1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

High Mileage Fits

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
My 2007 is at 182,500 miles. I believe the adhesive around the windshield has become brittle and cracked, allowing water entry when it rains and it is a lot oof water coming in. We are in the middle of an El Niño winter in San Diego, which means lots of rain. Aside from this issue, the other issues with the car are all related to age and nothing unexpected... the last work done were to replace the alternator, the front control arms and liftgate gas struts. The original alternator did go overvoltage which caused weirdness with the electronic steering and warning lights, but once the alternator was replaced everything was back to its glorious normal.

I am bidding farewell to the Fit next week, I found a very low mileage Mazda 3 for sale that was too good a deal to pass up. Zoom.. zoom.

The Fit is a fun car to own, to the point that if Honda would bring it back I would get a new one. The current 2024 HR-V [the Fit replacement] does not have the magic seats and is a pig to drive.

Old 02-26-2024, 03:09 PM
Low Mileage Fit

Originally Posted by crudy1
Hello Everyone,

Just looking for some of the highest mileage Fits out there. This is mostly just for fun but also useful because we can see what parts break first / potential weaknesses in our cars.

I'll start with mine. I am about to roll over 94,000. I haven't had any problems yet really. I had to resurface the brake rotors at about 70,000 and I can tell I will have to do it again, but oh well. I also have some minor issues with the weak paint and various door dings. Other then that I've had only routine maintenance. The Fit has still been a great car and is fun to drive!

Let me know about your Fit!

Chris
07 Honda Fit Sport Auto NHBP
My wife’s 2007 Base Fit has about 85,000 miles on it. Her 0.8 mile commute to work is a large part of that.

She has had a lot of common Fit problems that we have taken care of. The water leaks into the tire well were fixed by plugging the top corners of the hatch.

We had the car repainted as the Milano Red paint was turning pink and any new added parts stood out like a sore thumb. I’m talking shark fin antenna to replace the buggy whip original, driver’s side door handle/lock.

The rear bumper rusted out after 16 years here on NH’s salty roads. But the rest of the underside is still solid.

She loves it still and always says that it’s the only car that ever “fit” her. She’s 5’2”.

Continued success with yours!

Old 02-26-2024, 05:00 PM
Low Mileage Fit

Originally Posted by crudy1
Hello Everyone,

Just looking for some of the highest mileage Fits out there. This is mostly just for fun but also useful because we can see what parts break first / potential weaknesses in our cars.

I'll start with mine. I am about to roll over 94,000. I haven't had any problems yet really. I had to resurface the brake rotors at about 70,000 and I can tell I will have to do it again, but oh well. I also have some minor issues with the weak paint and various door dings. Other then that I've had only routine maintenance. The Fit has still been a great car and is fun to drive!

Let me know about your Fit!

Chris
07 Honda Fit Sport Auto NHBP
My wife’s 2007 Base Fit has about 85,000 miles on it. Her 0.8 mile commute to work is a large part of that.

She has had a lot of common Fit problems that we have taken care of. The water leaks into the tire well were fixed by plugging the top corners of the hatch.

We had the car repainted as the Milano Red paint was turning pink and any new added parts stood out like a sore thumb. I’m talking shark fin antenna to replace the buggy whip original, driver’s side door handle/lock.

The rear bumper rusted out after 16 years here on NH’s salty roads. But the rest of the underside is still solid.

She loves it still and always says that it’s the only car that ever “fit” her. She’s 5’2”.

Continued success with yours!