Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

**Official K-Fit Pictures Thread** (no BS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 08:17 PM
5 Year Member
Are you going to be doing the swap in the very near future? Don't bother pm'ing unless you're serious.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CustomFitOwner
Gaaaahhh! No I wish I knew Mandrin lol!!! But yea I guess we should get back to topic. :/ when I get closer to getting my swap done I will talk to yall again. I have been e mailing a bunch of companies, performance shops, and talking to RTR for a few days bugging the hell out of them seeing if they are stressing other sources as much as I am stressing them. But I will be back with you guys next year. I will post comments here and there.
Good luck. Just a little FYI this is where I stand with my k24 swap. This list is just for parts and nothing else.

K24a4/2009 tsx head 1300$
Rsx base tranny 500$
Clutch kit/w stock flywheel 200$
Rsx shifter/w cables 150$
Type s ecu 02-04 250$
Wiring harness 150$
Hasport duel ecu harness + hondata 1500$
Axle 300$
Mounts 250$
mfactory LSD 699$

This all adds up to around 5300 and I'm not including labor for the LSD install. Just to give you an idea of what to expect. I still need custom fuel and a/c lines, little fabrication to the chassy. Try to get a good idea of what exactly your getting into before you decide to take he knife to the GE. Like DSM said maybe get a beater. Again good luck to you.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by superfatfit
Good luck. Just a little FYI this is where I stand with my k24 swap. This list is just for parts and nothing else.

K24a4/2009 tsx head 1300$
Rsx base tranny 500$
Clutch kit/w stock flywheel 200$
Rsx shifter/w cables 150$
Type s ecu 02-04 250$
Wiring harness 150$
Hasport duel ecu harness + hondata 1500$
Axle 300$
Mounts 250$
mfactory LSD 699$

This all adds up to around 5300 and I'm not including labor for the LSD install. Just to give you an idea of what to expect. I still need custom fuel and a/c lines, little fabrication to the chassy. Try to get a good idea of what exactly your getting into before you decide to take he knife to the GE. Like DSM said maybe get a beater. Again good luck to you.
for the AC line get the EP3 ac line you'll be fine and my swap was just about the same with yours but 5420 in total with the tuning and everything...

Old 05-02-2012, 02:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Zangoose GD3 Blue
for the AC line get the EP3 ac line you'll be fine and my swap was just about the same with yours but 5420 in total with the tuning and everything...

Hey goose, Yea unfortunately I'm paying California prices. I've been purchasing on the fly this past month so that means I haven't been patient when purchasing parts. My build deadline is end of this month. plus I started from scratch, I've pieced everything together. Lol parts are hard to come by at a good price.

When talking about the A/C lines are you reffering to the ones attached to the a/c compressor. Which ones exactly? And what compressor did you use I have the accord compressor right now.

Did you use a different oil pump on your swap. Which one?

Thanks for the help boss.

Last edited by superfatfit; 05-02-2012 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Missed info
Old 05-03-2012, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
Hey goose, Yea unfortunately I'm paying California prices. I've been purchasing on the fly this past month so that means I haven't been patient when purchasing parts. My build deadline is end of this month. plus I started from scratch, I've pieced everything together. Lol parts are hard to come by at a good price.

When talking about the A/C lines are you reffering to the ones attached to the a/c compressor. Which ones exactly? And what compressor did you use I have the accord compressor right now.

Did you use a different oil pump on your swap. Which one?

Thanks for the help boss.
oh damn my bad lol...
well i had the EP3 ac line to my rsx-s compressor at the time and it ran fine until i decided i didnt want it anymore... as for the oil pump i use the CR-V oil pump ( which wasnt the greatest idea of doing but had too)... because my previous pump rsx-s pump took a dump since i had the car towed and bam oil pan and pump was badly damaged... but if i were you either use the rsx-S or or the TSX oil pump

Old 05-06-2012, 11:29 AM
DISCLAIMER: NOT MINE!!!

I found this pic in my local community. I don't know who owns it, nor do I know how they do it, so don't expect me to give you any explanation or how to. It's a work in progress as you can see in the pic.I just thought that I needed to share this here with all the talks about GE swap. All I can tell you is that this pic is not hoax. Whether it will work out or not, I have no idea. I'll try to scavange news if I can find it, since the owner is not releasing any details. This pic itself is not released by the owner, it's the work of some dude who happens to see it and take a candid of it... It's currently being worked on in one of the top tuner shop in my area.

Last edited by kodok3ribu; 05-06-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Is this a USDM Fit? "One of these things are not like the other" For instance if this is the Jazz I can understand the swap being done because they go through with the swaps. The two things I find different are the windshield fluid res and i'm guessing whats sitting on the K20 is a brake fluid res?? idk but why do they look different? Is this something I will need to look up as well? ...F it already am. I guess it makes sense seeing the engine is a tight fit, nothing will be able to go where they need to be. But cool cool, I like that pic, it looks like the car was wrecked and they just put a k20 in there for sh**s and giggles. And the dude is an ass for not sharing information. I hate stuck up mother f**kers like that. If I do this I am posting everything that needs to be done. Tell him to get the stick out his ass and start sharing with people that are interested in doing this. Sure you may have a couple warrantiers that will browse and blab on about "when my warranty goes out I will do it. Just another millennium to go. " *Sorry for the ranting* Continue on guys. Had to browse and see what he was talking about.

Old 05-06-2012, 04:27 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
the brake reservoir is on the right side of the car... meaning rhd jazz.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah the guy from Jakarta is posting a USDM Fit, so many facepalms had.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Yeah the guy from Jakarta is posting a USDM Fit, so many facepalms had.
yup.. epic facepalm is in order here... also for the fact that he thinks it is for sh** and giggles, while I already state clearly it is being worked on in one of the top tuner shop in my area... not in some random guy's backyard.... <sigh>

also, for your reference, i need to state that obtaining a k20 type r engine in my area cost around $5,000 (converted). And that's only the engine, transmission, ecu, harness... not counting all the custom work and labor cost.... So whoever did this have some serious passion and financial to back it up. And what's so surprising with secret projects? A lot of people here do it, and they bring it out full-on during motorshows and contests...

And there's also that special bunch... The few guys who like to build cars just for the sake of his passion.. not into racing, not into contest or showcars, they don't go to car meets and they don't go flashing their car to every passerby... And I've met a couple of them, like the owner of a full spec rebuilt of an NA B16 in a CRX.... or a 270hp B18C in an EG6... or a fully rebuilt Mustang Fastback.... or a full stock Datsun 240Z.... I met them personally, try out their rides, chat with them... and guess what, you will not be able to find their cars or a photo of it anywhere... Not in magazines, not in forums, unless some random dudes take a candid pic of it... Heck at one time years ago, there's even some sick dude who put a Nissan RB25DET engine in an EG. I call him sick dude, cause it breaks my heart to see an EG dissected like that.... Nothing left of the chassis....

Old 05-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by kodok3ribu
yup.. epic facepalm is in order here... also for the fact that he thinks it is for sh** and giggles, while I already state clearly it is being worked on in one of the top tuner shop in my area... not in some random guy's backyard.... <sigh>
'
hey guy its called a "observation" no need to get your panties in a bunch. And no one said anything about a backyard because clearly you don't see grass... lol! (Observation) Sheeesh, a guy can't state his own observations without others crying like infants.
Sooooo how exactly does a RHD Jazz help anyone here with the ((Fit) <<Key Word here) k swap if no information is being told......? Again, observation.
I like this blocking thing, it's great, you don't have to read crap from someone, it just says: (Name) has posted a reply Remove from block list?
I got mike on it. It's great.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:38 AM
I wish that much stupid was painful.

For most rational, intelligent human beings.. when the one common denominator with problems is you, its time to change your approach and re-evaluate things.

But not for you. You just double down, huh?

Thats gonna make life real tough.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 05-07-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by CustomFitOwner
Is this a USDM Fit? "One of these things are not like the other" For instance if this is the Jazz I can understand the swap being done because they go through with the swaps. The two things I find different are the windshield fluid res and i'm guessing whats sitting on the K20 is a brake fluid res?? idk but why do they look different? Is this something I will need to look up as well? ...F it already am. I guess it makes sense seeing the engine is a tight fit, nothing will be able to go where they need to be. But cool cool, I like that pic, it looks like the car was wrecked and they just put a k20 in there for sh**s and giggles. And the dude is an ass for not sharing information. I hate stuck up mother f**kers like that. If I do this I am posting everything that needs to be done. Tell him to get the stick out his ass and start sharing with people that are interested in doing this. Sure you may have a couple warrantiers that will browse and blab on about "when my warranty goes out I will do it. Just another millennium to go. " *Sorry for the ranting* Continue on guys. Had to browse and see what he was talking about.
Disagree. If I did a k swap in a ge I wouldn't share any info with you fuckers either unless your DSM, but only cause he scares me.

Seriously though why is he entitled to share anything with anyone? Kind of ignorant to call him a "stuck up mother f*cker"

Old 05-08-2012, 02:24 AM
ooookay.. i think i've made it clear in my 1st post that i'm not trying to help you or anyone for that matter. i just felt that since somebody in my area is currently trying to do what you're aspiring to do (note the difference...), that i'll be a good enough bloke to try to encourage you and warn you at the same time... encourage you by letting you know that somebody is trying to do the same, so you are not a mad cow and there are others who think the same as you... and warn you that it will not come cheap.... even more since you're relying on professional work.

if that much you can't appreciate, than my bad.. i'll just cr*p on your aspiration the next time i see it...

Old 05-08-2012, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kodok3ribu
ooookay.. i think i've made it clear in my 1st post that i'm not trying to help you or anyone for that matter. i just felt that since somebody in my area is currently trying to do what you're aspiring to do (note the difference...), that i'll be a good enough bloke to try to encourage you and warn you at the same time... encourage you by letting you know that somebody is trying to do the same, so you are not a mad cow and there are others who think the same as you... and warn you that it will not come cheap.... even more since you're relying on professional work.

if that much you can't appreciate, than my bad.. i'll just cr*p on your aspiration the next time i see it...
Im just confused what inspiration this could spark for anyone with a LHD Fit? There have been quite a few RHD JAZZ/FIT with a k series in it so that is nothing new. Got a pic of a lhd 2nd gen rocking a k series then feel free to share...your basically doing nothing constructive by posting that...

My .02, dont flame on me

Old 05-08-2012, 09:36 PM
It's says "no BS" in the thread title. Can we try to keep it that way?

Anyways, I was looking on the Import tuner page, and it said you have to use the accord or Tsx shift cables. Now is that for the use with the OE shifter or with an aftermarket like the Hybrid racing shift box?

Old 05-09-2012, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
This was such a good thread,wtf happen? I use to come here for sound advice. Now I come just to get a good laugh.

AGAIN, BACK TO THE TOPIC.

Update: hasport k24 mounts got drop shipped on monday. Should be here in time for me to drop the k in the fit during the weekend

Last edited by superfatfit; 05-09-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Corrections
Old 05-09-2012, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
This was such a good thread,wtf happen? I use to come here for sound advice. Now I come just to get a good laugh.

AGAIN, BACK TO THE TOPIC.

Update: hasport k24 mounts got drop shipped on monday. Should be here in time for me to drop the k in the fit during the weekend
awesome dude... btw you going F.I or str8 N/A with your build ?

Old 05-09-2012, 03:06 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Post up pictures if you do the k swap in a weekend.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator
glad to hear your making progress Superfatfit! keep us updated on the project and dont forget to post up some pics

Quick Reply: **Official K-Fit Pictures Thread** (no BS)