3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 05:17 PM
5 Year Member
correct, take out your oem bulb, shove in the new bulb ... and of course hook up that harness/ballast thing that comes with it as well

no modifications needed. I did have to re aim my head light.

1 thing I'd like to note, the end of the mini projector does make contact with the circular reflector thingee as circled in red:

if I could re do everything all over, I'd be less lazy, and remove the bumper, and head lights, and remove the oem reflector thingee so there would be nothing at all, to make contact with the mini projector. said "reflector thingee" appears to be held down with 1 philips screw, you can see it by opening up your hood, and simply looking down in the area where one would reinstall a new bulb

Old 06-22-2018, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
correct, take out your oem bulb, shove in the new bulb ... and of course hook up that harness/ballast thing that comes with it as well

no modifications needed. I did have to re aim my head light.

1 thing I'd like to note, the end of the mini projector does make contact with the circular reflector thingee as circled in red:

if I could re do everything all over, I'd be less lazy, and remove the bumper, and head lights, and remove the oem reflector thingee so there would be nothing at all, to make contact with the mini projector. said "reflector thingee" appears to be held down with 1 philips screw, you can see it by opening up your hood, and simply looking down in the area where one would reinstall a new bulb

That's something to consider, depending how much work is involved in removing the bumper. Having the bulb touch the reflector doesn't cause a problem?

Old 06-22-2018, 05:45 PM
5 Year Member
the bulb itself does not touch anything, its just the front of the bulb, which appears to be just a piece of glass (or plastic or wahtever it is)

Old 06-22-2018, 09:05 PM
there are plenty out there.... I was lazy and chose 1 randomly from amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

there is a heat sink, no fan
the heat sink is indeed, removable
the kit does provide its own weather boot thingee
another question, does it work with the DRL circuit, or does it need to be disabled?

Old 06-22-2018, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up What I Did To My 2015 Red EX.

Sent it to the body shop to re-paint the hood because my nephew scratched it. And to fix a small dent on the lower rear quarter panel.

Previous;

Bought a K&N Air and Cabin Filter.

Future;

Getting a set of 2018 Fit Sport blacked out wheels with Yokohama Tires.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mike Nimoff
Just did leather wheel cover. So happy looks clean as rom for 30 bucks
I coulda sworn I came across a thread once, where someone showed a write up doing this, involving removing steering wheel. our "search" function is not the greatest.... can someone kind, link me to a thread that talks about doing this leather steering wheel wrap, mod?

Old 06-23-2018, 12:50 AM
Got new wheels and tires.
Tested for fit.
Install this Sunday.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GK Fit today?-wheels1.jpg   What did you do to your GK Fit today?-wheels2.jpg   What did you do to your GK Fit today?-wheels3.jpg   What did you do to your GK Fit today?-wheels4.jpg  
Old 06-23-2018, 09:56 AM
I coulda sworn I came across a thread once, where someone showed a write up doing this, involving removing steering wheel. our "search" function is not the greatest.... can someone kind, link me to a thread that talks about doing this leather steering wheel wrap, mod?
If it's me, then click on my tinkering link.

Old 06-23-2018, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinylengraver
Got new wheels and tires.
Tested for fit.
Install this Sunday.
Nice! Are those Rota? I am planning on ordering a set of those (finally!) in about 2 weeks.

where did you find a Honda center cap that fits? I’ve been trying to find a set that does.

Old 06-23-2018, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
another question, does it work with the DRL circuit, or does it need to be disabled?
It does work with drl, tho I do plan on pulling the fuse becuase I hate the idea of lights being on during daytime

Old 06-23-2018, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by LeFreakyBone

Nice! Are those Rota? I am planning on ordering a set of those (finally!) in about 2 weeks.

where did you find a Honda center cap that fits? I’ve been trying to find a set that does.
These are made/sold by a canadian company Fast Wheels, model name Hayaku.
Manufactured in Taiwan, very nice quality, 14.5 lbs in 16x7 size.
OEM centercaps sort-off fit, but not really. I only put one on for the picture... I already ordered stick-on overlays to go on top of the supplied caps.
I was thinking of Rotas, but these are cheaper and better quality to my eye.
I had Rotas on my Abarth - they looked okay but had slight issues with finish.
The Hayakus required almost no additional weights to balance. And according to my installer it was the tires that put them slightly out of balance, actually.
They were pretty much perfectly straight and true out of the box.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinylengraver
These are made/sold by a canadian company Fast Wheels, model name Hayaku.
Manufactured in Taiwan, very nice quality, 14.5 lbs in 16x7 size.
OEM centercaps sort-off fit, but not really. I only put one on for the picture... I already ordered stick-on overlays to go on top of the supplied caps.
I was thinking of Rotas, but these are cheaper and better quality to my eye.
I had Rotas on my Abarth - they looked okay but had slight issues with finish.
The Hayakus required almost no additional weights to balance. And according to my installer it was the tires that put them slightly out of balance, actually.
They were pretty much perfectly straight and true out of the box.
Cool thanks for the info!
i am going to look into those.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:39 PM
5 Year Member
@evilcharger's suggested projectors came in and were an absolute breeze to put in. No tools necessary and take about 5 minutes. Pictures of install aren't really useful due to location/ease of install. His concern about touching the reflective shroud are valid. Time will tell if that becomes a major concern. They fit as though they were meant for this application. 10/10 worth the money, even if they only last 6 months. More pics and thoughts in my build.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverEX15
That's something to consider, depending how much work is involved in removing the bumper. Having the bulb touch the reflector doesn't cause a problem?
We'll see. It is a valid concern as these should be getting pretty warm. I'll watch it closely and update when/if necessary.

Old 06-24-2018, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by DannyJ7
@evilcharger's suggested projectors came in and were an absolute breeze to put in. No tools necessary and take about 5 minutes. Pictures of install aren't really useful due to location/ease of install. His concern about touching the reflective shroud are valid. Time will tell if that becomes a major concern. They fit as though they were meant for this application. 10/10 worth the money, even if they only last 6 months. More pics and thoughts in my build.
I like these very much.
In the meantime...

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GK Fit today?-fitbadgeback.jpg   What did you do to your GK Fit today?-fitbadgefront.jpg   What did you do to your GK Fit today?-fitwheels2.jpg   What did you do to your GK Fit today?-fitwheels.jpg  
Old 06-25-2018, 12:00 PM
5 Year Member
lookin good danny!

red emblems, nice touch!

Old 06-25-2018, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
Post One More Future Mod.

I'm getting my hood Carbon Fibered in July.

Old 06-25-2018, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chitown Fit
You mean wrapped? Or the whole hood is really carbon fiber?

Old 06-25-2018, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chitown Fit
My employer is "carbon fiber" wrapping mine to take photos. I had some on at one point, just looks too ricey IMHO, but the hood looks like shit after so many touch ups...so we'll see how long I can stand it.

It's a 6 mil vinyl with embossed pattern btw...not the cheapest stuff, but far from the real thing.

Last edited by DannyJ7; 06-25-2018 at 02:53 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:58 PM
H

Hey guys I'm new here.... here is my new 2018 EX

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?