Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

NIGHTHAWKSI's custom turbo build progress thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
thats super nice imma attempt fully building my side motor too my buddy ask me if i wanted all motor or FI but i told him.... ALL MOTOR BABY! cuss i want some custom ITB in this L15 motor LMAO! i know i know its not gonna be fast and im jsut wasting my time but hey at least im attempting it =P plus if its not fast enough my buddy got a few nitrous kit for me =D stright directly shot to the ITB all four of them LMAO! then i wont complain as much =P

edit: oh btw super nice setup let me know when you are done... unless you are already =P let me see some pictures and if possible video i want to see it in action! =D

Old 12-16-2008, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
not sure if it has an actually name at the moment. I do know it's the same style as a honda s2000. which generation i'm not exactly sure of though.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Im|Inside|Fit
thats super nice imma attempt fully building my side motor too my buddy ask me if i wanted all motor or FI but i told him.... ALL MOTOR BABY! cuss i want some custom ITB in this L15 motor LMAO! i know i know its not gonna be fast and im jsut wasting my time but hey at least im attempting it =P plus if its not fast enough my buddy got a few nitrous kit for me =D stright directly shot to the ITB all four of them LMAO! then i wont complain as much =P

edit: oh btw super nice setup let me know when you are done... unless you are already =P let me see some pictures and if possible video i want to see it in action! =D
not to thread hijack but your going to want to get the compression up pretty high, and get a nasty cam made for itb's to work efficently.

Old 12-17-2008, 05:19 AM
it doesnt matter what version it is, pretty much all jumper harnesses are different now you HAVE to get the vehicle specific harness!

Old 12-17-2008, 05:29 PM
5 Year Member
since no one knew, i took some pics today after work...and as guanglang thought, it is difffernt than any other obd harness.

chances are i will make my own extension harness because to have one custom made will be about $200+ from boomslang. all i should need are male and female harness pins, wire and electrical potting resin...and alot of patience. lol

Old 12-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Ohhh how I remember being under the glove box looking at that EXACT view...

Must have been under there for at least 3 hours all told, most of which with a soldering iron hovering over my head and a cramp in my wrist.

Damn I wish someone made a harness.. even just an extension harness so I could do the soldering NOT upside-down....

Old 12-17-2008, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Im|Inside|Fit

ITB on a DBW L15?

Old 12-17-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by 1WayFit
ITB on a DBW L15?

Well it wouldn't be DBW once he put the ITBs on...

Old 12-17-2008, 11:40 PM
nighthawksi, you should just splice into the factory wiring making your own jumper is more work than it's worth.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by quangalang
nighthawksi, you should just splice into the factory wiring making your own jumper is more work than it's worth.
looks like a PITA to be under there splcing wires...maybe i can remove the glove box and get to the wires that way. id rather not be soldering upside down, lol.

does anyone have a ecu wiring diagram they can post?

Old 12-18-2008, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Old 12-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
looks like a PITA to be under there splcing wires...maybe i can remove the glove box and get to the wires that way. id rather not be soldering upside down, lol.

does anyone have a ecu wiring diagram they can post?
I sent you the diagram I had, let me know if you didn't get it.

I took out the glove box when I did my install. It worked out ok, actually. My E-manage is in my glove box so it's easy to get to when I need (or just feel like) tweaking my tune. It really isn't TOO hard to do, but make sure you've gotten enough sleep.. I did mine after working 22 hours straight through with no sleep on installing the turbo itself, and totally F!CKED my wiring. Took me damn near a week to sort through all my bull-ish under there.

I've still got solder stuck to my carpet too... Remember to put some tin foil or something down when you're soldering BTW

Old 12-19-2008, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by underdog
not to thread hijack but your going to want to get the compression up pretty high, and get a nasty cam made for itb's to work efficently.
yah my buddy has alot of connections with people to make cams and pistons so imma have to go mostly custom parts =/ but i guess itll all be well worth it were not attepting this yet cuss ofcouse nows not a really good time =P so start jan well see =]

Originally Posted by 1WayFit
ITB on a DBW L15?
imma leave most of the work to my buddy =P im not the machanic im just the one with the Fit =P

Old 12-19-2008, 08:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by explosivpotato
I sent you the diagram I had, let me know if you didn't get it.

I took out the glove box when I did my install. It worked out ok, actually. My E-manage is in my glove box so it's easy to get to when I need (or just feel like) tweaking my tune. It really isn't TOO hard to do, but make sure you've gotten enough sleep.. I did mine after working 22 hours straight through with no sleep on installing the turbo itself, and totally F!CKED my wiring. Took me damn near a week to sort through all my bull-ish under there.

I've still got solder stuck to my carpet too... Remember to put some tin foil or something down when you're soldering BTW
got it. thanks for the quick reply and the diagram. it will be a while before i need it, but its nice to have it and see what im in for when it comes time.

i have this amazing mini wireless soldering iron that can fit in the area easily...hopefully hardwiring it in wont be too bad if before i start i tag each of the emanage wires with where it has to go

Old 12-26-2008, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
so ive run into a wiring schematic issue.

i have the instructions of the t1r turbo kit wiring that includes a chart for the emanage wiring. it lists off the wires that are supposed to come from the emanage harness and where to go at the ECU.

Purple / red ........................INJECTOR 4 IN .......................CUT / WIRE
Purple / Grey...................... INJECTOR 4 OUT....................CUT / WIRE
Yellow / Red....................... INJECTOR 3 IN .......................CUT / WIRE
Yellow / Grey.......................INJECTOR 3 OUT....................CUT / WIRE
Orange / Red ......................INJECTOR 2 IN........................CUT / WIRE
Orange / Grey......................INJECTOR 2 OUT....................CUT / WIRE
Blue / Red...........................INJECTOR 1 IN.........................CUT / WIRE
Blue / Grey .........................INJECTOR 1 OUT..................... CUT / WIRE

i understand that (for example on injector 1) i should take the wire that goes into the pin for injector 1, cut it and wire the greddy input injector 1 to the one side of the wire and the greddy output injector 1 wire to the other.

problem is, i only have 1 wire on my emanage blue harness....i assume this difference is because the instructions are for the t1r kit with emanage ultimate.

so on my greddy emanage blue harness i have 1 wire for each injector. so i simply splice (not cut) into the corresponding injector wire coming out of the ECU?

these are the wires in my harness. i depinned the ones that are in small font(since they werent needed), and the ones that are not bold, i know what to do with.

14................POWER........................... ..... RED
15............... GROUND............................. BLACK
16................RPM SIGNAL.................... BROWN
17.............. AIR FLOW METER ..........GREEN (ECU)
6 .................................................. ..............WHITE SENSOR)
5 ................THROTTLE SIGNAL....... GREY
9.................INJECTOR GROUND......BLACK/RED
4 ................INJECTOR #1.................. BLUE/RED
3 ................INJECTOR #2 .................ORANGE/RED
2 ................INJECTOR #3 ................YELLOW/RED
1 ................INJECTOR #4................ PURPLE/RED
11..............INJECTOR #5................ PINK/RED
10 .............INJECTOR #6 ................LIGHT BLUE/RED
13.............. EX. INJECTOR #1....... WHITE/RED
12 ..............EX. INJECTOR #2 ......GREEN/RED
19..............IGNITION #1................ BLUE/WHITE (ECU)
24................................................ ....... BLUE/BLACK (SENSOR)
20 .............IGNITION #2 ...............ORANGE/WHITE (ECU)
25 .................................................. ....ORANGE/BLACK (SENSOR)
26 .............IGNITION #3............... YELLOW/WHITE (ECU)
27 .................................................. ...YELLOW/BLACK (SENSOR)
21 .............IGNITION #4............... PURPLE/WHITE (ECU)
28 .................................................. ...PURPLE/BLACK (SENSOR)
22 .............IGNITION #5................PINK/WHITE (ECU)
29 .................................................. ..PINK/BLACK (SENSOR)
23 .............IGNITION #6...............LIGHT BLUE/WHITE (ECU)
30 .................................................. ..LIGHT BLUE/BLACK (SENSOR)
8 ...............VTEC SOLENOID..... LIGHT BLUE (ECU)
7 .................................................. .....YELLOW (SENSOR)
18...............VTM SIGNAL .............PURPLE (ECU)

if some one who is familiar with wiring, please confirm that all i need to do are splice wires 1, 2, 3, 4 into the injector wires at the ECU??? if not, what do i do with them?

Last edited by NIGHTHAWKSI; 12-27-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:30 AM
If you only have one wire for each injector, you should probably tap them. If you cut the wire and run it into the E-manage, but not to the harness, then you have no circuit, and therefore no injector.

The EMB can only add up to 20% fuel. I'm guessing this is because it has a capacitor it uses to extend the pulse on the injector circuit.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by explosivpotato
If you only have one wire for each injector, you should probably tap them. If you cut the wire and run it into the E-manage, but not to the harness, then you have no circuit, and therefore no injector.

The EMB can only add up to 20% fuel. I'm guessing this is because it has a capacitor it uses to extend the pulse on the injector circuit.
thats what i was thinking.

as far as the 20% fuel,...since im using larger injectors (+50% larger), the amount of fuel injected for each pulse is more than OEM and then also to allow +-20% fore each pulse..i feel it shoudl work.
i have a good tuner in mind...im sure he will be able to do a very good job with the EMB.

Last edited by NIGHTHAWKSI; 12-29-2008 at 10:56 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
i have a few parts on order...
bov
intercooler, couplers and 2.5" piping (intercooler -> throttle body)
boost gauge

hopefully i will get this suff by the end of the week or middle of next week. i will post pics when i get them.
and most likely disect the BOV to see what makes an ebay knockoff different than a "real" one.

only things left to buy:
2" turbo->intercooler pipe
manifold parts
oil feed/return

Last edited by NIGHTHAWKSI; 12-29-2008 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
i have a few parts on order...
bov
intercooler, couplers and 2.5" piping (intercooler -> throttle body)
boost gauge

hopefully i will get this suff by the end of the week or middle of next week. i will post pics when i get them.
and most likely disect the BOV to see what makes an ebay knockoff different than a "real" one.

only things left to buy:
2" turbo->intercooler pipe
manifold parts
oil feed/return
SHWEET dude... hopefully i can see them part soon

Old 12-29-2008, 10:48 AM
5 Year Member
^at my new years party..if you can make it.

Quick Reply: NIGHTHAWKSI's custom turbo build progress thread