3rd Generation (2015+) Say hello to the newest member of the Fit family. 3rd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What did you do to your GK Fit today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vinylengraver
Installed Tanabe Medalion Touring muffler.
Beauty.
That was the first mod i did to mine...
Love how it sounds and how it looks.....

ENJOY.... just be careful when entering or exiting places with huge difference in height between sidewalk and road...😁

Old 07-21-2018, 07:09 PM
I'm having so much fun with this car... but cannot really take it all that seriously.
Hence red lug nuts.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your GK Fit today?-imag0395.jpg  

Last edited by vinylengraver; 07-21-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 01:46 PM
Blacked out liftgate reflectors

I've seen some discussion around blacking out the liftgate reflectors. Ever since i got the car, i've been slightly annoyed by them.

This first attempt is with black plastidip(about 7 layers) and the glosifier(3 more layers). The finish is ok, with a mild bit of texture (not too fond of the texture). I'll be redoing them sometime in the future for a glossier mirror finish after some more research on how exactly that's accomplished.

Last edited by knope; 07-22-2018 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Spell check
Old 07-22-2018, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by knope
I've seen some discussion around blacking out the liftgate reflectors. Ever since i got the car, i've been slightly annoyed by them.

This first attempt is with black plastidip(about 7 layers) and the glosifier(3 more layers). The finish is ok, with a mild bit of texture (not too fond of the texture). I'll be redoing them sometime in the future for a glossier mirror finish after some more research on how exactly that's accomplished.

Ive been looking gor this same look.... and once found a pic of some aftermarket black reflector replacement.... but havent bee able to find them now that i wanna buy them.... BTW they were the same gloss black of the wiper trim and front grille on the lx model...

Old 07-24-2018, 08:25 PM
5 panel mirror, (we'll see how long it lasts- less sun visor).

EDIT:
I took it for a spin to get an idea of what it actually did: pretty brilliant. Although it jitters a bit, so i'll need to dial in all the bolts. I had to use a "custom" bolt, washer, and nut to fit it to the area the sun visor previously occupied. The bolts are far too long (nothing that matters, but it bothers my ocd). Later this week i'll be picking up some tint film to lay over each of the mirrors. Poorly angled headlights suck, and with 5 mirrors aiming them at your eyes, they suck even more. ... ..tomorrow I'll include more pictures in an edit.

The unsightly bolt..
Wooo $21 autozone mirror

Last edited by knope; 07-25-2018 at 08:39 AM. Reason: update...
Old 07-25-2018, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
Decided to throw the TE37rt's back on and damnit!, I don't want to sell them anymore.

Feeler! My 16x7 +35 Work Emotion CR Kais are for sale!

I'll post worthy shots of the car this weekend!

Cheers!

Old 07-25-2018, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
Amazon Catch Can

Added a catch can between the PCV valve and intake manifold:

Used 3/8" fuel line between the catch can and intake manifold; re-used the stock hose from the PCV valve to the catch can

Name:  BezGvsG.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  663.7 KB
Better shot of how I mounted it to the car. Used an "L" bracket plus two small bolts.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by bdcheung
Added a catch can between the PCV valve and intake manifold:

Used 3/8" fuel line between the catch can and intake manifold; re-used the stock hose from the PCV valve to the catch can

Better shot of how I mounted it to the car. Used an "L" bracket plus two small bolts.
Is this the link?
Amazon Amazon

Is the breather filter needed? My guess is no as it may throw a vacuum leak code? This is a mod been meaning to do. my 2017 is still young in miles about 15k. L-Bracket and 3/8th fuel line hardware store sourced? Also did you add any stainless wool inside the can to help filter the vapors more than the baffle inside?

Last edited by Bassguitarist1985; 07-25-2018 at 08:47 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bassguitarist1985
Is this the link?
https://www.amazon.com/Ruien-Univers.../dp/B06XKCSHSL

Is the breather filter needed? My guess is no as it may throw a vacuum leak code? This is a mod been meaning to do. my 2017 is still young in miles about 15k. L-Bracket and 3/8th fuel line hardware store sourced?

Old 07-25-2018, 08:56 AM
Got it thank you! Ordered! With the exception of the 3/8" hose line, I'll get that locally. No leaks, no issues so far?

Old 07-25-2018, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Got it thank you! Ordered! With the exception of the 3/8" hose line, I'll get that locally. No leaks, no issues so far?
No issues so far. If I pull out the dipstick and put my finger over the hole I can feel the vacuum, so that's positive.

If a CEL gets thrown I'll report back.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:37 PM
Installed Kenwood DNX995S headunit.
Used Axxess HDCC-02 interface to maintain rear camera and lanewatch. Works instantly.

Cannot get Axxess ASWC-01 to work with steering wheel controls.

Old 07-25-2018, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
Is this the link?
https://www.amazon.com/Ruien-Univers.../dp/B06XKCSHSL

Is the breather filter needed? My guess is no as it may throw a vacuum leak code? This is a mod been meaning to do. my 2017 is still young in miles about 15k. L-Bracket and 3/8th fuel line hardware store sourced? Also did you add any stainless wool inside the can to help filter the vapors more than the baffle inside?
I missed a few questions.
  • I'm not using the breather filter.
  • L-Bracket I had left over from some curtain rod hangers. At some point I'll replace with proper brackets from the hardware store.
  • Fuel line I got from Amazon.
  • I put steel wool inside the baffle container in the catch can -- it's a little chamber right at the inlet. I don't drive this thing hard enough to also need a baffle in the can itself.

Old 07-25-2018, 07:19 PM
I missed a few questions.
  • I'm not using the breather filter.
  • L-Bracket I had left over from some curtain rod hangers. At some point I'll replace with proper brackets from the hardware store.
  • Fuel line I got from Amazon.
  • I put steel wool inside the baffle container in the catch can -- it's a little chamber right at the inlet. I don't drive this thing hard enough to also need a baffle in the can itself.
where did you get the stainless steel wool?

Old 07-25-2018, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
where did you get the stainless steel wool?
It's just generic steel wool from the grocery store. I cut off a segment and crammed it into the baffle chamber. When I cut the steel wool there were some small metal fragments so make sure to remove those, otherwise they could get sucked into your intake manifold and then you'd have a bad time.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:23 PM
It's just generic steel wool from the grocery store. I cut off a segment and crammed it into the baffle chamber. When I cut the steel wool there were some small metal fragments so make sure to remove those, otherwise they could get sucked into your intake manifold and then you'd have a bad time.

​​​​​​Got it, metal fragments bad. When you say baffle, you mean in the lower chamber where the oil collects, or where the hoses go?

Old 07-25-2018, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
​​​​​​Got it, metal fragments bad. When you say baffle, you mean in the lower chamber where the oil collects, or where the hoses go?
So on my catch can, the inside of the INLET has a perforated 'cap' that screws into the top of the can, creating a chamber:

I unscrewed it, shoved the steel wool in there, put it back together, then screwed the bottom of the catch can back on.

For racing applications where you're pulling higher lateral G's it makes sense to also put steel wool into the catch can itself to prevent oil from sloshing around and potentially getting sucked into the intake manifold.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:28 PM
Careful with standard steel wool, it fragments easily and can oxidize aka rust very quickly clogging the can instead of baffling it, wich will cause more blow by from crankwaste and pressure building up. Our motors dont produce enough crankcase pressure to really expel liquid oil via the block breather, especially upwards fighting gravity, i would keep it empty, the internal chambers are more than baffled enough to collect oil vapor along the sides, flow is more important when the pcv valve opens.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cichlid_visuals
Careful with standard steel wool, it fragments easily and can oxidize aka rust very quickly clogging the can instead of baffling it, wich will cause more blow by from crankwaste and pressure building up. Our motors dont produce enough crankcase pressure to really expel liquid oil via the block breather, especially upwards fighting gravity, i would keep it empty, the internal chambers are more than baffled enough to collect oil vapor along the sides, flow is more important when the pcv valve opens.
Good to know!

Old 07-25-2018, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
ok I just checked and the steel wool I used is indeed stainless. Still gonna remove it though if that's the conventional wisdom.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your GK Fit today?