much wheel torque to use launch control on my 205 street tires

Old 12-03-2012, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TPColgett
Got it! Just flashed it and did a quick cruise.... Looks like I now make a bit too much wheel torque to use launch control on my 205 street tires
That sounds awfully strong... Is your clutch going to be up to handling that much power??

Old 12-03-2012, 11:23 PM
We can adjust that.. maybe drop it a few hundred below peak torque, let em grab and then roll through the meat of the curve

Curious to see your logs with this tune

Old 12-05-2012, 12:18 PM
5 Year Member
Hondata Teaser
Impressions of Hondata so far...

The car is not tuned for boost so I can only baby it along, but uploading a map to the car was really quick and easy. I just put in 450cc injectors today at the same time and was worried it wouldn't be able to compensate well but surprisingly after programming the flashpro that I had aftermarket injectors, the car started right up! It even smells less (still no exhaust, open downpipe)

Tune is tomorrow, but even under slow driving I did notice that there is more pull under 3000 rpm and the throttle definitely has a little less hang between shifts. It also seems like it has quicker throttle response too, a sensation similar to what you would get from a "throttle controller".

Redline was set to 6750 I believe but I can't use it yet :/ had to crawl home. It also seems like the top speed can be changed too, maybe I should set it to 65mph I'll update after tune tomorrow

update*

After a brief 2 days of having to stay out of the boost that my Greddy 4psi bolt-on kit provides, it was dyno tune day with Doug Macmillan. The day before and the morning of, me and Len Higa put in too many hours for me to handle in the garage at DSPORT installing 440cc injectors, a higher output fuel pump, a Synapse blow-off valve because sadly I didn’t have one and my turbo went backwards every time I let off the gas, a boost controller, fixing a broken charge pipe mount and test fitting various pipes to replace the stock cat.

It felt like we were cutting it close but in the end we had 45 minutes to spare, enough time for me to run off to Costco and get a hotdog before heading to Church Automotive for a tune!

My car stock made about 90whp and 95lb-ft. With the turbo and a base map on the Greddy E-Manage Ultimate I was making roughly 115whp and 125lb-ft. I thought at that point I was hitting the limit, the car felt unhappy revving up and just seemed like it was being pushed when it didn’t want to go. AFRs were stable at 14.7 to redline which was a little worrying.

With the injectors and pump in place and the boost controller off, the Hondata “Base Map” that Doug threw together to get my car to Church actually ran pretty well and got me about 125hp and 130ish torque at 3.8psi! A nice increase from the base Greddy map. After a few runs and smoothing things out here and there, we began to turn on the Greddy PROFEC Type S boost controller and fiddle with the settings.

Gain was adjusted to obtain a flatter boost curve as drop off was significant, turning the dial 2/3 of the way up was needed to get the best possible curve. Boost slowly climbed up as well, before the project begin operation, we were talking about taking it from 4psi to 6psi, where personally I was hoping for maybe 7-8. I was being a wimp at the hands of the controller while Doug directed me to “crank it up”.

First I moved it 2 clicks, barely an increase in boost, so 6 clicks at a time was painfully instructed to me before settling on a good setting. 5psi – cool, 7psi, wow, 9psi – Holy shit! At one point of the day the car experienced 13psi, but it seemed that was a bit too much and the stock map sensors couldn’t handle past 10 anyhow so we settled it down to more sane levels

The boost curve hits a significant peak in the 3000rpm range; don’t remember exactly where I’m sorry because I don’t have the dyno runs on hand. After that, it tapers down and then tapers down a lot at near redline. Changing the pipes out for higher flow actually affected top end boost pressure a lot! Brought it up higher which flattened it out but it still had a downward curve, it was a huge improvement over the stock piece though.

Driving the car is an absolute joy, no more awkward partial throttle operation and the turbo comes in pretty seamlessly, the engine also sounds like it’s running much smoother and is happy for boost instead of screaming at me to stop, which I thought it was doing before at only 3.8psi.

As we’re speaking all the info we gathered is being put together and should be coming out in the next DSPORT issue #124! I’ll let you know if it does!

Oscar Jackson SR. Happened to be on the scene too and showed us his supercharged CR-Z, still gets 40mpg... wow!

Last edited by accordguyintake; 12-05-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Any chance you'll share a datalog from the runs eventually? Or a .cal file?

Old 12-05-2012, 12:56 PM
5 Year Member
Wow! Sounds good... I would also love to see your before/after dyno plots....

Old 12-05-2012, 07:04 PM
This is my 1st post, been a member for awhile. Do you think this will work on the AUS delivered Jazz? I know that the base map will be different, but is this the only difference? can i just load the base map and then change it to suit the jazz? We dont have drive by wire throttle, and mine is a CVT. I would love to get this to take advantage of the mods i have. Thanx in advance.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:44 AM
5 Year Member
Power of Hondata.. haha

Old 12-06-2012, 07:25 AM
I have never wanted tax season so badly! Come on tax return!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
with the proper tune, my car now feels smoother than a stock EVO 10! Amazing...

Old 12-07-2012, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
with the proper tune, my car now feels smoother than a stock EVO 10! Amazing...
Glad to hear it!..... are you waiting to share your data and numbers in a certain magazine? Any chance at a sneak peek?

Old 12-07-2012, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
Ughhhhhh SExy<33 JAson!!!! <3

Old 12-07-2012, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
I don't want to cuz they're not so impressive and b/c I don't know the exact numbers, but for reference, I can hang w/ stock 350Z from 25-70mph!

Quick Reply: for those that dont already know- Hondata