1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

for those that dont already know- Hondata

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
I see that now. I am reading the flash pro help site and they don't mention that.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Either mine is not activated or its user error since I cannot activate launch control nor take data logs... I will be seeing the shop first thing after work on Mon to sign a released saying if I blow up my car fiddling with it I won't sue them and then they will UN password lock it

Old 11-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Just for giggles, a couple weeks back I switched to using 93oct from a Meijer around the corner from my office to get the car acclimated.

Last night I reverted my fuel and spark maps, WOT lambda, etc back to stock.. basically a stock tune except for rev limit and launch control.

This morning I datalogged my whole trip into work and got some surprising results. I'm going to log a couple more commutes and switch back to shell 93 to see what happens.

I picked up some legit knock (2 counts and a spike of 7* retard @ 7440rpm) at the top of a second gear pull, and some persistent knock just dipping into the gas a bit in 5th a couple times.
Name:  knockret1.jpg
Views: 689
Size:  203.0 KB

Now something I've been trying to explain for a long time that a great many folks try to argue is what happens on insufficient fuel when you run into knock. In this case I watched my corrected AF jump from 13.1x:1 to 12.3x:1

You can see I get out of the gas when I felt/heard the first knock count and timing was pulled and shift into third and bury the gas to see if I can produce it again and it only came back briefly as the engine loaded up on engagement.

All in all no big deal, but more to the point we do indeed see knock on the stock tune, even on premium 93.

I was able to produce knock retard in bursts and sustained pulls of as much as 6* on the stock tune, just by merely trying to accelerate from 30-40mph in 5th gear on level ground as well as other very common scenarios during a commute..

This is because we have a high comp motor, and it was not designed for regular. Rather, as I've been trying to explain.. it's been designed to deal with fuel as crappy as regular, and anything worse has a high likelihood of damage.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Sustained 5* knock under low load in 3rd gear accelerating from 40-50 in traffic. Not exactly hot-dogging it either..
Name:  3rdgearknckret1.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  222.1 KB

Do we still have true believers? lol

Old 11-19-2012, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Once I found out the Fit was a 10.5:1 compression motor I immediately switched to 91 (highest thing available in CA ) Gas mileage increased and with the 9.x gallons it takes to fill the tank, at most its an extra $1-2. Growing up around engines designed to run on leaded 100 octane from the '60-'70's.... I have NO doubt that when a motor has the right octane in it, its MUCH happier!

Old 11-19-2012, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
flash pro

Dose any one know if there is or will be any stock advance tunes to down load that is already set up or some charts to copy?

Old 11-19-2012, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
11 whp with a basic tune is pretty good. It really shows how much you are leaving on the table with out getting the car tuned and how much the ECU keeps everything in a more Eco friendly mode.
Even more so because after you bolt on your new shiny bits, the 5-10whp gets pulled by the factory ECU within a week of normal driving and your just left with expensive parts making more noise!!! The FlashPro makes those gains PERMANENT.

Originally Posted by lakia5524
Dose any one know if there is or will be any stock advance tunes to down load that is already set up or some charts to copy?
You can check/post up a request on the Hondata Forums under Calibrations, but my unit shipped with only a "stock equivalent" map pre-loaded. As every ones setup and situation is different, I recommend you have a tuner you trust dial it in.

You could always contact DSM, he might be getting REAL busy REAL soon

Old 11-19-2012, 02:09 PM
5 Year Member
Look at etunez.com they'll will tune your fit for 200 bucks at your own pace no need to take it to shops to get tuned.

To TPCOLGETT you had a shop install your flashpro??

Old 11-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Why the hard-on for e-tunez? lol

Check out their active forums if you want a feel of what you are getting into for your $200 bucks:
Just ordered a tune from vit! | E-Tunez

And:
Should I be concerned about the knock cout? | E-Tunez

For a couple examples.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:26 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
e tunez?! LOL funniest thing ive heard all day!

Old 11-19-2012, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08purplefit
Look at etunez.com they'll will tune your fit for 200 bucks at your own pace no need to take it to shops to get tuned.

To TPCOLGETT you had a shop install your flashpro??
I had a shop do the initial dyno tune with the FlashPro, I was in a hurry as I had an even on Sunday and so many people on here had been bugging me for results.

I KNOW it was rushed, and not my first choice, so I am not at all surprised with the results. YET, the results are still impressive!

The concept of an "e tune" is great. The FlashPro is the perfect tool for it as well...

HOWEVER, I would ONLY pay my hard earned cash to someone I trust with a proven track record.

In my experience cheap does not mean a good deal, ESPECIALLY when it comes to tuning...

Old 11-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
anyone have weapon r intake with the hondata?

Old 11-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
I wonder how well this program works on Mac.. I need to get a windows laptop but then thats just more money ontop of it all lol

5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
anyone have weapon r intake with the hondata?
As of yesterday I do, the parts at least Saddly this is an early run one that has not had the EGR port added... Good thing I live/work close to Weapon R's HQ. I plan to get it to them to be "updated" this week

I can think of someone who might lol

Edit: Woo simul-post!

Hope to be able to sit down with your cal file tonight TPC

I have been busy un-fucking a local's IS300 hackjob

Old 11-19-2012, 02:54 PM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by TPColgett
As of yesterday I do, the parts at least Saddly this is an early run one that has not had the EGR port added... Good thing I live/work close to Weapon R's HQ. I plan to get it to them to be "updated" this week
damn, any chance you can hook me up? the welds on mine keep breaking

Old 11-19-2012, 03:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dewthedew
damn, any chance you can hook me up? the welds on mine keep breaking
Where?! I have heard this, but can you show me where to check this one? I mean, if I get a good deal on labor from them, maybe you could ship me yours? It would probably be easier to have a local machinist just cut and clean up all the problem welds than ship, repair and re ship costs...

Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I can think of someone who might lol

Edit: Woo simul-post!

Hope to be able to sit down with your cal file tonight TPC

I have been busy un-fucking a local's IS300 hackjob
LOL Jinx

Ouch, always liked those. Good candidate for a Dad's 4 door hot import

Old 11-19-2012, 03:05 PM
Tack some tabs in to brace.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by TPColgett
LOL Jinx

Ouch, always liked those. Good candidate for a Dad's 4 door hot import
I wish I could post pics of the outside of this cluster.. I've got some of the engine bay when I first got brought into the project somewhere and its not pretty.

Straight up eBay special... dude was trying to run an AEM EMS.. for a Civic.. modified by an unknown 3rd party to control his NA VVTi 2JZ.

Only fuel mods were unknown injectors and a walbro GSS341 pump.. on stock NA FPR, chinabay knockoff WG, BOV, FMIC, etc.

The exterior is even worse. Chunky beat to fuck wheels, rattle can paintjob on a homemade "widebody kit"

Rear diff sounds like its got marbles rolling in it when you kick the tires. Its bad.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 11-19-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Quick Reply: for those that dont already know- Hondata