Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

**Official K-Fit Pictures Thread** (no BS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
awesome dude... btw you going F.I or str8 N/A with your build ?
Im planning to boosting the little freak. Ive had plenty of N/A power plants and love the sound of vtec popping, but i would love to hear the sound of a turbo spooling under my hood and the sound of the BOV.
all while making it a DD and having A/C. I can already feel the heat down here in socal.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
Post up pictures if you do the k swap in a weekend.
Of course but it wont be running. it will just be prepped for body work and cleaned up to get dropped off at the body and paint shop.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
glad to hear your making progress Superfatfit! keep us updated on the project and dont forget to post up some pics
definitely will post some pics. so far i keep them on my build thread... updates, new parts that came in and so forth. just got the call today that the mount kit is in. my girl will pick that up later i have finals to study for so thats why i wont be doing the swap until sun. last final is on sat at 6pm. then ill go straight back to Los Angeles to start pulling the SOHC and making the adjustments to drop the K in the early wee hours of sunday morning lol>>> No! Sleep! till K's in! (RIP McA) beastie boys.

Last edited by superfatfit; 05-10-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Refresh my memory again superfat what was your long term boosted power goal for this again?

I feel like we discussed this and I had recommended a turbo for you to check out, but with so much going on lately its just drawing a blank haha

Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Refresh my memory again superfat what was your long term boosted power goal for this again?

I feel like we discussed this and I had recommended a turbo for you to check out, but with so much going on lately its just drawing a blank haha
DSM, we discussed the BW air werks S200SX-56/S256 turbo. Respectively I want to go north of 400hp but seeing as I'm not to familiar with what a stock k24a4/2009 tsx head can handle that's where I will start when the time comes. I'm pretty sure that's what you recommended. I'll be working with a tsx ecu on flas pro. Waiting on hasport for the wiring.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:25 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
2009 tsx head? k24a8. why that combination?

the k24a4 block has been documented handling 550whp consistantly so you should be alright.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
2009 tsx head? k24a8. why that combination?

the k24a4 block has been documented handling 550whp consistantly so you should be alright.
to be honest with you i purchased it this way. good price at the time. the way the guy explained it to me was that the head flows better than some other heads. (not going to be specific as i could be wrong) im guessing thats a typo because i dont have a k24a8 lol.

about the block i hope it can. i tend to push the limits. besides i have a k24z3 sitting at home as a spare so it anything goes wrong ill try to build that motor even though it has that radical exhaust port
so to answer your question the block and head came assembled like that.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by superfatfit
Im planning to boosting the little freak. Ive had plenty of N/A power plants and love the sound of vtec popping, but i would love to hear the sound of a turbo spooling under my hood and the sound of the BOV.
all while making it a DD and having A/C. I can already feel the heat down here in socal.
LOL, alright... im dying to see your progress my car wont be out until next year

Old 05-11-2012, 02:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
LOL, alright... im dying to see your progress my car wont be out until next year
damn next year! whats going on with he little guy? check this out.

just came last night

Old 05-11-2012, 08:08 PM
5 Year Member
Question to all the kswapped guys running the K24a4 block.

Who kept the stop water pump assembly?

If no, then what assembly did you use?

as our P/S is electrical do i absolutely need a P/S delete kit or will a smaller belt suffice. and what do you guys recommend? Ktuned, HR, karcepts?

last but not least, who is running an after market thermostat? if you are do we still need the stock plastic housing that goes to the WP assembly.

getting so excited. its down to the little details now. :v tec:

Old 05-11-2012, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
damn next year! whats going on with he little guy? check this out.

just came last night
sick... well the k24 frank that i have is burning oil so i was planning on selling it until i drove it before i moved back to haiti... so im saving some money to get a k20a2 and re-do the car over again... and as for the water pump i kept the stock one in, but if you are going FI if you cant find any1 that help on this forum check out K20a.org you'll find most of your questions being answered on there

Old 05-12-2012, 01:13 PM
5 Year Member
Here is a another question for you K series guys. Who has the hasport Mount kit and found out there is no need to cut the chassy near the driver side mount as hasport suggest in their instruction manual?

Old 05-14-2012, 10:30 AM
5 Year Member

OUT!

and IN!

"Like a GLOVEEE!"

Old 05-14-2012, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member

OUT!

and IN!

"Like a GLOVEEE!"
damn took no time... looking good

Old 05-14-2012, 09:59 PM
Suweeettthhhh!!!! Keep us updated Superfatfit.. I'm following your build... love them k series...

Old 06-19-2012, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
long story short, the motor i have is a stock K24a4. Guy who sold it to me told me it had a TSX head on it well that was a load of crap.

in any regard the motor is out again so i can do some chassy upgrade primarily a spot weld to the engine bay and the clearing for room on the driver side rail so that the transmission does not hit and i get a crack in the tranny case.

Since it is out what do you guys recommend i upgrade while its out. I was thinking RSX oil pan with oil pump, HR chain tension-er, Si oil cooler.

Any other recommendations on what to upgrade?

I have a friend with a ITR valve train complete, cams, towers, shafts, and rockers with blueprint oil mod. im looking in k20.org to see if this valvetrain will fit in this motor.

let me know what you guys are thinking thanks.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator
maybe throw some cams in the car, you could probable get some 06+ TSX cams for cheap and pick up a few ponies. The oil pump would not hurt, then you can rev the car high.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
its nice to see more k swaps coming around. this fuels my fire to go even further O.O

going to be working a lot on areo (down force) after I get my engine tuned. The power is plenty. Its time to get gorgeous. lol

Old 06-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator
Whats yours guys thoughts about the vented hood that are on the market right now? I opened my hood yesterday after a drive and damn was it hot under there I think I need to find a way to vent the engine bay some.

Old 06-20-2012, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
Whats yours guys thoughts about the vented hood that are on the market right now? I opened my hood yesterday after a drive and damn was it hot under there I think I need to find a way to vent the engine bay some.

personally ive always loved the j's racing cf hood. seibon makes a usdm replica. it would be the only hood i would buy for the usdm front end. of course paint it oem color too, to keep the flames down haha and paint the vents black. but, then again, makes me just want to jdm front convert it and get the real deal j's....

SEIBON HONDA FIT 07-08 DV CARBON FIBER HOOD | eBay

Quick Reply: **Official K-Fit Pictures Thread** (no BS)